Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
mommy2mygirls
Mouseketeer

Question about online check in

I did online check in for our Poly stay on 9/13 -- 9days, single digit dance! Originally I had requested Tokelau for the longhouse, but with the potential construction, I was thinking about changing my request to the other side of the resort. I tried to change it on online check in, and all they would let me do was add another longhouse request, but not uncheck Tokelau. Does anyone know if there is a way to completely change your requests? If not, we'll just wait and see what happens. I'm trying not to worry too much about it. Hopefully where ever we end up we'll have a good room.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

You can just call the reserveration line and have them change it.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
bek
Mouseketeer

I was not able to find any CM who could undo my muddled online check-in room requests. The other day, I changed my booking category from Standard to Preferred and that did a re-set for room requests. There are some major glitches between My Disney Experience and the underlying resort reservations system. I seem to be unearthing a number of them

BTW last year, I was able to modify room requests after online check-in -- so some may say you can. This set-in-stone of online check-in is a recent development with the online check-in going through My Disney Experience. The only thing that I've been able to modify in online check-in is check-in and check-out times.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

That's odd. I had put in a different request when I booked. I called just last week and had my requests changed. Maybe call a different CM to see if they can help.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Is there a place when you do on-line check-in to put requests? I told them when I booked but wondered about on-line since everyone was talking about there requests....

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Is there a place when you do on-line check-in to put requests? I told them when I booked but wondered about on-line since everyone was talking about there requests....
Yes, there is a spot to make requests. However, they are predetermined and limited. There is no free form area to spell out your request. If you have added your requests to your reservation, you are all set and there is no need to make any requests during online check in. In fact, if you DO make any requests during online check in they will override any requests already made.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes, there is a spot to make requests. However, they are predetermined and limited. There is no free form area to spell out your request. If you have added your requests to your reservation, you are all set and there is no need to make any requests during online check in. In fact, if you DO make any requests during online check in they will override any requests already made.
THANKS.... Its getting close to that time just wondered....

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: