Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
The Rolands
Earning My Ears

What rides to avoid while pregnant?

Hello everyone! We are planning a Jan 2014 trip to Disney and I'll be 6 months along. I know to avoid roller coasters however does anyone know if a list exist somewhere of rides to avoid while being pregnant. I just love Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Thanks!!!
The Rolands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
happyleesh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rolands View Post
Hello everyone! We are planning a Jan 2014 trip to Disney and I'll be 6 months along. I know to avoid roller coasters however does anyone know if a list exist somewhere of rides to avoid while being pregnant. I just love Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Thanks!!!
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I went last November at 8 1/2 months pregnant and had a fantastic time! Lots of water and breaks and I was good to go all day. I talked to my ob/gyn about the rides and I was basically told that anything my DD2 could ride, I could ride. I went by that rule of thumb and didn't miss out on much, though the only ride that made me sick was Pirates, that drop at the beginning made me incredibly nauseous the rest of the day.

That being said, I'd definitely talk to you doc as every pregnancy is different and they might have a better idea of what is a good idea for you/your situation.

happyleesh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
pixiedustmomma
Mouseketeer

I would have been in my first trimester when we went and my doctor said not to ride any rides. That surprised me because I saw a lot of women talking about all the rides they went on. I would just let your doctor know you will be going and ask what would be safe for you to ride.

pixiedustmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Maggie Lizer
Mouseketeer

You might want to avoid the Teacups - I don't know if it is officially on the "no-no" list, but it made me wicked nauseous when I went on it at 20 weeks pg.

DS1 & DS2 (and DH, of course) 4/29 - 5/8/14.

Possibly again in January 2015????
Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if it will let me post this link but here is a link to the ride restrictions on another website. Just read the "Restriction" column and it says which rides expectant mothers should not ride.

http://allears.net/tp/rr.htm

I went at 5 months pregnant and aside from roller coasters I rode most everything, even Kilamanjaro safari at AK which I was given the OK for by my doctor but it is a hotly debated topic. You might post this question in the Disney for Families forum too.

jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

I think the link I just posted hasn't been updated for awhile because I noticed it didn't include some rides which surely have restrictions for expectant mothers (goofy's barnstormer for example). If you go to Disneyworld.com, under "Theme Parks", each theme park has a link for "Attractions", and you can filter the list Under "Accessibility & Advisories". You have to expand the options under "Accessibility & Advisories". Once you expand it you will see an option for "Expectant Mothers Advisory".

jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
ShayBells
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rolands View Post
I think you'd be just fine with those two an any like them. You should always ask your doctor first but I went four wheeling when I was about 5 or 6 months rotfl. I didn't even think about it until we got going cause we actually went out on rocky trails. But everything was fine lol. And four wheeling to me is a lot more rough than those rides. I'd stay away from the mountains ToT and Aerosmith and maybe test track. I don't see any others as being that bad. But definitely closer to you trip get a check up with your heart and the baby an ask your doctor.

Have fun mama!!!!! : banana:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
ShayBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
The Rolands
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the great tips! I love the website w/ the list of rides and what a great idea to check Disney's site as well. It couldn't hurt to talk w/ my md as well. Thanks again to you all!!
The Rolands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
bethyz
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!
bethyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
FTPD
Earning My Ears

I think you will be just FINE with those two rides.. Assuming no DR. Restrictions.

We just saw someone yesterday who was OBVIOUSLY 7 to 8 months pregnant.. Got out if a wheelchair and onto..... ROCK N ROLLERCOASTER!!

I could not believe my eyes. But it happened.

Wife & Mom to 3 Pirates & 1 Princess

Counting Down to Our Next Disney Adventure!
FTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
WuvEeyore
Mouseketeer

I went at 4.5 months and avoided all the mountains, ToT, R&R, Test Track and other rides like those. Went on Pirates and Haunted Mansion plenty. Also enjoyed Soarin', but if you get nauseated by smells, you might want to skip it.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

I'm 5 mos and going next week. I have been trying to decide what will be on my no-ride list as well. I know the usual's....any rollercoasters and Splash,Dinosaur,Test Track, Safari, ToT, ect.. but I think I am going to be safe and say no TSM or Teacups... My dr said I can just watch everyone else, but I don't feel I need to be that extreme... I may avoid Winnie the Pooh as well....I can't remember how bumpy it is? TSM is just so jerky I think I better sit it out on the safe side. Congrats and have a great trip!

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Tigpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #13
kpapiezjhbk7211
Mouseketeer

I don't want to start a debate or anything but why is the safari off limits for expecting mothers?
kpapiezjhbk7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
WuvEeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpapiezjhbk7211 View Post
I don't want to start a debate or anything but why is the safari off limits for expecting mothers?
It can be a bit bumpy.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
moepanz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Lizer View Post
You might want to avoid the Teacups - I don't know if it is officially on the "no-no" list, but it made me wicked nauseous when I went on it at 20 weeks pg.
Yes this! I went on the tea cups and was really sick after I was not even 12 weeks yet. (turned out to be twins lol)

I know the Star Wars ride was iffy too but that was the old one I don't know anything about the updated one.

Congrats and enjoy your trip and drink lots of water!!!

1st trip off site 1992,2nd trip Dolphin 1992,3rd trip Dixie Landings 1996,4th trip CSR 2001,5th trip CRB 2007 (1st family trip)
,6th trip POP 5/5-5/8/08 Me and DS 5 and Grandma Breezy,7th trip 1 night at POP for MNSSHP 9/16/08 8th trip POR 1/27-2/3/09 (2nd family trip), 9th trip POP 9/17-922/09 DH 40th B-day and Grandma finished Chemo trip (3rd family trip) WE MISS YOU GRANDMA BREEZY!!! 10th trip POP 9/9/10-9/12/10 Me and the Dav! 11th trip POP 12/10/10-12/16/10 X-mas family trip 12th trip 12/13/11-12/19 POP 13th trip 12/10-12/18/13 AOA Nemo Suite! Nick's 11 b-day!
moepanz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: