Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #61
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Budget Update

We made the last payment!!!! Trip is completely paid!!!!!!!!!!

48 days until WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to update the budget

(RED means paid in full)
So far-
2 adults+ 2 teens
Caribbean Resort
11/23-11/30
7 day hoppers
Free Dining

$3,242.78

Rae ticket+ free dining(rooming with my friend technically,though it will be one of the older ones)
$371.69

Tips:$250(looked up menu prices)
Gas:$200
$25 GC
travel food:$80 $25 GC to mcDonalds;I don't like but the kids will be thrilled
Tolls:
Hotel on way there: approx $75
souvenirs: Depends on what we have left!
Misc:

We have a large change jar that we have been saving money in. It isn't just change though. Bills get put in when we "find" money. For example, money in laundry, if I return something at the store (small), someone gave us money to treat ourselves to a dinner, babysitting I do on weekend, I give kids money for something and they actually give me change back,... you get the point.

So far in our jar(minus actual change that we will cash later)
$470

I had no idea we had saved so much.
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #62
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

I wish to give your whole family a large hug and am sending consorting wishes and hopeful thoughts that this trip allows you to celebrate Thanksgiving as best as possible.

Your plans look amazing and fun. Love that you will be joined by others who can help you smile even more.

I can not wait to eat at Whispering canyon when we are there a month after you for the holidays.

ENJOY! Congrats on being paid in full.
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #63
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Paid in Full . That deserves a Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Great idea with change jar and extra found money

Sounds like you got a great amount saved
Old 10-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #64
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

The budget looks great! You guys got some great deals! ixiedust: hooray for 45 days!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #65
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
I am not too worried about the drive to Disney. I am concerned that they won't like Disney as well now that they are older.
Whoops got the wrong end of the stick there I wouldn't worry about them not liking Disney, they'll just like different things

Quote:
We made the last payment!!!! Trip is completely paid!!!!!!!!!!
Woooohoooo

Quote:
So far in our jar(minus actual change that we will cash later)
$470
Wow that's amazing, well done
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #66
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
I wish to give your whole family a large hug and am sending consorting wishes and hopeful thoughts that this trip allows you to celebrate Thanksgiving as best as possible.

Your plans look amazing and fun. Love that you will be joined by others who can help you smile even more.

I can not wait to eat at Whispering canyon when we are there a month after you for the holidays.

ENJOY! Congrats on being paid in full.
Thank you!We have eaten at Whispering Canyon and loved it. Very curious about the Holiday meal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Paid in Full . That deserves a Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Great idea with change jar and extra found money

Sounds like you got a great amount saved
We have a good start with the money jar but need to save more. No credit cards for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post

The budget looks great! You guys got some great deals! ixiedust: hooray for 45 days!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Whoops got the wrong end of the stick there I wouldn't worry about them not liking Disney, they'll just like different things

Woooohoooo

Wow that's amazing, well done
Thank you! I have reminded the older ones that this is a family trip and they aren't only joining me for meals.

We have been crazy busy. Last weekend was Peyton's birthday and this weekend was Homecoming. Rebekah was on the Homecoming court Friday night and then today was the dance. Also, last night Grandma fell at the game and broke her wrist. I was at the hospital with her most of the night.The doctor had to put her under anesthesia and put it back in place. She has decided to not go to Disney with us.

I will be starting on my daily itinerary in the next few days.It will include dining and FP+ selections.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #67
franluvsbubba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We haven't been to Disney since 2009. That was our fifth trip and I used to spend a ton of time on these boards!! The kids started at a private school and while it was the best decision EVER for our family it emptied our pockets. We experienced a family tragedy three months ago and we need something to cheer our kids up; something to look forward to. There will be no more putting things off. Therefore, we are going to Disney!! I am hoping that doing a pretrip report will help me get organized. It has been so long I can barely remember where to start. Plus I tried to go during less busy times but not this trip. The cast Me- Amy I am 37 yrs old. I am not currently working and concentrating all my time on my children. DH-Dean He is 44 yrs old and a great father. After work he coaches football at my kids' school DS15- Peyton will be 16 yrs old when we go. He plays baseball and football. He loves spending time with his friends DD14- Bekah She plays softball, basketball, and tennis. She is my drama queen and is always surrounded by friends. DD9- Rachel or RaeRae She is a bundle of energy. She plays softball and basketball. She sticks fairly close to me lately. Not going with us is my oldest son DS17. We lost him in a car accident on May 18. We are still learning to live without him. People keep telling us to get the kids out of town and give them something to look forward to. We chose Disney as our destination because Tyler hated Disney and it won't remind us of him at every turn. I will figure out photobucket (been a long time)and will post pictures. I will also start on the actual report. I am determined to give my kids a great trip but my mind is mush! will definitely need help/advice
I can't even begin to understand what you and your family are going through. I hope this trip brings some balm to your unimaginable pain. <Hugs>
franluvsbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #68
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Homecoming Pics

The blue ribbon on Peyton's coat says "TH #8" for his brother.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #69
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franluvsbubba View Post
I can't even begin to understand what you and your family are going through. I hope this trip brings some balm to your unimaginable pain. <Hugs>
Thank you.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #70
cjbcam
DIS Veteran

Hugs to you and your family. Glad to hear we aren't the only ones with the Disney jar. Lol
cjbcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #71
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Poor grand mom hope her wrist feels better soon

Everyone looks great at homecoming

That is nice Peyton has a tribute to Tyler

Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #72
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Poor poor grandma. I hope her wrist heals with pain for her. Sad that she isn't going to Disney with ya'll anymore.

Nice homecoming pictures. Hope they had a great time!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #73
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I have reminded the older ones that this is a family trip and they aren't only joining me for meals.
See I have the opposite problem, Jess will be 18 on our last day but will not go anywhere with just her sister

Quote:
Also, last night Grandma fell at the game and broke her wrist. I was at the hospital with her most of the night.The doctor had to put her under anesthesia and put it back in place. She has decided to not go to Disney with us.
Oh no, I hope she heals fast

Quote:
The blue ribbon on Peyton's coat says "TH #8" for his brother.
They both look gorgeous
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #74
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbcam View Post
Hugs to you and your family. Glad to hear we aren't the only ones with the Disney jar. Lol
We rely on that jar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Poor grand mom hope her wrist feels better soon

Everyone looks great at homecoming

That is nice Peyton has a tribute to Tyler

Thank you! Peyton doesn't talk about his brother as much as the girls but he always does little things that lets me know he is always on his mind. They were best friends and together constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Poor poor grandma. I hope her wrist heals with pain for her. Sad that she isn't going to Disney with ya'll anymore.

Nice homecoming pictures. Hope they had a great time!
They did have a great time! It was Bekah's first dance but her bother kept an eye on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
See I have the opposite problem, Jess will be 18 on our last day but will not go anywhere with just her sister

Oh no, I hope she heals fast

They both look gorgeous
Maybe it is because Peyton and Rebekah are only 16 months apart, but as they get older , they get along better. They would go off by themselves if I let them. I might allow some time apart but I really want this to be time spent as a family. My friend is appalled at the thought that I would let them wander by themselves. I think they are quite old enough.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #75
MrsZ
October Disney Bride

YAY for paying off the trip, and even bigger YAY for "the jar"!

You guys must be getting so excited! Its going to be amazing!

Peyton looks very dapper in his homecoming attire. And what a special way to keep his brother close to his heart by wearing the ribbon. Peyton sounds like a sweet boy!
Engaged on 11/4/2008 on a carriage ride at the Wilderness lodge Married my Best Friend on 10/2/2010 at the Boardwalk Our 1st Disney cruise for our 1st anniversary 10/2011 Fantasy Cruise to see our cruise buddies get hitched! 9/2012 Ran my First RunDisney 5K 11/2012 Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 9/2014
MrsZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: