Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

Back from Disney, Found a Canon just sitting around...

We were at Magic Kingdom, I think it was Sept 25th, I was circling the statue of Gaston in the new Fantasyland. I saw a DSLR sitting on a bench nearest the gift shop that looked lonely. When I didn't see anyone around I sat on the bench for a few minutes to make sure it didn't fall in the wrong hands. After waiting a bit longer, I grabbed it when I saw a gang of ruffians approaching on their ECV's! I hurried inside and handed it over to the nice girl inside. I wish I had used it to take a selfie before turning it in!!! LOL, I hope it found its owner, but you never know....

It reminded me of 2 years ago when someone stole my wifes camera (a P&S) made me wish they would of at least returned the memory card to guest services...
Old 09-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

A selfie would've been funny! I sure hope they check with guest services before they leave. That's why I seldom lay my camera anywhere.

I want to see some of those Sigma 30 shots.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
beachclub
Mouseketeer

hope to owner got it back, this is why its a good idea to take a photo of written ownership information and leave it on every card you use so that when a super nice and responsible person like yourself finds it you or the cast member can locate the real owner.
beachclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

And here I thought you saw one of these........

Captain Jack told me once we have a lot in common..... we both shoot with Canons.

mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

I'll post a few in a bit, my computer is running very slowly and the process time is getting nasty! Even exporting from LR 4 to a folder is very tedious!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

I've left my entire bag behind a few times in the parks, almost always after we've stopped somewhere to take a break. I always realize what I've done in a few minutes and race back. It's always been where I left it, except once. That time I'd left it inside Cosmic Ray's — someone had turned it in. After I provided a description of the bag and the camera inside, cast members returned it to me.

I've also left my tripod behind a few times; all but one of those times it was still where I'd left it (including once when I'd left it in the queue at Big Thunder Mountain, and I'd made it almost to Main Street when I realized I didn't have it). The one time I thought I'd lost it forever, I left it on the Epcot monorail as we leaving at the end of the night; it wasn't until the next afternoon, when I decided to make an unscheduled trip to Epcot and then to Magic Kingdom for sunset before we left for home that I realized I didn't have it (the rest of the family was spending the last evening at Downtown Disney). After determining that it wasn't in the other car, I went to Lost & Found at the TTC — they couldn't find that it had been turned in. I started to consider a replacement as I shot sunset with the camera balanced on rocks, rails and whatever else I could find.

Two days later, Lost & Found called and said they'd found it. As I was already back at home, they mailed it to me, free of charge.

Scott
Old 09-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

Nice to hear that so many people at Disney are honest!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
jillgunter
Mouseketeer

I bet a frantic owner was very happy you turned it in. I would be so upset if I lost my camera!

Jill: Mom to a Disney addicted 7 year old!
jillgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
retiredteach
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclub View Post
hope to owner got it back, this is why its a good idea to take a photo of written ownership information and leave it on every card you use so that when a super nice and responsible person like yourself finds it you or the cast member can locate the real owner.

I put my email on all my camera stuff, then I can be notified immediately if the item is found and they want to return it.
retiredteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
GrumpyGoat
Disney Curmudgeon

My wife works in guest services at the San Diego Zoo and over the years we've acquired several cameras that were turned in to the lost and found but never claimed. They all had cards with family pictures on them and I saved the pictures, but no one ever came forward. Apparently the family memories aren't important to some people.

Now, they give the unclaimed cameras to other people...
GrumpyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: