Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Riothecat
Mouseketeer

Smile Advice please, CBR vs CSR??? :-)

Hi, I need some advice, I was about to book SSR with free dining for my husband and lo (will be 17 months when we go), and then have found either the CBR or CSR (with QS dining plan) for £660 (about $450) cheaper. This leaves me with the problem of which one would be best for us??

I would like a nice pool with kids splash and pool area and park for lo, but would like to be near the main area also...we have stayed at CBR before, but was nearly 10 years ago now.

Any help/advice on which one to book would be much appreciated! Many thanks in advance
1991 WDW 1st trip - Offsite-1993 Disneyland, California - Pan Pacific-1997 Disneyland Paris - DCR-1999 WDW - Offsite-2004 WDW - Caribbean Beach-2006 WDW - Pop Century2007 WDW - Pop Century (Jan & Sept)-2008 Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge (Hen Trip!)-2009 1st Disney Cruise - Magic West Caribbean & WDW - Port Orleans (Honeymoon)-2010 DCL - Magic East Caribbean & WDW - Pop Century (Jan), DCL - Magic Barcelona to Dover (June), DCL - Magic Med (Sept) - 2011 DCL Magic Med (June), 2011 WDW -Pop Century (Sept), 2013 DCL Magic Med (June)

Riothecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riothecat
Hi, I need some advice, I was about to book SSR with free dining for my husband and lo (will be 17 months when we go), and then have found either the CBR or CSR (with QS dining plan) for £660 (about $450) cheaper. This leaves me with the problem of which one would be best for us??

I would like a nice pool with kids splash and pool area and park for lo, but would like to be near the main area also...we have stayed at CBR before, but was nearly 10 years ago now.

Any help/advice on which one to book would be much appreciated! Many thanks in advance
I vote CSR, and for one reason: Queen size beds. My partner and I don't fit in a double, even if we did I would prefer a Queen bed.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Both are nice but more people seem to like CSR over CBR. I think that my choice would be for CSR, if only for the larger beds as PP noted. In either case, I suggest paying the extra $$ for a preferred room, if available.

if you don't want to pay extra for preferred, then request jamaica (short walk over bridge to main area) in CBR or Cabanas or Casitas in CSR. Casitas 4 is nice and close to Bus stop 2. Cabanas 9B is great, but I think that it is business/preferred now. We stayed in 8B and in Casitas 4 and liked Casitas 4 best.

Be aware that the pirate rooms in CBR are fairly remote.

Look at some pictures online and see which resort theme appeals to you more.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

I agree with some of the previous posters. I would go with CSR. Both resorts are wonderful but if you are going for several nights the queen beds are much nicer. They both have nice pools and kids areas. It is just nice not having to sleep really close like that. I know we all love our families but space always makes me happier!!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

This is just my opinion (and any of these resorts will yield a nice stay). We just stayed at CBR and the rooms are in need of refurbishments as they are showing wear. I think they are slated to be refurbished very soon, though I'm not positive. We had a great stay at CBR, but the rooms are worn. As for the pool, I think you will love it. They have a separate water play area that is pirate themed and denies kids too tall. My 8 year old son was denied access, and really wanted to go in. The main pool (which is in the same location as the toddler play pool) has a zero entry access and VERY GRADUALLY deepens, so you'll have lots of pool area for you and your 17 month old to enjoy. If you stay here I strongly suggest a preferred room. They are not much more, but it will put you with about a 2 minute walk from your room to the pool and food court/main building. We like Trinidad North Building 31. If you don't book a preferred room you might find yourself too far from the main building to walk, and will need to take the bus service that circles the resort. This resort transportation bus comes by often, but I just would rather be close to things.

My favorite moderate is CSR, and if you stay there I suggest you book a business class room because you'll know exactly where you will be (there is only one business class building, and it is in a great location). Also, you'll get a lounge in that building with drinks and snacks, and that will make things a lot easier consider you'll have a 2ish year old. Now, I haven't stayed at business class as they started offering this to non-convention people just recently. But I believe booking business class is only s few dollars (something like $30 more per night) more than preferred location room. And this, (like CBR) is a very large resort. You could end up in a location very far from the pool and main building/food.

I have never stayed at SSR (or any Vacation Club) so I can't speak on that.

May I suggest looking into contemporary resort as I'll guess you'll want to spend much time at Magic Kingdom, and this is the only resort you can walk to the Magic Kingdom from, and their least expensive rooms might be comparable to SSR you have booked at the moment. Very magical being on the MK monorail loop, and it provides easy access to all the character meals within the loop. And if you get the dining plan you'll want to book all those character meals.

Have fun with your 17 month old (very precious years).
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

CSR for the better beds and rooms altogether.

Katie
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

CSR! Our favorite mod!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Is your SSR reservation with regular DDP instead of QS? If so, I don't think I would downgrade resorts and dining for just $450, but that's just me. As to the question, we much prefer CSR over CBR.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
Riothecat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Is your SSR reservation with regular DDP instead of QS? If so, I don't think I would downgrade resorts and dining for just $450, but that's just me. As to the question, we much prefer CSR over CBR.
SSR is with DDP and CSR with QS, I would love to stay in a Deluxe resort as we have only ever done value or moderate, but I don't think we can justify the difference in price, £660 is such a lot of money and would cover our tickets leaving over £150 spare. We like to eat at Rainforest Cafe and other restaurants not on the DDP, so I think not being on it would free us up to do this.

I think we will be going for CSR after all the votes for it. Thanks for everyone's help, we will have to start looking at tips for staying there
1991 WDW 1st trip - Offsite-1993 Disneyland, California - Pan Pacific-1997 Disneyland Paris - DCR-1999 WDW - Offsite-2004 WDW - Caribbean Beach-2006 WDW - Pop Century2007 WDW - Pop Century (Jan & Sept)-2008 Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge (Hen Trip!)-2009 1st Disney Cruise - Magic West Caribbean & WDW - Port Orleans (Honeymoon)-2010 DCL - Magic East Caribbean & WDW - Pop Century (Jan), DCL - Magic Barcelona to Dover (June), DCL - Magic Med (Sept) - 2011 DCL Magic Med (June), 2011 WDW -Pop Century (Sept), 2013 DCL Magic Med (June)

Old 09-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
Riothecat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
I must have been tired when I wrote that (I blame baby brain!) I meant nearly $1,000 not $450!! Bit of a difference there, which is why I don't think it is worth it

Old 09-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
stephaknee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riothecat View Post
SSR is with DDP and CSR with QS, I would love to stay in a Deluxe resort as we have only ever done value or moderate, but I don't think we can justify the difference in price, £660 is such a lot of money and would cover our tickets leaving over £150 spare. We like to eat at Rainforest Cafe and other restaurants not on the DDP, so I think not being on it would free us up to do this.

I think we will be going for CSR after all the votes for it. Thanks for everyone's help, we will have to start looking at tips for staying there
I just came back from Disney, and the Rainforest Cafe does accept the DDP.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riothecat View Post

I must have been tired when I wrote that (I blame baby brain!) I meant nearly $1,000 not $450!! Bit of a difference there, which is why I don't think it is worth it
Yes, that is a MUCH bigger savings!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: