Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #91
Jacie
Disney Obsessed!

Just think of all the unpotty trained toddlers in the pool. All of them peeing on a whim, all of it in the pool with you. Swim diapers do not contain pee, just poo, so every time they feel the urge it joins you in said pool.

My child, when she was sick, once announced (At Disney) that she needed to pee while in the pool, and that she was just "Going to go ahead and do it in the pool, okay mom?" Of course I told her no, and pulled her out to go, but by then we already had about 6 adults looking at my special needs child like she was the plague, only because she SAID something, not did anything. Had someone felt the need to speak up to her such as you did, it would not have been pretty from mama bear. Not at all. You have an issue with my kids that you feel you NEED to vocalize? Tell it to me- not them.
2011- May- Star Wars Weekends- Just Daddy and Mommy! First WDW trip for Mommy!
2011- November- All Star Movies- First WDW trip for the kids, first resort stay!
2012- October- Flying back to the West Coast to go to Disneyland! Can't wait to be back to my home park!
2013- May- Star Wars Weekends- Just Daddy and Mommy again!
2013- September- Family trip back to WDW for MNSSHP! Staying in the LM area at AoA!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #92
myjourney
DIS Veteran

I agree peeing is not the worst, although I would not condone my child peeing in a pool. I am usually pretty tolerant about pools but the last time we went to Storm-along was gross. I was standing on the side of the pool and saw a little girl swimming toward a duck with her mouth open and into the streak of poop the duck had just released. I realize the pool has chemicals, but that was just too disgusting. I am surprised I do not see more people complaining about it on these board. And I am surprised Disney doesn't do a better job of stopping the ducks from being in that pool

Dec 2014 Fort Wilderness 8 nights
Oct 2014 Fort Wilderness 14 nights
Oct 2013 Fort Wilderness 9 nights
May 2013 4 nights AKL, 5 nights at POR (love Yeeha Bob!)
May 2012 5 nights AKL, 3 nights BCV, and 4 nights SSR TH
March 2011 SSR and POR
October 2010 CSR
May 2010 Kidani Village and Saratoga Spring Resort
Oct 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2009 Saratoga Springs Resort
Nov 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort
June 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #93
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

How are they supposed to keep ducks out?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #94
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Kids pee in the pool all day long and everyone knows about it.

The unspoken rule is that nobody is supposed to actually talk about it.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #95
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I honestly wouldnt approach strange kids and start scolding them about such things. I dont agree with that at all.
According to OP, it was only when the child approached the hot tub, where the OP had went after leaving the pool, was something said. So there was no approaching a child.

I am amazed at the number of people who don't want anything said to their child. Just how sheltered is your child that it will cause a problem if they are spoken to by another adult? If my child was doing something wrong and politely told to knock it off by an adult, I would have no problem with that.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #96
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post

According to OP, it was only when the child approached the hot tub, where the OP had went after leaving the pool, was something said. So there was no approaching a child.

I am amazed at the number of people who don't want anything said to their child. Just how sheltered is your child that it will cause a problem if they are spoken to by another adult? If my child was doing something wrong and politely told to knock it off by an adult, I would have no problem with that.
Lol, it isn't about sheltering a child. It is about boundaries. Unless there is danger myob. The kid had emptied their bladder. The op just wanted to say something because he/she was bugged by it.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #97
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post
Lol, it isn't about sheltering a child. It is about boundaries. Unless there is danger myob. The kid had emptied their bladder. The op just wanted to say something because he/she was bugged by it.
OP said something because the child was infringing upon her enjoyment of the pool/hot tub. Just because it is a child doesn't mean all adults have to let the child disrupt their enjoyment.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

So i used the wrong choice of words. I didnt mean literally approach the child. I actually meant confronting the child. I dont think its ok to confront someone else's kid like that. Tell me, the mom, or the dad, but not the kid.
Quote:

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #99
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

IMHO, if the parent had addressed the situation, it wouldn't have been a further issue.
I always corrected my kids when necessary, & I think we can all agree that not all parents correct their kids when they do something wrong. We've been on airplanes getting kicked in the back, we've been in movie theaters-same thing, kids having a meltdown that are left in stores for a loonngg period of time afterwards, so long that WE want to leave!
I personally think it's not so much that the child admitted he peed. Yes, all kids have accidents, but don't all of you as parents say something to address the situation? Not by yelling or embarrassing, but just taking the time to acknowledge that what they did was wrong.
As for toddlers, I personally think that's why they have the toddler section of the pool, & I think it's expected when you have babies up to toddlers-to not think they're not going to have an accident is a little crazy.
A lot of ppl are saying they would be angry if OP addressed their child, but don't say that you wouldn't acknowledge the misdeed..I feel like most parents would & should.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #100
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
Well that is your opinion of police officers. I might be living in Northern Virginia but that does not mean I am a police officer there. You have a low opinion of law enforcement and I wish you well when in need of one with your attitude . You have question everyone who have posted anything that you disagree with. As I said everyone doesn't share your views. We all have our own views so why not leave it as that thank you. And I am proud to be a police officer that helped on 9-11-2001.

From your Canadian neighbour, thank you and all officers/first responders for your service.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #101
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:

OP said something because the child was infringing upon her enjoyment of the pool/hot tub. Just because it is a child doesn't mean all adults have to let the child disrupt their enjoyment.
It isn't about a child. Or adult. It is about minding your own business. The chance the child was going to per in the hot tub was very small.

The op had just stewed on an attitude and wanted to spew it.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #102
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

I love how "it takes a village" when it comes to helping/teaching/being kind to other people's children, but when it comes to some slight discipline it's all "don't talk to my kid!"

Guess what, if your kid is doing something objectionable around me and MY kids, I will darn well tell him/her to stop without searching around for a parent/guardian. If the child can't handle being told to stop an objectionable behavior by someone other than a parent, then I fear for them in future life.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #103
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaA View Post
I love how "it takes a village" when it comes to helping/teaching/being kind to other people's children, but when it comes to some slight discipline it's all "don't talk to my kid!"

Guess what, if your kid is doing something objectionable around me and MY kids, I will darn well tell him/her to stop without searching around for a parent/guardian. If the child can't handle being told to stop an objectionable behavior by someone other than a parent, then I fear for them in future life.
Truthfully I hate the "it takes a village attitude". The village's values don't necessarily jive with my family's values. It take 2 responsible parents to raise a child, not a village.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #104
Julylady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post

It isn't about a child. Or adult. It is about minding your own business. The chance the child was going to per in the hot tub was very small.

The op had just stewed on an attitude and wanted to spew it.
If a child peed in a pool I was in, it just became my business. OP, I think you handled this appropriately.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #105
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I have a pretty high tolerance for other children being unruly, but there comes a time when enough is enough and in certain situations I will say something. This particularly incident I doubt I would have said anything such as the OP, but I wouldn't have a problem with her saying something if I were in the hot tub as well. I'd also have tossed in the 'I heard it too' if OP decided to say something. Say something myself? Eh, this one isn't really on my radar. The incident needs to be a bit more extreme for me.

There were 2 young children running around like banshees in Cape May during our dinner on the last trip. Absolutely insane. Yelling, screaming, throwing themselves on the floor, touching tables... and the parents sitting next to us - you'd think they were on a date solo. They paid no mind at all. After touching our table, bumping into me, screaming loudly for a good 30 minutes, and eventually taking a french fry off my daughter's plate, I finally looked at the mother and said 'can you please keep your kids from touching our things.' She just looked at me, sipped her wine, and turned up her nose. Alright then. Mr. McGrabby Hands came back and try AGAIN to take something off one of our plates, but instead knocked over my drink. Enough. I finally just sternly said to the child 'NO. Please keep your hands off of our table and do not touch our food.' He just looked at me shocked and carried on with his piss poor behavior. Didn't come back to our table though.

I'm sorry - but your lack of respect for others around you is a ridiculous reason for me to have a meal, or any situation really, ruined. I wouldn't have a problem with someone saying something similar to one of my kids, however, you'd never have to I'm around because it won't be tolerated FROM ME. If someone felt the need to approach me after I spoke to their child then you are more then welcome - you'll come out of that one looking far worse than I will. I can assure you. If it gets to the point that I've had to resort to saying something you can bet that that child has disrupted everyone in the immediate vicinity and they'll speak up. It takes one person to say something and others will back them up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: