Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #691
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Stop by when you can!!

That's great that Alli is wanting to try something new. I could never do it!!

I've loved all the pictures I've seen of FOTLK. We saw Nemo in 2009 but missed Lion King. Hopefully will make it next year!!

Ahhhh!! Of course I'd love the Lady bag!! The colors are very pretty together!! Looks great!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #692
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

The Lady bag is gorgeous! That fabric is beautiful and the applique is perfect!

The Cranfest trip looks like a lot of fun - love your room!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #693
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Hello,

Hubby to Sewdisney here. She asked me to get on here to give you her apologies because she won't be visiting this site for at least several days - she had emergency surgery today. She said she is sure she would love your "creations" and she is sorry she won't be commenting on them any time soon. She says to keep up the fantastic work and she is looking forward to getting back on here.

Thank you.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #694
Becca0711
Earning My Ears

Oh no! Praying for a swift recovery!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #695
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

D - Love the Lion King Show. Miss the days when Midori would get picked to participate in the kids dance around near the end of the show. To old now... Cant believe I am saying DD is to old for something. OMG, she going to be 14 in 9 days.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 10-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #696
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
So glad you're back! Hope you had an awesome time in my neck of the woods! BTW, we have a youth retreat at that lodge every October! What a small world!
Hahaha... Small world Tasha! So, will you be there this October?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Can't wait to see the photos of the newest D creation!

Tell Alli I said Good Job on having the guts to at least try new things. Whether she continues for the rest of her life or not, she is still a brave girl to at least try it.
I will do that - thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Glad Alli has a better idea of being a vegetarian.

Can't wait to see your next bag,.
Yes, she is much better about it. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Oh my goodness! I love those animals...and small world...I had that exact pattern..in fact I still have some of it that we use when the kids go camping... I didn't retire it until about 15 years ago....and I am getting ready to retire the set/pattern I have now. (it is cheaper to buy a new set than to continue replacing the spoons every time we have a family get together!...Mr D likes to throw them out...)

Nini
Yah- the animals are cool - I just don't know where I am going to display them? The bird is quite heavy.

LOL - I seriously NEED new spoons for my set - we are down to 8 tea spoons. The sad part is - I bet $100 if I go back to our old house - I will find them buried in the yard... The girls used to love digging in the dirt with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Why a great way to wind down your AK day!

Those metal creatures are fantastic! He truly is an artisan!
Yes! They are super cool - I hope he is there next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Impressive animals your right he has quite the mind to think these things up. Love it
Thanks! I was so excited to get one... Normally, that is something I would walk away from, because I couldn't make up my mind - so I am glad I was able to make a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Sounds like fun at the craft fair and those little guys you purchased are adorable and very unique. I think you're right in that he would do well selling on the internet. Thanks for sharing the pics of your Target buddies and your room.
Any time- I hope you all enjoyed them.

Quote:
Oh gosh those photos of Lion King were great! Puts me right there! And I've never had one of those pretzels, but I don't care for cream cheese and now can't have it or the pretzel, so I guess that ship sailed for me. Dan would love it though.
Glad you liked the photos. Bummer about the pretzel... but there are so many things to eat there that are delicious - I am sure you have a favorite.

Quote:
Hey, btw, any forward movement on the remodel? I was thinking of that the other day. I know you haven't mentioned it, so thought I would ask.
Grrr... No... I wish I could say yes... but we've decided to wait a little while on it. I am kind of bummed, but it will happen eventually - and when it does - I am ready to pounce. LOL

Quote:
I'll check back later to see the latest bag. I know it will be wonderful.
Thanks Lois!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, I've heard a lot about those Jalapeno Pretzels (Todd loves them); we've never had one because neither of us like Jalapeno. But glad you took care of that item on your list.
Yah - I can see where you probably wouldn't enjoy them then... There are the sweet cream cheese pretzels in MK though at the Lunching Pad... Which are a bit better IMO.

Quote:
Love It's Tough to Be a Bug and Festival of the Lion King. You are the second person I heard say they sit up top against the railing.
Yup - it's the best place to sit!

Quote:
What unique artwork you picked up at the craft fair.
Thanks! I am still very excited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Those metal animals looks great
Thank you! I think they are super cool! I hope to have a small family of them some day.

Quote:
D, I love it...it is perfect!
Thank you Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I love the fabric you have used on this bag. And the applique is amazing.
Thank you! I loved the fabric too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Lady is pefect! You continue to amaze
Yum.....jalapeno pretzel. Yeah thats a must do for sure!

Love the little "animals" I've seen them somewhere around here. I think at the balloon festival I went to in VT in June. Pretty cool.
Thanks!

Really? You've seen them elsewhere??? Cool!!! I know this guy is from WI, and he didn't appear to travel much - so I doubt it was him in VT. But maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfandel View Post
Glad that you had so much fun at Cranfest. I'm with Suzi do they grow cranberries there?
Yes, they do grow cranberries - but I am not sure that they grow most of them??? I am not really sure- I woudl have to do some research.

Quote:
Love the animals you bought from recycled metal items. That bird is great....
Thanks! Yah - he's pretty cool!

Quote:
Lady has some really awesome fabric and I love her expression. Hope you have a great week.
Thank you! I hope you have a great week too!

Quote:
Allie - Good for you going vegitarian and we are enjoying what pictures your mother has posted.

Jane
I will pass your message along to her - I am not sure when she will be on again - she is super swamped with school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Those metal creations are just soooo cool! We have a big craft/art festival here the first weekend of October every year. It's called St. James Art Fair. It takes place in an old part of town, with the center of the festival surrounding a fountain in the middle of a round-a-bout (aptly named St. James Circle). They have all sorts of fun stuff like this made by local artists and crafters. I haven't been in about 5 years though.
You should go check it out! I love going to craft fairs!

Quote:
I think the Lady bag is so awesome! I absolutley LOVE the patterned fabric as the main fabric on the outside of the bag. I think that a subtle print like this as well as polka-dots are WONDERFUL for your bage. I am SOOO excited to have my very own in just 8.5 short months
Thank you! I love doing the patterned exterior, if I can find a subtle print - like you said. I feel like if the prints are too much - then it takes away from the applique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
For someone who was gone all weekend sure as heck threw out an enormous update!!!!
It wasn't that big?

Quote:
I LOVE your finds!!! LOVE THEM
Thanks!!! I was really intrigued by them - he had so many... He even had some yard stakes - just really cool stuff. I wish I would have taken a photo.

Quote:
the jalapeno pretzel is my favorite too!!! great pictures from FOLK! my pet peeve is the people with ipads like in your pictures!!! UGH! kills me.
I didn't even notice the Ipads. LOL

Quote:
the drunk shirts.. OF COURSE we need them now.. they are FAMOUS!!! like you!
Hahaha about the shirts... And I am not famous... I just talk a lot.

Quote:
Lady bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
OK i really have a TON of catching up to do. but i am running out of time here...
Sorry... I hope you had a great day at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Love the Lady bag!!! You choose great fabrics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Awesome bag! That jalapeño pretze was yummy!
Thanks! Yes - I do love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
The metal animals are so cute!!

That bag is WONDERFUL!!! You really did capture Lady's expression so well in this one!! I LOVE the outside and inside fabrics!!

Getting gift cards already?? So when's the next trip?
Thank you!

Yes... I am starting my GCs already... Can't release the trip dates yet though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Stop by when you can!!

That's great that Alli is wanting to try something new. I could never do it!!
I don't think I ever could either.

Quote:
I've loved all the pictures I've seen of FOTLK. We saw Nemo in 2009 but missed Lion King. Hopefully will make it next year!!
We have never done the Nemo show (don't even know where it is)... but it is on my must do list - some day.

Quote:
Ahhhh!! Of course I'd love the Lady bag!! The colors are very pretty together!! Looks great!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
The Lady bag is gorgeous! That fabric is beautiful and the applique is perfect!

The Cranfest trip looks like a lot of fun - love your room!
Thanks! Yah - we did have a lot of fun! I think we are planning to go again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Hello,

Hubby to Sewdisney here. She asked me to get on here to give you her apologies because she won't be visiting this site for at least several days - she had emergency surgery today. She said she is sure she would love your "creations" and she is sorry she won't be commenting on them any time soon. She says to keep up the fantastic work and she is looking forward to getting back on here.

Thank you.
Oh no!!! Thank you for stopping by to let us know. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please let her know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca0711 View Post
Oh no! Praying for a swift recovery!
Me too.

Well, I worked all day in my sewing room yesterday... Overall - it was a good day. I was able to get in an hour on one of my side projects too, so that was nice.

Then, I had to run to town to pick up the girls... Alli had an appointment. Afterwards, we went to Goodwill - Victoria wanted to get an outfit for "back to the 90's" for Homecoming week... So, we found her a pair of HIGH waisted Guess jeans - a tee shirt and a coordinating sweater... She plans to borrow Josh's fanny pack and my thick soled sandals. I was laughing hysterically while she was trying all of this on... She couldn't believe the zipper was about 18" long.

Josh met me in town and took the girls home.

I went to Target and hung out in Starbucks... I had a water and a Greek yogert to tide me over.

Then I had my Zumba class... I like it more and more each week - and each week I sweat more and more too... So maybe I am getting somethign out of it? It's so much fun to go with my coworkers though!

Then I came home and had leftover chili for dinner and straight to bed.

I will be working in my sewing room all day today.

I hope you each have a wonderful day!

D~
Old 10-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #697
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 8 Part D

The girls and I napped in our room until 3:30, then we boarded a bus at 4pm... Oh yes... One more must-do to cram into the end of our trip...

Yup... Since we had WPF&M passes, we had to try out Typhoon Lagoon...

Photobomber...

I found a chair to put in at the edge of the Crush n' Gusher pool, while the girls went for a ride. I did not want to spend the $$ on a locker this time, as I was starting to run "short" on funds. In all reality - I had the funds, but I was hoping for a few more souvenirs for myself. So, I opted to put my feet in the water, and hold on to our bag myself.

This was my view:

The girls really liked this water coaster - but they did not like having to haul their tubes up themselves.

So, they headed to the wave pool. I decided to stay put... After about 30 minutes of waiting for them to come back, I made my way over to the wave pool to try to find them...

Um yah - not happenin'.

Do you see them?

How about this one?

Or this one? I did find a Photopass photographer though...

It's best if you take the advice of the boueys... Just sayin'... :whistle:

So, I took up residence on one of the rock benches near shore - which, as I found out very shortly - are almost consumed with water when the tide rolls in. So, as I sat there, through wave after wave - I decided that I kind of liked my spot, as the water up to my knees at times was very refreshing.

Eventually, Victoria spotted me... So I grabbed the Photopass photographer, and he was kind enough to snap a few photos. Now, normally - I would NOT post photos of myself in a swimsuit, but amazingly, these photos are actually quite good... And some of my favorite Photopass pictures from the trip.

After that - Victoria went back near Alli, and they played F.O.R.E.V.E.R. in the wave pool. They had no interest in doing anything else in TL - which was fine with me, after a hot morning/early afternoon in AK - I was more than happy just to sit there enjoying the water on my legs.

Right before we left, we were able to grab Alli for a Photopass picture too.

We left Typhoon Lagoon at 6:30 - the park closed at 7. We all decided that on the next trip - we must do a full day at TL! This was a FUN park and we were only able to do 2 things.

This time we were prepared for the crappy shared bus with DTD, and we rode all. the. way. around. to FQ.

The girls and I showered and changed, then we went down to the food court for dinner.

V had spaghetti and meatballs.
Alli and I split a large pepperoni pizza.

Both were very good.

Our good CM friend - Santos - entertained. We sill love Santos. He is our friend on FB now - so we keep in touch. Santos also went back and personally made the girls some beignets for dessert... While he was back there - V snuck back to take a picture...

Santos makes the BEST beignets! And he even left us a note on them!

For dessert - I had one of FQ's icecream cookie sandwiches... WOW! These things are MAMMOTH!!!! I only ate the top half. LOL

Then, it was almost time for another Dismeet... My sewing friend Tricia (whose Disname also happens to be Tricia) and her DH (Bill) came to FQ to meet with us. It was great meeting them, and fun to hear all about their trip. Not the best picture - but please just let me think it's the angle of the camera, and not the pizza/icecream cookie I'd just eatn.

We went back to our room and prepped for our final full WDW day... We were in bed by 10:30.

Link to Day 9 Part A

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 10-04-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #698
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you are enjoying Zumba! Good for you for hanging in there, it's a good workout.

I am not sure if we are going for sure, this is the first year in "forever" that we aren't definitely going. Our school district cancelled the dates for the annual teachers conference and so the kids don't have those days off anymore.

I already said it on FB, but I LOVE the lady UPB. You are so good at picking patterns and colors! I am so excited.........
Old 10-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #699
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Those metal creations are just soooo cool! We have a big craft/art festival here the first weekend of October every year. It's called St. James Art Fair. It takes place in an old part of town, with the center of the festival surrounding a fountain in the middle of a round-a-bout (aptly named St. James Circle). They have all sorts of fun stuff like this made by local artists and crafters. I haven't been in about 5 years though.
Whereabouts in Kentucky is it? Can't be too terribly far from my part of Kentucky (right across the river from Cincinnati). I love a good craft festival. Unfortunately, we already have plans for this weekend. Plus we have Disney in 3 1/2 weeks. However, maybe next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
We have never done the Nemo show (don't even know where it is)... but it is on my must do list - some day.
It's worth it. It's on the right hand side of the park. Good show. Dunno if we're going to have time to do it this trip. I think we'll only be at AK for about six hours this trip. DD and DGD are attending MNNSHP that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!

Last edited by LadyBeBop; 10-01-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #700
solana131
DIS Veteran

You look great in those pics! TL sounds like so much fun....maybe some day if I have a trip longer than a week.

What a great day...just sitting there relaxing by the water...in Disney....ahhhh

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #701
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, D. LOVE the photopass pictures...you all look great.

Even though we don't do water parks anymore (no elevators, remember?), we always loved Typhoon Lagoon more than Blizzard Beach.

Another DIS meet!

RIP Genie
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #702
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Hello,

Thank you.
Feel better soon.

I met Tricia too and for got to take a picture.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR

Last edited by cogero; 10-01-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #703
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

love it!

I think this Lady bag is my new favorite of the bags you have done that fabric is beautiful. I just love Lady and the Tramp. I am making myself a Dumbo bag still don't know how to do the appliques but I bought a premade one to put on the bag that has him with his circus tent. Celebrating one year untell Disney whoot!!

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 10-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #704
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

WOW! I just can NOT keep up at all......

I love the bag! I love the updates.... but most of all I love the idea of a girls trip......please, please, please....I wanna gooooooooooo!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #705
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: