Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
flamark
Mouseketeer

Lack of EPCOT restaurants on 2014 DP's

I was checking the 2014 DDP brochures and saw that the number of TS choices at EPCOT is down to only 6 from 15 this year. I was panicked until I remember, I think, hearing about some restaurants that usually aren't added until almost the first of the year. Please tell me that this is the case right now and there will be more EPCOT restaurants coming on board.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

I am no expert, but my Disney friends have assured me that the restaurants not operated by Disney (most of the World Showcase venues, plus many in Downtown Disney) are not usually added until later because of the time it takes for contract re-negotiation or some such thing.

But I guess the real question is this: I will be going on January 3. If the restaurants are not added at that point, does that mean they are not honoring the current DDPs? Hopefully they will just go off the previous year's list? Hmmm...

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
nimbuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
I am no expert, but my Disney friends have assured me that the restaurants not operated by Disney (most of the World Showcase venues, plus many in Downtown Disney) are not usually added until later because of the time it takes for contract re-negotiation or some such thing.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
But I guess the real question is this: I will be going on January 3. If the restaurants are not added at that point, does that mean they are not honoring the current DDPs? Hopefully they will just go off the previous year's list? Hmmm...
I believe the deadline is sometime in December as they've always been updated for the start of the year.

The chances of restaurants dropping out of the plans is very low. In this history of the plans in general, there has only been one restaurant to leave and that was Fulton's after the first year. For 2012 they, along with several other friends in DtD (and RFC at AK) joined back up. It's not something I'd worry about that much.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)

Last edited by Cafeen; 09-01-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

There really should be a sticky thread for this: "Next Year's Epcot Participating Restaurants Alert"
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: