Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #796
LMN
DIS Veteran

D-

WOW! That dress is so cute! It looks really comfy and I love the colors in the fabric. Very good color choice for you. It really looks cute with the jean jacket too- great choice. And please tell Alli that she has a great eye for photography. Her angles and composition are terrific. She has some great camera skills!! Her train track pics and the pics of you were all outstanding.

Liesel
Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #797
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

D~! What an absolutely wonderful gallery of photopass photos!! So many brilliant pictures.

I commented on FB that your dress is just lovely. Everything about it is perfect. What a great reflection of both your skills with the dress and your daughter's photography skills.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #798
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Those pictures of you that Alli took, AMAZING! I really thought I was looking at a professional photo shoot. And the dress turned out fantastic. I love the fabric. It's a great first SSP! Thanks for sharing.

Love the photos with Russell and Doug and Pocahontas. I'll say it again, you and your girls have the most beautiful and natural smiles. Just awesome!

I love all the Ironman movies. We watched a really good one Now You See Me. It's available at red box. We also enjoyed White House Down. That one is also at Redbox. Highly recommend both of them.

Hope to see your latest custom order soon. (hint) And I hope you have a fun and productive day in your sewing room.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #799
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
D, I want you to know how much I have loved your TR. When I read your TR, I feel like we are old friends and you've invited me into your kitchen and we are chatting over coffee. You are such a warm and caring person and even though we are on computers several states away from each other, I feel so welcome. You have many gifts and the way you make people feel so special is one of the best ones!

This is so true! I hope you're feeling better Sewdisney!

The dress is great! Love the colors. I bet it feels funny sewing something big after all the doll cloths and bags, doesn't it?

Alli did a great job on the photo shoot! She's got an eye for it!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #800
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Such a lovely dress! I love that fabric.

You look fabulous in the photos, and Alli is a really talented photographer.
Thank you Ashley! I promise it's the photographer... I am not sure that anyone else in this world could make me look as good as she does... Alli has taken me out on photoshoots before, and there is just no one else in this world besides her and V that can create that kind of happiness in me... I don't know how else to describe it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
What a beautiful dress!! The fabric is beautiful also. You are so talented!!
Thank you! I just love that fabric - I really want to order more. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Don't worry about it. You can't get enough of Robert Downey Jr. Besides I wasn't on last night anyway.

Love your super secret project.
Thank you so much! You must be down to mere days now before your trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Wow! I love the dress! I haven't yet taken that leap to making clothes for myself but this helps push me closer to that edge. It is super flattering. Great job!
Thank you! You should - it was so much FUN! I doubt I will ever purchase a dress for myself again - you don't know how many times I have cried in a fitting room, and part of the reason I don't often dress up is because I can never find anything... But this - well - it was amazing! I highly recommend making your own "something" just to get the feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Alli is such a very talented photographer!! I love the railroad pictures, and she did a great job with your photo shoot!!!

I love the dress too!!! It looks whimsical, but not childish. Great fabric!
Thank you! I am so very proud of her!

And thank you - I just love that fabric! I wish it wasn't discontinued... I'd really LOVE to buy enough to make myself this dress again in a smaller size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I adore the dress. I am debating making myself a shirt for our trip but we shall see. I finish one thing and add 10 others LMAO>

Awesome pictures of you.
Thanks Chiara!!! I hope you make something for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post

Remember me???
No? Hahahaha... I love ya Mo - Just kidding.

Quote:
I love the meet and greets and it is about time i see some pictures of princesses who are VERY PRETTY!!! oh the Disney Princess are pretty too! Seriously the princesses have been lacking in the pretty part lately..
Awww... Thank you!

Quote:
the dress you made is beautiful.. the Pictures are fantastic! i am SO PROUD of A and the work she is putting out there. the train tracks are awesome. her focal point! She has come such a long way taking that class!!!
Very talented family you have.. extraordinarily talented.
Thank you Mo - that means a lot coming from you with your extraordinary talent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
I LOVE your dress! Beautiful!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
D~ your dress is beautiful! It looks great with just the plain hem. I'm not so much into ruffles either. However, I would like to see it without the jacket....
Thanks Tess! Yes, I did forget to take the jacket off... Josh and I are supposed to go out for a couples shoot (soon) and I plan on wearing that dress again - I will remember to take the jacket off, as the dress is very cute with out it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
What a nice dress you have made. Alli is a very talented photographer. Lovely pictures of you.
Thank you very much Lillian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, I already said it on FB, but I will say it again here too; those pictures are absolutely fabulous that Alli took of you.
Thank you Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I love the colors in that dress. And you are right, it doesn't need a frilly border. There is too much going on with the flowered print and different fabrics for that.
Thanks! Yah - I just love those prints together though - maybe it's because I am quite busy in real life? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I first start sewing clothes because I could never get pants that weren't two inches too short and sleeves that ended two inches above my wrist. I've spent many a winter with frozen wrists because my coat sleeves were too short. Thankfully, they are long enough now. It is nice that you found a pattern that worked so well for you.
Yes - the thought just never occured to me... Seeing as I have only been sewing for a few years - I just never thought to make my own stuff... I think I am about to change that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfandel View Post
You did a beautiful job on that dress love the colors!! Can't wait to see your next creation! Hope you have a great week.
Thanks Jane! I hope you have a wonderful week too - I should have my next custom posted today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Super Secret Project for ...YOU!!! I'm so happy for you. It looks great! You look great! And you're so very lucky to have your very own personal photographer!
I know! I was so happy that I was able to talk her into it. LOL

Quote:
Go For the matching bag - if you have time.
Hahaha... If I have time? LOL Since when do I not have time??? LOL

Quote:
I've gone in my sewing room to iron things since I got home that that is it, I got the crud with cough and DH had knee surgery on Friday, so he's been...challenging this weekend and the DR office just told him TODAY that this minor surgery was going to keep him out of work all week. Oh well, the dog's happy.
Oh no... I hope both you and DH are feeling better soon. Bummer that he isn't able to work - Josh was out for about a week with his recovery from his knee surgery...

Quote:
I love the idea of taking a "kid" custom and making it work for a teen or grown-up.
Yes, it's coming together very "interestingly"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Yeah it was considering it's the only time we've ever ran into her. Let's just say we saw Ariel right after her and she more than made up for the interaction we had. She saw what happened and you could just see the shock in her face as we walked away from Mulan. When I filed my complaint I was told under no circumstances should a character make a guest feel horrible!! I understand Mulan's character but she just went over and beyond with what she did.

WOW!! The dress turned out amazing!!! Love all the pictures! Looks like you guys were having a great time!!
Thank you Sandra!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post

Quote:
I'm BAAAAACK! I ended up having 3 surgeries in 6 days. Yep, that's right. I am in TONS of pain right now, but being able to get back to the DIS boards has helped. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes. They were greatly appreciated.
Welcome back!!!! It's great to see you again. So sorry you had to have so many surgeries - hopefully that's done with and you can begin healing now.

Quote:
D - I LOVE your dress! It is AWESOME! You look fabulous in it. I don't think I would have liked the ruffles so I am glad you don't have them. I am so glad you were able to this FOR YOU! You really deserve it.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Is Ali thinking about becoming a professional photographer? She is very talented and I think she'd be a GREAT photographer.
Yes, that is what she is planning... She has only had her camera for under a year, so I am very proud of her!

Quote:
When you announce your Super Secret Project, will you give us a link to it? I usually have a hard time finding new threads - computer challenged, you know!
Hahaha... I did - it's right in the post which has all the links to the bags in this TR - on the first page... I think it's the 3rd post?

Quote:
D, I want you to know how much I have loved your TR. When I read your TR, I feel like we are old friends and you've invited me into your kitchen and we are chatting over coffee. You are such a warm and caring person and even though we are on computers several states away from each other, I feel so welcome. You have many gifts and the way you make people feel so special is one of the best ones!
Awww... Thank you very much. You all are the reason I do this every day - I love "seeing" you all here... And it's very important to me that I respond to each and every person - I've posted many a TR/PTR where the person running it doesn't even adknowledge the people reading it... So, eventually I just quit following those ones... I am a people person - and if people are kind enough to respond to my posts, I am sure going to adknowledge them. And besides - LOOK at all these GREAT Dis friends I have made! I wouldn't have it any other way. But I do have to respond every day - or I fall behind in my own TR. LOL

Quote:
I am leaving on my Disney cruise in 24 days. I have so enjoyed reading your TR that I am thinking I should start a PTR too. I know mine won't be near as good as yours, D, but I can at least try!
Yay!!! I hope you do - I would love to follow along! Please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
D-

WOW! That dress is so cute! It looks really comfy and I love the colors in the fabric. Very good color choice for you. It really looks cute with the jean jacket too- great choice. And please tell Alli that she has a great eye for photography. Her angles and composition are terrific. She has some great camera skills!! Her train track pics and the pics of you were all outstanding.

Liesel
Thank you Liesel!!! I will tell her - she will be thrilled that so many love her photos.

So, how did it go with the 201?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
D~! What an absolutely wonderful gallery of photopass photos!! So many brilliant pictures.

I commented on FB that your dress is just lovely. Everything about it is perfect. What a great reflection of both your skills with the dress and your daughter's photography skills.
Thank you Brenda!!!! That was so nice of you to say!!!!

OK all - gotta run! I will try to post something later today!!!

D~
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #801
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I loved all of the photopass pictures you posted over the weekend. I think the Dug and Russell ones are my favorite. I'm thinking we might be meeting them in a few weeks because both Jim and I love Dug. He reminds us of our dogs, they definitely know the word "squirrel". Jim actually found a squirrel's tail in our house Saturday. Not sure what happened to the rest of the poor thing.

Beautiful dress and beautiful pictures! I am so jealous of Alli's talent as a photographer!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #802
Clio
Mouseketeer

Your dress looks reall cute on you. You did great job on your first adult dress. Seeing it almost makes me want to sew a dress for myself. It's been years ince I made anything other than a halloween costume or purse.
Ally's a very talented photographer. I l30 tonightove looked at her work.
I'm working til 9:30 tonight in photo. Got to love those late shifts. Nothing gets done at home.
Liz
Old 10-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #803
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thank you so much! You must be down to mere days now before your trip...
I'm officially in the teens.

But it won't seem real until I actually see the castle. And now I'm sweating this government furlough (I'm a fed). Trip is paid for, so money isn't an issue. And we'll get back paid.

Unfortunately, some government employees are being called back. Which is fine with me, except they aren't being allowed to use leave. The justification is that since they are essential, it can't look like they can take vacation while the government is officially shut down.

I'm getting nightmares of being called back to work and them cancelling my Disney leave. Which I think they can do.

I already had one much-anticipated vacation cancelled due to illness. I don't even want to think about Disney being cancelled.

I just wish they'd reopen the government back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #804
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 9 Part B

I left you all as we were approaching Crystal Palace...

Now, Crystal Palace is a MUST-DO for us, not just a simple must-do, but a serious must-do, a trip is not a trip with out CP... But it must be breakfast - and it must be before the park opens on our very last day. See... Well - it's important that we view MK when it still sparkles.

We checked in for our 8:05 ADR, and we were seated almost immediately. Our server was Edward - he was a nice enough guy, but a bit on the non-Disney-happy side... Which is OK - because pretty much anyone would be better than our server at 'Ohana or our server (Elaine - I will never forget her name) at 50's PT on our prevous trip (Yes, she was that bad).

We immediately went up to the buffet... We filled up our plates - everything looked delicious... The puffed french toast was ahhhhh-mazing!!! But when I bit into my biscuits/egge/sausage - they were all cold... Not just luke warm cold, but refridgerator cold. Weird. I mentioned something to Edward - I was thinking that maybe I'd enjoyed my french toast too long... But when I went up for seconds - I took more sausage, and sure enough - it was COLD. It was a bit later when Edward came back to inform me they were having issues with one of the warmers, and he thanked me for bringing it to their attention. They could have brought me some warm stuff - but oh well.

The characters started coming around shortly after...

We saw all of the characters and left CP promtly at 9am.

When we exited, there was a Photopass Photographer right there - so we had our photo taken.

And then we were off... Where to this morning girls???? We still have a lot to accomplish in MK - and this is our very last day to do it.

Link to Day 9 Part C

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-09-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #805
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I've been debating whether we wanted to add CP to our list of "restaurants to try next trip".

Guess we will have to now. The food looks yummy!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #806
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #807
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

CP breakfast is always fun, especially if it's before park opening. But cold sausage is never good.

Your trip report is almost over. I can't believe how quickly you have knocked it out.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #808
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

I am so far behind in your TR. I quickly read the last few pages, but I wanted to say you looked FABULOUS in that dress that you made. Alli took some beautiful pictures of you. She definitely has a special talent with the camera. Back to catch up on you TR!
Have a wonderful day'
Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #809
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, what a wonderful breakfast (although they certainly should have offered to bring you warm sausage or to heat it up for you).

Love the pictures with all of the characters.

As you know, CP is a must-do for us almost every trip too (except our December trips).

Great photopass picture.

I can't wait to see where you go first.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #810
Clio
Mouseketeer

Your Crystal Palace breakfast looks good. Sorry it was cold. We've never had breakfast there. I just asked my daughter if she'd like to and she said that 8 in the morning way too early. This is first someone who gets up at 4 every day to go to work. We always eat dinner there on our first day.
Liz

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: