Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #856
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, I'm behind again (sorry). Beautiful pictures throughout World Showcase.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #857
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Who? Who did you see?

We love Monsters Inc. Laugh floor. DH was the random dancing guy once. It was great fun.

I love the Blue Fairy bag. I didn't even get a chance to sign up for the wait list for custom as I had (yet another) funeral. Oh well, next time.

Loving your TR. How do you remember everything. I took some notes and still forget stuff. lol Then I read you or someone elses and say... oh yeah, I forgot to mention we did.. XYZ also.

Love that you rode the carousel and YES every time we go on those we all always comment on how big they are.

sorry DD isn't getting the loving she was hoping for. I think sometimes they don't show it to the older kids for some reason. I hate that.

Okay... I have to sneak out of here & get on to some others TR's I am behind, and swore I was going to finish my own before I commented on others, but... I just can't seem to...

d-o i-ttttttttttt.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #858
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

It looks like it was another fun day!

Ugh, I would be standing right beside you WATCHING the tea cups instead of RIDING on them. Nothing makes me toss my cookies faster than the tea cups!

What a bummer for missing the cutoff to see the Godmother. Isn't that the way it always works?

It's also a bummer about V not getting noticed at MI. I hope she wasn't too upset about it.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #859
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Sorry to hear about Josh. I have a few friends that are going through this furlough too so I know it can be hard. I just hope everyone is able to get back to work and soon.

I hope your able to talk the girls into coordinating skirts so you can get the picture you want. That's one thing I try to do every year for Jeff. I always get the kids Christmas pictures taken and get one of all of us for DH too. Then whenever we can we try to get a full family one also.

Sorry V didn't get the attention she deserved. She did look great!!! Fun that Alice at least acknowledged your customs!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #860
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Midori said thanks for the Birthday Wish
You're very welcome Midori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yep, 8 days and counting!!
Make that 7...

Quote:
Sorry to hear the government shut down is affecting you. I totally understand since I work for local government. So far we have been ok, just a few federal grants that are not reimbursing but they are minor. Our biggest worry is the Senior meals program. If the shut down continues, we will run out of money for that program mid November.
It's OK - we are just being very cautious at this point...

Quote:
I can't believe that V didn't get acknowledged for her gear at the Monster's Inc show. I think though that they may pick on people who are trying not to get noticed. I'm usually ducking and hiding and while I've never been picked for a part, I have been put up on the screen at the beginning.
Hahaha... Well, I don't think she was "trying" to get noticed... I think she was "expecting" to get noticed. LOL But I agree with you totally... I do think they try to pick on people who least expect it.

Quote:
Oh, and that would be great if the last day went to part M or N! More for us to read.
Hahaha... Well, I still have so much that happened to us this day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
For the photos, could you look into getting Alli a wireless shutter release? She could set the shots and then join in. Just a thought!
Possibly - I have looked into them before, but I kind of forgot about it.

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear your family is being impacted by the shutdown.
It's OK - at this point we are just being cautious... HOpefully it ends soon though.

Quote:
I hope you'll post a picture of V's pillow with all of the signatures. It looks like she got a ton!
Yup - I will for sure! It turned out super cool!

Quote:
I'm guessing you saw a DISer while waiting for the fairy godmother?
Maybe??? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
okay totally caught up now.

I have to stop looking and buying fabric. I have so many ideas and so little time. It is very good Sami is a girl.
Hahaha... I can sooo relate!!! I am so happy that Sami is so good for you - that makes it so much easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I made it on camera at Monsters, Inc once. It was both fun and embarrassing. My husband was once chosen to be an actor on stage at one of the shows at HS. He even got to wear a costume. That was great. And our son got chosen twice to play the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game at HS, but he never got past winning a bunch of pins and a tee shirt or something. All of that stuff just makes such wonderful memories, no wonder people keep returning to WDW.
That's awesome!!! I agree - all of it is just amazing family memories!

Quote:
I love Victoria's outfit for this day. Did you make the skirt? She matches the colors of Fantasyland. You must have planned it that way.
Thank you! I did make it - but she designed it... Here's the link to more details about it from my PTR... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2891

Quote:
I never knew PUSH existed before I found the Dis. I'll have to look for him. Do you think that the garbage can is a robot controlled by someone far away rather than having a small person inside?
Yes, he is controlled by a guy with a "man bag"... he has a little microphone that he speaks into that talks for Push and some sort of game controller to move him around... I know there are photos of some of Push's "friends" on The Dis... and also on Google... Just do an image search for Push the Talking Trash Can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
V's outfit is so cute. Don't know how Allie kept from getting sick ridding and watching through the view finder Looks like a great time.
Thanks! I have no idea how she does it either? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
D~ sorry for the hijack, but I know more people read your trip report than mine - lol.

Apparently Kat suffered another stroke yesterday, while at a pre-op appointment for her colectomy surgery, which was scheduled for Monday.

The good news from her father is:
(I copied this from his facebook post).

"Ok update on Katriana, they gave her the clot busters and she responded well. In fact other than some residual, and diminishing, numbness in her left cheek, she is otherwise fine.

They have her in the ICU for now to make sure she doesn't develop an intestinal bleed because of the clot drugs. Her colectomy surgery has been postponed, maybe until Thursday or later."

Your continued prayers for this courageous young lady are deeply appreciated. Kat is still a fighter and is coping as well as before with this additional setback.
Thank you so much for the update Tess, I will be keeping Kat in our prayers. Such a courageous girl, and such a fighter - with set back after set back, she continues to fight... Please keep us updated as you can. Many hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, I'm behind again (sorry). Beautiful pictures throughout World Showcase.
Hi Kathy... I am thinking that maybe this should have been posted in someone else's TR? No worries - I know you have had a rough few days - just know I am thinking of you and you have my continued prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Who? Who did you see?
Hmmm...

Quote:
We love Monsters Inc. Laugh floor. DH was the random dancing guy once. It was great fun.
Hahaha....

Quote:
I love the Blue Fairy bag. I didn't even get a chance to sign up for the wait list for custom as I had (yet another) funeral. Oh well, next time.
Thank you... So sorry for your loss - I think I may have missed that in your TR?

Quote:
Loving your TR. How do you remember everything. I took some notes and still forget stuff. lol Then I read you or someone elses and say... oh yeah, I forgot to mention we did.. XYZ also.
I carry a journal with me, and I write in it every day - or sometimes twice a day if we take a break. It really helps when we get home, because I would never remember everything otherwise.

Quote:
Love that you rode the carousel and YES every time we go on those we all always comment on how big they are.
I can't believe how hUGE they are!

Quote:
sorry DD isn't getting the loving she was hoping for. I think sometimes they don't show it to the older kids for some reason. I hate that.
It's OK - but that is true... WDW is a totally different experience with older kids. I wish it wasn't that way - especially when the older kids have just as much magic left inside as the little ones do... Oh well...

Quote:
Okay... I have to sneak out of here & get on to some others TR's I am behind, and swore I was going to finish my own before I commented on others, but... I just can't seem to...

d-o i-ttttttttttt.
Yes - you need to finish yours too!

Quote:
It looks like it was another fun day!
It was!

Quote:
Ugh, I would be standing right beside you WATCHING the tea cups instead of RIDING on them. Nothing makes me toss my cookies faster than the tea cups!
I know the feeling... LOL

Quote:
What a bummer for missing the cutoff to see the Godmother. Isn't that the way it always works?
LOL It's OK... Seems to happen to us all of the time...

Quote:
It's also a bummer about V not getting noticed at MI. I hope she wasn't too upset about it.
She wasn't too upset - she was having a good time... I do think that her love for the MI characters has faded a bit due to our poor interactions with all of them this trip... Oh well, she does have lots more favorites... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Sorry to hear about Josh. I have a few friends that are going through this furlough too so I know it can be hard. I just hope everyone is able to get back to work and soon.
It's OK, for the time being - as long as this doesn't drag on for too long...

Quote:
I hope your able to talk the girls into coordinating skirts so you can get the picture you want. That's one thing I try to do every year for Jeff. I always get the kids Christmas pictures taken and get one of all of us for DH too. Then whenever we can we try to get a full family one also.
I hope so too... I used to match them all the time when they were little - it was so much fun... I miss those days a lot.

Quote:
Sorry V didn't get the attention she deserved. She did look great!!! Fun that Alice at least acknowledged your customs!
It's OK... We still had fun - and so many other characters really enjoyed them.

Well, I started off yesterday morning at BFF's house at about 9am... We went to the mall first...

I had to return Alli's winter coat that I'd ordered a few weeks ago (she didn't like it... Sigh... BIG sigh... and story of my life...) and also a swim suit I'd ordered for her - which she didn't like either. I also looked at the exact replacement for the coat which was stolen last year... OMG! $220... YIKES - not happening right now. I told her last night, we could pitch in $100, but that's all we could do... I feel badly - since it wasn't her fault the coat was stolen in the first place, but with this govt. shutdown still going full force, I just can't spend that much right now. It really makes me mad about her coat all over again.

OK... get over it...

Then BFF and I went to Old Navy... Didn't get anything...

Went to Hollister - I did find lots of really great deals - but I only bought one thing... It was a button up shirt that V really wanted earlier this year... It was marked down and then another -60% at the register... It was originally a $60 shirt, I purchased for $8.80... It's going in the Christmas bin.

Oh and then to Victoria's Secret... I had another free panty coupon... Which is driving BFF CRAZY! LOL I used to be on their coupon list - and some how I stopped getting them... Then about 3 months ago, I started getting them again? BFF has been trying to get on their coupon mailing list for years, with no success... So, now I even hate bringing it up that I have another one...

Finally - we went to Target to begin my grocery shopping... I told BFF, when I walked in there - "I just need a few things out of the cooler section..." Hahaha... Since when does that ever work out? Once I started walking down the aisles - I started "remembering" all of this stuff we "needed"... YIKES! My total started at $235... After my Team Member discount, coupons, Cartwheel and Target check card discount, I paid $153. Not too bad... I really would have preferred it to be around $75...

We stopped at Papa Murphys, and I grabbed 2 of the new pan pizzas for dinner last night - they were pretty good - but VERY greasy... I couldn't eat any more than 2 pieces - which is good.

We also stopped at the grocery store... I didn't even grab a cart - I just grabbed the hand full of items I needed and we were out of the store in less than 10 minutes...

Then I dropped off BFF and I came home to put groceries away... I really need to clean out the upstairs fridge... I think this weekend will be "leftover" weekend, we have SOOOO MANY leftovers in there - it's crazy! It's sad that I had to put a lot of stuff in the downstairs fridge, just beause I didn't have the room upstairs.

Last night, we had our neighbors over for beer/wine... My neighbor and I had the bottle of Cranberry/Rhubarb wine I'd purchased at Cranfest - it was very good and very POTENT... After 2 glasses, I had to swtich to water! I will be buying more of that next year. LOL

I have no idea what I am doing today - probably cleaning out the fridge. I will probably start on my auction bag for Thursday... I am very excited about it... I know the theme, but I have NO IDEA what fabrics I have that will work.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

D~
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #861
Clio
Mouseketeer

Sorry about Josh being affected by the furlough. One of my friends is too. She was hoping she'd get time off but no she has to work without pay.
I was picked last time I went to Monsters Inc. As usual, I wasn't paying attention and that's probably why. I was also the rebel spy on Star Tours.
Sounds like you had afairly good shopping day. I do most of my shopping at Walmart because of my discount. I don't do nearly as well, though.
Liz
Old 10-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #862
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thank you! I did make it - but she designed it... Here's the link to more details about it from my PTR... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2891
D~
I love the monster fabric that you used for the under hem. That is so cute.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #863
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

I think that is so cool that you are able to go shopping with your BFF.

I will have to remember the not grabbing a cart thing. You REALLY can't get too much if you're carrying everything in your arms!

Sorry to hear about the coat. Hopefully things will work out soon with Josh and work.

Last edited by sewdisney; 10-13-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #864
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Sorry about Josh being affected by the furlough. One of my friends is too. She was hoping she'd get time off but no she has to work without pay.
Thank you Liz... We will get through it - I hope. I do know that Josh isn't allowed to take ANY leave at all during this time - no sick days no nothing, wich makes NO sense to me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I was picked last time I went to Monsters Inc. As usual, I wasn't paying attention and that's probably why. I was also the rebel spy on Star Tours.
Sounds like you had afairly good shopping day. I do most of my shopping at Walmart because of my discount. I don't do nearly as well, though.
Liz
Hahaha... Sounds like you have gotten some great pixie dust!

Part of the reason I do so well at Target, besides my discount - is Target allows you to stack coupons, and as far as I know - Walmart doesn't have any of their own coupons, so they have no way of stacking. I bet if they offered some of their own coupons and discount apps like Target does, you'd do pretty good there?

Quote:
I love the monster fabric that you used for the under hem. That is so cute.
Thanks! I do love that fabric too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
I think that is so cool that you are able to go shopping with your BFF.
Yah - we love to shop together... We always have.

Quote:
I will have to remember the not grabbing a cart thing. You REALLY can't get too much if you're carrying everything in your arms!
Yah - it was pretty awkward making it to the register... I did have quite the pile in my arms. LOL

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the coat. Hopefully things will work out soon with Josh and work.
It's OK - it's just frustrating... The whole story still really bothers me - I just hate how desrespectful some kids are and the horrible things they do to eachother just because they can. This was one of those times.

How are you feeling these days? Any better?

I had a pretty laid back day yesterday...

I started off doing some cooking... I made a batch of my berry steel-cut oatmeal... It was my thought that the girls could eat it for breakfast during the week too... but as it turned out Alli didn't like it. Sigh. Oh well - V and I like it.

Then I made a couple of "dishes" for Alli... She is still holding strong on her vegetarianism... So, I made her a batch of "taco meat" out of legumes - it's actually quite tasty. I am very happy with it. I also made her a legume/rice dish - which she really liked... I took all of these and I froze them into individual servings... So she now has a few things to choose from if we are eating a meal she can't eat everything out of. On a side note - this is something SHE is supposed to be doing - and she really NEEDS to be doing, so she can learn to survive. I hope she starts taking the initiative soon.

My neighbor gave me a TON of zucchini yesterday... So I chopped all of that up and froze it - I hope I have enough to get me through Christmas now...

My co-worker came over and tried on the item I am making for her. I am sad to say that the measurments she gave me were either off - or she put on weight since she had them taken... GRRR... I will have to let this item out - and even then - I am not sure it will fit her. I am very annoyed by this, because I made it a size bigger according to the measurments she gave me... And I can only let it out so much. I have no idea what I am going to do??? What would you do?

Josh and I took a nap yesterday... Ahem - I was OUT COLD for 3 hours!

I spent some time online in the afternoon looking for a different coat for Alli... I was able to find almost her exact coat that was stolen, I found it in Cabella's Bargain Cave, it was only $20 more than I had wanted to spend. I did grab it, because I was worried it would sell out, and it was the closest thing I could find that fit her criteria and my price range. I did not tell her I got it - but this is the last one I am buying for her to try out - after this, she is on her own.

Then we woke and watched Hocus Pocus... we love that movie this time of year!

I had issues falling asleep last night due to my long nap.

Not sure what my plans are for today? I am not even sure I will get up to my sewing room? Which is OK... I am not looking forward to ripping that item apart.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today!

D~
Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #865
nannye
DIS Veteran

I love hocus pocus!

Yay fo the coat find! I ordered mine from cabellas a couple years ago. Even with shipping and duties to Canada, it was over $100 cheaper than buying in Canada.

I haven't been paying attention to the us government stuff, I hope te shut down ends soon and josh can get back to work!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 10-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #866
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Hi, I just cant keep up. I posted on the disbou board for you. Hope things with Josh's work get resolved soon!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #867
sewmess
DIS Veteran

And that is why I don't take long naps - If I sleep longer than 20-30 minutes not only am I Zombie Woman for the rest of the day, but I can't get to sleep at night!

Sounds to me like suddenly Alli is having a prolonged attack of the Teenager. - this is why I'm glad I don't have kids. Yeah, they start out cute and adorable but they always end up, at some point, a teenager - even if it's for just a little while!

Good luck with the item - I try not to make anything more fitted than PJ pants for people. I hate fittings, either end of fittings, and don't want to put anyone through that with me.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 10-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #868
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I hope the jacket works out for Allie! I feel your pain and my DD is only 5 and pulling the teenager attitude on me!! She came home from school the other day and goes "Mommy I can't wear this shirt anymore." (It was one of her favorite princess one's.) So I asked her "Why? You love that shirt." Her response was "Because B has the same one and she's always mean to me and I can't risk matching her and having people think I like her." I was just flabbergasted and just didn't know what to think and was wondering where did my sweet little girl go!! We did compromise and she'll keep the shirt and just wear it on the weekends.

Sorry about the measurements and now having to rip it apart. I don't have any advice on what you should do.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #869
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

That stinks about your friends custom! I've found out the hard way that it's usually easier to just start over than to try to resize something... especially if it needs to be bigger. That's why I would never sew for someone else, well that and the fact that I'm a perfectionist, and it would take me so long I would never make any money on it
Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #870
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Hi Kathy... I am thinking that maybe this should have been posted in someone else's TR? No worries - I know you have had a rough few days - just know I am thinking of you and you have my continued prayers.

D~
So that's where that response went! I went to the TR where that belonged and couldn't figure out why it wasn't there.

Love the pictures with Alice and on the Mad Tea Party.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: