Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #826
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

I am now really excited for CP! I am hoping to get before rope drop reservations. The food looks great!

Oh and I love the ride picture!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #827
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Those area some great ride photos!!! It's always fun to see the pictures people come up with!!

Can't wait to see the new customs!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #828
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

I won't even go into how the government shut down is affecting us... Josh is a fed employee as well... Let's just say we are hunkered down and praying for the best.

Oh no... It's not almost over yet - we may be on the last day, but I still have a TON more updates to post and my "Now n' Thens"... I bet it will be closer to November before I finish.

Yesterday morning - I had to rush off to meet my cousin for breakfast.
D~
I am sorry that the shut down is affecting you guys. I hope Josh is able to get back to work real soon!

I am so glad to hear you still have quite a bit left on your TR. I do so enjoy reading it every night!

How exciting you got to meet up with your cousin! I'm so glad you had a nice time.

LOVE the SM pictures!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #829
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
OMG - I took a couple of days off from Dis and I got so behind. Caught up now. CP and Tomorrowland pic are making us miss Disney so much. I think I will bring out the videos and get on You Tube and view out recent Disney videos...Still Hungry for Mickey Waffles.
Hahaha Bob... Mo takes every weekend off from the Dis - then she spends most of Monday catching up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
These are GREAT!!!! I love the pictures on rides they are are PERFECT!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
the girls are a darn riot with all their faces!!!!
I wanna see lots of pictures!
Yah - they are goofy, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
How could we have missed Buzz??? Another must do on the next trip. I have a very long list already.
2 days for MK are pretty much mandatory.

Quote:
I love the Carousel of Progress! However, on our first visit this year, some yahoo was taking flash pictures. The cm had to come over the loudspeaker twice to remind them that flash pictures were not permitted. Ruined the ride for me, so we had to ride it again.
Grrr... We had the ride to ourselves - thankfully, because I took lots of pictures (no flash though).

Quote:
We didn't do Space Mountain this trip because of Charlie's motion sickness. We had to stick to the tamer rides. He's going to talk to his doctor about medication for it for our next trip. We need to make sure whatever he takes does not interact with his other meds.

I may have some exciting news soon!
I can't ride Space Mtn at all - it scares the crapola out of me... I do not like dark coasters at all.

Oooh - can't wait to hear! I hope it's the news I am hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Too bad your breakfast was cold at Crystal Palace. But it sounds like you had a great morning at MK
Yah - it was kind of a bummer, but - it's Disney - and I do my very best not to let little things bother me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
CP breakfast looks like so much fun! I'm going to make it there one of these days but probably for lunch or dinner. My stomach could not handle all that rich food first thing in the morning! Too bad some of your food was cold though.

Love COP! My favorite part is watching the dog, he's so cute!
CP is great - I did very well not overloading on the food this time, and I was much more comfortable on the entire trip. It's so easy to go over board when everything is so good.

COP is the best - can't do WDW with out it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Awwww Crystal Palace looks SO GOOD! It was a must do for us this trip and I was near tears cancelling it as I was so looking forward to trying that dang stuffed French toast! I wish V and I would have headed there before our detour to celebration, but oh well next time it WILL BE DONE!
I sure hope you get a chance to try it on your next trip.

Quote:
Ahhh the mention of 50"s PT and Elaine. I actually confirmed this trip it WAS Elaine that we had! This time we had another server and he was great!
Was she as awful for you as she was to us? I can't remember your story.

Quote:
Space looked like so much fun! Sadly we still have not done space ranger spin.
BLSRS is a must-do - little V would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
WOW!!!! Those pics of you are just amazing, you looked great. I love that fabric, I understand why you would buy it just in case you found something to use it for.....
Thanks! I am just happy that I used it for something for myself - more times than not, I find a fabric I love and use it on a bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
CP looks so yummy....we weren't going to do it originally because I thought we had too many character meals, but going to MK before rope drop and getting pics with nearly empty streets was too much to pass up, now I can add that food to be excited about!!!
You will love it- I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrimomma View Post
OMG I absolutely LOVE all of your creations!! I WISH I was as talented as you!! Do you have a website where you sell your items?? I have read your whole TR in two days!! Can not wait for more!!!
Welcome! And thank you very much! I am glad you are enjoying my TR - I am having so much fun writing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
The CoP is such a classic. Just love it! The CD you're referring to, is it Four Parks, One World? I'm always trying to find music from the theme parks to listen to.
Oh yes it is Four Parks, One World... I have it in my car - and I play it all the time... I am just afraid I will get into an accident while it's playing, then the paramedics will come to rescue me and wonder what that crazy music is that's playing in my car. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
CP was my idea ........I wanted to see the poo gang....Raina told me she didn't know if the girls were into poo but I am ....lol Now she sounds like she had that idea Any great pics and looks like a great time I am excited to go there.
Hahaha... ROFL! I just love you guys!!! YOu will enjoy it immensely and I am sure it will become a must-do for future trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
I am now really excited for CP! I am hoping to get before rope drop reservations. The food looks great!

Oh and I love the ride picture!
It is a fantastic tradition... Some people love the castle for breakfast - we love CP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Those area some great ride photos!!! It's always fun to see the pictures people come up with!!

Can't wait to see the new customs!
Thanks!!! I am very excited about them - but I think I will wait to show them until I start my next PTR - as hard as that is for me to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
I am sorry that the shut down is affecting you guys. I hope Josh is able to get back to work real soon!
Well, we will find out tomorrow just how much it's affecting us...

Quote:
I am so glad to hear you still have quite a bit left on your TR. I do so enjoy reading it every night!
Yup - and then I will start my next PTR... So, no worries - I will always give everyone something to read. Personally - I have more fun writing PTRs.

Quote:
How exciting you got to meet up with your cousin! I'm so glad you had a nice time.
It was great - it was so nice to see her again and catch up!

Quote:
LOVE the SM pictures!
Thanks! How are you doing?

So, yesterday was interesting - and it didn't go exactly as planned.

I got a late start in my sewing room... I was goofing off a little bit too much on the computer... Trying to work out some kinks in our next trip... Sigh.

Then I worked out (good girl)...

Then, finally - I made it to my sewing room - only an hour later than I like to.

As I was laying out the pattern for my current custom, my phone rang... It was Target... Uh-oh.... "Are you coming in?" "No...???" LOL "Am I supposed to?" "Yup - you were supposed to be here 1.5 hours ago..." "I was???" "Ooops, sorry... I will be there asap..." Crap... Crap, crap, crap...

Showered, dressed, ran out the door... No lunch (and I won't get to have a break either, since my shift will be shorter than 4 hours... Sigh)... I got there with only 2 hours leff of my shift... If I would have known my shift was so short - I would have just told them I wasn't coming, because it makes NO SENSE for me to drive 30 min each way for the 2 hour shift I ended up working. But, the nice person I am, I offered to stay later - so they let me work an extra hour to make up for it.

The great part about this... I have today off - ROFL...

I cut out the rest of my custom order when I got home last night - so I am all ready to work on it today...

Victoria has her next custom all drawn out for me... I do believe I've created a monster. LOL

I also need to start working on my auction item... As the 3rd Thursday is ONE week from today... My auctions always sneek up on me.

So, that's about all for today... I WILL have last week's custom order posted shortly - I was having PC issues yesterday, so Josh woke early this morning and fixed them for me. Such a great guy!!!! I will also have an update for you all shortly too...

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!!

D~
Old 10-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #830
DMGeurts

Pinocchio's Blue Fairy UPB set

I really love this bag - It turned out fantastic, I think the Blue Fairy applique is one of my best appliques yet... I know I've said this before - but faces are super hard to do, and I think this one turned out pretty good.

D~
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #831
DMGeurts

Day 9 Part D

So, as we - all of us - My girls and I, and Bernadette and family were walking to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor - we happened upon Push.

For those of you who didn't read my last TR - Victoria searched high and low for him and we never found him on our last trip.

Well, here he was, right in front of us - so we had to stop...

I know Bernadette has this whole encounter on video - I wish I could post it for you... but maybe some day she can email it to me and I can add it here?

Anyways... We were all crowded around Push...

The conversation started off with Victoria saying "Hi Push!"... And Push was soooo excited that Victoria knew his name!!!!

Then Victoria told Push she had some garbage for him... He freaked out and told her "I LOVE GARBAGE!!!!" So, she put her chewed piece of gum into his trash compartment (ROFL... Chewed gum - ONLY my child would do that ). Push told her that it tasted like boogers... He went on and on about the booger tasting gum...

Then he turned to me (ME!) and told me he liked my headband... He asked me if he could try it on... So, I took it off my head and put it on his... He wheeled around screaming/singing, spinning around and showing off my headband... It was very cute!

It was then that he noticed Victoria had a headband too - and he proceeded to ask her if he could try her headband on too... I don't think she let him??? I can't remember now...

Then he went to Victoria and begged her for a hug...

Victoria tried to get Emma to give him a hug - but Emma wanted nothing to do with him... She also tried for Lizzy...

So, Victoria made Allison give him a hug...

So, PUSH made Victoria give him another hug... He was awfully touchy feely this morning...

And finally - he made Victoria pose for a picture with him...

Push was so FUNNY! We just love PUSH!!!!!!

Link to Day 9 Part E

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-11-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #832
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Love the Blue Fairy Bag! It looks like you guys had a great time with Push. I am ashamed to say, I learned about Push AFTER our last trip. Our 2 year old would have loved him! I am determined to find him this year. Is he always in that part of tomorrow land or do you have to look for him?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #833
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Love the Blue Fairy bag!

Can't wait to see what you make for the next auction. I will not be bidding this time as I will be having too much fun in Disney!!

What an awesome interaction with Push! Where you able to spot his friend? I hope you do get a copy of the video because I would love to see it.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #834
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #835
Clio
Mouseketeer

I love the Bue Fairy bag. It turned out so well. Sorry about the mixup with your schedule. Our schedules are posted on line ,so it's easy to see when and where we're supposed to work. Sounds like you guys had a great encounter with Push. He's so funny. Sadly, we didn't get to see him on our trip this year.
Liz
Old 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #836
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

wow!!!! I LOVE THE BLUE FAIRY!

I was in love with your push story!!! IN LOVE! how sweet is all that?? what a great bit of Pixi dust for you! i hope we can run into him!! the kids would FLIP!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #837
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

The Blue Fairy bag is awesome D~. You certainly do have a way to make the faces come alive!

Love the Push story! I never noticed him at the park this trip, though I could have walked right by him. I am aware of him, just have never seen him in action.

Well, we did it! Waiting to hear from Disney....should know something in a few weeks.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #838
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Oh yes it is Four Parks, One World... I have it in my car - and I play it all the time... I am just afraid I will get into an accident while it's playing, then the paramedics will come to rescue me and wonder what that crazy music is that's playing in my car. LOL

D~
That is too funny. I usually play it in my car as well. I just claim it's one of Jonah's CDs.

ETA: I am so jealous you all got to meet PUSH! I hope you can add the video.

Last edited by MrsDrewsky; 10-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #839
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I mentioned the Blue Fairy and DH had to see it. He thought it was cool. Unfortunately, due to other reading I have done, I can't look at the Blue Fairy the same way most Disney Fans do.

That being said: I still love the bag...and the Pinoccio ears on the wallet was perfect!

Still don't get how Target can not make sure the employees have a definite copy of the schedule.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 10-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #840
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I would love to see the video with push! Your interaction with him sounds hilarious! He always cracks me up

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: