Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

We stayed once. disclaimer:It was before the rooms were redone.
We didn't love the resort because:

1. The size of the resort for convenience. We went when our kids were little and the amount of walking to and from the main building and pool area was a pain in the tail.
2. The size of the resort for transportation. We spent more time on buses here than any other resort.
3. The food court. The food was fine..the system was not. I do not think our family ate 1 meal together during our stay because of the ordering system.

The positive: Absolutely loved the pool area.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
Mike Mouse
Earning My Ears

I LOVE CSR!!
It all comes down to personal taste but the theme is so gorgeous (and i'm not a fan of southwest style). At night with all the lights on, its feels very tranquil. So many amenities and the pool is amazing! I love how big it is. Its a bit of a walk around the property but lets face it....If your going to Disney World, you should be expecting and prepared to do some walking anyways. I hate how people complain about the walk to and from room but they have no problem walking 10 miles in the parks. BTW, there's 4 bus stops on property anyways and the last stop is the main building so if its that much of a hassle, then take the bus to the main building. Besides, POR is just as big if not bigger.

We chose CSR for our wedding room block next summer and couldnt be happier with our decision.

Go on youtube and search "dis unlugged 7in7 and watch the video review they did on CSR. A lot has changed since many of the people posting on here has visited.

Trust me, you won't be disapointed!
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
I wasn't particularly excited about CBR when we first booked it, but after looking at pictures and watching videos, I warmed up to it a lot more.

PopSong1 on Youtube has some great resort walkthroughs, including one at CSR. They're great for getting a feel for the resort.

I have to say though, we decided against CSR because of the food too. It also looks a LOT bigger then CBR.
Actually CBR is bigger than CSR. And when you stay at CSR it feels much smaller than CBR does. In part because CSR has only 4 bus stops, compared to the 7 at CSR. If large size is a turn off, then CBR is the resort you need to stay away from, not CSR.

I'm always shocked by how many people dislike the food at CSR. My family found it to be very good! I think the set up puts some people off, but it is not much different than any other food court. You walk around to different stations, and order what you like. The only difference is that you are sat at a table, your drinks are brought to you, and you pay when you leave. I kind of like not having to juggle my drink along with my tray of food.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
SA mom
DIS Veteran

We loved it!

The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are so comfortable. My kids loved finding all the hidden Mickey's in the room and around the resort.

We also loved the Pepper Market.

The pool is awesome.

This is one of our favorite resorts.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
Mouseketeer

I had to change my Septmber trip at WL to a Nov one at CSR. Was a little hesitant as I had never really considered CSR before, like the OP, the theme is not one I normally like. I am very excited now after reading this thread. The size of the resort isn't a concern and people in business attire will not affect my trip at all. Great to hear so many positives! Now if only I could get my original Sept ADRS to Ohàna, BOG and CM, it would be perfect
120304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Ok, we stayed there, CSR, once... That was enough...what can I say I liked about the resort.. Not one thing...

We saw the brochure and it seemed nice and at a super discount ( WDW veterans with over 30 trips)....got there, huge, immense spread out resort...huge parking lot, always to cross to get to bus station....where our room was located a long walk to the pool, same other direction to main lobby and food ( didn't care for operations in Pepper Market ) we hardly ever ate together since each station had longer lines or cooked slower...

Bottom line without going into more detail, we felt like we were off property in a Holiday Inn... no Disney ambiance at all...!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
MinniesYooHoo
With the cows and the chickens, they all sound like the dickens when I hear my little Minnie...YOO HOO!

Let me preface my post by stating that I have stayed at every level of Disney resort, so I will only compare the Mods. Believe it or not, CSR is hands down my favorite Moderate resort (I've stayed at all of them). We've always stayed in Cabanas 8b. Perfect location. Close to the main building, close to the main pool, and has a bus stop right outside the back door. I love the clean feeling of the room decor. The white duvets are just clean and calming, and mousekeeping has always been very attentive. We genuinely love the Pepper Market. It always has a wonderful selection to suit everyone in our party. Having said that, I will admit to not liking 2 things about it: The stamping thing is wierd. I just don't get it. And I also don't like being charged a gratuity whether or not I receive good service. I would like to make that choice on my own as to whether or not I think the server deserves 18%. They are after all only bringing me a drink. Everything else I'm getting myself.

But as other posters have said, it's all in what you like and are comfortable with. I personally do not like POR. I'm not at all a fan of the decor of the Alligator Bayou rooms, which have a better proximity to the main building and main pool. The Mansion rooms are quite nice, but we've always been stuck in either Oak Manor or Parterre Place. Having to cross a bridge to get anywhere is too much for me. We never let it affect our trip, just made a mental note that we won't be staying there again. But overall the resort is quite beautiful, and I'll admit that the boat to DTD is a definate plus.

Just my own personal experience. I hope this helps you make an informed decision.

I've been Boo'd!!!
Me DH DD(9) Granny: G-Daddy: Charlotte Mr. Tanner(The closest we could get to a hamster!)

Last edited by MinniesYooHoo; 09-03-2013 at 12:24 PM.
MinniesYooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
texasroni75
Mouseketeer

It was pretty, but it was a LONG way from our rooms every morning, especially for my mother (who was in her late 60s when we stayed there). Since we are mainly "park" people - we didn't find that it was worth the extra expense to look at the view and grounds. We prefer POR over CSR. Still very lovely, but not as much of a hike!

DD(19) - DD(13) - DS(10) - DS(3)

Planning Trip 9 to WDW!!

All-Star Movies - Jan 1999, Coronado Springs - Feb 2001, All-Star Sports - March 2002, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2009, Port Orleans Riverside - December 2009, All-Star Movies - September 2013, All-Star Music - September 2014
texasroni75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #24
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasroni75 View Post
It was pretty, but it was a LONG way from our rooms every morning, especially for my mother (who was in her late 60s when we stayed there). Since we are mainly "park" people - we didn't find that it was worth the extra expense to look at the view and grounds. We prefer POR over CSR. Still very lovely, but not as much of a hike!
I love POR too, but how much of a hike you have at either resort depends on where your room ends up. I've had quick walks to the front at POR, and I have had long ones. Same thing at CSR. Last trip we had a short walk, the stay before that we were in Ranchos and felt like it was a journey to the ends of the earth to get to the front.

I like that at both POR and CSR you can now pay a little extra and be guaranteed a room close to the main buildings.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #25
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

You can mark me down for not liking CSR. The pool was nice but very crowded for September. I didn't care for the theme or the food area. You can wait a while for the buses to make stops at each bus stop. While I wouldn't book it again if I could avoid it I also wouldn't turn down a stay at any Disney resort. Some people like CSR and some dislike it, may you'll be pleasantly surprised if you go into your vacation with a positive attitude.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #26
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

It's nice but...

What I didn't like was Pepper Market. Unfriendly, overpriced, annoying, crowded. Would never go back. Pepper Market makes the POP food court craziness desirable.

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #27
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We love CSR. I have only stayed at CBR and delux other than CSR, but as a bit of a hotel snob, I was pleasantly surprised at CSR and have been back many times. It is clean, beautiful grounds, and has the best pool. I prefer it to the craziness that is Stormalong Bay at YC/BC. We love a delux with workout facilities, a night club/dedicated bar/ and love the Pepper Market. It is big, but we have no problem walking. Theme is nice. I don't "feel" Disney unless I am in the monorail area, but it is really a nice resort. You will like it!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #28
Robbi
DIS Veteran

We love everything about CSR. The Pepper Market has delicious food and we didn't mind the process of getting our ticket stamped. Also, we love walking around the resort. It's gorgeous. My daughter and her friends love the pool.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #29
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

My last choice resort would be CSR. Front desk staff screwed up three times, Pepper Market just made me furious (service is showing me the only clean table in the place and going back to gossip with your coworkers?)! And the desert theme makes it even hotter Orlando in the summer is plenty hot without a desert theme
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
LibertyTree
Earning My Ears

We've stayed at CSR a couple times. My wife likes it.

I do not.

I have no good reason not to. At least its hard to put my finger on why I don't like it.

The best way I could put it, CSR feels to me like a resort another company would have built to look like a Disney Resort. Its just like they're missing some critical step in the secret formula for a Disney Resort.

The rooms are nice. The pool is gigantic. Its hard to find a specific fault with CSR. It just feels like it is missing some of that Disney magic, that attention to detail that really sucks you in.
2010 ~ Coronado Springs
2011 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
2013 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
LibertyTree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: