Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #196
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

I only saw the first part - family wanted to watch Sleepy Hollow. So, they don't vote off every week?

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #197
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Belle View Post
I only saw the first part - family wanted to watch Sleepy Hollow. So, they don't vote off every week?

Sorry, I had to run out to grab something to eat last nite. I forgot they were doing an elimination. Then when I got home Hostages, The Blacklist & Castle were on. I wanted to watch all three. And I forgot to check who got booted off, to post it.

GOING HOME:

Bill Nye & Tyne Stecklein

There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #198
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Valerie was awful. You could tell she forgot some of the steps and Tristan was moving her around with his arms into the right places.
But could any pro be more fabulous with her? Gosh I love Tristan. He is so compassionate and understanding. I just love him.

I agree with Bill Nye going home. I really enjoy him, but with his injury, he doesn't need to stick around. He won't be able to dance and if it attempts to dance, he runs the risk of really injuring himself. Did anyone else notice, though, that when they announced the three in jeopardy, it looked like Bill was trying to get Tom's attention? I was wondering if he was trying to say that he was going to drop out.

I wasn't a big fan of Derek and Amber's Charleston. I'm not sure if it was the music or what, but it just left something to be desired. It was a good enough dance, but there were so many moments when they got away from the Charleston and I'm just not a big fan of that.

I am ready for Snookie to be gone. If I had to pick someone to go next, she would easily be it. I find Val and Elizabeth and Karina and Corbin to be easily forgettable, too, which seems odd.

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #199
robinb
DIS Veteran

I really, really, REALLY hate to say this ... Christina and Mark are one of my favorites. Even with Mark in clown face . His quirky choreography is really working this season.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #200
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

I did see Bill trying to raise/wave his hand at the end- you could be right about him wanting to volunteer to leave, though it didn't occur to me at the time.

Yes, Tristan is the best! He does great with the older ladies, but let's just see once DWTS, please, I bet he would do great with a young partner too!

I liked Derek and Amber's dance just because it looked neat and I liked her dress.

I didn't like Christina's bra outfit.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD12

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #201
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

I saw Bill Nye trying to get Tom's attention and I thought it was a setup, that he was going to bow out, but then no one responded to him and he got voted off anyways. Thankfully, I didn't like him.

I would love to see them give Tristan the ringer next time around, I think he's earned it.

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
October 2014 DCL 1/31 to 2/6, 2015?
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #202
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed last night, and Bill E and Christina were my favorites.

I was really, really worried for the last three. I didn't think there was any way Bill Nye was getting voted off, but color me surprised. It makes me wonder if Brant and Christina aren't getting the votes they need?

Amber and Derek's dance didn't hold my attention.

I actually really enjoyed Snooki and Sasha.

Elizabeth's eyes freak me out, too!

Poor Valerie. I love her, but I'd rather see the others dance.

I'm not really feeling Jack. The first two weeks I was meh, but last night sealed it for me. He's just not great to me. Cheryl though, looks amazing this season! Short hair is really her look.

Brant seems too...I don't know, controlled or something. Like he won't really let loose. And Peta annoys the ever loving heck out of me. I wish I could have seen what Sharna could have done with Brant. I think he would have been a lot better.

I really loved the opening number by the pros. It was fabulous.

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #203
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTink View Post
I agree it's strange. But I guess it's not feasible to eliminate based on the real time voting.
They are using the audience votes and judges votes from the previous week plus the judges votes from this week. I really don't think that will change the results, about the only couple that moved up this week was Bill E. & Emma, I don't think the judges votes would have saved them if the audience vote wasn't there already.

I did like how quick the elimination went this week, it just shows what a waste of time the hour elimination show was, I just wonder how they will do when they get to the finals.

I think it is Valeries time to go, last night I just felt bad for her. Sure she is brave but last night was just sad.

I've been voting for Bill E. because he entertains me, haven't really found anyone else I like that much. I also don't get the Snookie hate on this board, I thought she did a very nice dance last night. Unlike the Situation, she is working hard to do a good dance. I never watched The Jersery Shore but it was hard to ignore all the cast since they were all over the TV. It seems to me that Snookie has changed since she became a mother so I'm open to giving her a chance.
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #204
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

Jack drives me crazy because I can just see him counting in his head (not to mention constantly looking down). I understand he has a chronic health condition, but he doesn't feel able to keep the steps in his mind.

I felt the judges were pretty harsh with Amber last night, but they are right, her legs are not as quick and sharp as her upper body. I'm a big gal, too, so I'm not judging her body size, but I wonder if she makes it a long ways if she'll lose weight (like so many of them do) and if this will help out this problem.

And, while I like Bill (he reminds me so much of my dad), I couldn't believe the love they gave the Lone Ranger number. If it wouldn't have been billed as a paso doble, maybe, but that was unlike any p.d. I've ever seen!

I really do like this show, and now am hoping to see Nina Dobrev (from Vampire Diaries) in the audience since she's supposedly dating Derek!

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #205
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
I enjoyed last night, and Bill E and Christina were my favorites.

I was really, really worried for the last three. I didn't think there was any way Bill Nye was getting voted off, but color me surprised. It makes me wonder if Brant and Christina aren't getting the votes they need?

Amber and Derek's dance didn't hold my attention.

I actually really enjoyed Snooki and Sasha.

Elizabeth's eyes freak me out, too!

Poor Valerie. I love her, but I'd rather see the others dance.

I'm not really feeling Jack. The first two weeks I was meh, but last night sealed it for me. He's just not great to me. Cheryl though, looks amazing this season! Short hair is really her look.

Brant seems too...I don't know, controlled or something. Like he won't really let loose. And Peta annoys the ever loving heck out of me. I wish I could have seen what Sharna could have done with Brant. I think he would have been a lot better.

I really loved the opening number by the pros. It was fabulous.
I agree with most of your views of the teams. I like Corbin, Amber and Christina (although not a fan of Mark, and didn't like her "outfit" last night) probably the most.

I also kinda like Brant, Bill and Snookie.

I really want to like Leah, and I don't mind her, but she's nowhere near my top...yet.

Elizabeth's eyes are just very odd and distract me from actually watching/enjoying the dancing.

I'm not a fan of Jack, never was and still not. It doesn't help that I really don't like his family (mom sister etc.) either, so I'm sure that leaves a bad taste in my mouth while watching him.

I didn't like Bill, and I really hope Valerie goes next. Don't get me wrong, I certainly admire her, but the whole situation is just sad and it is getting so uncomfortable watching her each week. She (and really Bill was right there with her) is just really not even doing the dances, and I feel like it puts the judges and the other contestants in really tough spot. I think she's a great person, and certainly has a great and very brave attitude about life, but I don't feel like she belongs on this show.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #206
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
I'm not a fan of Jack, never was and still not. It doesn't help that I really don't like his family (mom sister etc.) either, so I'm sure that leaves a bad taste in my mouth while watching him.
OMG. I was when they were trying to interview Ozzie last night.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #207
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I don't know what happened with Elizabeth Berkley. I was a huge Saved By the Bell fan growing up (still watch it from time to time early in the morning) and Elizabeth's eyes didn't look like they do now. This was her when she was on SBTB:

When you compare that to now:

you can tell her eyes are different. And that doesn't look plastic surgery different, either. I don't know what's going on.

For the life of me, I cannot pinpoint what I can't stand about Snookie. I get annoyed every time she opens her mouth. My current favorites are Bill Engvall, Amber, Leah, and Valerie. I can take or leave Corbin, Elizabeth, and Christina. I wouldn't be sad to see Jack or Brant go. I'm ready for Snookie to leave this week, though. Doubt that she will be the one to leave, though. And really, I think I would like Brant except that Peta grates my last nerve. If he had to have an Ausie, why not Sharna or Kym?

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #208
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
Were they the BOTTOM three or simply the LAST three? It makes a difference. Usually I make note of it and put it in the post when I'm watching. If they are not the BOTTOM three or BOTTOM two, Brooke or Tom will usually say, "These two are the LAST two, and not necessarily the BOTTOM two, at the bottom of the Leader Board."

If they are the LAST two or three, then the other two couples are just picked for suspense & drama.

I do like how they've tightened up the show to get everything in, in the two hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopermom View Post
I felt the judges were pretty harsh with Amber last night, but they are right, her legs are not as quick and sharp as her upper body. I'm a big gal, too, so I'm not judging her body size, but I wonder if she makes it a long ways if she'll lose weight (like so many of them do) and if this will help out this problem.
It could be she just didn't have enough time to practice. She had a lot on her plate with Glee & recording her own CD.

Quote:
And, while I like Bill (he reminds me so much of my dad), I couldn't believe the love they gave the Lone Ranger number. If it wouldn't have been billed as a paso doble, maybe, but that was unlike any p.d. I've ever seen!
EXACTLY!!! Thank You! I thought the same thing. He was very entertaining, but there was very little paso at all in that paso doble. That would have been great as just a free style dance. And Emma pulled a "Mark Ballas," doing three times the amount of moves to distract & hide what Bill wasn't doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I don't know what happened with Elizabeth Berkley. I was a huge Saved By the Bell fan growing up (still watch it from time to time early in the morning) and Elizabeth's eyes didn't look like they do now. This was her when she was on SBTB: . .
you can tell her eyes are different. And that doesn't look plastic surgery different, either. I don't know what's going on.
Maybe she's got that eye condition where someone opens their eyes overly-wide. I remember some news article about a runaway bride showed all her pics with those pop-out eyes. And people mentioned it is a condition.

Or maybe, Elizabeth had Lasik surgery gone bad? One of her eyes doesn't look like it's focusing right anymore.

Quote:
For the life of me, I cannot pinpoint what I can't stand about Snookie. I get annoyed every time she opens her mouth. [. . .]

I'm ready for Snookie to leave this week, though. Doubt that she will be the one to leave, though.
She may have cleaned up her act, but she just always seems so skanky to me. I never watched the Jersey Shore. But, one time I was flipping channels, and she came home after drinking and fell into bed with one or two guys. Last week, she was acting all prissy about Sasha touching her, as she wants to reserve herself for her boyfriend. Give me a break!
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #209
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Were they the BOTTOM three or simply the LAST three? It makes a difference. Usually I make note of it and put it in the post when I'm watching. If they are not the BOTTOM three or BOTTOM two, Brooke or Tom will usually say, "These two are the LAST two, and not necessarily the BOTTOM two, at the bottom of the Leader Board."

I seriously doubt those 3 were the bottom 3. When Tom started calling names, the first 2 couples were "Brant & Peta; Christina & Mark......" So when Tom added "Bill & Tyne", my first impulse was that he was safe again! The next words out of Tom's mouth were "you 3 couples are in jeopardy"! Quickly, he added that Brant & Peta were "safe"; then the remaining 2 couples - "though not necessarily the bottom 2....... one of these couples did have the lowest combined score and therefore is leaving us............. Bill & Tyne"

I also think Bill was trying to catch someone's attention to pull out of the competition. It's pretty obvious that, unless he could dance the robot each week, he wouldn't be able to dance anytime in the near future.

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #210
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
October 2014 DCL 1/31 to 2/6, 2015?
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: