Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.
TooBoyz4us's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: N.W. Georgia
Posts: 2,060

Desperate need to pay our package off slightly late. Will I be okay ?

Our 45 day out package payoff date is Sept 18th.
Due to some unforeseen events happening around here, we will not be able to pay our full amount before that day. We actually need an extra 8-10 days for the last $200 or so.

I did a search and have read that this happens to quite a few people, and that everything should be just fine as long as we pay in full before we are 30 days out.

Can someone who did this recently please assure me that all will be fine???
I am a nervous wreck

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR

Last edited by TooBoyz4us; 09-01-2013 at 03:56 PM.
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
dissupermom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 168

if I didn't know any better, I would have thought TGIF this post was written by me!! I'm in the same tram as you are! my payoff date is 9/6 and I need and extra few days! my travel agent has informed me that since we are making regular payments and the balance will be very minimal (compared to the overall total of the trip) WDW will not cancel our trip if not paid in full at the 45 day mark! as long as we get it in by the 30 day mark, we will be ok!!! you should also be ok!! but definatley check with travel agent or with disney themselves if you booked with them just to be on the safe side
dissupermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
DIS Veteran
APiratesLifeForMe2's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,094

I had an issue with my debit card on day 46 or 47 when I called to pay off my balance. At the time I did not have any credit cards so my debit card was the only option. I spoke with several people at Disney and they said if payment was not received when due, they could not guarantee the reservation. It ended up being an issue with my bank resetting my card (I still don't know what that means) but I had to pay late since it took a few days to resolve and the reservation was still good. At the end of the day, I switched banks since they could have cost me my Disney trip and now always make sure to pay ahead. This was a few years ago so rules may have changed but at that time I did not get any reassurance from any Disney employee that a late payment was ok.
1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
molliewalks's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: shenandoah, va
Posts: 191

Just happened to me, unforeseen circumstances happened, i had 2 reservations i had to pay off. My 45 day mark was june 26. Didn't have anything but the deposit paid. Called disney a few days ahead and they noted it, but said no guarantee to hold. Called on july 3 to pay one off and debit card wouldn't go through (went over daily limit, ugh, didn't even think about that). Had to switch money between banks and couldn't do that until the 5th. Called on 5th and that reservation had been cancelled, activate full on panic mode!! That was my in-laws who needed handicapped room!! Talked to manager, couldn't refund 200 deposit, ended up rebooking and they gave me 200 off. Sweet!! Needed a few more days for money to come through to pay off other reservation. Talked to them again about it, that reservation was still being held. I don't know what kind of pixie dust they had on that reservation because i ended up calling about a week before we were to go and reservation was still there, no problems at all! Just call them every other day or so and make sure they keep noting it in system and you should be okay. They don't want to lose money!! Chances are, that close to mark, room may not be rented out again as most people plan and book far in advance. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
molliewalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Wendy Darling
nkereina's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,472

You should be ok, but I would call before your 45 day mark and have them notate your reservation at the very least. I have read that as long as you stay in commuication, you should be ok.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.