Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #16
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
Don't worry. Disney has already said that you won't have to stay onsite to get FP+ and/or Magicbands.

I could imagine a perk in the future where onsite guests might get a bonus FP+ or something like that, but nothing extreme. They could pull a Universal and make offsite guests pay $30/day for the privilege, but don't count on it.
Actually paying extra when we stay offsite wouldn't really bother me. We stay onsite as often as offsite and I just want to have access in any case even if we have to pay more.

We visit Universal and don't have much trouble seeing what we wish to without Express. I don't think that it would be quite so easy at some attractions at WDW.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #17
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I certainly hope not. We're staying off-site for this trip, but we're AP holders who visit twice each year. They're due for renewal on October 27th but if by some chance this information is correct, I will not be renewing!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
jkatzz
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't believe it, I thought I read somewhere that they are working out plans on what do about individuals who don't pre plan and that they would have some type of fast pass like item for them that would be like fast pass + but not booked till you get there. I don't think the story above makes and sense as people are not all planners.
Oct 13' - WDW Pop
May 13'- Disney Fantasy
Oct 12' - WDW AOA
April 11' - WDW 1 day while on NCL Cruise
Jan 10' - WDW Pop

Keep up with me at:
http://mamabearsmusings.weebly.com/
jkatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

There is one small change I saw during my visit the last 2 weeks.

At least one attraction had regular fastpass removed, and replaced with fastpass+ only - that was Voyage of the Little Mermaid in HS. I was slightly annoyed to have no ability to fastpass that since I was not in MagicBand testing.

This had the effect to boost the standby line to a potential 2 show wait (40 minutes) and 30 minutes was typical. We were the last few admitted after a one show wait.

Other attractions have been remodelled to Fastpass+ and had their original fastpass machines relocated. For example, Pooh and Voyage of the Little Mermaid both have traditional fastpass machines in front of Philharmagic instead of near the attractions themselves. And it sure seemed to me that people did not bother to walk over there and use them as the Fastpass return times remained one hour out the whole time I was there - and walk on with fastpass while standby times grew.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
The article is so inaccurate it's funny. They will absolutely NOT end FP until FP+ and Magicbands are 100% rolled out and running smoothly (which includes off-site guests and AP holders). And that will not happen by September/October. Maybe not even by the end of the year.

So never
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
So never
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
Dannek
So many roads to ease my soul...

The article obviously neglected to include "2014" after the September part...
Dannek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
Darkwing981
Mouseketeer

So regular FP is safe correct?
Darkwing981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #24
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
There is one small change I saw during my visit the last 2 weeks. At least one attraction had regular fastpass removed, and replaced with fastpass+ only - that was Voyage of the Little Mermaid in HS. I was slightly annoyed to have no ability to fastpass that since I was not in MagicBand testing. This had the effect to boost the standby line to a potential 2 show wait (40 minutes) and 30 minutes was typical. We were the last few admitted after a one show wait. Other attractions have been remodelled to Fastpass+ and had their original fastpass machines relocated. For example, Pooh and Voyage of the Little Mermaid both have traditional fastpass machines in front of Philharmagic instead of near the attractions themselves. And it sure seemed to me that people did not bother to walk over there and use them as the Fastpass return times remained one hour out the whole time I was there - and walk on with fastpass while standby times grew.
I think Pooh and Voyage's FP machines have always been over by Philharmagic
Old 09-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
mbake2
Earning My Ears

That is curious what was said about voyage of the little mermaid at HS. That was an option on my FP+ account but now it is gone. Do you guys think they are not doing fP for that at all?
mbake2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: