Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #766
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
If it only took you one hour to rip out three hours of work...consider yourself LUCKY!

When quilting, it takes about one hour to rip out 15 minutes of quilting!

You had it easy! LOL!

Nini
Well - it was 3 hours of ruffling... but since I couldn't use my ruffler - I used my longest stitch, so it was fairly easy to rip out... Just really annoying. LOL But if you think about how long those stitches are, and it took me an HOUR - that is a LOT of work.

D~
Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #767
cogero
DIS Veteran

ripping out things annoys me, I usually wind up ruining things.

I totally love all your pictures.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #768
Clio
Mouseketeer

I hate ripping things apart after I make a mistake. Your passport photos turned out well. We never spend a lot of time at the Animal kingdom. It was in the 90's the whole time we were down there. The animals weren't very active that day.
Liz
Old 10-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #769
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

can't wait for the reveal!!!tomorrow?
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #770
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Love the pictures with Mulan!! The pose with the hands is cute!! We've only met her once and had a very bad interaction with her. So bad I actually had to file a complaint which I hate doing.

I do like all the other pictures as well. Very Nice!

Can't wait to see pictures of the SSP!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 10-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #771
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, trying to catch up after driving to Dubuque to meet the new grandpuppy and see the kids.

What wonderful Photopass pictures. I especially like the ones with the characters from UP and the one with Mickey and Minnie is outstanding!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #772
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Love the PP pictures!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #773
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Well! I have a super secret too. So there ----- I should be able to announce it in a few days, maybe....
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Old 10-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #774
Skycat
Earning My Ears

I must say that I have enjoyed hearing about your adventures, viewing your photos, and getting much needed advice from you. Thank you.

Oct 13 PTR
Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #775
summerw
Mouseketeer

You inspired me

I just wanted to let you know... I loved your trip report so much between the bags and your girls that I went back to read your last report. I cannot believe that you had just begun sewing after so many years and were able to create such beautiful things!!!

It gave me the kick in the pants I've been needing. I'm a graphic designer and do mostly layout work, coupons, postcards, brochures. I have steady clients that give me a pretty steady income, but I've always been too intimidated to go out and find new ones in different areas of design.

Your trip report inspired me to start doing research and branching out. I started participating in some sites that do logo contests (designers submit logos and business owners pick their favorite and pay between $150 and $600). Well, I won one of the first contests I entered and have started my own Disneyworld fund, just like you do with your sewing.

Not only did your side-business-that-pays-for-Disney inspire me, but also seeing that you had the confidence to branch out and then became so talented so quickly gave me the push I needed. I know that in the just week and a half I've been working almost constantly I've come a long long way. Thank you so much for putting your story out there. Hopefully I'll make enough to get to Disneyworld again and will see you there so I can ogle your bags in person. Much love to you and your girls. Summer
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #776
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
ripping out things annoys me, I usually wind up ruining things.

I totally love all your pictures.
I know - I was very annoyed with myself. Sigh - oh well. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I hate ripping things apart after I make a mistake. Your passport photos turned out well. We never spend a lot of time at the Animal kingdom. It was in the 90's the whole time we were down there. The animals weren't very active that day.
Liz
Yes - it was very warm, which is why we only did half days at AK this trip... which totaly bums me out - since this is not normal for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
can't wait for the reveal!!!tomorrow?
It was supposed to be last night, but my family wanted to watch Iron Man 3 - so... Right away this morning though, I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Love the pictures with Mulan!! The pose with the hands is cute!! We've only met her once and had a very bad interaction with her. So bad I actually had to file a complaint which I hate doing.

I do like all the other pictures as well. Very Nice!

Can't wait to see pictures of the SSP!!
That is such a bummer about your interaction with Mulan.

I am uploading the pictures now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, trying to catch up after driving to Dubuque to meet the new grandpuppy and see the kids.

What wonderful Photopass pictures. I especially like the ones with the characters from UP and the one with Mickey and Minnie is outstanding!
Your grandpuppy is so cute!!! And from the photos on Facebook - he seems to love you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Love the PP pictures!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Well! I have a super secret too. So there ----- I should be able to announce it in a few days, maybe....

ACK!!!! YOu can't do that to me Tess!!! LOL Hmmmm, what could it be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycat View Post
I must say that I have enjoyed hearing about your adventures, viewing your photos, and getting much needed advice from you Thank you.
Thanks! I am glad you are enjoying my TR... I love writing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerw View Post
I just wanted to let you know... I loved your trip report so much between the bags and your girls that I went back to read your last report. I cannot believe that you had just begun sewing after so many years and were able to create such beautiful things!!!
Welcome! Thank you! I am very impressed that you went back and read my old TR too... That's awesome!

Quote:
It gave me the kick in the pants I've been needing. I'm a graphic designer and do mostly layout work, coupons, postcards, brochures. I have steady clients that give me a pretty steady income, but I've always been too intimidated to go out and find new ones in different areas of design.
This is way cool! I am so glad you are branching out to discover more sides to your creativity!

Quote:
Your trip report inspired me to start doing research and branching out. I started participating in some sites that do logo contests (designers submit logos and business owners pick their favorite and pay between $150 and $600). Well, I won one of the first contests I entered and have started my own Disneyworld fund, just like you do with your sewing.
WTG!!!! I am so proud of you - what an amazing accomplishment! And to start your WDW fund! That's awesome too!

Quote:
Not only did your side-business-that-pays-for-Disney inspire me, but also seeing that you had the confidence to branch out and then became so talented so quickly gave me the push I needed. I know that in the just week and a half I've been working almost constantly I've come a long long way. Thank you so much for putting your story out there. Hopefully I'll make enough to get to Disneyworld again and will see you there so I can ogle your bags in person. Much love to you and your girls. Summer
Thanks! I would love to meet up too, if we ever make it to WDW at the same time! I am glad you are enjoying my reports - I hope you hang around to see the conclusion.

Yesterday was a pretty fun day for me... But I can't tell you all about it here - it deserves it's own post.

However, I did start off with working on Victoria's first custom for our next trip - I was able to get her muslin made and with a few adjustments to the seam allowance here and there, I should be ready to work on assembling it in my spare time! I am super excited about this - and so is she!

BIG gap in my day here....

Then last night, Josh made pork chops on the grill - NUM!

And we all watched Iron Man 3, it was a great night and a great weekend.

Today, I am starting my next custom order - which is NOT a bag. Just in case, I've scheduled 2 weeks for this order - but I truly doubt it will take me that long. At least I hope not. LOL

Tonight is Zumba...

I hope you all have a fantastic day! Stay tuned for the posting of my Super Secret Project!

D~
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #777
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I can't wait!! I'm also curious about your custom that's not a bag !!

I've been following along and enjoying your PP pictures! You really got some great ones!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #778
DMGeurts

Super Secret Project #1

Well, technically - this is #3, but since it's the first one I've posted about - we'll just call it #1.

As you all know, in my spare time, I've been cooking up something fun... I've been a bit cryptic about it, because - well - I was a little unsure of it...

So, when I first started sewing, I saw this gorgeous fabric - and I knew I had to have it... I had no idea what I was going to make with it, as the pattern size was just too big for doll outfits (remember, I used to make those? LOL)... So, it remained folded on my shelf.

So, then when we returned from our trip - Victoria had seen a custom outfit in Disney that she wanted, I put her on the mission of finding a pattern that would work for the above mentioned custom. Since it was a little girl wearing this outfit - we needed something else ~ahem~ something with a bust. So, she looked for days and days, and finally fell in love with a dress she found - which coincidentally - would work perfectly for her custom. Cool!

I went to this pattern maker's website, and low and behold - I found lots of great patterns and dresses that I would LOVE for myself too....

And then I remembered my fabric...

And I remembered Tasha's dress...

And I remembered Brenda's dress...

Hmmmm....

Well, I ordered Victoria's pattern, and then I ordered a couple more for myself... And I still have a few more in my cart that I plan to purchase in the future... It's a slippery slope people, I forsee lots of new dresses in my future.

In the end - I had to upsize the biggest pattern available - which is pretty sad - but, on the plus side... I wound up with the very first dress that fit me properly in my entire life!! How cool is that? An epiphany of sorts... Wow... All of these years, I've been trying to stuff my body into dress clothes that are made for perfectly proportionate people - which I am not.

I had so much fun putting this dress together - and watching these gorgeous fabrics come together into something I just loved....

My only issue was with the bottom of the dress - I am still not 100% happy with that part... It was supposed to have a ruffled bottom, but when I tried it on - it was too ruffly for a grown woman to wear - so I ripped it all out and opted to go with the regular edge.

In the end - I LOVE this dress so much - I may end up making it again in a smaller size - once I get down there. LOL

So, yesterday, I made Alli take me out on a photoshoot.... I apologize to those of you who saw these photos on FB last night, that you have to see them here again today... But I just LOVE how they turned out, there is NO way I could pick just one....

The girls and I started off in a small park downtown by the river...

And then we found this rock... See how tall it is on me?

Then the girls thought it would be a brilliant idea if I SAT on the rock... Hmmm... Now, if I was wearing normal clothes - this would be difficult - in a dress... Well, it was quite comical - to say the least. Alli knelt down, and I (very carefully and trepidiciously) stood on her back... At that point - the rock was waist high, but I still couldn't crawl up there, so she slowly started "elevatoring" me up there - until finally I made it.... PHEW!!!! I didn't even let my mind think about how I was going to get down... LOL

Then we walked further downtown...

And we found another little park - which used to be a parking lot... We took a bunch of pictures here... I love the mural on the wall behind me and how it pops with my dress.

As we were leaving this little park - I decided to stand on the other side of the fence... I really love how these turned out too! And LOOK! I am wearing my hidden Mickey bracelet!

Then we drove over to another park on the other side of town... I really love these pictures too!

I hope you all enjoyed seeing waaaay too many pictures of my new dress. LOL And I told you - it was fun - but it was nothing I would ever make for anyone else, this was just for me.

Now... I am itching for a coordinating bag... Sigh. Hahahaha....

D~
Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #779
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Such a lovely dress! I love that fabric.

You look fabulous in the photos, and Alli is a really talented photographer.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #780
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

What a beautiful dress!! The fabric is beautiful also. You are so talented!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: