Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #841
nannye
DIS Veteran

Ahhh The blue fairy bag is FABULOUS! that is your best "human" face I've seen good job!!!!!

Push is awesome! (We never saw him, but we were only in Tomorrowland for a short time.) Next time!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 10-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #842
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Sorry to Hijack -
Midori turned 14 today !!!

Midori

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #843
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

I'm kind of surprised they wouldn't have called you sooner than an hour and a half into your shift.

The bag looks great!! The Blue Fairy turned out really nice. Loved the wallet!

How fun that you meet Push!! He is something else at times! We've seen him once in Disneyland and that was way back in I think 2005. It was funny watching people interact with him because some were just like what the heck is this garbage can doing!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #844
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi D~! Besides the fact that you did a fabulous job with the Blue Fairy face, I love the Pinocchio lining. That is so perfect.

You know EVERYONE at WDW! You turn around and you know another Diser!

Push and the headband! hilarious! I've seen him from afar but never interacted personally. Something that it sounds like I am missing in my Disney experience.

I had to chuckle at you schedule mix up. I've had employees do that before and I just say don't worry about it I'll see you tomorrow. They already feel bad about the oops!

Looking forward to hearing about your pixie dust.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #845
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

OMG I have never heard of PUSH! That sounds absolutely hilarious! By the looks of the photos, both A and V had a kick! I would think that is quite an honor for PUSH to want to see your headband. So does PUSH hang in in generally the same place or does he (or she???) go all over? I would LOVE to interact with him (her – or possibly it???) when we go there in a few weeks.

I LOVE the Blue Fairy purse. I think you did an incredible job on her eyes. I know how hard faces are, but you always seem to capture the most wonderful expressions!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #846
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Love the Blue Fairy Bag! It looks like you guys had a great time with Push. I am ashamed to say, I learned about Push AFTER our last trip. Our 2 year old would have loved him! I am determined to find him this year. Is he always in that part of tomorrow land or do you have to look for him?
Thanks! Yah - Push is kind of an elusive character, he is usually somewhere around the MI building, if he is there at all. You kind of do have to look for him, because he is a garbage can - and he looks just like all the others... But he is awesome and worth the detour if you can find him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Love the Blue Fairy bag!

Can't wait to see what you make for the next auction. I will not be bidding this time as I will be having too much fun in Disney!!

What an awesome interaction with Push! Where you able to spot his friend? I hope you do get a copy of the video because I would love to see it.
Thanks Ariana! No worries! I am very excited that your trip is so close... 8 days now?

Yes, his friend was right behind me, so it was a little weird - hearing the normal voice behind me, and the same garbled voice in front of me. LOL He could have been a bit further away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I love the Bue Fairy bag. It turned out so well. Sorry about the mixup with your schedule. Our schedules are posted on line ,so it's easy to see when and where we're supposed to work. Sounds like you guys had a great encounter with Push. He's so funny. Sadly, we didn't get to see him on our trip this year.
Liz
Thanks! No worries about my schedule - it's frustrating (very frustrating), but I've been there long enough and this is the first time it's truly happened on their clock... I've gone in a day early many times though - so it was only a matter of time before I went in a day late...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
wow!!!! I LOVE THE BLUE FAIRY!

I was in love with your push story!!! IN LOVE! how sweet is all that?? what a great bit of Pixi dust for you! i hope we can run into him!! the kids would FLIP!
Thanks Mo! I hope you get to see him too - your midgets would totally flip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
The Blue Fairy bag is awesome D~. You certainly do have a way to make the faces come alive!
Thank you Tess!

Quote:
Love the Push story! I never noticed him at the park this trip, though I could have walked right by him. I am aware of him, just have never seen him in action.
Well, if you ever get a chance to stop and see him, he is so funny!

Quote:
Well, we did it! Waiting to hear from Disney....should know something in a few weeks.
Yay!!!! I am so excited for you! Some day I will join in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
That is too funny. I usually play it in my car as well. I just claim it's one of Jonah's CDs.
Well, at least you have an excuse... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
ETA: I am so jealous you all got to meet PUSH! I hope you can add the video.
I hope I can too... I know that Bernadette has been swamped with work - so it may be a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I mentioned the Blue Fairy and DH had to see it. He thought it was cool. Unfortunately, due to other reading I have done, I can't look at the Blue Fairy the same way most Disney Fans do.
Oh no Ruth - I can't even ask. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
That being said: I still love the bag...and the Pinoccio ears on the wallet was perfect!

Still don't get how Target can not make sure the employees have a definite copy of the schedule.
Glad you still love the bag though...

Well, they do have a hard copy posted in the store... but that is all. So, if I am only in the store on the day I work (which is normally the case) - well, then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I would love to see the video with push! Your interaction with him sounds hilarious! He always cracks me up
I hope Bernadette can send it to me, but I know she is really swamped with work right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Ahhh The blue fairy bag is FABULOUS! that is your best "human" face I've seen good job!!!!!
Thanks Erin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Push is awesome! (We never saw him, but we were only in Tomorrowland for a short time.) Next time!
I hope you get to see him! Little V would totally love him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Sorry to Hijack -
Midori turned 14 today !!!

Midori
I know I said it in Suzi's TR this morning (I didn't know you posted here too), but I Hope that Midori had a fantastic birthday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'm kind of surprised they wouldn't have called you sooner than an hour and a half into your shift.
Yah - that's the most annoying part of it.

Quote:
The bag looks great!! The Blue Fairy turned out really nice. Loved the wallet!
Thank you!

Quote:
How fun that you meet Push!! He is something else at times! We've seen him once in Disneyland and that was way back in I think 2005. It was funny watching people interact with him because some were just like what the heck is this garbage can doing!!
I know - I think that's the reaction he is used to - so when V knew who he was... He was like "She knows my naaaaammmmeeeee" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi D~! Besides the fact that you did a fabulous job with the Blue Fairy face, I love the Pinocchio lining. That is so perfect.
Thanks Brenda!

Quote:
You know EVERYONE at WDW! You turn around and you know another Diser!
Hahaha... Not quite everyone... I am a bit bummed that our trips overlapped though - we could have met... Oh well - maybe next time.

Quote:
Push and the headband! hilarious! I've seen him from afar but never interacted personally. Something that it sounds like I am missing in my Disney experience.
Yah - I think you need to seek him out - he is so funny and so cute!

Quote:
I had to chuckle at you schedule mix up. I've had employees do that before and I just say don't worry about it I'll see you tomorrow. They already feel bad about the oops!
WOuld have been nice if they would have done that for me... LOL BUt since I only work one day per week - I think they like to get as much out of me as they can. LOL

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing about your pixie dust.
Hmmm... I think that Push was the pixie dust I was referring to - But I do have a few more Dismeets to post about. This trip isn't over until it's OVER. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
OMG I have never heard of PUSH! That sounds absolutely hilarious! By the looks of the photos, both A and V had a kick! I would think that is quite an honor for PUSH to want to see your headband. So does PUSH hang in in generally the same place or does he (or she???) go all over? I would LOVE to interact with him (her  or possibly it???) when we go there in a few weeks.
Push is kind of hit or miss... Sometimes he is there, and sometimes he isn't. This is the first time we have seen him - and last trip we looked EVERYWHERE for him. Last time we asked every CM we saw if they had seen him - and everyone said they saw him somewhere else... LOL But he was no where to be found. Then, this trip - there he was right in front of us. So, if you see him, make sure you stop and say hello... And make sure you tell him how smashing he was in his headband... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
I LOVE the Blue Fairy purse. I think you did an incredible job on her eyes. I know how hard faces are, but you always seem to capture the most wonderful expressions!
Thank you - yes, faces are super hard - I admit that I've done a few crazy ones, but I think I am finally getting the knack for it (knock on wood).

I worked in my sewing room on my custom order all day yesterday... I was able to get to a point where I can't work any further on it until it's tried on. So, I am hoping to have my co-worker do that today when I go to town.

Then, I wasted my afternoon on Etsy... Shame on me. I have so much I should have been doing, but well - fabric was calling me... I didn't buy any though. Now that I've made this darn dress - I am trying to talk the girls into doing cute coordinating skirts for Christmas, and then I'd like to go out on a photoshoot with them and have our pictures done for Josh... He hasn't had a new one of the 3 of us together for quite a few years. I haven't told the girls about the "coordinating skirts" part yet though... I figure I better broach the subject very carefully. Then I would have to find someone to do the pictures for us - seeing as I need Alli in them. LOL Which is a total bummer - I wish there was a way she could take them herself - not only because I am cheap - but I think it would be more meaningful.

Today is Friday... I am planning to do a bit of grocery shopping with BFF today... I need to be very careful though - since we are in the midst of this furlough. I have not said anything here, but we are affected. Josh is an "essential" employee - but as of now - we have no guarantee of any paycheck... So we are down to "survival necessities" only, so we can avoid dipping into our savings as much as possible. Fortunately - our freezers and pantries are stocked, and we could go several weeks on what we have on hand - with the exception of milk/yogert/eggs needing to be replenished. So, at this point in time - we are just trying to budget smarter and be a bit more careful. That is all I will say about that - as I don't believe you all want to hear the nitty gritty details of our lives.

Not sure on the plan for this weekend - I think Josh and I will be working on harvesting what is left in the garden. I don't think there is much left down there? I am hoping for a bunch more zucchini, because I love to have it with my breakfast.

That's about all for today - I hope you all have a wonderful one and a great weekend!

D~
Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #847
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 9 Part E

Once we rescued our headgear from Push, we resumed our plan of Monster's Inc Laugh Floor... Victoria so badly wanted to be on camera, after the let down of the MI characters at DHS - she was hoping for redemption.

All of the kids, down the line:

But redemption did not happen - we had a good time anyways.

Then all of the kids went on Space Mountain again - I think they went twice?

Then we decided to go our seperate ways... Bernadette and family went one direction, the girls and I went another. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them this morning!

The girls and I took the back path to Fantasyland.

Cannot WAIT for this to open!

Victoria still had several autographs she wanted for her pillowcase - So, this became a big focus for us on our last day.

Victoria had gone on my "Kenny the Pirate" app, and researched who was going to be where, and at what time...

So, we got into line for Alice... And we had a FANTASTIC Meet n' Greet with her... As you can see - Alice just LOVED our gear!

As long as we were here, the girls needed a ride... This ride tends to make me ill - and as hot as it was this day - it would make me even more ill - so I decided to skip it.

Allison videoed the whole thing... Not sure where that video is though? I will have to ask her. I am sure not doing well with video posting, am I? Sorry about that.

Victoria went to line up for the Fairy Godmother while Alli and I rode the carousel... We have not ridden the carousel since our very first ride on our very first trip in 2003. Those horses are MUCH taller than I remembered (or I am much shorter...), it was rather comical to see us trying to climb up there.

When we arrived to the Fairy Godmother's line to meet Victoria - she had JUST missed the cut off (story of our lives this trip), so she was 2nd in line to meet her when she came back...

So we waited.

And while we were waiting... Guess who we saw???

Link to Day 9 Part F

D~ <----- Who thinks that Day 9 may go up to Part M or N... It was a LONG day...

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-15-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #848
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts

Thanks! Yah - Push is kind of an elusive character, he is usually somewhere around the MI building, if he is there at all. You kind of do have to look for him, because he is a garbage can - and he looks just like all the others... But he is awesome and worth the detour if you can find him.

Thanks Ariana! No worries! I am very excited that your trip is so close... 8 days now?

Yes, his friend was right behind me, so it was a little weird - hearing the normal voice behind me, and the same garbled voice in front of me. LOL He could have been a bit further away...

Thanks! No worries about my schedule - it's frustrating (very frustrating), but I've been there long enough and this is the first time it's truly happened on their clock... I've gone in a day early many times though - so it was only a matter of time before I went in a day late...

Thanks Mo! I hope you get to see him too - your midgets would totally flip!

Thank you Tess!

Well, if you ever get a chance to stop and see him, he is so funny!

Yay!!!! I am so excited for you! Some day I will join in the fun!

Well, at least you have an excuse... LOL

I hope I can too... I know that Bernadette has been swamped with work - so it may be a while.

Oh no Ruth - I can't even ask. LOL

Glad you still love the bag though...

Well, they do have a hard copy posted in the store... but that is all. So, if I am only in the store on the day I work (which is normally the case) - well, then...

I hope Bernadette can send it to me, but I know she is really swamped with work right now.

Thanks Erin!

I hope you get to see him! Little V would totally love him!

I know I said it in Suzi's TR this morning (I didn't know you posted here too), but I Hope that Midori had a fantastic birthday!!!

Yah - that's the most annoying part of it.

Thank you!

I know - I think that's the reaction he is used to - so when V knew who he was... He was like "She knows my naaaaammmmeeeee" LOL

Thanks Brenda!

Hahaha... Not quite everyone... I am a bit bummed that our trips overlapped though - we could have met... Oh well - maybe next time.

Yah - I think you need to seek him out - he is so funny and so cute!

WOuld have been nice if they would have done that for me... LOL BUt since I only work one day per week - I think they like to get as much out of me as they can. LOL

Hmmm... I think that Push was the pixie dust I was referring to - But I do have a few more Dismeets to post about. This trip isn't over until it's OVER. LOL

Push is kind of hit or miss... Sometimes he is there, and sometimes he isn't. This is the first time we have seen him - and last trip we looked EVERYWHERE for him. Last time we asked every CM we saw if they had seen him - and everyone said they saw him somewhere else... LOL But he was no where to be found. Then, this trip - there he was right in front of us. So, if you see him, make sure you stop and say hello... And make sure you tell him how smashing he was in his headband... LOL

Thank you - yes, faces are super hard - I admit that I've done a few crazy ones, but I think I am finally getting the knack for it (knock on wood).

I worked in my sewing room on my custom order all day yesterday... I was able to get to a point where I can't work any further on it until it's tried on. So, I am hoping to have my co-worker do that today when I go to town.

Then, I wasted my afternoon on Etsy... Shame on me. I have so much I should have been doing, but well - fabric was calling me... I didn't buy any though. Now that I've made this darn dress - I am trying to talk the girls into doing cute coordinating skirts for Christmas, and then I'd like to go out on a photoshoot with them and have our pictures done for Josh... He hasn't had a new one of the 3 of us together for quite a few years. I haven't told the girls about the "coordinating skirts" part yet though... I figure I better broach the subject very carefully. Then I would have to find someone to do the pictures for us - seeing as I need Alli in them. LOL Which is a total bummer - I wish there was a way she could take them herself - not only because I am cheap - but I think it would be more meaningful.

Today is Friday... I am planning to do a bit of grocery shopping with BFF today... I need to be very careful though - since we are in the midst of this furlough. I have not said anything here, but we are affected. Josh is an "essential" employee - but as of now - we have no guarantee of any paycheck... So we are down to "survival necessities" only, so we can avoid dipping into our savings as much as possible. Fortunately - our freezers and pantries are stocked, and we could go several weeks on what we have on hand - with the exception of milk/yogert/eggs needing to be replenished. So, at this point in time - we are just trying to budget smarter and be a bit more careful. That is all I will say about that - as I don't believe you all want to hear the nitty gritty details of our lives.

Not sure on the plan for this weekend - I think Josh and I will be working on harvesting what is left in the garden. I don't think there is much left down there? I am hoping for a bunch more zucchini, because I love to have it with my breakfast.

That's about all for today - I hope you all have a wonderful one and a great weekend!

D~
Midori said thanks for the Birthday Wish

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 10-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #849
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yep, 8 days and counting!!

Sorry to hear the government shut down is affecting you. I totally understand since I work for local government. So far we have been ok, just a few federal grants that are not reimbursing but they are minor. Our biggest worry is the Senior meals program. If the shut down continues, we will run out of money for that program mid November.

I can't believe that V didn't get acknowledged for her gear at the Monster's Inc show. I think though that they may pick on people who are trying not to get noticed. I'm usually ducking and hiding and while I've never been picked for a part, I have been put up on the screen at the beginning.

Oh, and that would be great if the last day went to part M or N! More for us to read.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #850
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

For the photos, could you look into getting Alli a wireless shutter release? She could set the shots and then join in. Just a thought!

I'm so sorry to hear your family is being impacted by the shutdown.

I hope you'll post a picture of V's pillow with all of the signatures. It looks like she got a ton!

I'm guessing you saw a DISer while waiting for the fairy godmother?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #851
cogero
DIS Veteran

okay totally caught up now.

I have to stop looking and buying fabric. I have so many ideas and so little time. It is very good Sami is a girl.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #852
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I made it on camera at Monsters, Inc once. It was both fun and embarrassing. My husband was once chosen to be an actor on stage at one of the shows at HS. He even got to wear a costume. That was great. And our son got chosen twice to play the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game at HS, but he never got past winning a bunch of pins and a tee shirt or something. All of that stuff just makes such wonderful memories, no wonder people keep returning to WDW.

I love Victoria's outfit for this day. Did you make the skirt? She matches the colors of Fantasyland. You must have planned it that way.

I never knew PUSH existed before I found the Dis. I'll have to look for him. Do you think that the garbage can is a robot controlled by someone far away rather than having a small person inside?

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #853
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

great pics

V's outfit is so cute. Don't know how Allie kept from getting sick ridding and watching through the view finder Looks like a great time.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150
Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #854
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #855
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

D~ sorry for the hijack, but I know more people read your trip report than mine - lol.

Apparently Kat suffered another stroke yesterday, while at a pre-op appointment for her colectomy surgery, which was scheduled for Monday.

The good news from her father is:
(I copied this from his facebook post).

"Ok update on Katriana, they gave her the clot busters and she responded well. In fact other than some residual, and diminishing, numbness in her left cheek, she is otherwise fine.

They have her in the ICU for now to make sure she doesn't develop an intestinal bleed because of the clot drugs. Her colectomy surgery has been postponed, maybe until Thursday or later."

Your continued prayers for this courageous young lady are deeply appreciated. Kat is still a fighter and is coping as well as before with this additional setback.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: