Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Ca-Ching!$!$$!! 5 people in March

Well looking to plan a trip for DH, myself, DS17 and two of his friends in March. Yikes!!! Priced all kinds of things and with out air yet we are looking at $4000.00 plus for 6 nights. Of coarse are are trying to go the best price but still have fun. Best logical answer, FW cabins, but inter bus transportation and the size of resort make us not like it to well. AOA or ASM are options but IF we would get FD, they are value and we have to do an upgrade. POR would be super tight and FW or AKL don't take 5...any other options I have not thought of?? Off property is not an option either...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
stacy6552
Keep to the code!

Look into renting DVC points and staying in a 2 bdrm. You'll want the space. Its less expensive then rack rates.

Last I heard, AAA members get 25% off FW cabins. So join AAA and rent a car if you want.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

I personally think people make way too big a deal about the internal buses at FW. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for one. The bus stops are covered and have benches. Also figuring in the full kitchen could save you money on breakfasts etc. We love FW.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

You could also rent DVC points for a 1 bedroom at AKV, BLT or OKW. All of these 1 bedrooms sleep 5. You could put the boys in the living area and you could have the master bedroom. OKW requires the least amount of points, but also only has 1 bathroom. The other 2 resorts have 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Not sure of your exact dates, but OKW has 1BR villas available in March, and it would be worth a try to see if you could get the 25% AAA discount.

If so, it would come out to $62.50/night more than AoA suites, which could easily be made up by having simple breakfasts in your room. Full kitchen, more space, etc.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
catra121
DIS Veteran

What about 2 value rooms? They are cheaper than a suite and at that age you could probably trust them to be in their own room at Disney World. You can request connecting rooms. They are not guaranteed but since you have 3 minors with you they will do their best to grant the request.

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy6552 View Post
Look into renting DVC points and staying in a 2 bdrm. You'll want the space. Its less expensive then rack rates.

Last I heard, AAA members get 25% off FW cabins. So join AAA and rent a car if you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
You could also rent DVC points for a 1 bedroom at AKV, BLT or OKW. All of these 1 bedrooms sleep 5. You could put the boys in the living area and you could have the master bedroom. OKW requires the least amount of points, but also only has 1 bathroom. The other 2 resorts have 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom.
We are hoping to get he dining plan and I know you can't do that with DVC. So we are exploring options at resorts that we can do the DP...so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
Not sure of your exact dates, but OKW has 1BR villas available in March, and it would be worth a try to see if you could get the 25% AAA discount.

If so, it would come out to $62.50/night more than AoA suites, which could easily be made up by having simple breakfasts in your room. Full kitchen, more space, etc.
Space sounds nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
What about 2 value rooms? They are cheaper than a suite and at that age you could probably trust them to be in their own room at Disney World. You can request connecting rooms. They are not guaranteed but since you have 3 minors with you they will do their best to grant the request.
Two value rooms may be an option. I need to price it. Then we could just pay the dining upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
I personally think people make way too big a deal about the internal buses at FW. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for one. The bus stops are covered and have benches. Also figuring in the full kitchen could save you money on breakfasts etc. We love FW.
This really sounds like a good plan but the guys are not sold on it. Is it forever to get to the pool and for the boys to get Cokes and snacks?? It seems like if your close to the pool your far from the busses...more walking and waiting or not so?? It just looks so spread out.

Last edited by mouselovenfamily; 09-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.
mouselovenfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
kayladan04
Mouseketeer

I thought you could add dining plan to DVC. Maybe I'm wrong?? For some reason I thought I read once that you could add it and not even have to buy tickets like you would with a regular reservation.

20+ trips during my childhood ~1 trip during my dh's childhood ~2004 Honeymoon at Port Orleans~2005 POP x 3~2006 POP~2007 POP and All Star Sports~2008 Pop and AKL~2009 Pop and Disney Wonder~2010 CBR~2011 Disney Dream~2012 POP~May 11-16 CBR, May 16 DREAM
kayladan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
jake&samsmom
Jordan's Mom too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayladan04 View Post
I thought you could add dining plan to DVC. Maybe I'm wrong?? For some reason I thought I read once that you could add it and not even have to buy tickets like you would with a regular reservation.
Yes, DVC reservations are eligible to purchase the DDP, and you are not required to buy park tickets
Salonga with it.

It must be paid in full when added to the reservation and must be added at least 48 hours before check in at the dvc resort.

Oct. '07 Photo Trip Report: My 6 and 4 year-old park commandos -- How we conquered the World!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628926
July 2008 Photo Trip Report: They Tried to Make Me Go To Rehab, But I Said No, No, No!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post26362581

jake&samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: