Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #211
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

The Cars Pictures are super. - I saw my friend Suzie - it's been a year already.

AOA is pretty neat looking..

We wanted to visit the Resort while we were there, but ran out of time. Drove by it a few times on our way to other destinations but never had the time to stop in for a visit. WOW!!! Went 360 with this paragraph.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 09-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #212
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hahaha, I love your outtake pictures. And that guy in the picture is hysterical! Obviously was talking about something very entertaining.

That is definitely one thing about the POP foodcourt I don't like either. The whole everyone gets their food from a different station thing. I get it logistically, but when you all have to pay at once, it could definitely make your food cold.

Yay on meeting Kathy!

I want to definitely visit AoA on our next trip. We didn't make it there in July. Time just got by us!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #213
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

D - Just caught up on your trip report. LOVE the bags.

We stayed at AoA last December. My girls really enjoyed it and have asked if we can stay at "Art of Man in Motion" again. I think Disney did a superb job with the theming, especially in the Cars area.

Can't wait to read more!

Read my trip reports!

Old 09-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #214
chattadisser
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tour of AoA, it looks like it is so much fun! The girls are so funny in their pictures with the cars.

Christine

Old 09-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #215
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
haha love that outtake
Thanks!

Quote:
That place looks so cool, glad you got to meet up with Kathy and Mark, they seem like they would be so much fun!!!
Our meet was very short - but I was so happy to be able to meet them!

Quote:
Oh My, Alli could be a model. She is so expressive and always with the greatest poses!!!!
Awww... Thanks.... I will be sure to tell her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
OMG D! Your pictures of AOA are so cute!
Thanks Tasha!

Quote:
Please tell Alli I said I love the picture of her with the sheriff (she is so pretty).
I will do that - thank you!

Quote:
Also if Alli likes the dance parties the CM's have tell her we will have to make a date for the one at the pool next year! I love to dance! (one more common thing for my kindred spirit friend and I) LOL
We will have to do that... She would love it!

Quote:
Tell V that I love her facial expression with Mater! (too cute!)

I am loving your updates....
I will - thanks Tasha... We miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Love the cars pics think we might have to check out that hotel while we are in the world......lol
Yah - if you can get over there, it's like a little park unto itself. Lots of photo ops too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We have to check out the AoA resort some time. It looks interesting. What is that building called The Cozy Cone Motel used for? It looks cute.
I am not sure... Maybe laundry or locker rooms? I didn't really look. Suzi would be the one to know - or it might be on the AoA map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I love following your trip report because you are disciplined enough to write an update every day. Of course, someone who can work from home has to be disciplined, since it so easy to be sidetracked at home.
Hahaha... I can't guarantee I will be able to continue with my "every day updates" - but I try. I am actually not very diciplined - however some here may tell you different - I am the worst procrastinator ever. LOL So, I don't know how I manage to stay on schedule week after week and month after month? Maybe I am more diciplined than I give myself credit for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Oh your pics make me majorly regret not walking over to AoA from Pop to check it out. My kids would have LOVED the Cars theming- I never imagined it would be so cool! And my son really would have LOVED the telephone poles- it's his thing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It is really cool - I Honestly didn't even know it was there... I knew the other areas had great theming, but I didn't realize the Cars area was so cool. I love that they took the time to really create a spot for boys - I always think that boys get a little short changed in Disney with all the Princess stuff... but maybe not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Also the food court situation was the same at Pop. Some lines got food immediately and some had REALLY long waits. Really tough for coordinating a family dinner in which everyone eats at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes - that is super annoying, I don't think we ever had that much of a problem at FQ? After a while - we just learned to pay for our meals seperately, it worked out much better. We still waited to eat together, but i was easier to go sit down and get mugs ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
What a bummer about Alli's bag

AoA looks incredible. I think I would also want to stay in a cars suite.

Another DIS meet, how fun!
I am bummed about Alli's bag, but I handed it off to BFF yesterday - so there's hope. If not, I will just save the appliqued panels and rip the rest apart... It won't be fun - but easier than making a new one (I hope). LOL

Yah - I love the looks of the Cars suites, granted, I haven't spent much time looking at any of them, but at first glance, they look to be the most fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Just joining. Great TR. I went and looked at your 2013 Projects and Wow!!!!! I want every single one. You are so creative and talented.
Welcome! Thanks so much. I hope you are enjoying my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
I didn't get a chance to do EE this trip. I spent a lot of time with Emma doing the Wilderness Explorer thing. That was pretty cute. It was nearly park closing so I let Joe & Lizzy rush ahead to get on EE. I couldn't keep up with them & by the time I got there it was closed. I dont think I will get on in Dec either but I did once get to ride 12 times in a row. I miss PM EMH at AK! Emma went on it once when she was 5 & I can't get her back on. She doesn't like big drops. She used to love BTMRR but she won't go on that any more.
Yikes - 12 times!!! Not sure I can do 12... 5 or 6 is about my limit. I don't love the going backwards part - I always wonder what is going to happen if the tracks don't align properly after moving. The other part I don't like, is if you are sitting on the left and make the mistake of looking down as you are going around that first curve - you can see down into the mountain and that tracks... Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me, but it creeps me out in the dark, since a bit of light shines in and you can see the bones of the ride. LOL So, I always look straight ahead or close my eyes for that part.

Quote:
I'm almost embarrassed to say where I booked for Dec but I'm looking forward to it! Thanksgiving is so late this year that I really can't go the first week if Dec as that would mean traveling Thanksgiving weekend and I won't do that. So we are going the 2nd week but that is Pop Warner. As much as I love Pop Century I don't want to stay in a value resort during Pop Warner. So I've decided to pursue another DVC property-as a "research" mission for future family trips. I got a great AP rate on a room at Old Key West and since this is a research mission we're staying in a 1BR not a studio. It will be nice to have a kitchen with my picky eater and awesome to have a washer/dryer so we can pack light. One issue with Dec trips is you can have temps in the 30s or 80s. I have had both on the same trip more than once. So you need a variety of clothes but now we can pack just a little of each and do laundry for what we need most.
This sounds wonderful! Will you research for my family too? I am dying to take an early december trip... I truly am. Not this year - maybe next year... I think it would have to be a solo adventure though, because I don't think I could talk Josh into that many trips in such a close space. I really wish he enjoyed Disney - even a little bit.

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to this trip. Emma is the perfect age. Old enough to appreciate all the holiday offerings and young enough to make it all fun. I am waiting to hear back from Terry-my FL friend. I was able to get us a Candlelight Processional dinner package for Sat night at Rose & Crown. The narrator is Whopping Goldberg. I also have one later in the week in case she doesn't want to do it with Dennis Haysbert. I didn't recognize the name but he's the Allstate guy. I think he would be a great narrator.
I totally agree - she is the perfect age!!! And both of those narrators would be fantastic - I love Dennis Haysbert, but I am so sick of the Allstate commercials. LOL

Quote:
I think this trip will be more about all the holiday offerings rather than the normal rides. I want to see all the Holiday story tellers at Epcot, visit the deluxe resorts to see all the ginger bread displays, Osborne Lights & MVMCP.
Yes!! I totally agree with this too - if I ever get to go during the holidays, my trip would surely be focused on the things you can only do at that time. Some day... Mark my words.

Quote:
Work will be crazy for me until 11/16. It will be nice to have a few weeks to prepare for this trip. I haven't book air yet but yesterday I wasn't sure what to book because the flight I wanted to take down only had 1seat at $169 but if I booked us both together which I really wanted to do it was $210 each. this morning that same flight is $125. The flight home is still $125 so $500 RT for both of us & I have nearly $400 in credits. I've got to book today.
That is a remarkable price! I hope you were able to get it booked!

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments on Emma's pillowcase. She picked out the fabrics and thread. She knows what she likes.
And clearly she knows what is appealing to the eye, as well. She did a great job!

Quote:
Emma & I have been making more bracelets. She's done some really great patterns. It is the big fad at her school this year. She said its way bigger than the silly band craze of a few years ago. All the kids seemed to be impressed with the things she is creating. It's nice for her to have that ice breaker as she tends to be quiet (in school).
I can see that... We are still wearing ours - we LOVE them!!!!! I love that they are so comfortable to wear, yet really fun!

Quote:
The Grey Goose drink is very nice and not really strong enough to make you sick but I've never tried it on a hot summer day. I would be hard pressed to say its worth $10 though. I tried the rainbow margarita once. I ended up throwing a lot of it away. I also tried the Welsh Dragon at Rose & Crown. That one was way too strong for me. Threw most of that one away.
I am really not much of a drinker anyways, so I am just fearful now that the same thing will happen to me... I will stick to my water while in Disney.

Quote:
I'm glad you don't have too many pictures from BB. My kids loved spending time with you & your girls. All 3 kept asking me to find out where you were every day but I knew you had other people to meet & I wanted you have some time for just the 3 of you. And didn't want you to think I was stalking you.
I appreciate you being thoughtful about that. Even though my girls were the same way... LOL They get a little freaked out before trips, because they always worry that we are going to spend too much time with people they won't like - then once they meet them, they are enjoying themselves so much that they forget they were worried about it. But I appreciate that just the same.

And LOL - I have, like, 3 pictures from that day... If you'd like, I can wait to share a better Dismeet photo of us from later in the trip - I know you didn't like the one we took on the BB day.

Quote:
We must have just missed you at AoA! We were hoping to eat there but we were exhausted after spending all day at Kennedy Space Center. I wasn't up for waiting at the food court. The lines looked long and not moving We went back to AKL instead. We walked through the Cars section to get back to our car. My pics look like they were taken just before yours. Mine are date stamped around 7:30.
You must have walked through about the time we were eating? Gosh - we had to have been walking through there at about that time though - were you in front of us, and we just didn't realize it was eachother - since we hadn't "officially" met at that point. You would have recognized my bag though - i am sure.

Quote:
I was thinking about going to work today but I can't find my office key-I have my fob to get into the building but not my key to get onto my floor. I haven't looked too hard for it. I'm all ready for tomorrow's 4 meetings. I think if I relax today & go in early tomorrow I can prepare for Tuesday's 1 meeting and then with just 1 meeting Tuesday I should be able to prepare for the rest of the week.
Bummer about the office key - you should misplace it more often. I sure hope that not going in yesterday doesn't throw your whole week off.

Quote:
Forgot to say good luck with Ali's bag!

And from prior posts I meant to say again how much I like the girls' sunglasses!
Thanks! LOL I think BFF needs the luck more than I do at this point. I told her that if she can't save the bag - at least save the appliques... Those panels aren't nearly as bad, so I think they will be fine.

LOL - Well, we only came home with one pair - not two. However, I did stop at Kohls yesterday, and even though I ordered ours online, I was able to find a couple pairs of foldable sunglasses that are the same brand of theirs, but different colors... On clearance no less. Alli doesn't like them quite as much, but there isn't anything I can do about that. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
And there she is!! What a great photo of you and Kathy! (my apologies if I posted about you and Kathy before you wanted to share that... oops! I had seen what a great photo you two had together on FB!)
Ahhh... No worries - I am a very laid back person... Almost anything goes here. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
What adorable photos of the girls having fun and posing with the cars at AoA!
Thank you very much... I have plans to go seek out your TR... I am hoping to do that today... I am so curious about your siggy photo - it's adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbruzzetti View Post
Yes please do!! My husband was teasing me last night because I was so wrapped up in trying to figure out what kind of theme I would want!
Hahaha... I have the tab open to PM you once I am done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000HappyWishes View Post
Welcome to the DIS Alli!

I love your pictures in front of all the Cars statues! Cars is my favourite Disney movie, so I'm really hoping to take a visit to AoA someday to see the section.
Thank you... I told her this morning that everyone has welcomed her... I hope she will have a chance to get on this week - but with all of her honors classes, she is already swamped with homework... So it might be a while. I am anxous for her to post them - she has some great ones!

You must make a trip to AoA then! You'd love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
I have been following along on my phone but needed to come to my computer to see all your great pictures. Love the Sully bag, he is so expressive (and I see your manicure is still holding up)
Hi Liz! Thanks! And look at your trip - it's getting so close! Are you all excited yet?

Quote:
I hope your BFF can get the stains out of the Up bag. I figure the girls are enjoying their weekend after a busy first week of school.
Me too! Yah - we were kind of lazy on Saturday... It was very nice.

Quote:
Enjoyed seeing all your pictures of AoA. That shot of you and Suzi is a great and I'm so happy to see you got to meet Kathy.
Yes - I love meeting my Dis friends! It's always so fun to have so many kindred spirits to meet up with.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to Allie's contributions to your TR and think it would be good if you added your PP pictures to your old posts. I would love to re-live your trip again with the "new" pictures. Speaking of PP, when you did your pre-purchase were you able to use multiple Disney Gift Cards on the website to place the order. I am thinking about grabbing a few at Target to cover the cost of the PP+ pre-order but I can't tell if they will let me use multiple gift cards.
Me too... I have been mulling over in my head how I am going to do it... I think I will edit what I can, and just post a link in my TR where I updated it? Some of my posts are already at their photo limit, so I may end up extending them. I ordered my PP CD last night, so hopefully I can make it all work out.

And yes, I used my GCs to order my PP+ - which brought my total cost for that puppy down to $123... Totally worth it, IMO. I believe the sight saysyou can use up to 3 GCs, which is just enough to cover the pre-order cost of PP+!

Quote:
Can't wait to see what surprises you have coming out of your sewing room. Now get back to work so we don't have to wait so long.
I am soooo excited about it!! Seriously- it's so epic that none of you could even begin to guess! I can't wait to tell you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
The Cars Pictures are super.- I saw my friend Suzie - it's been a year already.

AOA is pretty neat looking..

We wanted to visit the Resort while we were there, but ran out of time. Drove by it a few times on our way to other destinations but never had the time to stop in for a visit. WOW!!! Went 360 with this paragraph.
Thank you! I am glad we visited - I actually didn't think we would be able to find the time, but I am happy we did - it was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hahaha, I love your outtake pictures. And that guy in the picture is hysterical! Obviously was talking about something very entertaining.
Clearly... I keep meaninig to go back to see if I have a better picture of him for you all.

Quote:
That is definitely one thing about the POP foodcourt I don't like either. The whole everyone gets their food from a different station thing. I get it logistically, but when you all have to pay at once, it could definitely make your food cold.
I do find that annoying... I am not sure I could deal with that - as we do eat a good portion of our evening CS meals at our resort.

Quote:
Yay on meeting Kathy!
Yes - I was so excited about it... I think my initial screaming scared her.

Quote:
I want to definitely visit AoA on our next trip. We didn't make it there in July. Time just got by us!
It was fun!!! Definately something to do once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJN View Post
D - Just caught up on your trip report. LOVE the bags.

We stayed at AoA last December. My girls really enjoyed it and have asked if we can stay at "Art of Man in Motion" again. I think Disney did a superb job with the theming, especially in the Cars area.

Can't wait to read more!
Hi Sarah!!! It's great to see you - it's been so long!!! How are those adorable girls doing? DO you have another trip planned?

So, yesterday the girls and I went up to BFF's house... We hung out at her house for a little bit... then V had some extra credit to do for one of her elective classes - so out n' aboot we went.

Of course - we were driving right past Kohls, so we HAD to stop... I did want to glance around to see if I could find another pair of foldable sunglasses for Alli - since she loved the ones she had. I didn't think I would find them though, because it was at least March when I ordered those and it was online. To my surprise they had them - WHOOT - but not in the color she had... So I purchased the 2 colors they did have. She ended up "sort-of" liking the one pair... Phew.

Then I found a bunch of shorts for myself - all 80% off. So, I think I purchased a total of 6 pairs of shorts - that portion came to $30 after my discounts. Not too bad. However, now I need to try them on. I wasn't thinking when I grabbed them - and it wasn't until I was checking out, I grabbed them in my old size. So, now I don't know what to do... I will try them on to see if they fit, but clearly - I will be keeping the tags on them and the receipt, because I hope to be smaller by next summer. They were a good deal though.

We came home to Josh smoking a pork tenderloin for dinner - OMG... It was amazing!!! I just don't know how he does it? It was delicious!

I finished editing my PP CD last night and ordered it. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here. Fortunately - my next day to update is a Blizzard Beach day - so there really aren't any PP photos to post.

That's about all. Back to work today on my next custom order.

Outtake... Are you ready yet? How about now? Wait a minute... how about now?

Have a fantastic day everyone!

D~
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #216
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 4 Part A

Friday, August 23 - Blizzard Beach

I woke at 5:30 and hit the snooze until 6am. I drug myself out of bed to shower. I went down to grab our typical breakfast...

Alli = muffin
V and D~= beignets

I packed up our swim bag... I was trying to figure out what to do with our swim bag- we had never been to a water park before, so I was uncertain about how it all worked. I thought I better put something on our swim bag to discern that is was ours... What could I use? Ah-Ha! Not exactly what they were intended for... but they would work perfectly!

The girls and I were at the bus stop at promptly 8am. I did not note what time the bus actually came...

But we were at Blizzard Beach by 8:35. I think that was a great time to arrive, because there was about a crowd of 10 families in front of us. The CMs let us through the gate about 15 minutes early.

We went in... I grabbed a locker/towels while the girls went ahead to find a few chairs in the shade.

When getting to towels - I totally forgot that Disney charges for these. Doh - if I would have remembered, I would have brought resort towels. So, the confusion on my face when the CM was charging me for them must have been apparent... She then asked me if we were Disney resort guests, and I confirmed... Then she told me she would wave the fee for the towels, because some resorts tell the guests that they are free. Cool. Thanks!!! She just saved me $6!

So, when I was done getting our locker key and our towels, I went in search of the girls. They weren't that hard to find, since the CMs were holding everyone at the bridge entrance until promply 9am. So, we stood there for a good 10 mintues waiting for the park to open.

Finally - the park opened with someone "opening" Summit Plummit. Yay!

We found a nice shady spot under a big tree - right in between the wave pool and the Chair Lift... We grabbed a bunch of chairs, because we had a big Dismeet this day too! We spread our towels around on about 6 chairs, and the girls took off for their first slide, while I brought our bag back to the locker we'd rented.

Photo borrowed from the internet

On the way there, I ran into Bernadette (lovesdumbo) and family! Yay!!! That was an easy Dismeet. We had lockers near eachother, so I waited for them to get situated, then I brought them to our chairs.

Bernadette has a WONDERFUL family! I truly enjoyed getting to know each of them this day! The kids are a lot of fun, and really got along well with my girls.

Once the girls came back from their first slide (I didn't note what that was) - we decided to do Teamboat Springs (the family raft ride) together... We liked it so much - we did it twice. LOL

Love that chair lift too - seriously - I never would have made it up that hill with out it. LOL And I won't bore you all with the guy we spied from the chair lift, wearing a Speedo and rain boots - who neede to shave is ~ahem~ rear. Yikes... There is such a thing as proper water park attire...

And, clearly, since this is a water park - I don't have many pictures...

Oh -then we went on the Toboggan Racers together... that was SUPER FUN!!!! Victoria won (Or was it Alli? It was one of my girls) - but I came in second. WHOOT! Not too shabby for a Mom.

Then the kids decided they wanted to try the wave pool. I wasn't sure about this decision - since I knew they could always get into the wave pool, but I knew the lines for the slides would be VERY long once they were finished. But... It's a vacation - so off they went to Melt Away Bay.

Once they were done with that - we decided it was lazy river time.

Now, don't let the term "lazy river" fool you... It's lazy, but it does MOVE... And it's a bit awkward to get into that tube - to say the least. I am so short and the river was so deep - I couldn't jump into it... So I decided to come in under my tube - bad choice... I wound up scraping the TOP of my foot on the bottom of the river (which is like a very rough sandpaper) - it was only about the size of a dime, but it was right at the joint where my big toe and next toe meet - which means, my flip-flops were useless for the remainder of the trip (and for those who care to know, at the writing of this, it is STILL healing). Sigh.

Back to the lazy river fiasco... So, first we lost Bernadette and her DH (Gene)... For a long time there, I was by myself. I knew Bernadette and Gene were behind me, and I knew the kids were in front of me. So, I paddled from the cave all the way around the lazy river until I finally met up with the kids. Phew! I was starting to get nervous. So, I hung out with the kids for a while... Then I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any PHotopass photographers... We hadn't had a picture all day. So, the girls told me they had seen one a while back... So, a paddling the kids and I went... Around the lazy river again. At some point we lost Emma (lovesdumbo's youngest - she's 10?). In our search for Emma - we found a PHotopass photographer...

>Insert photopass picture here<

We exited where we initally entered - and we decided to wait there for Emma. We thought she was behind us... We had no idea where Bernadette and Gene went, but I had all the rest of the kids. After waiting a while for Emma, Victoria decided to paddle the river to look for her. I told her to meet us back by our chairs. It was crazy!

Eventually, after quite some time... I think it was Gene who found Emma?

Once we were all reunited, it was lunch time. Since all of the picnic tables were full - we ate at our lounge chairs. It wasn't the best situation, but it worked. I have no idea what we all had... I had a "slaw dog" - which I love - we have these at home a lot in the summer time. It was good - but not as good as ours.

Blizzard Beach was starting to get pretty crowded and HOT... The lines for everything were very long.

We decided to go on Teamboat springs again together - but it took a long time. The line for the chair lift was very long and the line for Teamboat Springs (once we got on top of the hill) was quite long too.

At that point, we decided we were almost done with the park.

The kids went on one last ride on Slush Gusher.

And they wanted to do the wave pool again - which took them about an HOUR. LOL So, Bernadette and I sat in our lounge chairs and chatted. It was so nice and relaxing. I so enjoyed spending time with her and her family. Bernadette was one of my first friends here on The Dis - and we have so much in common - it was really alot of fun!

As we were saying our goodbyes, it was starting to look like rain. So, we packed up... Took a few photos on the way out...

And we went our seperate ways... Bernadette and family to their car and us to our bus.

All in all - it was a very fun day! All of our kids enjoyed spending time together, and I think it was good for all of them to spend some time with other kids that weren't their respective siblings. Thank you Bernadette and family for a fun and wonderful BB day!

Link to Day 4 Part B

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 09-10-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #217
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Love that chair lift too - seriously - I never would have made it up that hill with out it. LOL And I won't bore you all with the guy we spied from the chair lift, wearing a Speedo and rain boots - who neede to shave is ~ahem~ rear. Yikes... There is such a thing as proper water park attire...
Yikes! When we were at typhoon lagoon a hairy man wearing a speedo kept bumping into me in the lazy river. He would just look at me and say "Sorry, I can't help."

Blizzard beach looks like so much fun. I didn't even know they had photopass photographers at the waterparks. Disney thinks of everything.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #218
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

nice day

sounds like you all had a really nice day. We have decided to skip the water parks and just use the hotel pool. Have to much to do at the parks to spend time at a water park.......lol Maybe our next trip.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #219
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #220
KatMark
DIS Veteran

You are just full of DISmeets, aren't you?

Seriously, I am so happy we were able to work it out...even if it was only a few minutes. I think I saw that either you or Suzi had posted it on FB so I suggested to Mark after the rain at DTD that night that we take a ride over and see if we could catch you. After we left you, we took tons of pictures at AOA...they really did do a great job with it.

Love the picture of Ali doing the dance party, and can't wait for her contributions.

Love your Blizzard Beach day. I never knew they charged for towels, but we haven't been to a water park since 2000. Mark says that until they put in elevators to get you to the top of the slides, he's not going back.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #221
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
When we were at typhoon lagoon a hairy man wearing a speedo kept bumping into me in the lazy river. He would just look at me and say "Sorry, I can't help."
(sorry but that is funny since it wasn't happening to me).

Today's outtake is too funny.

Love that picture of the girls in front of BB.

Your day at the water park sounds like fun. A perfect activity for a hot summer day. How fun that you got to spend some time with Bernadette and her family. And you even got a little relaxing in the lounge chairs Good idea to leave the spaces for the pictures from the PP (didn't know they did that at the water parks either). I never thought about running out of picture space in your original posts but I would happily click a link to see your PPs pictures and Allie's shots.

Thanks for the info on the PP+ pre-order. I think I will be heading to Target today to get some gift cards. I am getting excited about our trip. Curtis is happily crossing off the days on the countdown calendar I printed out but then I showed him the countdown on my phone and he told me "now I don't have to keep track". Silly boy doesn't realize that is half the fun. Yesterday we ordered our custom maps on the Disney site (although we probably won't get them until after our trip). It was good to go over which rides / activities he wanted to do since there were a few surprises on his list. He told me he wanted to do Playhouse Disney at HS and then said "I just want to do it one last time because I like to watch the little kids having fun" Melted my heart since I know he wants to do it but thinks he is too big for Playhouse Disney.

I'm also getting stressed out because I have a ton of sewing I want to do but I am stalled.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #222
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi Sarah!!! It's great to see you - it's been so long!!! How are those adorable girls doing? DO you have another trip planned?
Hi! The girls are wonderful - thanks for asking! They started 1st grade last week. We are still trying to determine when our next trip will be - I think we are looking at Aug 2014. I've come to the conclusion that August trips are like giving birth. You forget the pain - or in this case, the heat.

I may have to do a PTR - there's going to be lots of sewing involved.

We haven't been brave enough to check out the water parks - sounds like you all had a great time!

Read my trip reports!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #223
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yesterday, Alli created her own user name on The Dis... She plans to update my TR with some of the pictures she took on our trip. She is a bit nervous about this, and I don't know when she will get a chance to do it - as she wants to edit them all, so it may be weeks... But I wanted to let you all know that she may be around a little bit.
Yay! Hi Alli Welcome to the DIS! There's no hope for you now! (hey, how come there is no Evil Queen smiley guy??)

Quote:
Thankfully Suzi had done a bit of research on AoA and knew which part of the food court to sit in, which was the least crowded (I forgot which part that was though - but when exiting the food court - it's way to the right).
Ummm...is it Lion King or Cars?? Can't remember....Looks like Lion King from the pictures on Bing.

Quote:
I love this picture of Suzi and I - it's one of the only ones of just us together.
Aww...that is a great shot. I hope Sara has this on her phone too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
I saw my friend Suzie - it's been a year already.
Hi Bob!

Blizzard Beach looks fun. I was LOLing about you trying to get in the float at the Lazy River. That is sooooo me!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 09-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #224
sewmess
DIS Veteran

We went to Typhoon Lagoon one year, spent about 45 minutes in the lazy river, did two of the Crusher Gusher water coasters and were back at the resort by, like, 1:45. But we are neither teenagers or huge pool people. If I was a teen, I'd spend as much time at the H20 parks as possible.

You met up with so many people this trip! I'm hoping to meet at least Ruthie, even if it's just a wave and a quick "How's Maxine and the pack?" Oh, and a co-worker will be overlapping trips for a couple of days (he and his wife are DVC and headed down there this Thursday!!)

I'm sure you'll find something to fill up your sewing room time - besides the super-secret super project.
I'm limiting myself to what I have in my stash for my bag and trying to keep the pockets to a minimum (DH says that's impossible) I think I've found my fabrics, now I just need to cut, interface, adjust, add on features and finally sew. No problem (but I do have to work 40+ hours a week, get the car serviced and so on.)

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #225
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I missed so much over the weekend! I cannot wait to try Blizzard Beach! TL opened when I lived in FL and I never got to go. I have always wanted to try a Disney waterpark...now I finally get to!!!

Alli cracks me up how she hams it up for the pictures. She has to be SO FUN to hang out with!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: