Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

hmmm, I would think that a US Keyboard would be an attractive selling point to any North Americans working in England! Hows your keyboard differ from ours? I'd google it but then we couldn't learn the good old fashioned way!

Click here to see more from TkO Digital Imaging on Facebook

"Lightbulbs die my dear, I will depart!" As said by Mr. Magorium
Daisy14'sDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #32
superdisneydork
Mouseketeer

Also, there is a high likelihood that the netbook, like many portable computers over here, have universal voltage inputs, I know all of my gizmos do, all I need is the right cord to go to the outlet, or an adapter and my stuff works anywhere.

Matt
superdisneydork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Well here is one in case anyone else is interested. (I'm not positive it's the one I saw in the store as I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. They were having a lot of back to school specials at the time.)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Iron-...ystem/24766512

OP there is also a small hand-held device available as well, but it might cost more. I suppose it's possible prices have come down on those, too, though. Before the smartphone, it made more sense to buy the netbook because it gave you internet access on vacation whereas this was solely to dump pictures into. Funny how things have changed so much in just a few years.

ETA I guess these small devices have changes as well as they now seem to be data capable. As such, thbough, they seem now to be more expensive then they were before. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Po...9/N/4083163867

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #34
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

I just today saw a camera connector kit for the iPad for about 30 dollars. Looks like you can connect any USB like a card reader & it says you can even download raw images. I checked my space on my iPad & it seems feasible to clean it out so you'd have enough space. I may research this on my own for backup purposes. I would never download my cards just to the iPad & then clear them, but for backing up while traveling it could be a nice option.

Last edited by fabulousfive; 09-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #35
PoohLover78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy14'sDH View Post
hmmm, I would think that a US Keyboard would be an attractive selling point to any North Americans working in England! Hows your keyboard differ from ours? I'd google it but then we couldn't learn the good old fashioned way!
Except I'm not British we have special characters like , , , that are simply non-existent on an English keyboard layout. You can switch the internal layout, but then what's on the keys won't correspond anymore to what's printed on screen. Plus, a couple letters will be non existent because we have a couple more extra keys on a keyboard.

I have since found a cheap SD adapter on eBay that I've bought. I'll check out how that one works when it gets here.
1982 WDW POR - 1985 WDW CR - 1992 DLP Cheyenne - 1995 DLP Sequoia Lodge - 1997 WDW AS Sports - 1999 DLP Newport Bay - 2001 DL off site - 2003 DL off site - 2004 WDW off site - 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge - 2009 WDW POP - 2010 DLP Cheyenne - 2011 WDW AS Movies - 2012 DLP Cheyenne - 2013 WDW off site
PoohLover78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #36
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

My kybrd llws mē t tch nd hld sm lęttėrs t sh vrūs ptįōns. See what I can find? is this a possibility? Maybe not on a netbook. Dunno, but I recently discovered it on a couple different devices so maybe what you are looking at as well

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011
Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean May 2013
Sapphire Princess California Coastal January 2014
MAJPLO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: