Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #871
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

How are you feeling these days? Any better?

My co-worker came over and tried on the item I am making for her. I am sad to say that the measurments she gave me were either off - or she put on weight since she had them taken... GRRR... I will have to let this item out - and even then - I am not sure it will fit her. I am very annoyed by this, because I made it a size bigger according to the measurments she gave me... And I can only let it out so much. I have no idea what I am going to do??? What would you do?

I spent some time online in the afternoon looking for a different coat for Alli... I was able to find almost her exact coat that was stolen, I found it in Cabella's Bargain Cave, it was only $20 more than I had wanted to spend. I did grab it, because I was worried it would sell out, and it was the closest thing I could find that fit her criteria and my price range. I did not tell her I got it - but this is the last one I am buying for her to try out - after this, she is on her own.

D~
Hi D! As far as your co worker's garment goes, I'm not exactly sure what you are making for her, but is it something you could add something like a "panel" to? if it is a skirt, that probably wouldn't be too difficult. If it is a shirt, perhaps you could add in a different material at the sides? Good luck!

Whatever happened to the stain on the UP purse? Did it come out?

WHOOT on finding the coat! That is so great to hear! I've never heard of Cabella's. I think I will have to head on over and have a look.

I think I am doing a little better. As much as I HATE to take any sort of medicine, I am taking meds every 2 hours instead of every hour so that's an improvement. Thanks so much for asking.

I hope you have a good day 'off' of sewing.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #872
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I can't believe the price of clothes for young adults! Coats are crazy. I am fortunate Miss M. gets a lot of hand me downs. Thankfully she is pretty good about wearing them, even knowing they are hand me downs. Once in a while she will say that some one said her clothes are so "last year". Once they said it about an adorable pair of Aurora shoes she had. She just told them , yeah, she was lucky enough to get a pair still. Other times it bothers her a little. But, I tell her, she can either spend money on clothes, or trips to WDW. WDW every time!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #873
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I love hocus pocus!

Yay fo the coat find! I ordered mine from cabellas a couple years ago. Even with shipping and duties to Canada, it was over $100 cheaper than buying in Canada.

I haven't been paying attention to the us government stuff, I hope te shut down ends soon and josh can get back to work!
Cabella's isn't always less expensive - but sometimes there are good deals to be had. Winter coats are never economical though - especially in the fall.

Thank you - Josh is working, because he is essential, but with no guarantee of when he will be paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
Hi, I just cant keep up. I posted on the disbou board for you. Hope things with Josh's work get resolved soon!
Hey! I saw that and responded. Very happy to see you! Thanks for stopping by, it was great to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
And that is why I don't take long naps - If I sleep longer than 20-30 minutes not only am I Zombie Woman for the rest of the day, but I can't get to sleep at night!
Yah - that's totally me... I didn't mean to take such a long nap... LOL

Quote:
Sounds to me like suddenly Alli is having a prolonged attack of the Teenager. - this is why I'm glad I don't have kids. Yeah, they start out cute and adorable but they always end up, at some point, a teenager - even if it's for just a little while!
Nah - she has always been sensitive about clothes... I know this - it's one area that her and I just don't agree... If you'll remember when I took her shorts shopping this spring and how ornery we both were, that when it came time to swimsuit shop - I sent BFF instead. LOL

Quote:
Good luck with the item - I try not to make anything more fitted than PJ pants for people. I hate fittings, either end of fittings, and don't want to put anyone through that with me.
Yah - I don't know what I am going to do, aside from telling her to "suck it in?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I hope the jacket works out for Allie! I feel your pain and my DD is only 5 and pulling the teenager attitude on me!! She came home from school the other day and goes "Mommy I can't wear this shirt anymore." (It was one of her favorite princess one's.) So I asked her "Why? You love that shirt." Her response was "Because B has the same one and she's always mean to me and I can't risk matching her and having people think I like her." I was just flabbergasted and just didn't know what to think and was wondering where did my sweet little girl go!! We did compromise and she'll keep the shirt and just wear it on the weekends.
LOL I remember those days too... The problem is when they get to be teens, they want everything the SAME as their friends. LOL

Quote:
Sorry about the measurements and now having to rip it apart. I don't have any advice on what you should do.
Yah - I am just going to have to send her a message and tell her my concerns... I am so annoyed about this - truly I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
That stinks about your friends custom! I've found out the hard way that it's usually easier to just start over than to try to resize something... especially if it needs to be bigger. That's why I would never sew for someone else, well that and the fact that I'm a perfectionist, and it would take me so long I would never make any money on it
I wish I could start over... I just don't have the fabric or the time... I am so annoyed that I made it a size bigger than what her measurments dictated, and it's still too small. I should have remeasured her myself - but she assured me she had JUST had her measurments done for her bridemaid dress... Grrrr.... I will let it out as far as I can - there's not much more I can do. Thankfully there is a large seam allowance in it - but I just don't think it will be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So that's where that response went! I went to the TR where that belonged and couldn't figure out why it wasn't there.

Love the pictures with Alice and on the Mad Tea Party.
Hahaha... Glad you found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Hi D! As far as your co worker's garment goes, I'm not exactly sure what you are making for her, but is it something you could add something like a "panel" to? if it is a skirt, that probably wouldn't be too difficult. If it is a shirt, perhaps you could add in a different material at the sides? Good luck!
I've been thinking of adding a panel somehow - I just don't know how it would work? I will think on it while I am making my auction bag early this week and hopefully I will come up with a solution.

Quote:
Whatever happened to the stain on the UP purse? Did it come out?
Oooh - I thought I told you all - yah BFF was able to get it out. There is some pilling to the fabric on the back of the bag (which I am not happy about - because the fabric I used was high end) - but I am contimplating remaking portions of the bag anyways, as I was not happy with how the size of the interior turned out... we will see.

Quote:
WHOOT on finding the coat That is so great to hear! I've never heard of Cabella's. I think I will have to head on over and have a look.
You'll have to check out their Bargain Cave to find most of the deals... And even then - I am not sure I would call them "deals" LOL.

Quote:
I think I am doing a little better. As much as I HATE to take any sort of medicine, I am taking meds every 2 hours instead of every hour so that's an improvement. Thanks so much for asking.

I hope you have a good day 'off' of sewing.
Very glad to hear you are doing better.... Any progress is good progress right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I can't believe the price of clothes for young adults! Coats are crazy. I am fortunate Miss M. gets a lot of hand me downs. Thankfully she is pretty good about wearing them, even knowing they are hand me downs. Once in a while she will say that some one said her clothes are so "last year". Once they said it about an adorable pair of Aurora shoes she had. She just told them , yeah, she was lucky enough to get a pair still. Other times it bothers her a little. But, I tell her, she can either spend money on clothes, or trips to WDW. WDW every time!
Yah - it is expensive... It doesn't help that the coat that was stolen was a gift from Josh's dad/step-mom... So it's not something that WE could originally afford to get for her - ya know? Had she never had that brand of coat (The North Face) - I don't think she ever would have expected to have one, but now that she's had it - she really liked it, and it's what she wants. I was just happy to have found it at a good price - and very close to my budget. Now, hopefully both of my girls will be warm this winter... And I will be writing inside both of their jackets with a Sharpie/Fabric Marker - just in case this ever happens again.

I had a very nice relaxing day yesterday.

I clipped and organized my coupons... Even though I probably won't be grocery shopping the next pay day - if there is one? I had to order ground beef - so that's where that grocery budget will be going.

Josh took V and Max out pheasant hunting... V doesn't have her gun training done yet - so she coulnd't hunt, but she could walk with him and get the feel of it.

While they were gone, my neighbor, Alli and I went to Target... I needed a few things.

Then we had our neighbors over for dinner last night - we haven't done that in almost a year - it was a lot of fun. Josh did ribs on the grill and home made french fries in the oven. Our neighbors brought baked beans and a couple of salads - it was a great meal! We used to do this all the time - especially when her DH was in Iraq - but we've really slacked over the last year or so... It's something I'd like to get into the habit of doing again. They are good friends - but sometimes it's just hard to make our schedules mesh.

I am starting a new work out program this morning... I am a bit nervous about it, but it's something I've wanted to work up to for a LONG time. I purchased a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women about a year ago - I've read it several times, but I've just never had the courage to start the program. Over the course of the last year, I've been gathering my supplies (heavy weights, an olympic bar... You know - heavy things) - and trying hard to prepare my body for what I want it to do. Now, I finally have everything I need to get started. The program is long - the first stage is 6-8 weeks... Essentially - muscles burn fat - and I want more muscles. LOL So, we will see how it goes... I still plan to do my Walk Away the Pounds 2 days/week and my Zumba... Occasionally, I will walk in the evenings... Otherwise - that's it. My goal here is to get fit - and God willing - everything else will fall into place - all in good time.

Today I will also be in my sewing room ALL day! I have 2 days to make my auction bag - I was not thinking... I should not have taken yesterday off... Thankfully I know my theme - I just have to hope I have some fabric in my stash to make it - otherwise I may have to change my theme.

Tonight I have Zumba... And then I need to book it out of there, because I have my City Council meeting as well - and only 45 minutes (and a 30 minute drive) between the two... Guaranteed, I will be going to my meeting sweaty.

I hope you all have a fantastic day today!!!

D~
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #874
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Well going to the meeting sweaty may mean it ends early????

I don't have advice for making your coworkers garment larger without knowing what is you are making, but I'd be happy to help in anyway I can. I understand your frustration over this. Its hard to believe that she just had her measurements done. I hope her bridesmaid dress fits.

Can't wait to see your auction item this week, however I will not be bidding on it because I am broke until next payday.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #875
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday.

I spent 10 hours cleaning (my refrigerator looks brand new).

Have a great day in your sewing room.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #876
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I spent mine packing. Got most of my stuff laid out and got the dogs completely packed for their stay at the "doggie spa" as we call it. 5 days to go!!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #877
Clio
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a fun weekend. I was at Target yesterday for a few things and we also went to Kohl's
Today my freezer decided to die. It was older than my daughter. I just threw away everything.
I work a half shift tonight in Wireless. I hope I remember how to do contracts. I've been in photo for so long.
Liz
Old 10-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #878
solana131
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhh....so far behind. Okay, let's see if I can get caught up here.

Crystal Palace...bleh. I tried it this year because I had heard wonderful things from lots of people on here. I was NOT impressed at all. The food was horrid. Cold and mushy was the theme the day we were there. And the character interaction was very sub par. There was hardly anyone in the place and we waited over an hour for the fluffies to come around. Then it was a quick hug, pic and go. Not even close to worth our time again

The Blue Fairy bag.....AMAZING! So simple and elegant. Very lucky person that gets to carry that one!

PUSH....still have not seen him. Next time for sure. Love your story with him. What a fun time.

I hope you weren't too stinky at your meeting tonight

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #879
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

We tried to find Push but had no luck! A cm we asked only could give us a times guide but just smiled and said she wasn't sure where he came out! So jealous you guys happened upon him!!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #880
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
LOL I remember those days too... The problem is when they get to be teens, they want everything the SAME as their friends. LOL

Yah - I am just going to have to send her a message and tell her my concerns... I am so annoyed about this - truly I am.
I'm so not looking forward to the day she becomes a teenager!! I'm already scared. That's why I'm kind of glad our newest addition is a boy!!

Sounds like that's the best you can do. Not much you can do it sounds like.

Glad you got to have dinner with your friends. Hope you had a successful day today!

Ok I'm asking for some good thoughts. I failed my first glucose test and now tomorrow I'm having to go in for the 3 hour glucose test. I'm so afraid I'm going to fail it since I'm already borderline diabetic. I'm so afraid of needles and so not looking forward to what comes with being diabetic if I do fail. My family has a history of late in life diabetes so I do have a higher risk of getting it.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
Old 10-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #881
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so not looking forward to the day she becomes a teenager!! I'm already scared. That's why I'm kind of glad our newest addition is a boy!!

Glad you got to have dinner with your friends. Hope you had a successful day today!

Ok I'm asking for some good thoughts. I failed my first glucose test and now tomorrow I'm having to go in for the 3 hour glucose test. I'm so afraid I'm going to fail it since I'm already borderline diabetic. I'm so afraid of needles and so not looking forward to what comes with being diabetic if I do fail. My family has a history of late in life diabetes so I do have a higher risk of getting it.
All good thoughts coming your way. Please let us know what happens. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #882
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

I am so happy to hear the stain got out of the UP purse. It's the pits about the pilling though.

So nice to hear you had a good dinner with your neighbors.

Best of luck on your new workout program.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #883
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Well going to the meeting sweaty may mean it ends early????
Hahaha... It did end early - so maybe that might have had something to do with it? LOL

Quote:
I don't have advice for making your coworkers garment larger without knowing what is you are making, but I'd be happy to help in anyway I can. I understand your frustration over this. Its hard to believe that she just had her measurements done. I hope her bridesmaid dress fits.
Thanks Tess - I sent you a PM.

Quote:
:Can't wait to see your auction item this week, however I will not be bidding on it because I am broke until next payday.
LOL It's turning out really awesome! I am so happy with it... It will be very hard for me to auction it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday.

I spent 10 hours cleaning (my refrigerator looks brand new).

Have a great day in your sewing room.
Oooh - I need to do that so badly... I was hoping to do it last weekend and I just never did. I also need to clean the outside of my oven... I was scrubbing my kitchen floors the other day, and I noticed that someone spilled milk nearby and it splattered all over the front of my oven... Who knows when that happened, but it will be a bugger to clean... Sigh... Stainless steel is hard enough to clean as it is... Hey... Wanna come clean my appliances??? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I spent mine packing. Got most of my stuff laid out and got the dogs completely packed for their stay at the "doggie spa" as we call it. 5 days to go!!
YAY!!!!!!!! 4 days now!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Glad you had a fun weekend. I was at Target yesterday for a few things and we also went to Kohl's
Today my freezer decided to die. It was older than my daughter. I just threw away everything.
I work a half shift tonight in Wireless. I hope I remember how to do contracts. I've been in photo for so long.
Liz
Oh no!!! Such a bummer about your freezer! I am always worried that will happen to us - especially right after we fill it. I hope you didn't have to throw too much away.

I hope you had a good night at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Ahhhhh....so far behind. Okay, let's see if I can get caught up here.
Hi Suzi!!! I haven't done a lot of updates... I am hoping that some of my faithful readers can catch up a little... However - I will be doing another update today.

Quote:
Crystal Palace...bleh. I tried it this year because I had heard wonderful things from lots of people on here. I was NOT impressed at all. The food was horrid. Cold and mushy was the theme the day we were there. And the character interaction was very sub par. There was hardly anyone in the place and we waited over an hour for the fluffies to come around. Then it was a quick hug, pic and go. Not even close to worth our time again
Breakfast - first thing in the morning - is much better, I would assume. I have never been there for dinner. I am so sorry your experiance was less than stellar.

Quote:
The Blue Fairy bag.....AMAZING! So simple and elegant. Very lucky person that gets to carry that one!
Thank you!

Quote:
PUSH....still have not seen him. Next time for sure. Love your story with him. What a fun time.
I hope you get to meet him - Bradey would just love him!

Quote:
I hope you weren't too stinky at your meeting tonight
Hahaha... I don't think I was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
We tried to find Push but had no luck! A cm we asked only could give us a times guide but just smiled and said she wasn't sure where he came out! So jealous you guys happened upon him!!
Yah - I am not sure the CMs ever know where to find him? We asked last year - and each CM said a differnt location... LOL So, we criss-crossed all over Tomorrowland with no luck... So happy we found him this year!

Quote:
It is scary - but also wonderful... It's so amazing to see them turn into adults, yet very, very scary. Did I just totally repeat myself? LOL

Quote:

I will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way today. I hope it goes well and it's painless. I had to do the 3 hour glucose test when I was pregnant with Alli too - it really sucked.

Quote:
I am so happy to hear the stain got out of the UP purse. It's the pits about the pilling though.

So nice to hear you had a good dinner with your neighbors.

Best of luck on your new workout program.
Thank you! Yah - I am so happy about it too... I think the pilling was more from her lotion than it was from the fabric - had she not had it on, I think the fabric would have been OK.

Well, I had a great day yesterday...

I worked all day in my sewing room with out a break. I went up there right away at 8am, with the intention of quilting my auction bag. When I got up there - I realized I was almost out of quilt batting... GRRRRR... I should have remembered to pick some up. SHOOT! Then, I remembered that I had quilted a bag for myself to carry on our latest trip - and I had never made the bag... Even though the theme I wanted to do for the auction bag was not the theme I had intended to use for that bag - it worked perfectly with it. Cool! So, then I was ahead of myself... Until I picked out the applique and realized it was a pretty difficult one... I didn't get it all cut out and pieced until almost 1pm... YIKES! So, I took a quick lunch and went straight back upstairs to start stitching it out... Miraculously - I was almost able to finish stitching it yesterday- I have about an hour of stitching left to do this morning. With any luck - I will finish this bag today. I am still debating on doing a wallet with it? As it is, it will be an expensive bag - and I feel like adding a wallet to it will make it even more... We'll see what I have time to do...

I started my new work out program yesterday morning. I was starting to feel some left shoulder pain yesterday afternoon. With this program, you are not supposed to work out, other than what is in the program - unless you do some walking or easier things... So, Zumba isn't considered OK... But I already paid for it - and it's only once/week. So, I went... and I tried really hard not to work my arms too much... But by the time I came home - my left shoulder was really sore. I went to my meeting and when I came home from that, I took some ibuprofen and iced it as I was falling asleep. I woke this morning to BOTH shoulders hurting... Grrrr... I was planning to do my WATP this morning, I probably still will - but I won't do any of the arm work at all. I am sure my muscle soreness is just from working my muscles harder, and not from any sort of injury... but I really want it to heal. So, I plan to be very careful over the next few days.

I don't really have anything else to share with you all today. I hope you all have a great day... I plan to do an update right away this morning.

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-15-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #884
DMGeurts

Day 9 Part F

When I left you all, Alli and I had just finished our ride on the carousel, and we met V in line for the Fairy Godmother...

As we were standing there - who rolls up??? Erin (NannyE)!!! Yay!!! I was so happy to see her and little V... I still felt horrible that we had to leave the dessert party early that first night, and we had not run into them again since.

We chatted with Erin for quite a while... Little V was so cute in her custom dress Erin had made... Alli asked if she could take little V on a carousel ride while we were waiting for TFGM, and Erin said she could...

Even after their ride on the carousel - we had to wait longer to meet TFGM - so we killed time by taking a few pictures and the girls played on the Castle steps...

And I finally got a GOOD Dismeet picture with Erin!!! YAY!!!

After a long wait - we were able to meet TFGM... She was so sweet and one of the best character interactions we had over the course of the trip.

I have lots of pictures of Little V - but I will let Erin post those when she does her TR.

After we met TFGM, we went to line up for Merida... This line was SUPER LONG - so we told the girls they could go ride the Tea Cups while we waited in line for them... No sooner did they leave and the line moved - it moved big time! YIKES - all of a sudden we were in the walls... So, Erin went with her scooter to tell the girls to get back in line, and I just stayed in line... A short time later, the girls came back, but Erin did not - they never found eachother. Sigh... Finally, Erin came back to us and we were all reunited - before we met Merida. PHEW!!! I was really nervous, because we had V and had no idea where Erin was. That was too close! We got some great Photopass pics with Merida and all the girls.

For the record, by this time on our last day, both of V's custom Monster's Inc ears fell. Jen had seen this in a photo I had posted on FB - and she offered to fix them right away... She said she had tweeked her technique a bit since making these (these were her first ones). Jen is so sweet, it was so nice of her to offer to fix them for us.

All three girls got along so well - they were great friends in a matter of minutes. Little V was just so adorable!! We love her!

When we finished with Merida, we decided it was getting hot (REALLY HOT!) and we'd exit the park...

On our way out... I ran into this guy... I think he is - shoot, I don't remember who he is??? He was very funny, every photo I have of him is me looking at him... He kept saying funny things as the CM was snapping the picture.

Then, I ran into Shannon again (Or did I run into Shannon first? I don't remember... LOL), so we were able to snap a much better Dismeet photo...

But we happened upon another character on the way out... So, we had to stop...

Erin and V rode the bus with us back to FQ... They exited there and scootered back to POR... We said our good-byes at the bus stop, but not before Big V had Little V autograph the back of her pillow case... To this day - Little V is the only signature there. So sweet! The girls were very fast friends, I do hope our paths cross again some day... We really enjoyed spending a few hours with Erin and Little V.

The girls and I returned to our room, we napped until 3pm, we woke and I began packing a little bit. Less than 24 hours left of our trip, but so much left to do!

Link to Day 9 Part G

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-18-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #885
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On our way out... I ran into this guy... I think he is - shoot, I don't remember who he is??? He was very funny, every photo I have of him is me looking at him... He kept saying funny things as the CM was snapping the picture.

Bert from Mary Poppins?

That's who I thought it was when I saw the picture. And he was close to Mary Poppins.

Just a thought.

<ETA> Changing my guess. I think it's Main Street Character Andrew Bition.

Just downloaded the Character Locator from Kenny the Pirate, and that's what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!

Last edited by LadyBeBop; 10-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: