Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #886
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Hey! I was only a couple of pages behind!!! YAY ME!

like you i am not a tea cup fan. i wish i was because it is one the the memories i have with my Dad in Disney 1978!!! Just can't do it... A- needs to step up here and start posting some pictures/videos the ones she has on Facebook are impressive.

the meets and greets! HOLY COW! you have a plenty! i cannot wait to meet Merida. she. is. awesome.

the CM on main street... well i think your looking at him:
Josh.. be afraid be very afraid!

I am IN LOVE with little V's dress!!!

sorry about the ears falling off! awesome she is fixing them, but V really wore them with PRIDE! i cannot wait FOR THIS!!!! i will be doing the same while SHOWING MY DISNEY SIDE!

also wanted to throw out how much i love the shirt with the mickey head with Jimney!!! SWEET!!!!

I hope to stay caught up now?!?!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #887
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

The guy on Main Street was Scoop. The news reporter. I had just ran into you when he came up and grabbed your arm and started walking with you. I thought it was a fun interaction. Marissa and I had just seen the Lady Suffragette and the Fire Chief drove by while we were with Scoop. I guess the Mayor was somewhere across the street. I really enjoyed the Main Street characters.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #888
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys had some wonderful meet and greets that last day! Awesome too that you had two unplanned DIS meets.

I'v never seen that guy on Main Street before. I really need to spend more time there rather than run right past to get to the other lands!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #889
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Holy Schmoley, I had some catching up to do!! But I am all caught up now. No way can I comment on EVERYTHING, but here are a few thoughts I jotted down as I scrolled:

*your dress is beyond FABULOUS!!! OMGoodness, you look absolutely stunning in it! Great job on the dress, and A did a great job photographing you! Does Josh like to keep photos of you on his personage? Because those are gorgeous!

*the ride photos from Buzz and Space Mountain are hilarious! Ya'll are awesome!

*LOVE the PUSH experience you had! Buggar gum!!!

*the delighted look on Alice's face while observing V's headband is so cute! Can I just make a side comment about the headbands? They are adorable, truly they are! But every time you refer to them as "headgear" I can only think of the contraptions folks used to wear with braces years ago...think Darla from Finding Nemo!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #890
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention in one of your last updates that I'm so glad you had such a good meet with "Push." We had one back in 2011 (I think that was the year of Mark's surgery) and it was so much fun.

Love the pictures with the Fairy Godmother...isn't she the best?

And great photos with Merida as well.

Glad you got to have some additional time with your DIS buddies.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #891
Terkina
DIS Veteran

What luck that everyone made it back in time to meet Merida. How great that you met Erin and little V again. Sounds like you had a good time together.

Today we got this winters first snow. We got almost 2 inch of snow so I'm very happy that I got my tires on the car changed last week so I can drive now.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Old 10-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #892
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #893
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I spent mine packing. Got most of my stuff laid out and got the dogs completely packed for their stay at the "doggie spa" as we call it. 5 days to go!!
DH calls it "Doggy Day Care" or "Doggy Day Camp"

Yeah for extra supplies. And for something coming out well. I revisited a WIP and after a couple of lines of stitching decided it was not up to snuff (and it totally isn't) and am now piecing together another. So, I'm actually sewing!

Can't wait to see what the auction piece is. I've got no ideas from the teaser pictures on FB.

Big V and Little V being friends is so cute.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #894
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Little V's dress is just precious! Kudos to Erin!

Boy, that Fairy Godmother is a good sport standing out in the heat in that outfit. Eesh. All of the characters wear pretty heavy clothing though now that I think about it.

That guy is Scoop Sanderson The Main Street Gazette reporter. Aren't the Characters of Main Street fun?

How sweet that Big V had Little V sign the back of her pillow.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #895
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
All good thoughts coming your way. Please let us know what happens. Good luck.
Thank you. I do have an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way today. I hope it goes well and it's painless. I had to do the 3 hour glucose test when I was pregnant with Alli too - it really sucked.
Sorry you woke up so sore! Hope you were able to get the pain under control. Glad you got so much done one your auction bag.

I had to do the 3 hour with Sarah also and it did suck!!

So I went in this morning for my glucose test. They told me to eat a half a sandwich with a glass of milk at 10 pm last night so I did. I got to the lab and had my first draw at 8 am. Then I had to wait. This number had to come back under 95 and well it didn't. So they called the rest of the test off (hadn't given me the drink yet, had to wait for the first result). I was sent home and am now waiting to hear back from my Dr. so I can schedule an appointment with a nutritionist. I was able to get my lab result on line and my number was 100. So I'm hoping that since my number wasn't too far over where it needed to be we'll be able to control it by diet. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens. Thank you!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #896
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a good sewing day. Good job on the applique stitching!

I am sorry your shoulders are so sore. That’s why I hate working out – it HURTS! Please be careful and try not to overdo it.

How wonderful you were able to meet up again with Erin. I’m glad you had such a good interaction with TFGM.

Looks like someone had some “ga-ga” eyes over Bert, Andrew Bition, Scoop, whoever he is!

How sweet that Big V had Little V sign her pillowcase. I bet that made Little V feel quite special.

Ladylyons, I hope the nutritionist is able to get everything under control. Please keep us updated.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #897
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

You have so many dismeets that we need to create a queue for people to greet YOU! That's awesome that you were able to meet up with Shannon, and Erin and little V.

We've always had great interaction with the Fairy Godmother. She's so delightful and typically there's short lines to see her. Merida is a new favorite of ours.

That Citizen of Main Street dude (Andrew?) looks like a lot of fun. I've not seen him before. At least he made you laugh. That is a great photo of you with him.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #898
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Bert from Mary Poppins?

That's who I thought it was when I saw the picture. And he was close to Mary Poppins.

Just a thought.

<ETA> Changing my guess. I think it's Main Street Character Andrew Bition.

Just downloaded the Character Locator from Kenny the Pirate, and that's what it looks like.
Well - I knew that Shannon had told me who he was - but I couldn't remember and I didn't write it down. LOL

Your trip is coming quickly... Any updates on your furlough status? I've been thinking of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Hey! I was only a couple of pages behind!!! YAY ME!
That's because I am a nice friend and took it easy on you this weekend.

Quote:
like you i am not a tea cup fan. i wish i was because it is one the the memories i have with my Dad in Disney 1978!!! Just can't do it... A- needs to step up here and start posting some pictures/videos the ones she has on Facebook are impressive.
I know she does - but she has been so busy... between her honors classes and all her other homework - not to mention, she took a few photo shoots (3 sets of Senior pictures) and she has a family photo shoot coming up next weekend... She is a busy girl!

Quote:
the meets and greets! HOLY COW! you have a plenty! i cannot wait to meet Merida. she. is. awesome.
I don't think we would have done half as many if we wouldn't have had that pillow case with us. LOL

Quote:
the CM on main street... well i think your looking at him
Josh.. be afraid be very afraid!
Pfft...

Quote:
I am IN LOVE with little V's dress!!!
Isn't it adorable??? I love it too!

Quote:
sorry about the ears falling off! awesome she is fixing them, but V really wore them with PRIDE! i cannot wait FOR THIS!!!! i will be doing the same while SHOWING MY DISNEY SIDE!
Yes she did - it was soo fun!

Quote:
also wanted to throw out how much i love the shirt with the mickey head with Jimney!!! SWEET!!!!

I hope to stay caught up now?!?!
Hahaha... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
The guy on Main Street was Scoop. The news reporter. I had just ran into you when he came up and grabbed your arm and started walking with you. I thought it was a fun interaction. Marissa and I had just seen the Lady Suffragette and the Fire Chief drove by while we were with Scoop. I guess the Mayor was somewhere across the street. I really enjoyed the Main Street characters.
Yes Shannon! Now I remember! He was the only MS character we saw - but you are right - I forgot he just walked up to me and grabbed my arm and started walking with me... LOL So glad we ran into you one more time before we left - I like this picture much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Looks like you guys had some wonderful meet and greets that last day! Awesome too that you had two unplanned DIS meets.

I'v never seen that guy on Main Street before. I really need to spend more time there rather than run right past to get to the other lands!
We did have a great last day - it was a FULL one!

I had never seen any of the Main Street characters prior to this either - I wasn't quite sure who they were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Holy Schmoley, I had some catching up to do!! But I am all caught up now. No way can I comment on EVERYTHING, but here are a few thoughts I jotted down as I scrolled:
Welcome home Oopsi! Happy to have you back!

Quote:
*your dress is beyond FABULOUS!!! OMGoodness, you look absolutely stunning in it! Great job on the dress, and A did a great job photographing you! Does Josh like to keep photos of you on his personage? Because those are gorgeous!
Thanks so much!!! I just love how it all turned out!

Quote:
*the ride photos from Buzz and Space Mountain are hilarious! Ya'll are awesome!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
*LOVE the PUSH experience you had! Buggar gum!!!
Yah - the buggar gum conversation was quite hilarious!

Quote:
*the delighted look on Alice's face while observing V's headband is so cute! Can I just make a side comment about the headbands? They are adorable, truly they are! But every time you refer to them as "headgear" I can only think of the contraptions folks used to wear with braces years ago...think Darla from Finding Nemo!
Hahaha... Yah - I probably shouldn't refer to them as that, but - they were so fun and so fun to wear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I forgot to mention in one of your last updates that I'm so glad you had such a good meet with "Push." We had one back in 2011 (I think that was the year of Mark's surgery) and it was so much fun.
Thanks Kathy - so happy we finally got to meet him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the pictures with the Fairy Godmother...isn't she the best?

And great photos with Merida as well.

Glad you got to have some additional time with your DIS buddies.
TFGM was just awesome! She is so sweet! And we loved Merida too... I can't remember what the conversation was with her - but we were there for a little while.

And of course - I loved meeting all of my Dis friends - they add so much to my trips... and so far, the girls have loved all of them and formed their own friendships with them... Which is really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
What luck that everyone made it back in time to meet Merida. How great that you met Erin and little V again. Sounds like you had a good time together.
Hi Lillian!!! IT's great to see you! We did have a great time together - it was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Today we got this winters first snow. We got almost 2 inch of snow so I'm very happy that I got my tires on the car changed last week so I can drive now.
Snow... Yikes... Not looking forward to it - but it's that time of year - the weather is starting to turn colder here too... I hope it stays away until AFTER Thanksgiving. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
DH calls it "Doggy Day Care" or "Doggy Day Camp"

Yeah for extra supplies. And for something coming out well. I revisited a WIP and after a couple of lines of stitching decided it was not up to snuff (and it totally isn't) and am now piecing together another. So, I'm actually sewing!
Happy to hear you are sewing!!! I bet it feels great to be back at it!

Quote:
Can't wait to see what the auction piece is. I've got no ideas from the teaser pictures on FB.
I hope to get the photos up this morning before I have to leave for work.

Quote:
Big V and Little V being friends is so cute.
I agree! They are both so cute together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Little V's dress is just precious! Kudos to Erin!
We think so too!

Quote:
Boy, that Fairy Godmother is a good sport standing out in the heat in that outfit. Eesh. All of the characters wear pretty heavy clothing though now that I think about it.
They tried to keep her in the shade as much as possible... It was getting to be frightfully hot that day.

Quote:
That guy is Scoop Sanderson The Main Street Gazette reporter. Aren't the Characters of Main Street fun?
It was fun meeting him - I hope to seek out the rest of the MS characters some day.

Quote:
How sweet that Big V had Little V sign the back of her pillow.
It was very sweet... and it's so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Thank you. I do have an update.

Sorry you woke up so sore! Hope you were able to get the pain under control. Glad you got so much done one your auction bag.

I had to do the 3 hour with Sarah also and it did suck!!

So I went in this morning for my glucose test. They told me to eat a half a sandwich with a glass of milk at 10 pm last night so I did. I got to the lab and had my first draw at 8 am. Then I had to wait. This number had to come back under 95 and well it didn't. So they called the rest of the test off (hadn't given me the drink yet, had to wait for the first result). I was sent home and am now waiting to hear back from my Dr. so I can schedule an appointment with a nutritionist. I was able to get my lab result on line and my number was 100. So I'm hoping that since my number wasn't too far over where it needed to be we'll be able to control it by diet. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens. Thank you!
This is such a bummer... I sure hope you are able to control it by diet. Please keep us updated.

Quote:
Sounds like you had a good sewing day. Good job on the applique stitching!
Thanks!

Quote:
I am sorry your shoulders are so sore. That’s why I hate working out – it HURTS! Please be careful and try not to overdo it.
They were starting to feel better yesterday, then last night my quads hit me... LOL At least I am a train wreck with different parts hurting at different times.

Quote:
How wonderful you were able to meet up again with Erin. I’m glad you had such a good interaction with TFGM.
Yes! We were all so thrilled when she pulled up!

Quote:
Looks like someone had some “ga-ga” eyes over Bert, Andrew Bition, Scoop, whoever he is!
Hahaha!

Quote:
How sweet that Big V had Little V sign her pillowcase. I bet that made Little V feel quite special.
It was very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
You have so many dismeets that we need to create a queue for people to greet YOU! That's awesome that you were able to meet up with Shannon, and Erin and little V.
Hahaha... I think I could say the same about you? LOL

Quote:
We've always had great interaction with the Fairy Godmother. She's so delightful and typically there's short lines to see her. Merida is a new favorite of ours.
This was our first time meeting her - and I am sure she will be one that the girls request to see again.

Quote:
That Citizen of Main Street dude (Andrew?) looks like a lot of fun. I've not seen him before. At least he made you laugh. That is a great photo of you with him.
You'll have to seek out the Main Street characters... I plan to on our next trip - they seem so fun!

I finished my auction bag yesterday - YAY!!! I had every intention of making a wallet with it, but then I got sidetraced by ANOTHER Super Secret Project... This will be a FUN one... But it may take me YEARS to finish.

I am still a bit sore from my new work out - but today is my next day scheduled for it - so I need to do it before I head out to Target for the day.

Last night, I made eggplant parmesan for dinner - I've never made eggplant in my life before, we were all shocked that it turned out really well.

We watched Para-Norman last night... Interesting movie... Not sure that it's appropriate for little kids though - even though it's a cartoon.

I hope to have pictures of my newest bag posted today... as long as it's light enough to take pictures before I have to leave for work.

Have a great day everyone!

D~
Old 10-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #899
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Been following along and am saying hi! I am loving your TR! All your bags and headpieces are incredible! They seem like such a great conversation starter, especially for character meets! You seem like a fun bunch!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #900
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

Taking a few minutes from my busy work day to catch up.
LOVE the bags!!
Shame someone stole A's jacket. Had that happen once. I just don't get how people could do mean things.
your interaction with Push was so cute!
We love the Main Street Characters, we also have fun interacting with them.
Sorry that your workout has left you sore.
Another Secret Project that could take years???? Ugh, we will have to wait and see what it is.

Back to work I go. Have a great day!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: