DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
krazy4crusing
Zippadeedodah!

Use month?

What does "use month" mean? If I wanted to travel during March each year is this when I should have my "use month". Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't understand what month I should be looking at for my purchase.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4crusing View Post
What does "use month" mean? If I wanted to travel during March each year is this when I should have my "use month". Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't understand what month I should be looking at for my purchase.

Thanks!
Actually it's "use year". A February "use year" would mean your allotted points are good from February 1 to January 31. You cannot bank points in the last 4 months of your use year. So with a February use year, you have to bank by September 30. Typically you want a use year that is on or before your usual time of travel. So if you always go in March, February or March would be best.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4crusing View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Actually it's "use year". A February "use year" would mean your allotted points are good from February 1 to January 31. You cannot bank points in the last 4 months of your use year. So with a February use year, you have to bank by September 30. Typically you want a use year that is on or before your usual time of travel. So if you always go in March, February or March would be best.
Agree with DebbieB. And if you decide Dec is your preferred time, you don't want a Feb or Mar UY. If you have to cancel a Dec vacation, you only have until the end of January or February to rebook and not lose your points.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: