Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
chrissy92972
Mouseketeer

Just Back From POFQ- review

We got back yesterday from an 8 night stay at POFQ. We arrived last Thursday 8/22. When we got to the resort our room was not ready even though we did online check in. We decided to place our carry ons with bell services and head to MK and reservations at Chef Mickey's.

During online check in I requested a room close to transportation and food court due to medical issues. I also requested a fridge on the phone for my son's insulin.

When we came back from MK we found our luggage in our room and brought the carry ons from Bell Services.

Room assignment was room 4138 building 4 first floor facing the court yard where the movies are shown. Non working fridge in the room. Had to call and request one and it was delivered within a few minutes. We loved our room location except for the first few evening the movie was so loud that our room vibrated. My kids loved the marshmellow roast in the evenings.

We were on the dining plan and got our mugs right after check in. Color choices were green, purple, and orange. We never saw any other colors at our resort, but throughout the week at the parks I saw pink, blue, and black.

They are the ones with the chip and once you fill it says three minutes to the next fill and it lets you fill 3 times in an hour. Ice Tea does not have the technology for the chip, but soda does.

We really had no bus issues the entire week and did parks for 7 days and 3 trips to downtown Disney. We also used the monorail a few times for dining and the boat to Downtown Disney. Wait times for any transportation was either walk up or less then 10 minutes each time.

Any questions, I would be glad to try and answer.

Chrissy
chrissy92972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy92972 View Post
We got back yesterday from an 8 night stay at POFQ. We arrived last Thursday 8/22. When we got to the resort our room was not ready even though we did online check in. We decided to place our carry ons with bell services and head to MK and reservations at Chef Mickey's.

During online check in I requested a room close to transportation and food court due to medical issues. I also requested a fridge on the phone for my son's insulin.

When we came back from MK we found our luggage in our room and brought the carry ons from Bell Services.

Room assignment was room 4138 building 4 first floor facing the court yard where the movies are shown. Non working fridge in the room. Had to call and request one and it was delivered within a few minutes. We loved our room location except for the first few evening the movie was so loud that our room vibrated. My kids loved the marshmellow roast in the evenings.

We were on the dining plan and got our mugs right after check in. Color choices were green, purple, and orange. We never saw any other colors at our resort, but throughout the week at the parks I saw pink, blue, and black.

They are the ones with the chip and once you fill it says three minutes to the next fill and it lets you fill 3 times in an hour. Ice Tea does not have the technology for the chip, but soda does.

We really had no bus issues the entire week and did parks for 7 days and 3 trips to downtown Disney. We also used the monorail a few times for dining and the boat to Downtown Disney. Wait times for any transportation was either walk up or less then 10 minutes each time.

Any questions, I would be glad to try and answer.

Chrissy

Sounds like you had a pretty good trip. We're doing just a room only reservation there on 11/10 and will be our first time there, then switching to POR on the 11th. Hope the fridge situation gets finished before November.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! I will be at POFQ for the 1st time in just 27 days!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing, and for the update on the mugs.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
chrissy92972
Mouseketeer

We did have a really good trip. It was me and my triplets. First trip in almost 8 years. I would definately go back to POFQ if we ever get to go back to Disney. We loved the size of the resort. My kids liked the pool and really loved the pool at Riverside.

Chrissy
Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
scard192
DIS Veteran

"Room assignment was room 4138 building 4 first floor facing the court yard where the movies are shown. We loved our room location except for the first few evening the movie was so loud that our room vibrated"

don't like the prospect of noise from the movie. I have requested Bldg 4 for its proximity to the bus stop and food court and did not want to be near the pool or boat landing. We have a Garden View Room booked.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

One great thing about POFQ is that really none of the buildings are that far from the food court or the bus stop. We have been in buildings 2, 3, and 7.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
karly05
DIS Veteran

I may be wrong about this, but I think purple, green & orange are the only colors for the new RFID mugs, and the blue, pink & black are the colors of the older non-RFID mugs.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
2015 - POFQ - As P&F say: Carpe Diem! 4 Parks in a Day

karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
chrissy92972
Mouseketeer

on our last night we were talking to the cm's about the movie loudness while at the marshmellow roast. They said they were not aware about how loud it is in the rooms and they will work on it.

Building four has three sections and our room was in the middle section closest to facing the movie courtyard. The first section in closest to food and pool but still far enough away from pool if that makes sense.

The other side of building 4 faces the parking lot and there is a small path that leads right to the bus stops. It is a great shortcut.

Forgot to mention that on Magical Express we were stop number 3 on the way first was Key West, then Saratoga, then us, then Riverside.

On the way to the Airport it was Riverside, us, Key West, Saratoga.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
kiddisney
DIS Veteran

here now & they are delivering fridges every day - our first day there was a non-working fridge in the room - so my husband never checked but when we were walking in i saw them offloading a truckload of fridges & decided to check our room again & found that we had a working fridge - they are only plug & play so it's a quick change out - they just have to have the stock -

wdw: '83,'85-'86,'88-'89,'91-'93,'95,'97-'99,'02-'03, '05-'06, '08 -'14 (30 visits & counting - 10 trips in 13 months to visit dd: wdw imagineering intern & ds: wdw cp)
dl: '82,'87,'95
dcl: '98,'99,'00,'02,'03,'04 ... '11,'12,'14 (dbl dips gives us platinum)

kiddisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
wundermommy76
Mouseketeer

I got a letter in the mail regarding possible fridge issues at certain resorts and they apologized for any inconvenience it might cause. We arrive at POFQ on September 8th - I hope the rooms all have fridges by then.

2011-FW 2012-POP 2013-POFQ 2014-POP again!
wundermommy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy92972 View Post
on our last night we were talking to the cm's about the movie loudness while at the marshmellow roast. They said they were not aware about how loud it is in the rooms and they will work on it.

Building four has three sections and our room was in the middle section closest to facing the movie courtyard. The first section in closest to food and pool but still far enough away from pool if that makes sense.

The other side of building 4 faces the parking lot and there is a small path that leads right to the bus stops. It is a great shortcut.

Forgot to mention that on Magical Express we were stop number 3 on the way first was Key West, then Saratoga, then us, then Riverside.

On the way to the Airport it was Riverside, us, Key West, Saratoga.
thanks for the update, we will have a 2 year old and 7 year old with so will likely be putting them to bed somewhat early.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #13
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05
I may be wrong about this, but I think purple, green & orange are the only colors for the new RFID mugs, and the blue, pink & black are the colors of the older non-RFID mugs.
I think you are correct. We went last year, we left home the Sunday of Labor Day weekend **sigh**, and our choice of mug colors were pink, blue, & black. Those are the older colors.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #14
BlackMagicWoman
Mouseketeer

Hi I also just got back from POFQ. No working fridge for me either but I got the room credit. I had some issues being able to access my room when we switched from room only to our package, but otherwise no problem. We arrived at 11am and our room was ready.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Welcome back glad ou enjoyed your trip.

We love POFQ and would be staying there for our next trip if FD was avalable. We are excitied to try the Royal Rooms at POR

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: