Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #991
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
I hope your hubby gets better real soon! Hopefully he will be able to get back to work very soon.
Thanks, we hope so too.

Have a good day at work, D~ and yeah for new/better ways to do things! Internet friends are fabulous!!

I have to get to a fabric store sometime soon: I signed up for a swap and need some fabric. But I'm working a 'real' week so it won't be until Saturday at the earliest.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #992
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

The stocking are adorable! I more of a traditional Christmas color kinda Gal. I do love the poka dot one! can't wait to see them completed!

Wow V really was into getting every last autograph wasn't she! I Love it! i want to do the same!!!! i try to.. but wont wait as long as she did bless her big heart.

how did the cooling things work for you? I bought the frog togs for the kids and football.. it worked for them!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #993
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

Trying to catch up ~ as always lately. I have been lurking when time allows. I don't know where time is going.
The work on the your Gepetto bag was FABULOUS!!
Can't believe the nightmare on your PP card, but so glad they were able to get all your photo's back.
Grumpy CM for Tiana ~ not nice at all. I don't like when people are like that.
BOG steak looks YUMMY!
Those Christmas stockings look adorable. Once I finish making my DD her scrub for her new CNA position she just got I will be making a Christmas stocking. My mom is going to monogram the top for me and once that is done I will begin sewing. Sewing has been a slow process, but I am keeping with it and moving forward slowly on my projects.
I can't believe you are at the end of your TR. I have very much enjoyed reading each day. I can hardly wait till we actually pick our dates. We are going to wait till my nephew returns from his deployment and go as one big happy family.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #994
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the whole PP+ card fiasco straightened out! WHEW....what a mess! It looks like your time with Tiana and Prince Naveen was really cool. Princess & the Frog is one of my favorite movies. I definitely need to meet her next time!

The picture of the 3 of you in front of the castle is pretty cool. What a great way to wrap up your last night!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Old 10-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #995
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

So sad your day is almost over. But I am excited to read your next PTR already.

Thank goodness you took a pic of your PP+ card, what a nightmare that would have been if you hadn't.

Love the pic in front of the castle at night.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #996
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons
Glad you did ask before you bought the material. That's kind of sad she doesn't want to match anymore. I'm going to be so sad the day I can't get my kids to match anymore. Even though right now it's just basically Halloween costumes.

Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd share them trying on their costumes the other night. They look soooo cute!!

Hope your able to get everything done for you new nephew this week. Can't wait to hear what you're making.
They are sooo cute!!!!

D......
Stopping to say hi. Meant to post the other night, not sure what happened. I would have been in hysterics over the pp fiasco, even if I had the number in the room. And yes some cms just aren't as disney as I'd like. But at least its only a few and not the majority. Love the latest bag. Every bag is always perfect! Unfortunately I can't see your stocking photos on the phone. Maybe they will show up tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your plans for your next trip. Maybe I can keep up.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #997
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Yeah!! Glad you found another way to put the stockings together. Hope you had a good day at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
They are sooo cute!!!!
Thank you!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
Old 10-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #998
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

I never knew that Warm and Natural had a right or wrong side. I usually donít use that product but you can be sure Iíll double check it if I ever do use it in the future.

I am so glad you found an easier way to make the stockings. Iím sure that will make things much easier on you!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #999
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I never knew that Warm and Natural had a right or wrong side. I usually donít use that product but you can be sure Iíll double check it if I ever do use it in the future.

I am so glad you found an easier way to make the stockings. Iím sure that will make things much easier on you!
Just because I LOVE Warm Company batting I will let everyone in on a secret. Their two main products are Warm and Natural ... and Warm and White. Both have a scrim side...but it is not as pronounced as most brands. Sometimes it is almost impossible to see the difference you have to feel for it. If you can't feel it then no need to worry...

If you are using white based fabrics you should use the white batting...if you are using off white based fabrics use the natural batting.

I tend to use the natural 99% of the time...because I mainly make baby quilts and try to keep the bleaching agents away from tinys....

I buy my batting by the bolt (or roll) at Joann's and only get the white for specific projects.

Don't be afraid of my wonderful batting!

LOL

NIni

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 10-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #1000
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Have fun at Target and glad that someone saved your project.
Thanks! I am so happy that she gave me another alternative - it's so much easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad you have a new way to do your stockings; hope you have a good day at Target today.
Thanks Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Glad Christmas project was saved! Hope work goes smoothly.
Thank you Dee - me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Wow, I had no idea there was a wrong side I used that on the hipster I made. I better not get it wet
Well, if your hipster is a darker color - it shouldn't be too bad...

Quote:
Sure does seem like a lot of people are having photopass problems lately! I'm pretty sure I'll never use it, but it kind of makes you wonder why all the goof ups!
Well - I am not sure... but out of the thousands of photos we did get - to only have a few missing, well -

Quote:
I have to say, you got some of the best (and most) photopass pictures I've seen. Too bad you had to deal with the mistake of the cast member!
Thank you - I am just happy it was fixed... I would have been so upset if they wouldn't have been able to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
The Dis'er Who Saved D~'s Christmas! I really am glad it is going to come together better for you now!

Have a great day at Target!
Thanks Oopsi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Just stopping by to say hello. I'm all caught up on your TR but have to come back later because I didn't do any quotes. Just took some notes from all your wonderful posts.
Hi Liz!!! Welcome home!!! How was your trip??? I am anxious to hear all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
:We are home from our trip and trying to catch up and get back into our routine. Phew, lots to do but I am procrastinating! For example I was wasting time on pinterest and found this post about taking your own family photos

http://www.kristendukephotography.co...mily-pictures/

maybe Alli can give it a try to see if it will work for your christmas pictures.
Ooh - thank you!!! I've opened it in another tab and I will read it when I am done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Thanks, we hope so too.

Have a good day at work, D~ and yeah for new/better ways to do things! Internet friends are fabulous!!

I have to get to a fabric store sometime soon: I signed up for a swap and need some fabric. But I'm working a 'real' week so it won't be until Saturday at the earliest.
Thanks Ruth! I love doing swaps - it's been so long since I've done one... That's one thing I do miss about "just sewing for fun" is that it seems I never have the time to do fun stuff anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
The stocking are adorable! I more of a traditional Christmas color kinda Gal. I do love the poka dot one! can't wait to see them completed!
Me too - but I just loved the colors and the fabric of these...

Quote:
Wow V really was into getting every last autograph wasn't she! I Love it! i want to do the same!!!! i try to.. but wont wait as long as she did bless her big heart.
Yah - she was on a mission that day - for sure. LOL

Quote:
how did the cooling things work for you? I bought the frog togs for the kids and football.. it worked for them!
They were fantastic - both the Frogg Toggs and the neck coolers that Nini made for us... we did use them both. There is no way we could do Disney in Aug with out them - that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
Trying to catch up ~ as always lately. I have been lurking when time allows. I don't know where time is going.
No worries - thanks for following along and taking the time to say hello.

Quote:
The work on the your Gepetto bag was FABULOUS!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Can't believe the nightmare on your PP card, but so glad they were able to get all your photo's back.
Me too!

Quote:
Grumpy CM for Tiana ~ not nice at all. I don't like when people are like that.
Yah - she was certainly a work of art...

Quote:
BOG steak looks YUMMY!
Yah - it was delicious... I can't say that the meat was anything spectacular... but everything they put on top of it and all the sides made it super fantastic!

Quote:
Those Christmas stockings look adorable. Once I finish making my DD her scrub for her new CNA position she just got I will be making a Christmas stocking. My mom is going to monogram the top for me and once that is done I will begin sewing. Sewing has been a slow process, but I am keeping with it and moving forward slowly on my projects.
I can't believe you are at the end of your TR. I have very much enjoyed reading each day. I can hardly wait till we actually pick our dates. We are going to wait till my nephew returns from his deployment and go as one big happy family.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Congratulations to dd! That is awesome!

Let me know when you start the stockings - I'd be happy to share the assembly process. LOL

Yay for a big happy family trip!!!! I hope you had a great day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get the whole PP+ card fiasco straightened out! WHEW....what a mess! It looks like your time with Tiana and Prince Naveen was really cool. Princess & the Frog is one of my favorite movies. I definitely need to meet her next time!

The picture of the 3 of you in front of the castle is pretty cool. What a great way to wrap up your last night!
Yah - so happy we were ablet o get all of our photos back - I was a wreck there for a while. Thankfully, when we got into the line at MK for the Photopass counter, there was NO ONE there... So, I had every single PP person there working on finding our pictures. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
So sad your day is almost over. But I am excited to read your next PTR already.

Thank goodness you took a pic of your PP+ card, what a nightmare that would have been if you hadn't.

Love the pic in front of the castle at night.
Yah- I am excited to get started on my PTR... It will be a fun one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
They are sooo cute!!!!

D......
Stopping to say hi. Meant to post the other night, not sure what happened. I would have been in hysterics over the pp fiasco, even if I had the number in the room. And yes some cms just aren't as disney as I'd like. But at least its only a few and not the majority. Love the latest bag. Every bag is always perfect! Unfortunately I can't see your stocking photos on the phone. Maybe they will show up tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your plans for your next trip. Maybe I can keep up.
Hi!!!! Glad to see you make it back! Yah - Just happy we were able to get our photos back... I wanted it totally resolved before we left the park that night - since our flight left in the morning...

Thanks for the bag compliments... I love doing them.

I hope you are able to keep up with my next PTR... I do miss seeing you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Yeah!! Glad you found another way to put the stockings together. Hope you had a good day at work.

Thank you!
Thanks Sandra!

Quote:
Well, don't be afriad to us it - It is the best product out there that I have found.

Quote:
Me too! I hope to get those others done today... Then I need to get Thomas' fabric washed (I had to order more, I ran out... Sigh)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Just because I LOVE Warm Company batting I will let everyone in on a secret. Their two main products are Warm and Natural ... and Warm and White. Both have a scrim side...but it is not as pronounced as most brands. Sometimes it is almost impossible to see the difference you have to feel for it. If you can't feel it then no need to worry...

If you are using white based fabrics you should use the white batting...if you are using off white based fabrics use the natural batting.

I tend to use the natural 99% of the time...because I mainly make baby quilts and try to keep the bleaching agents away from tinys....

I buy my batting by the bolt (or roll) at Joann's and only get the white for specific projects.

Don't be afraid of my wonderful batting!

LOL

NIni
I totally agree Nini... Warm and Natural is, by far, the best batting there is out there - I just love it. Great tips on using the white for white... I honestly didn't know they made a white... I will need to look for it next time.

Well, I did work at Target yesterday - glad I went in, because I was on the schedule. We were super busy - We are in the process of completely redoing our Music browser - so there were 3 of us organizing CDs yesterday... Finding music with in our browser is not my strong suit - and I kind of like how they are reorganizing it - hopefully I won't be nearly as lost now. LOL

I came home and made dinner last night... A family favorite that was easy to make a side of for Alli... Cream heese stuffed croissants, on top of Itallian sauce and mozzarella on top of all of it... For Alli's version - I sauteed some chopped zucchini with onion to put in the sauce, and for our's - I added ground beef/sausage. It was delicious!

Then I sat down on the couch and watched Part III and Part IV of Season 2, Downton Abbey... I've watched all of the episodes (last spring), and I keep trying to start over watching them all again... the problem is that I get 3 episodes into Season I and I stop watching them... I've seen Season I a bazillion times - it seems... So this time, I've started off with Season 2 (which I've only seen once)... The funniest part is that the girls are so addicted to it too. I cannot WAIT for Season 4 to start - sadly - I am also afraid to see all the changes that will occur in Season 4 too. If you have never watched this show - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!! It has become my ALL TIME FAVORITE! Nothing compares.

I will be in my sewing room all day today... I hope to have a nice progress picture for all of you tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

D~
Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #1001
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 9 Part J

The girls and I left Magic Kingdom at 8:45pm.

We rode the bus back to FQ... We actually rode with a guest we had ridden with before, so we all enjoyed chatting with him about our respective trips. He was there by himself - he goes solo every year - so it was fun to hear some of his stories.

We stopped by the food court to grab water for our mugs, and we also had to say goodbye to Santos... We would for sure miss him, his funny stories, and the songs he sang for us... Santos truly made our trip unique and fun! He is a great CM, and we wish him the very best!

Afterwards, we went back to our room and finished up the majority of our packing.

We were in bed by 10:45.

ME arrives for us at 10:10AM tomorrow morning.

Link to Day 10 Part A

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-25-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #1002
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

Someone posted on fb that when waiting for ME to take you back to the airport, it is called the Tragical Express.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #1003
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you are at the end of your TR so soon. Say it isn't so!!!!

Santos sounds like he is a great CM and so good to see that after some of the cranky ones you had.

Last edited by KatMark; 10-24-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #1004
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Old 10-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #1005
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

hello again

Glad you got your PP+ all straight. Makes me worry about ours next year I will be extra carefull after reading about your trouble. Don't worry you will go again, but I know the end of a vaca is always sad.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: