Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #76
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
I think you presume too much. OP didn't say they raised their voice to said child, simply pointed out that they heard what the child said previously and that it wouldn't be acceptable in the hot tub. And I think OP also already established that the parents either condoned or accepted the child's behavior. Why waste your breath with them?
Because the adult that was with the child at the hot tub was not the adult that had supposedly condoned the behavior.

Absent danger, correcting and admonishing other people's children is not acceptable, IMO.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #77
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
And outsiders have no way of knowing how you made this work for your family.

I have a friend who turned late EMH into a new day for her kids. They would get up early, eat breakfast, and hit rope drop or Am EMH if available. Then they ate lunch at around 11. After lunch,they headed back to their resort, and swam. By 2 Pm the shades are pulled and the whole family lays down to sleep. The kids are given cereal when they wake at around 6 or 7 pm. Then they head to the night time EMH park. The kids are refreshed, and they usually play the night away.

When they do this, they sleep in the next day, and usually hang out at their resort relaxing, maybe hitting an in park TS for dinner.

It works for them, and it's really nobody's business what time other people's kids go to bed, especially when they are on vacation!
Exactly! Once we had kids, rising at the crack of dawn to drag everyone out for commando touring from rope drop to closing was done.

Judging by the number of young children being drug around WDW, over tired and miserable, not everyone agrees.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #78
revdon64
Mouseketeer

And I've talked to parents of ignorant/obnoxious kids and guess what, the parents are just the same. We were waiting on Pixar Place last Sunday to get sigs and pics with a Green Army Man when a kid just walked up past everyone and handed his autograph book to the character. I turned to the dad, who i'd already seen encourage this once before just a few minutes earlier in the Wreck It Ralph line, and confronted him. His response was to engage me in an argument and say there was no line. So go ahead and address the parents, but I'm guessing they're not going to be sympathetic.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #79
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip

Because the adult that was with the child at the hot tub was not the adult that had supposedly condoned the behavior.

Absent danger, correcting and admonishing other people's children is not acceptable, IMO.
And there's no reason to think that this adult will think any differently than the ones who were nonplussed about the previous behavior. Oh, and isn't the reason that small children are prohibited from hot tubs because they're dangerous to their small bodies?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #80
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
And there's no reason to think that this adult will think any differently than the ones who were nonplussed about the previous behavior. Oh, and isn't the reason that small children are prohibited from hot tubs because they're dangerous to their small bodies?
I have no issue with kids not being permitted in hot tubs, and if the OP had mentioned that to the grandfather, that would have been fine. But that isn't what happened. The OP tried (and most likely succeeded) in humiliating the child because hey, it's easier to pick on a child than on the adult that is standing right next to him.

I know how proud I'd feel if I made a five year old cry.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #81
Fairyjen1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
Hope you are not staying at POFQ next week then, because if your kid announces he's peeing in the pool, darn tooting I'm going to ask him not to. I'm normally tolerant of children's behavior and mostly ignore kids acting like kids, but there are lines that include bodily fluids which will not be crossed!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #82
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyjen1 View Post
Hope you are not staying at POFQ next week then, because if your kid announces he's peeing in the pool, darn tooting I'm going to ask him not to. I'm normally tolerant of children's behavior and mostly ignore kids acting like kids, but there are lines that include bodily fluids which will not be crossed!
No problem. And if your child is wailing and crying about a stuffed animal or a toy or the long lines, I assume you won't mind if it tell them knock it off, right?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #83
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since the title of the thread included "What would you do?", I see no reason why people wouldn't comment. Disagreeing does not constitute picking on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and since the OP asked for them, I doubt there was an expectation that everyone would agree.

As a police officer, of course you will correct people that are breaking the law, although the tone of your comments just bolster my already low opinion of NOVA cops.
Well that is your opinion of police officers. I might be living in Northern Virginia but that does not mean I am a police officer there. You have a low opinion of law enforcement and I wish you well when in need of one with your attitude . You have question everyone who have posted anything that you disagree with. As I said everyone doesn't share your views. We all have our own views so why not leave it as that thank you. And I am proud to be a police officer that helped on 9-11-2001.

Last edited by tiger4me2; 09-05-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #84
LittleFlounder
DIS Veteran

I'm sure if I had been in the pool when that child announced he had peed in it numerous times, I might have said something to him. I wouldn't be afraid to say something to the kid like, "You know its not nice to pee in the pool, it makes the water dirty". I work in retail and I will often speak to kids and ask them to not run, leave toys in the aisle, not play in clothing racks, etc. I will also say the same thing to their parents if they are with them (though the kids are usually left alone).

On the other hand, the thought of pee in pools doesn't bother me. I know I won't get sick from pool water. Pools are chlorinated for a reason... to kill bacteria and make it safe/healthy for us to swim in the same water than other people are also in. I'd feel much differently if public pools were fresh water!

Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #85
BigAlsGal
DIS Veteran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...l-is-fine.html

Before everyone goes tattling on more kids maybe you should read this.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #86
Fairyjen1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No problem. And if your child is wailing and crying about a stuffed animal or a toy or the long lines, I assume you won't mind if it tell them knock it off, right?
Go right ahead. It will actually be someone else's kid as I don't have any. Probably why kids (or anyone) peeing in the pool bothers me, and I get right out of hot tubs with diapered babies in them , so I suppose you could get even with me that way.

Oddly enough, noisy kids running around doesn't bother me. It's not my problem to deal with so I can ignore it for the most part.

I consulted my sister who does have kids says once you've changed a few diaper blowouts a little pee in a pool is no biggie and she'd just keep on swimming (ewwww!). She also said, however, that if someone caught her kids peeing in the pool and they asked them not to she wouldn't have a problem with them saying something to them, besides she herself being a bit embarrassed. She says, maybe next time they wouldn't pee in the pool!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #87
Sammie
DIS Veteran

As to how you handled it. .

The parent had the chance to make it right, and didn't.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #88
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMANSION LOVER View Post

I am so sick and tired of kids in the hot tubs. I'm sure I will get shredded for posting this but let's face it. Hot tubs are for the adults that have spent a long day walking in the parks and not for children who think it is fun. I can't even remember the number of times I was enjoying a nice soak in the hot tub, cold drink in hand, while my children were in the pool, enjoying quite time destroyed by a bunch of children who should not even be in a hot tub based on their age (medical professionals all agree hot tubs are not a good place for young children). Again, another case of lack of parental supervision.
I totally agree!! I was just thinking this before!
I too, have a nerve disorder, which makes getting kicked, or jumped on excruciatingly painful-yet parents don't supervise their kids jumping in the hot tub, & the previous poster is correct-it's not a good place for children according to Pediatric Dr.'s.
I don't even let my own kids get in the hot tub with me! I've let my DD who is a teen put her legs in & when others come to get in, I have her get out. It's for adults & as much as I love Disney & love kids-there needs to be one place that's quiet! Sorry!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 09-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #89
Eastern
DIS Veteran

I am sure that there are plenty of kids peeing in pools who don't announce it. I really don't think this is a solvable problem. I bet you some adults pee in the pools, too.

You have to trust that the chlorine level is good.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #90
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedDis View Post
You may want to avoid public pools if it is so disgusting to you because kids commonly pee in pools and even some adults do as well. I'm sure you never peed in a pool when you were young right? I don't agree with praising a child for doing so but I also don't believe in parenting other peoples children either. I think I would speak to a life guard to have rules enforced rather then speaking to a child or the grandfather who was not there at the time of the incident

Quote:

I agree that its not ok to pee in a pool. However, this is something that we cannot control in public pools. How can you? As a kid, yes im sure I pee'd in a pool. Imagine all the other kids who do it but dont say anything? And im sure there are some adults who pee in the pool as well. Imagine that!?

I honestly wouldnt approach strange kids and start scolding them about such things. I dont agree with that at all.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: