Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #46
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Someone said we shouldn't try to run from the holidays,that we should just face it. Easier said than done...
First of all, if they have never gone through something like this, they should just keep their mouth shut. Secondly, why is this running from the holiday? I didn't see it that way, at all. I saw it as the opposite. (When I go through horrible times, I have the tendency to crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head and stay there for weeks. :-/ that's kinda running and not coping.) I am sure it will be hard for you guys, but there is much potential to embrace a lot of joy there, too. ((Big hug))

Wishing I had a ticker!
MataHari22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #47
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MataHari22 View Post
First of all, if they have never gone through something like this, they should just keep their mouth shut. Secondly, why is this running from the holiday? I didn't see it that way, at all. I saw it as the opposite. (When I go through horrible times, I have the tendency to crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head and stay there for weeks. :-/ that's kinda running and not coping.) I am sure it will be hard for you guys, but there is much potential to embrace a lot of joy there, too. ((Big hug))
Thank you..I have to remind myself(and others)that everyone grieves differently. There have been times that I have crawled into bed to try to forget but its rare. I keep going for my kids.
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #48
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

It was like herding cats to get a photo of the kids at Peyton's birthday dinner but here it is. I think we ended up with 57 people. It's hard to have all the kids there without Tyler in the middle of them After everyone left, Peyton said "Good party, mom". That is all I needed to hear. We take it one day at a time...

BTW, Peyton is the one sitting with our dog in his lap.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #49
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great pic
Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #50
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I might be in Disney when you are! Rae and I are getting AP passes and are going several times this summer when all the big kids are busy!
Oooh

Quote:
It was like herding cats to get a photo of the kids at Peyton's birthday dinner but here it is. I think we ended up with 57 people. It's hard to have all the kids there without Tyler in the middle of them After everyone left, Peyton said "Good party, mom". That is all I needed to hear. We take it one day at a time...
I'm so pleased
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #51
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post

Great pic
Thanks! It was stressful and expensive but anything to make them smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Oooh

I'm so pleased
Me too, Jo!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #52
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Budget

I have decided to keep my budget in my report. I have been reading other Disers budgets and I want to look back after the trip to see how close I came to being accurate.
So far-
2 adults+ 2 teens
Caribbean Resort
11/23-11/30
7 day hoppers
Free Dining
$3,242.78

Rae ticket+ free dining(rooming with my friend technically,though it will be one of the older ones)
$242 because my friend owed me money

I will add the rest later, just realized the time! Have a doctor apt

But I am thinking tips,gas(driving), OOP food,souvenirs, hotel room on drive down, travel food..What am I missing??
Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #53
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have decided to keep my budget in my report. I have been reading other Disers budgets and I want to look back after the trip to see how close I came to being accurate.
So far-
2 adults+ 2 teens
Caribbean Resort
11/23-11/30
7 day hoppers
Free Dining
$3,242.78

Rae ticket+ free dining(rooming with my friend technically,though it will be one of the older ones)
$242 because my friend owed me money

I will add the rest later, just realized the time! Have a doctor apt

But I am thinking tips,gas(driving), OOP food,souvenirs, hotel room on drive down, travel food..What am I missing??
It looks like you got an amazing deal! You might include some money for pre-trip shopping in the budget. (Snacks, entertainment etc.)
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #54
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Are there any tolls?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #55
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
It looks like you got an amazing deal! You might include some money for pre-trip shopping in the budget. (Snacks, entertainment etc.)
Good idea. I have been buying little things recently but not put it in the budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Are there any tolls?
Yes, there are tolls. Thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #56
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
But I am thinking tips,gas(driving), OOP food,souvenirs, hotel room on drive down, travel food..What am I missing??[/SIZE]
I think you've remembered everything, remember if the kids get thirsty you can get iced water free at CS places
Old 10-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #57
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Hello, neighbor We live in Tyrone, GA. My DH works in Newnan.

I want to offer my condolences as well. I remember hearing about your son on the news, and my heart broke for your family.

About the trip:

All your food choices sound like fun!

We also really liked CBR!

So where do you stay on your drive? Do you stay on the drive there and back at a hotel?

When we last went, my son (age 5) and I drove down straight through and then on the way back we stopped in Valdosta (we ate and toured MK until around 2 or 3). I found it easy to wake up at 4 am and start driving to Disney, but I didn't want to do that on the way home! (The other reason I did that on the way home was because on our 2009 trip, our car stalled on us, just DH and I, and we had to stay at a sketchy Super 8 motel at 2 am)

For our next trip in 2015, we will have a 9 year old and 2 nearly 3 year olds, so I am trying to figure out if we will do the same plan, no hotels and just straight driving, or hotels on both ends.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #58
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you've remembered everything, remember if the kids get thirsty you can get iced water free at CS places
Yuck! The water is gross. I will be taking a small soft sided cooler with waters. I can hang it on Grandmas wheelchair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Hello, neighbor We live in Tyrone, GA. My DH works in Newnan.

I want to offer my condolences as well. I remember hearing about your son on the news, and my heart broke for your family.

About the trip:

All your food choices sound like fun!

We also really liked CBR!

So where do you stay on your drive? Do you stay on the drive there and back at a hotel?

When we last went, my son (age 5) and I drove down straight through and then on the way back we stopped in Valdosta (we ate and toured MK until around 2 or 3). I found it easy to wake up at 4 am and start driving to Disney, but I didn't want to do that on the way home! (The other reason I did that on the way home was because on our 2009 trip, our car stalled on us, just DH and I, and we had to stay at a sketchy Super 8 motel at 2 am)

For our next trip in 2015, we will have a 9 year old and 2 nearly 3 year olds, so I am trying to figure out if we will do the same plan, no hotels and just straight driving, or hotels on both ends.
Thank you for your condolences and for reading along.
This trip we will stop on the way . I think in Ocala(not sure if spelled correctly) because we aren't leaving until 2pm. The kids have to stay at school through third block. We won't stop on the way home.
I am fine driving straight there or back every time but my husband hates road trips.
It will be fun when you go back! Those are great ages.I am worried it won't be the same now that I have teenagers.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #59
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Yuck! The water is gross. I will be taking a small soft sided cooler with waters. I can hang it on Grandmas wheelchair.
We hate the water fountain water but the cups of ice water tastes just like bottled to us

Quote:
I am worried it won't be the same now that I have teenagers.
We don't do road trips like you do (our little island isn't big enough) but this summer we drove 6 hours to Cornwall (bottom left hand bit of England!) and the kids didn't make a sound. They had their iPad/Kindle/iPods etc and were so good. Me however........
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #60
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We hate the water fountain water but the cups of ice water tastes just like bottled to us

We don't do road trips like you do (our little island isn't big enough) but this summer we drove 6 hours to Cornwall (bottom left hand bit of England!) and the kids didn't make a sound. They had their iPad/Kindle/iPods etc and were so good. Me however........
I don't know that I have actually tried a cup of ice water there. I assumed it tasted as bad as the water fountain. I guess now I will have to try!

I am not too worried about the drive to Disney. I am concerned that they won't like Disney as well now that they are older.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: