Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #196
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Day 3 Part C

So, did we ever find Suzi?

Yes we did... We didn't have to wait too long and then Alli spotted them coming over the bridge. YAY!!!

We decided that food was the first order of business, we headed to AoA's Food Court. Now, here's where it got very confusing and disorderly. It took us a very long time to get our food - some of us were ready right away, and other lines took forever... I am sure our food was nice, hot and fresh when they gave it to us, but by the time we all got our food - then finally got through the long lines to check out, it had to have been a good 30-40 minutes, and our food wasn't all that fresh anymore.

Victoria had the Meatball sub w/ Caesar salad.
Alli had the Caprese Sandwich
D~ had the Surf n' Surf sandwich (which was awful cold)

Thankfully Suzi had done a bit of research on AoA and knew which part of the food court to sit in, which was the least crowded (I forgot which part that was though - but when exiting the food court - it's way to the right). We all had a nice time chatting about how our trips were going. Have I mentioned lately how adorable Bradey is??? We just LOVED him!

We finished up our meal, and decided to head out to the main lobby - as we were walking out the door - Kathy (KatMark) jumped out from behind Suzi and surprised me!!!!!!! I was soooo EXCITED!!! Kathy and I had been trying to plan a spot to meet for months - but some how each time, it just never seemed to work. I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get to meet her... And there she was!!! Kathy is just as sweet and lively in real life as she is in her PTR/TRs. Thank you Kathy for somehow making it work - it was one of the highlights of our trip! I even got to meet Mark - They are both so adorable!

We spent some time in the check-in area... Which you need to read about in Suzi's TR. During that time, Alli decided to do the dance party... It was super funny. Alli has this "thing" about her - and sometimes it's just hard to look away... This was one of those times. I have it on video - but I won't share it until she has a chance to watch it - she is kind of sensitive about that sort of thing. <--- Teens....

From there, we all decided we wanted to see the Cars area... If the girls and I ever stayed there - I think we would want a Cars room... To me, they are the coolest of them all. So here's a TON of photos from that night!

I love this picture of Suzi and I - it's one of the only ones of just us together.

The girls sent this picture to Josh...

Afterwards, we all said our good-byes... And the girls and I left for FQ via Epcot. We had very good timing on the busses again. Once we were there, the girls went swimming and I sat by the pool updating my trip journal.

We were in bed by 11, and again, we were so tired.

Link to Day 4 Part A

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 09-09-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #197
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

That place looks so cool, glad you got to meet up with Kathy and Mark, they seem like they would be so much fun!!!

Oh My, Alli could be a model. She is so expressive and always with the greatest poses!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #198
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

OMG D! Your pictures of AOA are so cute!

Please tell Alli I said I love the picture of her with the sheriff (she is so pretty).

Also if Alli likes the dance parties the CM's have tell her we will have to make a date for the one at the pool next year! I love to dance! (one more common thing for my kindred spirit friend and I) LOL

Tell V that I love her facial expression with Mater! (too cute!)

I am loving your updates....
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #199
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

nice pics

Love the cars pics think we might have to check out that hotel while we are in the world......lol

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #200
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

We have to check out the AoA resort some time. It looks interesting. What is that building called The Cozy Cone Motel used for? It looks cute.

I love following your trip report because you are disciplined enough to write an update every day. Of course, someone who can work from home has to be disciplined, since it so easy to be sidetracked at home.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #201
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Oh your pics make me majorly regret not walking over to AoA from Pop to check it out. My kids would have LOVED the Cars theming- I never imagined it would be so cool! And my son really would have LOVED the telephone poles- it's his thing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #202
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Also the food court situation was the same at Pop. Some lines got food immediately and some had REALLY long waits. Really tough for coordinating a family dinner in which everyone eats at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #203
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

What a bummer about Alli's bag

AoA looks incredible. I think I would also want to stay in a cars suite.

Another DIS meet, how fun!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #204
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Just joining. Great TR. I went and looked at your 2013 Projects and Wow!!!!! I want every single one. You are so creative and talented.

Last edited by reelmom; 09-08-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #205
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Hahaha... EE can make almost anyone smile (or cry).

Hi Bernadette!!! Thanks for checking in - I was thinking of you yesterday (I was wearing Emma's bracelet)... So sorry that work is sucking the life out of you - that is terrible. But I am glad you have another trip planned - it will be wonderful to spend some one on one time with Emma... Where are you staying?

Awww... Thank you - you do some incredible work too!

Glad to hear all the kids are adjusting well... It was so much fun to meet your family - you all are just the NICEST group of people. I can't wait to start writing about our day together! It's too bad that I dont' have many pictures of it.

Hahaha... Well - it was a regretable purchase... At least I know never to get it again. It kind of put me off on all drinks while we were there though - There were a couple others I wanted to try (the Gray Goose for one) and I was just afraid to, because I was nervous all of them would make me sick. So, I stuck with water for most of the trip.

So glad I am not the only one... It was so heartbreaking to leave, but in hindsight - I am kind of glad we did... I can't imagine how much worse off we would have been if we would have stayed.

I am glad you brought her pillowcase back - it was so neat to see it in person. I just love how you did it and the fabrics you chose! Victoria is sleeping on her's already. LOL

I totally get having a trip to look forward to... it always makes me feel better too... It's sad to think that I *almost* enjoy the planning more thant the trip itself. Although - I was hoping we would ahve more miles by the end of this trip than we did.

D~
I didn't get a chance to do EE this trip. I spent a lot of time with Emma doing the Wilderness Explorer thing. That was pretty cute. It was nearly park closing so I let Joe & Lizzy rush ahead to get on EE. I couldn't keep up with them & by the time I got there it was closed. I dont think I will get on in Dec either but I did once get to ride 12 times in a row. I miss PM EMH at AK! Emma went on it once when she was 5 & I can't get her back on. She doesn't like big drops. She used to love BTMRR but she won't go on that any more.

I'm almost embarrassed to say where I booked for Dec but I'm looking forward to it! Thanksgiving is so late this year that I really can't go the first week if Dec as that would mean traveling Thanksgiving weekend and I won't do that. So we are going the 2nd week but that is Pop Warner. As much as I love Pop Century I don't want to stay in a value resort during Pop Warner. So I've decided to pursue another DVC property-as a "research" mission for future family trips. I got a great AP rate on a room at Old Key West and since this is a research mission we're staying in a 1BR not a studio. It will be nice to have a kitchen with my picky eater and awesome to have a washer/dryer so we can pack light. One issue with Dec trips is you can have temps in the 30s or 80s. I have had both on the same trip more than once. So you need a variety of clothes but now we can pack just a little of each and do laundry for what we need most.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. Emma is the perfect age. Old enough to appreciate all the holiday offerings and young enough to make it all fun. I am waiting to hear back from Terry-my FL friend. I was able to get us a Candlelight Processional dinner package for Sat night at Rose & Crown. The narrator is Whopping Goldberg. I also have one later in the week in case she doesn't want to do it with Dennis Haysbert. I didn't recognize the name but he's the Allstate guy. I think he would be a great narrator.

I think this trip will be more about all the holiday offerings rather than the normal rides. I want to see all the Holiday story tellers at Epcot, visit the deluxe resorts to see all the ginger bread displays, Osborne Lights & MVMCP.

Work will be crazy for me until 11/16. It will be nice to have a few weeks to prepare for this trip. I haven't book air yet but yesterday I wasn't sure what to book because the flight I wanted to take down only had 1seat at $169 but if I booked us both together which I really wanted to do it was $210 each. this morning that same flight is $125. The flight home is still $125 so $500 RT for both of us & I have nearly $400 in credits. I've got to book today.

Thanks for the compliments on Emma's pillowcase. She picked out the fabrics and thread. She knows what she likes.

Emma & I have been making more bracelets. She's done some really great patterns. It is the big fad at her school this year. She said its way bigger than the silly band craze of a few years ago. All the kids seemed to be impressed with the things she is creating. It's nice for her to have that ice breaker as she tends to be quiet (in school).

The Grey Goose drink is very nice and not really strong enough to make you sick but I've never tried it on a hot summer day. I would be hard pressed to say its worth $10 though. I tried the rainbow margarita once. I ended up throwing a lot of it away. I also tried the Welsh Dragon at Rose & Crown. That one was way too strong for me. Threw most of that one away.

I'm glad you don't have too many pictures from BB. My kids loved spending time with you & your girls. All 3 kept asking me to find out where you were every day but I knew you had other people to meet & I wanted you have some time for just the 3 of you. And didn't want you to think I was stalking you.

We must have just missed you at AoA! We were hoping to eat there but we were exhausted after spending all day at Kennedy Space Center. I wasn't up for waiting at the food court. The lines looked long and not moving We went back to AKL instead. We walked through the Cars section to get back to our car. My pics look like they were taken just before yours. Mine are date stamped around 7:30.

I was thinking about going to work today but I can't find my office key-I have my fob to get into the building but not my key to get onto my floor. I haven't looked too hard for it.. I'm all ready for tomorrow's 4 meetings. I think if I relax today & go in early tomorrow I can prepare for Tuesday's 1 meeting and then with just 1 meeting Tuesday I should be able to prepare for the rest of the week.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #206
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Forgot to say good luck with Ali's bag!

And from prior posts I meant to say again how much I like the girls' sunglasses!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #207
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

And there she is!! What a great photo of you and Kathy! (my apologies if I posted about you and Kathy before you wanted to share that... oops! I had seen what a great photo you two had together on FB!)

What adorable photos of the girls having fun and posing with the cars at AoA!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #208
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

Awesome! Thank you! I am super happy to have someone else following along... I can PM you some info if you'd like.

Yes please do!! My husband was teasing me last night because I was so wrapped up in trying to figure out what kind of theme I would want!

DisneyWorld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
DisneyWorld 1990 Off Property
DisneyWorld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
DisneyWorld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
DisneyLand 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip DisneyLand 2009 Day Trip
DisneyWorld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
Old 09-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #209
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Welcome to the DIS Alli!

I love your pictures in front of all the Cars statues! Cars is my favourite Disney movie, so I'm really hoping to take a visit to AoA someday to see the section.

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
Old 09-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #210
babynala
DIS Veteran

I have been following along on my phone but needed to come to my computer to see all your great pictures. Love the Sully bag, he is so expressive (and I see your manicure is still holding up)

I hope your BFF can get the stains out of the Up bag. I figure the girls are enjoying their weekend after a busy first week of school.

Enjoyed seeing all your pictures of AoA. That shot of you and Suzi is a great and I'm so happy to see you got to meet Kathy.

I'm looking forward to Allie's contributions to your TR and think it would be good if you added your PP pictures to your old posts. I would love to re-live your trip again with the "new" pictures. Speaking of PP, when you did your pre-purchase were you able to use multiple Disney Gift Cards on the website to place the order. I am thinking about grabbing a few at Target to cover the cost of the PP+ pre-order but I can't tell if they will let me use multiple gift cards.

Can't wait to see what surprises you have coming out of your sewing room. Now get back to work so we don't have to wait so long.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: