Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Our last 3-4 stays we used on line check in and didn't really see additional speed to the process at all...CM still goes over lay out, amenities, verifies identities, credit card on file... no different than regular check in.... only reason we use it, we like arriving very early and hope our room would be ready, but that hasn't been the case, so we feel its all the same either way ...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Actually, I think the advise is right on. If you do online check in, everything is done. It is supposed to be quick. Pick up your stuff and go. If you have requests there is a chance they may not be met. If you are worried about that, then you need to do normal check in so that the CM can spend the time trying to get you the requests. Online check in desk is NOT the place to be doing that. It is supposed to be faster and you would be holding up the line.
I can only state my experience.. perhaps I have been lucky I was in & out of there in minutes not holding up anything

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Nope...I've had the same experience....twice! I have done online check-in both in 2009 and 2011. We always arrive early (9am) and, both times, our room was ready.

That's why I prefer online check-in, because we arrive early and want to put our stuff away before we head to DTD or relax at the pool.

As for a confirmation, I don't think I ever got one. Just completed the steps and then awaited our arrival day.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Just to follow up with you I had done on-line checkin like I said & I had 2 requests: early room ready for check in & a particular bldg Well I was fully settled into my room in the bldg I wanted, with a breakfast to go from the food court all by 8:25 AM Only needed minutes at the front desk May it go as well for you I will ALWAYS do on-line check in in the future
Is it weird that I tried to click a like button on this? ... ... LOL

Thanks. I guess I need to just find out for myself! Either way it's so exciting to try new things! I even started to get myself pumped for MagicBands which I used to be on the fence about. Thanks for the advice!

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: