DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
3). As for the dining plan, not really sure what to tell you here. It has always been this way. Must be booked for the entire party for the length of stay.
There was a brief window back a year or a bit more ago where it actually could be done, to book the DP for parts of your stay. It was done by allowing us to split up our stays into separate chunks; so you had it for this chunk but not that, etc.

That ended relatively quickly.

Now we can still have the dining plan for parts of a trip, but you have to move rooms because you have to change room types. I could have a 2 week stay at OKW and go back and forth between the dining plan 7 times, but I would have to keep moving rooms, and not just rooms but different categories of rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I don't think they expected members to switch on and off multiple times during a stay.
I think most of us could have told them exactly what would happen ahead of time, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
Never, ever could children have DP and the parents, unless they were in a different room with different adults that didn't have the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by networktek View Post
i find with the DVC sales people not all of them are up to date with all the latest information on our last cruise we sat in on the DVC presentation and were told that Canadian's can have the option to pay the annual dues monthly when we got back home and called members to have our dues changed they told us that Canadian's are not allowed to pay monthly only option is to pay in full.
I thought that you could do it IF you had a US-based bank account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
DVC sales personnel usually don't tell blatant lies, but it does happen occasionally. Given the pattern of inconsistencies and the whopper about the recorder/pager, it's pretty clear to me the guide was lying.
I totally agree.

I could see how some of those things could be miscommunications with "blame" put on both parties at once, but that recorder thing really says something. Hard for the OP to misunderstand that, and since that happened, it makes me think that the problems were more on the part of the guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Perhaps there should be an exemption for timeshare sales presentations.
I agree!!!!!

OP, at the very least you need to switch guides. This will only mean something if you buy in the future, but if you talk to them about what happened (start with the recorder thing...it gives a whole different slant to the experience) so they know *why* you are switching, it might help them. Maybe this guy has had 9 complaints and they just need one more to do something about it, and you can be the 10th? (not that I know anything of their discipline processes, I'm making that up, but it's the idea I'm putting forth)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
mmdisneylover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eewillison View Post
In 2012, my wife and I purchased 125 points at Animal Kingdom. Our DVC Sales guy, Joe (last name started with 't' but I can't pronounce or fully remember it) told us a few things that now Disney is saying aren't true. First, he told us that by buying into the program, we would get Florida resident rates for the purchase of park passes. But when we checked about park passes for our upcoming trip, we were told that while we could get annual passes at a slight discount, we could not get the Florida resident passes such as the annual weekday passes or the rate for actual Florida residents.

Second, he told us that there was a great deal of flexibility in the meal plans for DVC members since they had their own kitchens, thus we could buy meal plans for just some of the days we were there, and just for the kids if we wanted, with the adults paying as they went. Now Disney is telling us that the rule is that you must buy a meal plan for every person for every day you will be at Disney.

Lastly, he told us that we could trust what he was saying because he was wearing a voice recorder. He held up a black object attached to a lanyard around his neck with a glowing red light on it. I have a similar sized device at home with a mini USB port and I thought that was a great idea to record everything that got said so that there would be no mistake about things. We did not read the contract quite as closely as we should for wording that would back up the above claims because of this. But when I mentioned this to the DVC people when we were disputing what was said, the DVC people told me that this was just a pager system for the child care people to get in touch with the sales associate in case something was going on with the kids.

We have gone to Disney in each of the last four years and I have never had a problem with them until now. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?
Our dvc guy was great and no pressure sales tatics really was nice. We didn't have them tell us anything that wasn't true. Sorry hopefully this person was addressed to by dvc since he should be on your paper work as your representative. You won't no but hopefully he gets talked too.
mmdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eewillison View Post
In 2012, my wife and I purchased 125 points at Animal Kingdom. Our DVC Sales guy, Joe (last name started with 't' but I can't pronounce or fully remember it) told us a few things that now Disney is saying aren't true. First, he told us that by buying into the program, we would get Florida resident rates for the purchase of park passes. But when we checked about park passes for our upcoming trip, we were told that while we could get annual passes at a slight discount, we could not get the Florida resident passes such as the annual weekday passes or the rate for actual Florida residents.

Second, he told us that there was a great deal of flexibility in the meal plans for DVC members since they had their own kitchens, thus we could buy meal plans for just some of the days we were there, and just for the kids if we wanted, with the adults paying as they went. Now Disney is telling us that the rule is that you must buy a meal plan for every person for every day you will be at Disney.

Lastly, he told us that we could trust what he was saying because he was wearing a voice recorder. He held up a black object attached to a lanyard around his neck with a glowing red light on it. I have a similar sized device at home with a mini USB port and I thought that was a great idea to record everything that got said so that there would be no mistake about things. We did not read the contract quite as closely as we should for wording that would back up the above claims because of this. But when I mentioned this to the DVC people when we were disputing what was said, the DVC people told me that this was just a pager system for the child care people to get in touch with the sales associate in case something was going on with the kids.

We have gone to Disney in each of the last four years and I have never had a problem with them until now. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?
I think you misunderstood what was being told to you when you spoke to your guide.

There is a lot of information being said during these discussions and it is easy to misinterpret what is being said. "Joe" said you receive a discount with AP's as members; you heard, "Florida resident rates...." Just the fact that "Joe" mentioned the kitchens has me feeling that he meant that it was flexible to eat meals because of the kitchen.

Was I there? No. But as you can see, it's easy to interpret what was said differently.

What you bought was a timeshare at Disney. It will give you the opportunity to reserve a villa(s) 11 months at your home resort and 7 months at other DVC resorts. In essence, you have pre-paid for your accommodations at some Disney locations.

Looking at any DVC paperwork or online, will give you the knowledge that you have not been duped by Disney. Disney is not being dishonest or misrepresenting themselves.

I hope you can take a step back and realize that there isn't a problem but just a misunderstanding on your part. I hope you can get a fresh perspective on what you did purchase and thoroughly enjoy it. It has been one of our only frivolous purchases and out of the many things we could have purchased (boat, another timeshare, sports car, etc....) we are pleased with our choice.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
armone
Earning My Ears

Can't help with guide... have had three and all have been good... informative and not pushy.
Can help with prices somewhat: 1) If you can pay off each month get the Disney Visa (at least look at it... good rewards and 6 month no interest on most Disney including DVC)... we use this for EVERYTHING 2) If you are there often go for the discounted annual pass (breakeven last I checked was 10 days) 3) With the annual pass you can get a discounted Tables in Wonderland card: 20% off food & beverages (&alcohol)... they add back 18% tip which means the price on the menu is what you pay AND you are only charged for what you order.
armone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Looks like another post and run. OP hasn't returned to post to this or any other thread.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #21
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Looks like another post and run. OP hasn't returned to post to this or any other thread.
Or he forgot where to find DIS.....still can't find the Android app for our android device!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Yes, and the fact that this was his first post is a bit suspicious.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: