Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
phoj69
Earning My Ears

What to do in standard room with infant

We will be staying at pop century with our 2 year old son in a couple of weeks and are a little nervous about the sleeping situation. I tried to get a king bed and we have a pack and play ordered. Any suggestions on separating the room or how you handled it while your child slept and you were up?
phoj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

There is room for the pack and play by the vanity. It is the closet area but if you don't hang your clothes it is okay and there is a curtain. Of course you have to go thru that area to use the bathroom.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Babsy
DIS Veteran

The only thing that I can think of is to have baby monitor and take chairs outside the room onto the walkway and use it sort of like a balcony/patio area. Bring a good book, some knitting, electronic games, etc and set up for a relaxing wait. Mid day, if you have a stroller that reclines flat, perhaps the little one can nap in there while you walk around world showcase or sit in a shady/hopefully quiet area by the lake?

Some luxury resorts (such as the Grand Floridian or Yacht Club) have common lobby areas that can be quiet where a little one could have a nap while you people watch/relax in a secluded seating area. Again, you would need a stroller that allows napping, though.

You can get in room babysitting in order to get some adult evening time to yourselves. My son and DIL used this when they went with our 2 year old grand daughter in June last year and it worked well for them.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Mari23
Earning My Ears

We have a stroller that lays flat so we were lucky enough that DD would sleep there while we stayed in a cool place in one of the parks.

My DD didn't want to use the pack n play for sleeping so she slept with us when we got a king bed and the other time DH and I alternated sharing the bed with her with the 2 queen beds.

Good Luck

Visits to the World:

April 2014 - POFQ ~~ October 2013 - AoA: Lion King Suite ~~ April 2013 - Pop Century ~~ Oct 2012: CSR - "A much needed trip" ~~ Dec 2011: POFQ - "Mickey Boot Camp" (Per DH) ~~ June 2008: Pop ~~ July 2004: AS-S ~~ Aug 2002: AS-S ~~ Summer 1999: Disney's College Program (MK outdoor foods) ~~ Aug 1994: (1st Trip to the world) - off property
Mari23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari23 View Post
We have a stroller that lays flat so we were lucky enough that DD would sleep there while we stayed in a cool place in one of the parks.

My DD didn't want to use the pack n play for sleeping so she slept with us when we got a king bed and the other time DH and I alternated sharing the bed with her with the 2 queen beds.

Good Luck
This is what we do with our DD's. We learned that going back to the room was a waste of time for our DD's, they slept better in the stroller. At night, we turn the lights down and after a long day at the park they usually fall asleep quickly. At home we have always had them go to sleep with some sort of sounds, either sound machine or music, and I think that has really helped so that we do not have to tip-toe around the room. Once they are asleep we can watch TV, work on laptop, get ready for the next day with no issues of them waking up.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
JoyW
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
There is room for the pack and play by the vanity. It is the closet area but if you don't hang your clothes it is okay and there is a curtain. Of course you have to go thru that area to use the bathroom.
We did this last November at Pop with our then 18 month old. With the divider curtain closed and the light off, he went right to sleep. We also left the bathroom light on and door cracked with the ventilation fan on for a nightlight and some white noise (and to help cover noise made by me sneaking through to use the restroom and wash my hands).
JoyW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: