Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
bsjs0708
DIS Veteran

Least favorite resort and why..

Most are interested in favorite resorts but which resorts just haven't met your expectations or you were just like oh no this just isn't the resort for me..and why...

bsjs0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Any of the all star resorts are our least favorite. I don't mind the value resort at all (LOVE POP) but the bus system/sharing with other All Star resorts and how big it seems (especially after along day at the park) is not for us. We stayed there before the split out preferred locations and were stuck in a crummy spot near the back of the resort. Food court was a zoo and always noisy and busy and it's the favorite location of cheer groups everywhere.
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
ksgind70
Earning My Ears

Csr

Sadly, CSR never appealed to us. We really wanted to love it, but just didn't. The main pool was wonderful, but so far from our rooms that it seemed like we were at a different resort by the time we arrived there. Also, we tend to want to eat at "off" times of the day, and the Pepper Market was closed more than once when we were ready to sit and eat. Because it is considered a "convention" resort, we were charged to pick up our box that we had shipped ahead. We were clearly not convention guests (as there was no convention scheduled that week) and the attitude of the CM in the business center was not great. Among other little things (did online checkin, but there was no record of it when we arrived, despite my having the printed confirmation, a room mix up that the gentleman who brought our luggage to the room resolved (after repeated attempts to fix it at the front desk)... we never let these minor things interfere with having a wonderful trip, but would not go back to CSR (there are too many other Disney resorts to try!!!!!)
ksgind70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
runner_princess
Mouseketeer

POFQ is not for us. Lovely resort, but it just didn't feel as "vacation-y" to us as CBR, our favorite mod. For deluxes, we suprisingly like Poly CL the least of any CL we've stayed at - just seemed a little too 1970s, and we prefer the theming of SSR, BC, and WL more.
2010 Wine and Dine Half: 2:56
2011 Princess Half: 2:40 2012 Princess Half, 2:38
runner_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

Least Favorite Value: Music. Although we did not hate it we just like the other values better.

Least Favorite Mod: CBR. - Stayed here twice. Once when we first started going to WDW. At that time the rooms were in desparate need of renovations. We stayed again two years ago after they were renovated and, although the grounds are beautiful, we did not like the food court set up, size of the resort, and the busses seem to take forever each time we took it. We did have a car so ended up using our car most of the time. There was a lot of work going on around the parking lots and the walk to the bus did not seem "magical." I know that my sound kind of picky but everything about Disney at the other resorts seems magical to me, even the walk to the bus. Others love this resort though so everyone has their favorites.

Least Favorite Deluxe: Only stayed at two, AKL and WL. Loved them both and would switch between the two when we can stay at them.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Least favorite Value - All Stars (all of them)
Least favorite Moderate - CSR (conventions)
Least favorite Deluxe - GF (yes, I am a resort snob, but this place is a little to snobby for me)
Least favorite DVC - SSR (too far away, which would be OK if it were spread out like OKW, and a very high density resulting in lots of noise)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Hands down it would be POP. We have stayed there twice. I wanted to love it, because it is a value and would mean we could take more trips. To me it felt like a motel 6 with Disney décor. The staff wasn't very friendly, the rooms needed a deep cleaning, and it was just a disappointment. Both times, we had a bathtub and shower with black buildup gunk around the shower head and tub. After requesting it cleaned twice, each time we ended up cleaning it ourselves. The second time we also had to clean out the mini fridge ourselves as the last occupant's leftover food was still in there (along with some nasty "topping" as well ). It smelled horrible. The last trip we bought into DVC so we won't be staying there anymore!
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
Michigan_Minnie
Disney Darling

The All Stars. We have stayed at Music and Movies and had problems with Brazilians at both. Never again will we stay Value.
2008 February @ Beach Club
2009 February @ ASMu Family Suite
2010 February @ ASMo
2010 October....MNSSHP
2011 February @ POR
2012 February @POR FQ
2014 February @ Pop Century

[
Michigan_Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

I hate any value resort. I have stayed at them when I was little and I remember being not impressed. For little children big statues of characters is interesting, but now I think it's tacky. Rooms are dirty and unimpressive. I prefer deluxe.

Katie
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

Never stayed at value or mod. But least fav deluxe is GF. Not my cup of tea.

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #11
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

CBR.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
2manypets
DIS Veteran

My ultimate least favorites are any of the All Stars. Just don't like the bus system, size or theming. We love Pop and can't wait to try the LM rooms at AoA though.

Runners up:

Moderates: CBR just because they don't have queen sized beds. When they change this I'll stay.

Deluxes: AKL, hated, hated, hated staying there. We only made it one night before switching resorts. The lobby is beautiful, but we had so many issues with the CM's I was nervous to spend another minute there. Now I can't even get my family to step foot in AKL to even eat dinner there.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

CBR - Walk from room to bus stop/lobby and food was forever long! Hard enough walking through the parks all day. I prefer resorts that have closer distances from rooms to bus stops.
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Values....any of the allstars. Used to like them, not so much after staying at both Pop and AoA. No issue with room cleanliness or such..that was fine. More a question of 'feel'.. stayed at Music once and loved it. 10 years later? not so much.

GF holds absolutely no appeal for me. I've stayed at almost every resort...not GF. Just can't get excited about it. Not my taste. But I love BW...go figure.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

I agree - GF is too sterile for me. Favorite is still SoG; POFQ for Disney resorts. Least favorite is definitely CR.

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: