Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
catigger
Mouseketeer

Please post pictures of your Animal Kingdom Pool View Room

I have seen lots of pictures of the Savannah view rooms but not many of the pool view. Would like to know what to expect if I were to request a pool view room. If you could also post room number it would be most appreciated. And suggestions on room locations for the best view of the pool.
09/1998 - Engaged - WL
California native too many trips to DL to count
catigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

I may not be one you want to respond .... we booked pool view after having a savanna view, but this trip was not in budget. We wasted our money, should have booked standard. We had to lean out and look right to see a piece of pool through the trees. We came to conclusion that pool view doesn't mean view but a side of the building. Our view was of the roofs of the restaurants. It was loud - so we never used balcony. It was an upper floor close to the lobby, I don't know room number. I can't imagine being those rooms to left looking down on that brown part of the roof. I guess maybe request away from lobby. PS I do love AKL !

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
catigger
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting. That certainly looks like a standard view.
09/1998 - Engaged - WL
California native too many trips to DL to count
catigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
MinnieSummer
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=HopperFan;49451311]I may not be one you want to respond .... we booked pool view after having a savanna view, but this trip was not in budget. We wasted our money, should have booked standard. We had to lean out and look right to see a piece of pool through the trees. We came to conclusion that pool view doesn't mean view but a side of the building. Our view was of the roofs of the restaurants. It was loud - so we never used balcony. It was an upper floor close to the lobby, I don't know room number. I can't imagine being those rooms to left looking down on that brown part of the roof. I guess maybe request away from lobby. PS I do love AKL !

Actually, aren't you looking at the courtyard area of the pool? The pool should be just to the right. The curved roofs that you see are those that cover the area where you walk out. Believe me, that is a much better view that the standard one that looks out over the parking lot.
Christmas at BLT-MKV 2010
Christmas at CSR 2009,
Christmas at WL Villas 2008
Christmas at SSR 2007
Christmas at GF 2006
Christmas at BWI 2005
Christmas at WL 2004
Christmas at CSR 2003
Christmas at AKL 2002
Christmas at CBR 2001
MinnieSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Yes, she asked for a pool side room view and I said we were on the pool side of the building and that is the roof of the restaurant and walkways. The pool was not visible to us from our balcony seats, only the roofs. We had to lean over the rail and look right - which meant also meant we were looking into our neighbors balcony - and we could see a small piece of pool through the trees.

It was very loud because that is where everyone was walking in and out, plus the outdoor seating for Mara was there. It was not a desirable place to sit because of the noise and we had no view. I have looked at current rates and see there is not much difference between the two options but when we stayed there (it was years ago) it priced out that the Pool View was substantially higher, closer to a $50 difference. If I wasn't going to use the balcony in either category, I could use the money instead.

I posted my room view so that the OP can hopefully avoid a room like this if they were hoping for a nice view.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I don't have a picture of my supposed pool view room. It was actually overlooking a hot tub where a couple was making out.

After seeing that, I closed my curtains and decided not to open them again that short trip (it was just a long weekend).
The room was fairly cheap for AKL since it was AP discount but if I'd been staying longer and wanted an actual pool view - I'd have asked to be moved.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: