Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #46
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMANSION LOVER View Post
I am so sick and tired of kids in the hot tubs. I'm sure I will get shredded for posting this but let's face it. Hot tubs are for the adults that have spent a long day walking in the parks and not for children who think it is fun. I can't even remember the number of times I was enjoying a nice soak in the hot tub, cold drink in hand, while my children were in the pool, enjoying quite time destroyed by a bunch of children who should not even be in a hot tub based on their age (medical professionals all agree hot tubs are not a good place for young children). Again, another case of lack of parental supervision.
No flames from me..I agree with you.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #47
freckles04
DIS Veteran

OP, I think you handled it well. Who knows if the kid just drank a bunch of soda (would not surprise me if parents are letting the 5 year old swim at 10:30 at night, and laughing when he pees in the pool) and round 2 of pee-pee was coming up soon?? Good job on being assertive and nipping that in the bud.
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #48
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
We all have our views of what is right and what is wrong. And I am rather tired of people picking on people' s comments.

You might think it wrong to correct others people's kids but when I pull them over because of spending or seeing them take a leak on the side of the road which is illegal in the state of Virginia. And yes I am a police officer so if I have to make them squirm so be it. And you have the parents coming to cour saying my son or daughter would not take a leak on the side of street. This officer is just picking on my child. Duh I have you on camera smile !

Every one has the right to agree or disagree. Not be critized on their views.

Again my views. That it folks for me with this topic as it has gotten out of hand. MHO
Since the title of the thread included "What would you do?", I see no reason why people wouldn't comment. Disagreeing does not constitute picking on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and since the OP asked for them, I doubt there was an expectation that everyone would agree.

As a police officer, of course you will correct people that are breaking the law, although the tone of your comments just bolster my already low opinion of NOVA cops.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #49
si-am
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't have said anything, personally, but I'd applaud and support anyone who did!

As for hot tubs, they're kind of gross and I avoid them, children or not.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #50
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Ya know I was one of the first to respond but I missed a biggie.

5 year olds should NOT be up and swimming at 10:30!!!

Even on vacation I always followed an age appropriate bed time. These clueless parents are just that... Clueless.
Perhaps you feel YOUR kids shouldn't be up at that hour, but again, these aren't your kids.

Funny that parents that allow a 6 year old to fall off a third floor balcony can't be called clueless, but parents that allow a five year old to be up at 10:30 are considered so.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #51
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:

Even on vacation I always followed an age appropriate bed time. These clueless parents are just that... Clueless.
You got that right. When we are on property are children at that hour, oldest being 13, are always in the room and very close to, if not alraedy in bed. Very good point

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
Old 09-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #52
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Gee...that's pretty judgmental. How do you know that the family wasn't from the west coast? If they were this may be their way of keeping the child on schedule.

I'm from FL, but my kids were always too wound up to go straight to bed after returning from the parks. Night swimming always seemed to help them unwind and they typically fell right to sleep after a swim.

Last edited by mrzrich; 09-04-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #53
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

I'm amazed at the number of people that are sure they know what is best for other people's kids.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #54
BigAlsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
I'm amazed at the number of people that are sure they know what is best for other people's kids.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #55
cobright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Peeing in the pool, while gross, doesn't physically affect anyone. If it did, we would all be dead by now.

My point is, that IMO, no one has the right to correct someone else's child just because they don't like the behavior.
The kid's pee touches everyone in the pool. That is affecting them physically because a moment before they did not have the kid's pee on them and now they do. By this same logic a kid peeing into a bucket then diluting it with water and then dumping it on someone isn't really affecting that person physically.

Dropping dead is a pretty high standard to meet in terms of behavior that deserves a stern talking to.

It doesn't matter whether its a kid or an adult, I have the right to tell someone to stop peeing in my pool.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #56
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
No flames from me..I agree with you.
I'm glad someone agrees with me. Thought I was being a grinch

1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #57
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
The kid's pee touches everyone in the pool. That is affecting them physically because a moment before they did not have the kid's pee on them and now they do. By this same logic a kid peeing into a bucket then diluting it with water and then dumping it on someone isn't really affecting that person physically.

Dropping dead is a pretty high standard to meet in terms of behavior that deserves a stern talking to.

It doesn't matter whether its a kid or an adult, I have the right to tell someone to stop peeing in my pool.
Sweat touches everyone in the pool. That is affecting them physically because a moment before, they did not have the adult's sweat on them and now they do. Do you yell at adults that jump in the pool after sweating in the lounge chair for an hour? What a ridiculous statement.

And I didn't limit it to "dropping dead", but if that's interpretation, you're welcome to it.

Just where do you draw the line at correcting other people's children? If your child is being loud and obnoxious and giving me a headache, do I get to tell him to knock it off? I'm guessing not.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #58
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip

Saying something to someone else's child to prevent injury or death is one thing, and can't be compared to correcting the behavior of someone else's child just to embarrass them.

Bottom line, it isn't up to me to correct someone else's child just because I don't like the behavior, nor is it up to someone else to correct my child's behavior.
Then I'm confused. Would you just allow the same child to come over and pee in the hot tub too? Are you, or anyone else, allowed to have a vacation free of being covered in the excretions of strangers?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #59
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Not to be foolish and perhaps endure your wrath but, I don't care what coast your from, after a long day at the parks to have a 5 year old swimming at 10:30 P.M. is questionable at best.

1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #60
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMANSION LOVER View Post

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Thought I was being a grinch
I agree with you too. Kids don't belong in hot tubs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: