Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #241
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelyAlli View Post
Hey everyone This is Allison!! My mom, Dmgeurts, calls me Alli because she is lazy This is my first post, but i need 9 more to post some of those pictures you all have been waiting for!
Welcome Allison - My mom always shortened my name and I HATED it because then everyone then called me by a name I didn't like! I can't wait to see your photos and get your take on your trip. Good to see school is going well. I hope it doesn't get worse for you!
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #242
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi Allison! Welcome to our crazy boards!

Hahahaha. Your outtake this time is awesome. "Wait, what?"

Blizzard Beach. Love it!

My brother and SIL got confused in July thinking that the towels were free. I always bring a towel along, so we all had to share like the 2 that we had. Awesome that the CM waived the fee though.

We did Teamboat Springs like 4 times on our Blizzard Beach day. The kids couldn't get enough of it.

Ugh, that stinks getting your toe messed up in the lazy river. It stinks getting into the tubes in there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #243
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

Hi Allison!

Hey I was just wondering did you guys use those frog togs? And if so how did they work out for you?

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 09-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #244
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

D~ Ahhh BB! We visited a waterpark for the first time this trip too!! What? Free towels for resort guests? I didn't get that memo so I paid the $2 each. Darn. I had no idea either what anything costs and I just had a little cash on me so I spent most of it on towels and lockers.

It was definitely HOT and crowded when we went.

How awesome that you were able to hang out with some Disers.

BTW: I love your "out-takes" photos.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #245
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Blizzard Beach - Our favorite waterpark. I think I really go there just to indulge in my favorite treat the Garbage Pail.. A Sand Bucket filled with Soft Serve Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream, Chucks of Chocolate, Bits and Pieces of Waffle Cone, Sprinkles, Cherries, Chocolate Syrup... WOW!!! Lost me train of thought. Had a Senior Citizen Moment.

Do they still call it the Garbage Pail??? Glad you had a super time. Here is Midori and her friend Sarah from England.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014

Last edited by RHMH; 09-10-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #246
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Wow... Clearly Alli hijacked my TR yesterday. That's OK though - we want her to get to her 10 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Yikes! When we were at typhoon lagoon a hairy man wearing a speedo kept bumping into me in the lazy river. He would just look at me and say "Sorry, I can't help."
Yikes... Yah - I am sorry, but Speedos at a family park should be banned - I don't care how hot you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Blizzard beach looks like so much fun. I didn't even know they had photopass photographers at the waterparks. Disney thinks of everything.
LOL Yah but finding them is sometimes the issue - it took us forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
sounds like you all had a really nice day. We have decided to skip the water parks and just use the hotel pool. Have to much to do at the parks to spend time at a water park.......lol Maybe our next trip.
Yes - I agree, it is hard to squeeze it in, but with an August trip - it's almost necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!

THanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You are just full of DISmeets, aren't you?
Hahaha... I LOVE my Dismeets!!!

Quote:
Seriously, I am so happy we were able to work it out...even if it was only a few minutes. I think I saw that either you or Suzi had posted it on FB so I suggested to Mark after the rain at DTD that night that we take a ride over and see if we could catch you. After we left you, we took tons of pictures at AOA...they really did do a great job with it.
I am too - I had pretty much given up hope at that point, because I knew you and Mark were leaving soon. Between spending the evening with Suzi and clan and meeting you - totally made my night.

Quote:
Love the picture of Ali doing the dance party, and can't wait for her contributions.
Hahaha, she said I could post the video - now I just need to figure out how.

Quote:
Love your Blizzard Beach day. I never knew they charged for towels, but we haven't been to a water park since 2000. Mark says that until they put in elevators to get you to the top of the slides, he's not going back.
Hmmm... Now there's a thought. I knew there was a reason I liked Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
(sorry but that is funny since it wasn't happening to me).
It was funny to us too - even if it was nasty.

Quote:
Today's outtake is too funny.
Thaks!

Quote:
Love that picture of the girls in front of BB.
Thanks, me too!

Quote:
Your day at the water park sounds like fun. A perfect activity for a hot summer day. How fun that you got to spend some time with Bernadette and her family. And you even got a little relaxing in the lounge chairs Good idea to leave the spaces for the pictures from the PP (didn't know they did that at the water parks either). I never thought about running out of picture space in your original posts but I would happily click a link to see your PPs pictures and Allie's shots.
Oh good - at least someone will go back and re-read. LOL I love ya Liz! And I highly recommend the water parks on a hot day.

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the PP+ pre-order. I think I will be heading to Target today to get some gift cards. I am getting excited about our trip. Curtis is happily crossing off the days on the countdown calendar I printed out but then I showed him the countdown on my phone and he told me "now I don't have to keep track". Silly boy doesn't realize that is half the fun. Yesterday we ordered our custom maps on the Disney site (although we probably won't get them until after our trip). It was good to go over which rides / activities he wanted to do since there were a few surprises on his list. He told me he wanted to do Playhouse Disney at HS and then said "I just want to do it one last time because I like to watch the little kids having fun" Melted my heart since I know he wants to do it but thinks he is too big for Playhouse Disney.
Yay! Glad to hear you are going to save some $$ on your PP+... Quite honestly, it's well worth the $$ at the discounted rate too.

Awwww.... That is so sweet about Curtis. You all are going to have a marvelous trip - I just know it.

Quote:
I'm also getting stressed out because I have a ton of sewing I want to do but I am stalled.
I know how you feel - I was the same way, I was so stressed about finishing everything before we left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJN View Post
Hi! The girls are wonderful - thanks for asking! They started 1st grade last week. We are still trying to determine when our next trip will be - I think we are looking at Aug 2014. I've come to the conclusion that August trips are like giving birth. You forget the pain - or in this case, the heat.
First grade already!!!!!!!!! Oh wow!!!!!!!!!! And yay for Aug 2014... It's so hot, but it really was so nice not to have to worry about the girls missing school... I know yours are younger, but... And I've already forgotten how hot it was.

Quote:
I may have to do a PTR - there's going to be lots of sewing involved.
I would totally follow it if you do, please let me know.

Quote:
We haven't been brave enough to check out the water parks - sounds like you all had a great time!
I am glad we did - it was a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Yay! Hi Alli Welcome to the DIS! There's no hope for you now! (hey, how come there is no Evil Queen smiley guy??)
Hahaha....

Quote:
Ummm...is it Lion King or Cars?? Can't remember....Looks like Lion King from the pictures on Bing.
Well, it was a nice place to sit, and so much less crowded/loud than the rest of the place... And besides - we got to window shop while we were sitting there. LOL

Quote:
Aww...that is a great shot. I hope Sara has this on her phone too!
If not, you are welcome to use/have any of our pictures.

Quote:
Blizzard Beach looks fun. I was LOLing about you trying to get in the float at the Lazy River. That is sooooo me!
Oh yah... It took me forever - I think I was well over half way around before I got situated properly... And I won't even begin to tell you about getting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
We went to Typhoon Lagoon one year, spent about 45 minutes in the lazy river, did two of the Crusher Gusher water coasters and were back at the resort by, like, 1:45. But we are neither teenagers or huge pool people. If I was a teen, I'd spend as much time at the H20 parks as possible.
Yah - that is my kind of day, I could have spent the whole day going round and round in the lazy river - although part of the reason is that it was so difficult to get into my tube, I didn't want to get out. LOL

Quote:
You met up with so many people this trip! I'm hoping to meet at least Ruthie, even if it's just a wave and a quick "How's Maxine and the pack?" Oh, and a co-worker will be overlapping trips for a couple of days (he and his wife are DVC and headed down there this Thursday!!)
Yah - I really enjoyed all of my Dismeets! How fun that you'll have a co-worker down there with you.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll find something to fill up your sewing room time - besides the super-secret super project.
Probably... I have a few ideas in my head.

Quote:
I'm limiting myself to what I have in my stash for my bag and trying to keep the pockets to a minimum (DH says that's impossible) I think I've found my fabrics, now I just need to cut, interface, adjust, add on features and finally sew. No problem (but I do have to work 40+ hours a week, get the car serviced and so on.)
Yay that your trip is getting so close! I hope you are able to finish your bag on time, I cannot wait to see pictures! And I am curious what theme you are going with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I missed so much over the weekend! I cannot wait to try Blizzard Beach! TL opened when I lived in FL and I never got to go. I have always wanted to try a Disney waterpark...now I finally get to!!!
Yay!!! YOu will have a wonderful time - just watch out for that lazy river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Alli cracks me up how she hams it up for the pictures. She has to be SO FUN to hang out with!
She is! Most of the time.

Quote:
Hey everyone This is Allison!! My mom, Dmgeurts, calls me Alli because she is lazy This is my first post, but i need 9 more to post some of those pictures you all have been waiting for!
Lazy??? Lazy??? Pfft... I am super glad to have you here and I cannot wait to see the pictures you post - you had some really fantastic ones!!!

Quote:
Welcome Allison! If you respond to this, it will give you a second post.

It was nice meeting you briefly while we were at Disney.
Quote:
LOL! Thanks for that second post! It was nice meeting you too! Too bad you didn't see my dance in person....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Welcome aboard Allison! We have all heard so much about you and seen so many pictures, that it's nice that you are here with your own voice. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

BTW...I'm Stephanie!
Quote:
Yay! Hi Alli It's Suzi....in case you didn't know! Bradey says "Hi" too.

Go over to mine and Mo's reports and comment...that will give you something to do until you reach the 9 posts you need. So happy to have you here!
Quote:
And if you go to the link in my signature, you can click on it and say hi on my Trip Report and that will give you another post. We'll have you at 10 in no time.
Quote:
Hey! It's nice to meet you!! Yup, pictures will be coming soon!
Quote:
SUZI!!! I've been waiting for you! lol, say "hi" to Bradey for me Missing you already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Welcome to the DIS Allison! I can't wait to see your pictures!! Glad to see you here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Hi Alli (Allison)! It's Tasha!

How are you sweetie? I hope school is going great! I miss you guys!

Loving your pics your mom has been posting. Tell V I said Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
Hi Allison! Loving your family trip, looks like you guys had soooo much fun! Welcome to DIS! Woooo hoo!
Quote:
Hi Tasha! Long time no see! I'm doing great, school is going great, but I'm just hoping the honors classes I took won't get any harder!
Quote:
Thank you! We did have fun, it was nice to just get away for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
Alli! Welcome, we hear so much about you I feel like I know you already!!!

I'm excited to see your pics, everyone has a different perspective on things!!!

BTW, I already told your mom, you should take up modeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Welcome Allison - My mom always shortened my name and I HATED it because then everyone then called me by a name I didn't like! I can't wait to see your photos and get your take on your trip. Good to see school is going well. I hope it doesn't get worse for you!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for giving Allison such a nice warm welcome! I was very happy to see all the nice messages to her when I logged on.

I do know she went to read some of your PTRs/TRs yesterday, but it was a lot of reading for her, and she had homework to do... I am sure she will be by as soon as she has the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
Hi-I've lurked around on your PTR and love looking at all the bags you make! You are some kind of talented, lady!! Anyway, it looks like you girls know how to have some fun at Disney, so I was glad I found your TR and felt like I should finally comment!
Thank you - and Welcome!!! I am so glad you are here and you decided to say hello.

Quote:
You all are brave to go in August! I know the heat would kill me and I'm always a big worrywart about dehydration....I don't know if I could do it.
Trust me - that was a HUGE concern to me, as well. But I am very proud of us for doing as much as we could to curb it before it got us. Every morning, when I went down to get the girls' breakfast, I brought back their mugs full of ice water, and I made them drink that before we left for the parks for the day. We also stopped every time we could at any food place with fountain drinks and grabbed large waters (thanks for the tip Nini)... We were constantly drinking water - and it was helpful.

Quote:
So I just read all your report so far, so my comments might be a little scattered.
No worries! Just happy to have you joining in.

Quote:
I'm so glad you made it to your reservation at CRT since it was so important to V! We had lunch there on our last trip. Our girls loved it and i thought it was really nice to be called m'lady while eating!
LOL OUr waiter had such a think accent, it wasn't until the end of the meal that I realized he was calling me m'lady.

Quote:
I loved all the pics of AoA. I can't wait to stay there sometime! The food court doesn't sound so fun, but I can't wait to see all the cute themeing! I loved the pics of alli & v with the cars! Especially Alli's poses!
Thanks! My girls are such hams.

Quote:
Well, I just can't remember all I was going to say, but besides being sick, it looks like you've had a lot of fun so far! Can't wait to read more!
Yes, we did have so much fun! Can't wait to start planning our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hi Allison! Welcome to our crazy boards!

Hahahaha. Your outtake this time is awesome. "Wait, what?"
LOL Yah - it was a pretty good one.

Quote:
Blizzard Beach. Love it!
It was a lot of fun!

Quote:
My brother and SIL got confused in July thinking that the towels were free. I always bring a towel along, so we all had to share like the 2 that we had. Awesome that the CM waived the fee though.
Hahaha, I can totally see that happening.

Quote:
We did Teamboat Springs like 4 times on our Blizzard Beach day. The kids couldn't get enough of it.
We loved it too!

Quote:
Ugh, that stinks getting your toe messed up in the lazy river. It stinks getting into the tubes in there.
Yah - I didn't realize how bad it was until the next morning, when I had to put shoes on... It really made the rest of our trip uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Hey I was just wondering did you guys use those frog togs? And if so how did they work out for you?
Yes we did - we used them and or the neck coolers that Nini made us every day - for sure a life saver for us. Although, I had to wash them mid trip, because they were starting to smell like mildew - even though we were religous about hanging them to dry every night. I just wet them down every morning and threw them, or the neck coolers in a ziploc for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
D~ Ahhh BB! We visited a waterpark for the first time this trip too!! What? Free towels for resort guests? I didn't get that memo so I paid the $2 each. Darn. I had no idea either what anything costs and I just had a little cash on me so I spent most of it on towels and lockers.
I don't think the free towels were standard practice - I think I just got lucky. LOL I know - I was the same way... I had like no cash on me at all, and I couldn't believe how much they charged for the lockers. I am such a tightwad that I nearly had a heart attack. LOL

Quote:
It was definitely HOT and crowded when we went.
For us too - but it was HOT the whole time we were there, so it didn't matter much. LOL

Quote:
How awesome that you were able to hang out with some Disers.
Yah - it was fun to have someone to chat with.

Quote:
BTW: I love your "out-takes" photos.
Thanks - I am sure I will have a bunch that aren't very flattering. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Blizzard Beach - Our favorite waterpark. I think I really go there just to indulge in my favorite treat the Garbage Pail.. A Sand Bucket filled with Soft Serve Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream, Chucks of Chocolate, Bits and Pieces of Waffle Cone, Sprinkles, Cherries, Chocolate Syrup... WOW!!! Lost me train of thought. Had a Senior Citizen Moment.

Do they still call it the Garbage Pail??? Glad you had a super time. Here is Midori and her friend Sarah from England.

OK - totally MISSED this little snacking tidbit... I am TOTALLY Getting this the next time we go... It is now ON my must do snack list!!! Not that I need somethign like that - it would probably make me sick in that heat, but I've always wanted to try the Kitchen Sink - and this looks to be something along those lines.

I worked in my sewing room all day yesterday... Ho-hum... I just quilted, so it was nothing exciting.

I chatted with BFF on the phone for a while...

After lunch, I snuck in a short nap - since I had my meeting last night.

I made baked Ziti for dinner - it was very good.

Then I went to my meeting, which ran really late - thankfully I had that nap.

And that's all pretty boring.

Today I will be appliqueing... And working on some 3D effects - hopefully they come together the way my brain wants them to.

Today's outtake... On the plus side... I loved Bernadette's Keens - they were so cute! So, now I have a picture of them.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

D~
Old 09-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #247
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 4 Part B

When the girls and I returned to the resort, we all showered and changed.

We decided that we wanted to head to POR for their build-your-own-pasta that everyone raves about. We have never had it before - and it was on my list of things to try. Since I knew we'd be done at the water park early, I had penciled this in for dinner for this night.

So, the girls and I hopped the first bus headed to POR.

V and I hopped into the pasta line - bring on the carbs! And Alli hopped into the chicken nugget line...

I had to take pictures of the CMs making our pasta - it was such a cool process - although, I think the girls were slightly embarassed that I was taking photos of the food making process?

Basically you order your noodles, then you order your sauce and you add any of the toppings that you like. V had almost nothing in her's, and I had almost everything. LOL

Here's V's:

And mine - see that brownie thingy there? That was another CM's choice... I went up to the dessert area and I asked them to pick the one thing that you can get here that you can't get anywhere else... And they gave me this - which (I think) is the Magic Cookie Bar... Mmmmm.... It was good. However - I could only eat a few bites of it at that time. I grabbed a to-go bag to wrap it in and I coveted the rest of it that night before bed. LOL Highly recommend. It was a great CM choice. As a side note... I could have had another one of those bread slices - NUM!

Alli's Chicken nuggets:

We were at the food court a little bit early on this night, so there were only a few other families there. What I really liked about it, is that it was carpeted - so it was WAAAY less echo-y than the FC at FQ. It was also way more quiet - I really enjoyed that. I am sure that if we had been there later, it would have been a mad house like every other food court. I loved our table though - it was so nice to look out at the water wheel.

I snapped a few photos as we were walking out...

We decided to head to the POR gift shop to look around. I found the cutest Donald socks - but I was forced to leave them behind... Sorry, but I cannot pay $14 for ONE pair of socks, even if they are Donald.

But I did buy myself the cutest Disney Halloween coffee mug... It's now one of my favorites... I was so excited that they had the halloween merchandise out while we were there...

Photo borrowed from the internet

We tried to take a bus back to FQ - that wasn't happening... There were NO busses to be found. We waited, and waited and waited. We didn't feel like walking. So, finally the girls started asking every driver if they were going to FQ... After asking about 6 different busses, finally a DHS driver took pity on us and brought us over to FQ... LOL So sweet of her. She had a totally empty bus - so I think that's why she did it. We all thanked her profusely!

The girls and I relaxed and cleaned our room.

Shortly after getting to our room and relaxing, I received a text from my friend Nicole (princessruns), she was staying at POR and we wanted to meet up. I had met Nicole last year on my trip to Charlotte - so this would be my second Dismeet with her. We decided to meet on the path between POR and FQ. It was great seeing her - we must have stood on the side of that path for a good hour just chatting... We talked about many things - our sewing projects, our fitness goals, our trips... It was great catching up with her! And, as usual, her dd was so adorably dressed and just so sweet - it was a fun Dismeet. At this moment - I don't have pictures, I thought we took one - but I don't have it. So I sent Nicole a PM on FB to see if she has it on one of her cameras - if she does, I will come back and post it.

I walked back to FQ in the dark and went straight to bed.

It was a long and fun Disney day!

Link to Day 5 Part A

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 09-11-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #248
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ABOUT TIME YOUR HERE!!!

<----Is that what your looking for Suzi???

Holy Update batman... you guys really need to stop the update on weekends. it's like a novel by Monday...

I am OVER excited to see the pictures from Alli!!! Allison... A...

i love all the AOA pictures it looks like so so much fun.. You guys all together are AWESOME!!!

YAY For Kathy and MARK!!! How fun is that?!?! Isn't she and Mark just the CUTEST couple EVER?!

So.. the water park.. I don't think we will ever do it. looks adorable.. yet... we have the dells!!!

Love the Sully bag it is really fantastic with better colors!

i have to go back and see the pictures?!?!?! your REALLY trying to confuse me more then i already am?!?!

Love ya....................................... MEAN IT.....................

Old 09-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #249
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Okay I say kids just don't understand, load up on toppings!!!! Yum looked delicious! I love how Allison always hams it up for the camera! Keep it coming D this is such a fun TR!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #250
juligrl
DIS Veteran

Yea, I'm back and I'm following your TR! Nice!

I LOVE POFQ! My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon 13 years ago, and we're staying there with our kids this December. So excited to be going back!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #251
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Welcome to The Dis Allison!

I always wondered how the build your own pasta worked. Yours looks yummy with those mushrooms.

Those socks are really cute. I don't think I could pay $14 for socks either.

The 3D effect for your bag sounds interesting.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #252
Clio
Mouseketeer

The build your own pasta looks good. Maybe I can my daughter to walk over to POR for some when we're done there next week.
I've never been to Blizzard Beach. We always go to Typhoon Lagoon.
I hope your bff can get the stain out of Alli's bag.
Liz
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #253
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Allison!!! I'm Lynee. So glad you joined the boards !!! Cannot wait to see your pics!! So glad to see that you had a wonderful time on your trip. Hope the new school year is going well for you. Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #254
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #255
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oops! Forgot to welcome Allison (Alli)! WELCOME to the Dis!

D~ You are so good about updating! After reading about your POR make your own pasta dinner I'm wanting someone to throw some pasta, veggies and a sauce in a pan for me! I love magic bars... I hope it was as good as it looks.

I'm think I've lost track of how many dismeets you've had already. That's so awesome.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: