Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #61
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
Then I'm confused. Would you just allow the same child to come over and pee in the hot tub too? Are you, or anyone else, allowed to have a vacation free of being covered in the excretions of strangers?
I would have spoken to the adult that was with the child, rather than raising my voice to someone else's child.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #62
tarak
DIS Veteran

I think what the OP did and said was fine. I didn't get the impression that he was trying to embarrass or humiliate the child. He didn't want to be in the hot tub with a child who's urinating in the pool was condoned by a parent.

As for not correcting the children of others, sorry, but if your kid is acting like a jack wagon and you couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, I'm going to say something. At the very least, you might get off your cell phone and tell your kids to scream at the ducks elsewhere and not at the table where another family is trying to eat lunch.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #63
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMANSION LOVER View Post
Not to be foolish and perhaps endure your wrath but, I don't care what coast your from, after a long day at the parks to have a 5 year old swimming at 10:30 P.M. is questionable at best.
For your kids, maybe so. For mine, no. When our kids were small, they loved doing the E-nights at the Magic Kingdom, and we sometimes didn't get back to the room until 1AM or later. If we're out having fun as a family, and my kids are having a great time, why should you care how late they're up?

Nothing questionable about it, IMO.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #64
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I think what the OP did and said was fine. I didn't get the impression that he was trying to embarrass or humiliate the child. He didn't want to be in the hot tub with a child who's urinating in the pool was condoned by a parent.

As for not correcting the children of others, sorry, but if your kid is acting like a jack wagon and you couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, I'm going to say something. At the very least, you might get off your cell phone and tell your kids to scream at the ducks elsewhere and not at the table where another family is trying to eat lunch.
How about approaching the parent first?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #65
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMANSION LOVER View Post

Not to be foolish and perhaps endure your wrath but, I don't care what coast your from, after a long day at the parks to have a 5 year old swimming at 10:30 P.M. is questionable at best.
Again, you are being presumptive. How do you know the kid was at the parks that day? Maybe they just got to WDW that day. In the kids mind it could be 730.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #66
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
Again, you are being presumptive. How do you know the kid was at the parks that day? Maybe they just got to WDW that day. In the kids mind it could be 730.

At least now I know the parenting parameters...

Kid falls off third floor balcony because parents aren't paying attention - don't judge the parents, accidents happen

Kid stays up past 9:00 PM at WDW - judge the parents to be questionable and clueless
Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #67
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
How about approaching the parent first?
When the parent is ten feet away on a cell phone and the child is under my table screaming at wild life, I will ask the individual who is inches away to please move elsewhere because I'm trying to eat lunch with my family. Be honest, do you really think a parent who is allowing their child to act like a beast is going to say, "oh, thank you for pointing out how ill-behaved my child is! I'll be sure to correct him straight away." No, you're going to get the adult version of that kid.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #68
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
I agree with you too. Kids don't belong in hot tubs.
I thank you as well, thought I was being nasty. But when you consider how much more we pay to stay at deluxe so we can sit in a hot tub at the end of the day, the least we can expect is a little quite time while we sit and let our muscles TRY to recover from the days endless walking and standing in line. Will still always love our time WDW regardless

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #69
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When the parent is ten feet away on a cell phone and the child is under my table screaming at wild life, I will ask the individual who is inches away to please move elsewhere because I'm trying to eat lunch with my family. Be honest, do you really think a parent who is allowing their child to act like a beast is going to say, "oh, thank you for pointing out how ill-behaved my child is! I'll be sure to correct him straight away." No, you're going to get the adult version of that kid.
Actually, you have no idea what will happen. I'm with you on being sick of parents not making their kids behave, but I don't take it on the kids, I call out the parent(s).
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #70
Freezing Cold B
Mouseketeer

OP, you were spot on. I would've probably thrown a fit in the pool to be honest. But, you handled it much classier than I would've. I can not stand people who pee in the pool. Whether its a child or an adult, its never acceptable.

My homes away from home: Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Grand Californian

Me (27) DBF(29) DM DSD
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #71
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For your kids, maybe so. For mine, no. When our kids were small, they loved doing the E-nights at the Magic Kingdom, and we sometimes didn't get back to the room until 1AM or later. If we're out having fun as a family, and my kids are having a great time, why should you care how late they're up?

And outsiders have no way of knowing how you made this work for your family.

I have a friend who turned late EMH into a new day for her kids. They would get up early, eat breakfast, and hit rope drop or Am EMH if available. Then they ate lunch at around 11. After lunch,they headed back to their resort, and swam. By 2 Pm the shades are pulled and the whole family lays down to sleep. The kids are given cereal when they wake at around 6 or 7 pm. Then they head to the night time EMH park. The kids are refreshed, and they usually play the night away.

When they do this, they sleep in the next day, and usually hang out at their resort relaxing, maybe hitting an in park TS for dinner.

It works for them, and it's really nobody's business what time other people's kids go to bed, especially when they are on vacation!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #72
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, you have no idea what will happen. I'm with you on being sick of parents not making their kids behave, but I don't take it on the kids, I call out the parent(s).
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't consider telling a child politely but firmly that he/she needs to move away from my table is taking anything out on that child. I'm just trying to enjoy my meal with my kids. My vacation is just as important to me as it is to the mom who can't be bothered to parent her kids.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #73
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip

I would have spoken to the adult that was with the child, rather than raising my voice to someone else's child.
I think you presume too much. OP didn't say they raised their voice to said child, simply pointed out that they heard what the child said previously and that it wouldn't be acceptable in the hot tub. And I think OP also already established that the parents either condoned or accepted the child's behavior. Why waste your breath with them?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #74
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't consider telling a child politely but firmly that he/she needs to move away from my table is taking anything out on that child. I'm just trying to enjoy my meal with my kids. My vacation is just as important to me as it is to the mom who can't be bothered to parent her kids.
Yep we'll agree to disagree. I parent my own kids, not other people's kids.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #75
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And I totally agree with you on this. Who cares how late the child was up? Letting your kids stay up late while on vacation does not =bad parenting.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: