Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #811
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Great pictures!! Why oh why do all the restaurants I want to eat at have to be at the MK!! I know James would love to see all his Hundred Acre Woods friends!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #812
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

CP before park open is the perfect way to start your last day at WDW! As a matter of fact, that was our plan as well!! You would think that Edward would have at least offered to bring you a fresh plate of hot food.
Your Jiminy Cricket bag is adorable!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #813
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

OHHH, I LOVE french toast. I bet that puffed french toast was TDF!

What a fantastic way to start your last day. I think that would have been my favorite meal. I love Pooh and all his friends. Actually, I love all the Disney characters. It is really hard for me to pick a favorite!

I hope you had a GREAT last day!

Last edited by sewdisney; 10-09-2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #814
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Those pictures of you that Alli took, AMAZING! I really thought I was looking at a professional photo shoot. And the dress turned out fantastic. I love the fabric. It's a great first SSP! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much Lois! I am very proud of her - she has done so well learning this camera... What I really want to do - is to make the girls and I coordinating dresses/skirts (not matching, just coordinating) and have our pictures done... If I would have been on the ball, I could have done it this fall - but I think it will have to wait until spring. Hopefully I can find someone to do it... Maybe Alli can work out a trade? LOL

Quote:
Love the photos with Russell and Doug and Pocahontas. I'll say it again, you and your girls have the most beautiful and natural smiles. Just awesome!
Awww.. THanks Lois - They were really great meet n' greets!

Quote:
I love all the Ironman movies. We watched a really good one Now You See Me. It's available at red box. We also enjoyed White House Down. That one is also at Redbox. Highly recommend both of them.
Oooh - I will keep that in mind. Do you think they'd be good for the girls?

Quote:
Hope to see your latest custom order soon. (hint) And I hope you have a fun and productive day in your sewing room.
I should have it posted this morning, I just need to dump the photos on to my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
This is so true! I hope you're feeling better Sewdisney!
Thank you! I hope she's feeling better soon too - but by the looks of her list in her new PTR... YIKES! That's a crazy to-do list... I thought Chiara and I were bad. LOL

Quote:
The dress is great! Love the colors. I bet it feels funny sewing something big after all the doll cloths and bags, doesn't it?
It's incredibly weird... I think the weirdest part for me is just the simple seams with 2 layers of fabric... I am so used to sewing through layers and layers of quilted fabric, so just having those 2 layers - well, it's a bit odd for me.

Quote:
Alli did a great job on the photo shoot! She's got an eye for it!
Thank you! I am so proud of her. She even managed to book a few more photo sessions off of it... I would really love to see her do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I loved all of the photopass pictures you posted over the weekend. I think the Dug and Russell ones are my favorite. I'm thinking we might be meeting them in a few weeks because both Jim and I love Dug. He reminds us of our dogs, they definitely know the word "squirrel". Jim actually found a squirrel's tail in our house Saturday. Not sure what happened to the rest of the poor thing.
Yes - I think that Dug and Russell are a definite must-do!

Yikes... Squirrel parts??? Hmmm... MM would be outside for a while. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Beautiful dress and beautiful pictures! I am so jealous of Alli's talent as a photographer!
Thank you! Yes, she definately has an eye... I was so excited to have such great pictures of myself... It makes me want to sew a bunch of dresses and make her take me out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Your dress looks reall cute on you. You did great job on your first adult dress. Seeing it almost makes me want to sew a dress for myself. It's been years ince I made anything other than a halloween costume or purse.
You should! It was so fun!

Quote:
Ally's a very talented photographer. I l30 tonightove looked at her work.
I'm working til 9:30 tonight in photo. Got to love those late shifts. Nothing gets done at home.
Liz
Thank you! I am very proud of her! I hope you had a great night at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
I'm officially in the teens.
WHOOT! That is soooo awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
But it won't seem real until I actually see the castle. And now I'm sweating this government furlough (I'm a fed). Trip is paid for, so money isn't an issue. And we'll get back paid.

Unfortunately, some government employees are being called back. Which is fine with me, except they aren't being allowed to use leave. The justification is that since they are essential, it can't look like they can take vacation while the government is officially shut down.

I'm getting nightmares of being called back to work and them cancelling my Disney leave. Which I think they can do.

I already had one much-anticipated vacation cancelled due to illness. I don't even want to think about Disney being cancelled.

I just wish they'd reopen the government back.
Oh wow! I will pray that you don't get called back before your trip - that would be a nightmare! I could understand if you just put in for leave - but since you've had this leave on the books for so long... It should be different circumstances. Sigh.

I won't even go into how the government shut down is affecting us... Josh is a fed employee as well... Let's just say we are hunkered down and praying for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I've been debating whether we wanted to add CP to our list of "restaurants to try next trip".

Guess we will have to now. The food looks yummy!
Oooh - i think you should Tess! It's a wonderful meal... We've never been there for any other meal, other than breakfast - but we love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
CP breakfast is always fun, especially if it's before park opening. But cold sausage is never good.

Your trip report is almost over. I can't believe how quickly you have knocked it out.
I totally agree... I have to LOL though - even looking at my photos, the food looks soooo delicious - but it's funny to look at it and know it's ice cold - all of it, except for the french toast...

Oh no... It's not almost over yet - we may be on the last day, but I still have a TON more updates to post and my "Now n' Thens"... I bet it will be closer to November before I finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
I am so far behind in your TR. I quickly read the last few pages, but I wanted to say you looked FABULOUS in that dress that you made. Alli took some beautiful pictures of you. She definitely has a special talent with the camera. Back to catch up on you TR!
Have a wonderful day'
Hi Lynee!!! Thank you so much! Take your time catching up - I will still be here. I hope you are well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, what a wonderful breakfast (although they certainly should have offered to bring you warm sausage or to heat it up for you).
Yah - it would have been nice... LOL

Quote:
Love the pictures with all of the characters.

As you know, CP is a must-do for us almost every trip too (except our December trips).
Curious... Why don't you do it in Dec?

Quote:
Great photopass picture.

I can't wait to see where you go first.
Thanks! I am curious too. LOL

Quote:
Your Crystal Palace breakfast looks good. Sorry it was cold. We've never had breakfast there. I just asked my daughter if she'd like to and she said that 8 in the morning way too early. This is first someone who gets up at 4 every day to go to work. We always eat dinner there on our first day.
Liz
Hahaha... Yah it's really hard to drag ourselves out of bed - but it's so worth it, the restaurant is rarely busy and it's just so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Great pictures!! Why oh why do all the restaurants I want to eat at have to be at the MK!! I know James would love to see all his Hundred Acre Woods friends!!
Hahaha... We have the exact SAME issue - and we don't do parkhoppers, so it makes for some very "interesting" days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
CP before park open is the perfect way to start your last day at WDW! As a matter of fact, that was our plan as well!! You would think that Edward would have at least offered to bring you a fresh plate of hot food.
Your Jiminy Cricket bag is adorable!
Yah - we just love CP in the morning - there's something so special about it. It would have been nice for some warm food, but thinking back - I was pretty full from the puffed french toast, so it was probably for the best. LOL

Thanks! I am still carrying my Jiminy bag since I've been home - I've been too lazy to switch it out to something different. Plus - I've had a serious itch to make myself a coordinating bag for the dress I just did - so we will see? I have sooooo many bags - it's a sad thing. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
OHHH, I LOVE french toast. I bet that puffed french toast was TDF!
It is so amazing... It's in the "kids" section - so it's often overlooked... BUt it's sooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
What a fantastic way to start your last day. I think that would have been my favorite meal. I love Pooh and all his friends. Actually, I love all the Disney characters. It is really hard for me to pick a favorite!

I hope you had a GREAT last day!
CP is really a great place to eat!

Yesterday morning - I had to rush off to meet my cousin for breakfast. I have not seen her since before we moved down here - so, at least 8 years ago... And then her, her DH and kids moved out to Washington state 2 years ago - her parents followed behind this last summer... This is a family I am very close to - despite not seeing eachother for so long... It was just wonderful catching up... We sat there for almost 3 hours, and we could have sat there for 3 more - I am sure. So, it was just a great start to my day.

I came home and worked in my sewing room - I had to fix a minor problem on my custom order from last week... I was kind of dreading it - so I procrastinated... but in the end, I was able to get it done... I will have photos for you all later this morning.

And because I had to rush off yesterday morning - I had to wait to work out until the afternoon... Which is something very abnormal for me - I am a "morning worker outer" - I find if I wait until the afternoon - I just don't do it. So, it's best all around if I do it in the morning.

Then... I went back up to my sewing room, and I finished V's first custom for our next trip! I am super excited about it! It turned out great and I can't wait to show you all... but it will have to wait until I am done with this TR.

Today, I will be starting on my next custom order- which also isn't a bag... I've been holding off on it, because it's for a coworker - and it's something I need to sort-of fit her for before I get too far into it... That's about all I can say about that.

I hope you all have a great day! YOu can watch for an update today and also some bag photos.

D~
Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #815
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 9 Part C

With full bellies, the girls and I decided to start our day off in Tomorrowland...

First - we grabbed FPs for Space Mountain - this was one time we double dipped... I don't ride SM - so I gladly gave the girls my FPs for this ride - which was 3 potential rides for them.

While we were waiting for our FP return time to come around - we decided to do Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin...

Hahaha... I had no idea where the camera was for this ride - or that there was one at all... I don't think V remembered either... but clearly - Alli did.

Ahhh, Mom... It's not happenin' this trip...

And of course - one of our major Must-Dos... Carousel of Progress...

Ahhh.... It's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shinin' at the end of every day - it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away.... <--- Yes, I do have the CD, and yes, I could sing the entire song for you, verse for verse, from memory...

Just as we came out from CoP, we ran into Bernadette and family... The kids were delighted to see eachother again... We decided to share our Space Mountain FPs with them...

L to R: Alli, Lizzy and V:

L to R: Random Guy, Alli and Joe

L to R: Alli, Lizzy and Random Guy

I must stop here, because the next segment includes some Pixie Dust -with lots of pictures... So, it needs a post of it's own.

Link to Day 9 Part D

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-10-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 AM   #816
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

OMG - I took a couple of days off from Dis and I got so behind. Caught up now. CP and Tomorrowland pic are making us miss Disney so much. I think I will bring out the videos and get on You Tube and view out recent Disney videos...Still Hungry for Mickey Waffles.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #817
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

These are GREAT!!!! I love the pictures on rides they are are PERFECT!!!!

the girls are a darn riot with all their faces!!!!
I wanna see lots of pictures!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #818
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

How could we have missed Buzz??? Another must do on the next trip. I have a very long list already.

I love the Carousel of Progress! However, on our first visit this year, some yahoo was taking flash pictures. The cm had to come over the loudspeaker twice to remind them that flash pictures were not permitted. Ruined the ride for me, so we had to ride it again.

We didn't do Space Mountain this trip because of Charlie's motion sickness. We had to stick to the tamer rides. He's going to talk to his doctor about medication for it for our next trip. We need to make sure whatever he takes does not interact with his other meds.

I may have some exciting news soon!
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #819
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Too bad your breakfast was cold at Crystal Palace. But it sounds like you had a great morning at MK

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Old 10-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #820
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

CP breakfast looks like so much fun! I'm going to make it there one of these days but probably for lunch or dinner. My stomach could not handle all that rich food first thing in the morning! Too bad some of your food was cold though.

Love COP! My favorite part is watching the dog, he's so cute!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #821
nannye
DIS Veteran

Awwww Crystal Palace looks SO GOOD! It was a must do for us this trip and I was near tears cancelling it as I was so looking forward to trying that dang stuffed French toast! I wish V and I would have headed there before our detour to celebration, but oh well next time it WILL BE DONE!

Ahhh the mention of 50"s PT and Elaine. I actually confirmed this trip it WAS Elaine that we had! This time we had another server and he was great!

Space looked like so much fun! Sadly we still have not done space ranger spin.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #822
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!! Those pics of you are just amazing, you looked great. I love that fabric, I understand why you would buy it just in case you found something to use it for..... great job!

CP looks so yummy....we weren't going to do it originally because I thought we had too many character meals, but going to MK before rope drop and getting pics with nearly empty streets was too much to pass up, now I can add that food to be excited about!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #823
lilbrimomma
Earning My Ears

OMG I absolutely LOVE all of your creations!! I WISH I was as talented as you!! Do you have a website where you sell your items?? I have read your whole TR in two days!! Can not wait for more!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #824
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

The CoP is such a classic. Just love it! The CD you're referring to, is it Four Parks, One World? I'm always trying to find music from the theme parks to listen to.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #825
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

Cp

CP was my idea ........I wanted to see the poo gang....Raina told me she didn't know if the girls were into poo but I am ....lol Now she sounds like she had that idea.... Any great pics and looks like a great time I am excited to go there.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: