Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #256
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

I have to make sure I don't keep falling behind on your TR. I am so far behind again Multi-tasking again at work Good thing I am working from home today, but I still have lots to get done. Need to stay on schedule, especially because I am learning to sew and my project is waiting for me. I had a huge bump in the road, the machine I was using broke! Thank goodness it was not my fault. Long story short ~ my dad decided to "fix" an article of clothing and the machine couldn't handle it. So I went out and bought myself a basic new machine. My mom said I could learn on her BRAND NEW machine.....umm, no thanks didn't want to take the change of anything happening to that machine.

So back to the really important things - the TR!!! D~ it is easier when they go to college. However, my DD decided to stay home. Trying to get her "settled" was a chore. I mean what girl does not understand the power of a credit card when making a purchase?? She was worried about going over the limit Glad she was thinking, but oh if she only knew! We are all settled into the college routine. But oh how I worry about her on campus!! Hope the girls are settled in and everything is going well for them.

-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Sully bag. Another beautiful job!!!
-AOA pics where just GREAT! Alli dance party was awesome. Something my DD would jump right in and do. Nothing shy about her.
-Patiently waiting on your BIG SUPER SECRET Project. The suspense is killing me!!
-Those socks you found were adorable, but just not that adorable for the price
-BB sounds AWESOME, just not that speedo guy - they need to have a guide line for bathing suits!
-Make your own pasta?! How did I not know abut this? It has now been added to my to do list when we go.

Have a fabulous day!! Off to work I go
Sweetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #257
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

I am a little late to the party, but oh my goodness, your family looks so fun! Loving your trip so far and can't wait to hear more about it. And I love that you use your creativity to fund your fun! Thanks for taking the time to share your Disney adventure!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #258
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

So, I knew I had done a Dismeet post once before - a few months back... So, I did a search in my most recent PTR and I found the post. Becuase the post was with in a HUGE/LONG/RAMBLING post of mine - rather than link to it - I thought I would just copy and paste the relevent portion of it here - that way I can link to it and find it later, when it's updated.

This is accurate up until we left for this trip...

The other day - Mo asked me how many Dismeets I have done. Well - quite honestly Mo - I have no idea... But I have speant the last few days trying to assemble all of my Dismeet photos - because you know... "A Dismeet didn't happen if you don't have photos to prove it..."

So.... Here we go...

Would you believe, I did not meet my first Diser until our trip last March? And guess who the very first Diser I ever met was???

It was Liddy!!! Some of you may remember Liddy? She doesn't post here very much any more, but she is due to have a baby in August... The girls and I still chat with her on FB all the time. Anyways - I don't have any photos of that first Dismeet, but I do have a photo of the Dismeet we did the following night...

Lidian, OopsiDaisy, me, and Corrine1973

Through out our March trip - we had several other Dismeets...

Lovethattink and her little boy (Ani)

Tinkbelle13 and her DH - they had just driven down from Canada this day...

There were 3 other Disers I met on my last WDW trip.. But sadly, no photos... Childatheart82 (whom we met at 50's PT), MerissaAndMomLoveDis (she approached me in the food court because she recognized my bag), and April (MinnieVanMom).

Then, last August - I flew out to Charlotte, NC for a HUGE Disboutiquers Dismeet and a weekend of Fabric Shopping... On this trip - I met soooo many Disers, I am not even sure I will get all their Dis names right? I also became very close with a few of these Diser too...

Marianne (MPhalens), Liz (babynala), Beth (Blyssful)...

We met Blessedmom4, VBAndrea & mommy2mrb... Also in this photo - their kids and Marianne, Liz, Beth and I...

Then the following morning we met... Ummm... Everyone??? L to R: Marianne (Mphalens), Jill (not sure of her Disname), Nicole (mommyof2princesses), Kristen (mkwj), Jennifer (DisneyTeacher01), Liz (Babynala), Mr. Charlie, Jessica (Jessica52877), Tammy (Disname?), D~ (Dmgeurts), Kim (The Moonk's Mom), and Beth (Blyssfull).

Then - this is where it gets a little fuzzy... Maybe Liz can help me out??? The following photo has the above people + a few more??? I know Amber (ambergreenawalt) is added in this group - otherwise, I think everyone else is named above somewhere.

This one is L to R: Kristin (mkwj), Liz (babynala), Marianne (mphalens), me, Beth (blyssful)... So - all of these people are named above, but it was a cute pic, so I had to post.

Then I met Flora (PurpleEars) at the MOA before Christamas...

And I also met Rachel (Mom2_3girls) at the MOA...However, we were in a lot of the same parks on the same days in March 2012, but we could never coordinate a meet...

Then, of course... Suzi (solana131) and Mo (chicagomo)...

So, I think that's it? I know it seems like a lot - but I know of so many people who have met many more Disers... I am so excited that I have more planned for this trip.

Which brings my final count to: 26??? If I counted correctly?

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #259
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow D~ YOU ARE LEGENDARY. You are going to need to use scheduling software to manage your social calendar and Dismeets. That is AWESOME. Thanks for sharing that.

One Diser that you noted that I would love to meet that I actually am familiar with is Judy (blessedmom4).

emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #260
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

That's STILL a lot of people!

Best part of this?!?! You meet some Amazing people who become closer then family!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #261
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
That's STILL a lot of people!

Best part of this?!?! You meet some Amazing people who become closer then family!
family whom STILL have not shared the all important bday party???!!!

sorry D~ for the hijack.....just had to give her a hard time!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #262
cogero
DIS Veteran

I just had to read 3 pages of replies since the last time I checked was yesterday morning.

Loved your update and am jealous of your Dismeets, though I have done a couple I only have pictures of 1.

Oh well I need ot get better with that

Hi Alli

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #263
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Wow D~ YOU ARE LEGENDARY. You are going to need to use scheduling software to manage your social calendar and Dismeets. That is AWESOME. Thanks for sharing that.

One Diser that you noted that I would love to meet that I actually am familiar with is Judy (blessedmom4).

I think D now gets the title of "legendary."
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #264
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Judy, I am determined to get over to POR one of these days for that pasta bar again. I loved it the one and only time we tried it.

How fun that you got to meet another DIS friend again.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #265
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

I haven't started reading yet but I'm looking forward to your adventure with your 2 girls in August.

I'm taking my 2 (albeit only 6 1/2 and 3 1/2 at time of trip) but dream about sharing Disney memories with them well into their teens.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

Hopeful for a 2015 trip!! (My 40th!!)
mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #266
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Your pasta at POR looked really yummy

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #267
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Hi Allison!! Sorry for the heaps of homework keeping you from us. Good Luck!!!

I could have a little bit of Disney type food everyday, if I was able to wait. Our Smart Cafe at work has a pasta station, although we use magnetic induction coils to cook (science center, remember?) And it is amazing how the raw ingredients that you pick become a yummy dish.

The food court was one of the best things about POR, in my opinion. I'd still like to stay on the "plantation" side someday (when DH has forgotten about the herding cats trip.)

Three D effects? hmmmm
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #268
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Wow, I need to get on the DIS more on the weekends! I think I was like 10 pages behind. Let's see what I remember to comment on.

Glad you guys woke up feeling better the next day!

Awesome meet and greets with Dug, Russell, Mickey & Minnie! I can't wait to see all the PP pictures.

EE 5 times in a row, wow! I would be .

What a bummer that Donald wasn't there for the picture at Tusker House. But at least it looks like Goofy cheered up V a bit!

Love the new Sulley bag and I'm anxiously awaiting to find out what your big super secret project is. I've decided I am seriously addicted to your bags. I seriously missed seeing new ones while you were gone.

The AOA food court sounds nuts! But I still want to stay there. I tend to like the values more because I love the in your face Disney!

Yeah for a DIS meet with Kathy & Suzi!

I love all the pictures of the Cars section. I really wish they would have done some regular rooms in each section because I want to stay in them all!

Looks like you had a fun day at Blizzard Beach. Rain Boots, Speedo & hair. That's all I have to say about that!

I have very fond memories of the POR food court as you can probably tell by my PTR! We ate there what, 4 times on our honeymoon!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #269
solana131
DIS Veteran

That MYO Pasta was one of the main reasons I wanted to stay at POR this last trip, but the benefits of the Poly outweighed the pasta I guess. I wanted to try it at AoA too, but there were too many other things that you can only get at AoA, so I will leave the pasta til next time.

Glad to see V learned from A's mistake when it comes to dumping your meal ON A PLATE, not the tray

So, why didn't you try for a boat instead of a bus?? You knew the buses usually picked up at FQ first. The boat is backwards....that would have been much quicker silly girl!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #270
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelyAlli View Post
Hey everyone This is Allison!! My mom, Dmgeurts, calls me Alli because she is lazy This is my first post, but i need 9 more to post some of those pictures you all have been waiting for!
Welcome Allison. Your mom has been kind enough to show us some of your pictures and I have to say I am impressed with your photography skills. I especially liked the pictures you took of Victoria this past winter. I hope we don't scare you off with our silliness.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures from your trip.

D~ WOW, that is an amazing amount of Dismeets. So cool that you have gotten to meet so many folks. The mall of america should give you a parking pass since you attract so many customers.

That food court does look like a nice place to sit and enjoy a meal. I didn't realize that you got to meet up with Nicole and Sara Beth.

I bought my pp+ yesterday but was only able to use 2 gift cards. I don't know if I punched the number of one of them in wrong or something but it only took two of them and then charged my cc for the rest. It was the new Photopass site and it wouldn't let you see your charges before it processed the order. Again, I might have punched in the numbers wrong but its not like I won't spend that 3rd card! Thanks again for the insight.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: