Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #901
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
This is such a bummer... I sure hope you are able to control it by diet. Please keep us updated.
I will. I'm still waiting on the phone call from my Dr.'s office. I was actually surprised I didn't hear from them today. Oh and of course the one thing I did last night was have a nice big bowl of ice cream!!! I figured I'd better get in one last bowl before they tell me to limit my sweet's intake.

Saw the new bag on FB and it looks great!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 10-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #902
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Another super secret project????

I'm sorry you were sore, but I'm sure that is the case with anyone when they start a program (and probably part of the reason I don't!).

Hope you had a great day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #903
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Incredible bag - as always! Are you changing the size of your UPB or is this a one time thing?

I hope your soreness is getting better.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #904
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Been following along and am saying hi! I am loving your TR! All your bags and headpieces are incredible! They seem like such a great conversation starter, especially for character meets! You seem like a fun bunch!
Hi!!! Thanks so much! Yah - the characters to love all of our bling, they tend to spend lots of time with us - which is great for us - but I always feel badly for the people in line behind us. Thanks for following along - I am glad you are enjoying my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
Taking a few minutes from my busy work day to catch up.
Hahaha... Thanks for taking the time to stop by... I know everyone is busy, so I really appreciate it.

Quote:
LOVE the bags!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Shame someone stole A's jacket. Had that happen once. I just don't get how people could do mean things.
Yah - I am still a bit angry at the senselessness of it all... This girl also stole her Ugg boots that she had JUST received for Christmas a few weeks prior from her grandparents... and the coat was a gift from them the year previous... so this person stole 2 items that meant a lot to her (and coincidentally, were items that we could normally never afford to purchase in the first place). We were able to recover her boots - but the girl would never admit to the coat... I am still very angry about it- because I am sure the coat ended up in a dumpster somewhere and Alli had to "make-do" with a much less warmer coat for the remainder of winter. I just keep telling myself, rather than a dumpster, I hope that someone who really needed it got it - and they were warm... Then it makes me feel a little bit better. This time - I am going to write all over inside the arms of both of the girls' coats, names, phone numbers, email addresses... the works. LOL

Quote:
your interaction with Push was so cute!
Thanks - it was so fun!

Quote:
We love the Main Street Characters, we also have fun interacting with them.
It was really fun meeting them... I hope to meet the rest on our next trip.

Quote:
Sorry that your workout has left you sore.
Honestly - it's OK... I know the soreness is because I am working my muscles to be more efficient - so it's a good sore.

Quote:
Another Secret Project that could take years???? Ugh, we will have to wait and see what it is.
Hahaha... Well, this Super Secret Project is not something I am making, it is something I am doing.

Quote:
Back to work I go. Have a great day!!
Thanks for stopping by - I hope you had a great day at work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I will. I'm still waiting on the phone call from my Dr.'s office. I was actually surprised I didn't hear from them today. Oh and of course the one thing I did last night was have a nice big bowl of ice cream!!! I figured I'd better get in one last bowl before they tell me to limit my sweet's intake.

Saw the new bag on FB and it looks great!!
Hahaha... I hope you licked that bowl clean - I certainly would have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Another super secret project????

I'm sorry you were sore, but I'm sure that is the case with anyone when they start a program (and probably part of the reason I don't!).

Hope you had a great day.
Yah - I think I am at my SSP limit - LOL... I don't know how much more you all can take? Hahahaha...

Well, I think you look great Kathy - If I looked half as good as you do, I wouldn't need to work out either.

I hope you had a great day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Incredible bag - as always! Are you changing the size of your UPB or is this a one time thing?

I hope your soreness is getting better.
Thanks - nope - this was just a one time thing. I had quilted this bag to be one of my own park bags, and I'd wanted it slightly bigger... So, that's why this one is 2" wider than normal. When I didn't use it for my own, it worked out really well for this theme - so I decided to use it.

Well, that soreness is getting better - but I worked a different area of my body yesterday - so now that one is sore. I am sure it will be this way over the next few weeks... I am starting to get used to it though.

Sorry for not getting bag photos posted yesterday. I was able to get a quick reveal photo posted on FB, but I still need to take "real" pictures today... I need to do that right away this morning.

I also need to work out... As I said above, I worked a different area of my body yesterday - and now it's pretty sore this morning. I've done a bit of reasearch, and I've found that it's called DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) which is quite normal when you start lifting heavier weights... which the ones I am lifting are not that heavy - but they are for me. So, this soreness that I am getting is totally natural and it's a good sign that I am working my muscles.

I also have to run up to BFF's house today... I need to grab a few items at the natural foods store - and the closest one is near her. While I am there, I need to stop at JoAnn's (grrr...) and get some quilt batting.

I hope to have all of this finished by noon...

Then I need to come home and rip apart that item I am making for my coworker... I've been procrastinating on it all week... I hope to get it ripped apart and fixed (Tess gave me some great ideas to help me out) and finished by tomorrow. We will see...

I hope you all have a wonderful day today... I also want to add, my friend Tess (Iamthequeen) - her neice needs extra prayers today, so if you are so inclined, a few extra prayers sent her way would be great!

D~
Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #905
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Always have Kat in my prayers!!

I'm itching for an update here!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #906
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Saying prayers for Tess' niece
Old 10-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #907
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Geppetto & Pinocchio wide UPB

Again, sorry I didn't get these posted yesterday...

This was a super fun bag for me to make... I really, really wanted to do a Pinocchio bag, but I just love this scene where Geppetto is creating Pinocchio...

I think I was able to capture the "labor of love" in Geppetto's face while still creating the "blank stare" in Pinocchio... I am still kind of shocked that I was able to create two different expressions on one applique.

As you can probably tell, this bag is wider than an original UPB... 2" wider to be exact... This is not something I would normally do - but I can always adjust the size of the UPB to fit anyone's preferences.

Anyways... Here's the photos...

D~
Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #908
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Once again a great bag. You really got the expression on both Geppetto and Pinocchio

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #909
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

That's another beautiful bag!! Try to have some protein like a piece of cheese or some yogurt after your workout. It will help your muscles repair themselves faster.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #910
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great bag, D. I love Pinocchio!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #911
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I love the Pinocchio bag!

I bought fabric from JoAnn's for my first class sewing project, and after preparing the fabric it has holes in the middle of the fabric. My washing machine doesn't even have an agitator, so I don't think that was the problem. Do you have a recommendation on where to buy fabric? I hope it's okay that I am asking!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #913
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

First of all, thanks D~ for mentioning Kat in your TR. She is having surgery as I type this to remove her colon. The inflamatory colitis has spread so much and medication was not helping. That said, Kat is one of the strongest fighters I've ever seen. She does not let anything get her down and is looking forward to getting back to a normal life. She apparently had a mini-stroke last week, but has suffered no ill effects from it.

She managed to wrap a gift for her dad and signed her name on the card with each hand. Her right hand is still not 100%, but is getting there. This is residual from the first stroke that she had earlier this year.

D~ if the suggestions I made don't seem to be working pm me.

The Geppeto bag is awesome. Wish I had the funds available right now, but they seem to be tied up in another Disney project!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #914
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Because I am too lazy to look it up...what is the name of the CD you have with the Disney parks music on it?

Trying to load our iPods today...

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #915
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

I love geppetto! you know why...