Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #181
mblc14
Mouseketeer

D~[/QUOTE]
Out-take of the day...

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

D~[/QUOTE]

I love the guy in the tank top facial expression.... I always wonder if this has ever been any of us in someone's TR??? Be interesting to see and laugh at!!

Can't wait to see what the big news is!!
DisDads Member #542
2007 Pop Century Christmas
2012 Bay Lake Tower Spring Break
March 2012 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44424786
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872355 March 2012 PTR

Last edited by mblc14; 09-07-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #182
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblc14 View Post
D~
Out-take of the day...

D~[/QUOTE]

I love the guy in the tank top facial expression....:rotfl2: I always wonder if this have ever been any of us in someone's TR??? Be interesting to see and laugh at!!
[/QUOTE]

The picture of V is funny, but what caught my attention was that guy.

That is the one thing I want to do this trip - go crash AoA. I don't think I actually want to every stay there (unless we get some sort of surprise kid) but I cannot wait to see the Cars area.

And you've got some sneaky ninja bus hopping skills there. Poor Suzi, having to catch up with you.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #183
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

Oh my!! I have just discovered your trip reports!! I spent last night and today reading all about your March 2012 trip and now have started in on this one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your bags! Since I'm new here I was hoping you could direct me on where to find out more info on your bags and how much they are and what not. I'm hoping to fit one into my budget for my first mother daughter trip with my DD6!!!

Disneyworld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 1990 Off Property
Disneyworld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
Disney Land 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip Disney Land 2009 Day Trip
Disneyworld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
Disneyworld Nov 2013 Pop Century
Disney Land Aug 2014 Paradise Pier Disney Land Half Marathon!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #184
solana131
DIS Veteran

Oh gosh...that AoA trip was interesting. Still not entirely sure how we missed you guys But it actually worked out good because we got to see a little of POP too. Love your AoA pics. This night is one of the bad ones on my camera. I know Sara has some cute ones though. It was fun!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #185
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read the big announcement!

I would be disappointed that Donald wasn't at the entrance as well.

The pics of Alli with V being cranky are adorably funny.

Another cliffhanger...
Old 09-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #186
LMN
DIS Veteran

I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about the big announcement!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #187
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you and Susi ended up finding each other (funny that you missed each other at Epcot). Great pictures of AOA. I know for fact that Mark and I could never stay there. And not because of how big it is, because we don't like the big icons and the in your Disney. But they sure did a great job with it.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #188
nannye
DIS Veteran

DOrine, do you have merida pics? I have all of them so just want to be sure. I don't have any fairy godmother photo pass pics, was there a photographer there?

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #189
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Hi I am joining in! I really enjoyed your pre-trip report and reading all about your sewing! My very small sewing business helps fund our trips too! My DD had a cold during our trip and we still had a wonderful time, but being sick defiantly slows you down, and that stinks! I hope you all felt better as the trip went on. Can't wait to read more!

We have to go in July/Aug because of my DH's work schedule. I guess since its go then or not go at all, I have never really thought too much about the weather but it is pretty hot. But, I would rather be in Disney heat than heat at home!

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #190
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi D! I had to follow your TR since our travel dates overlapped and I recall that Kathy Schultz met up with you too! It was HOT then! Melty HOT!

Your attempt to get to CRT for dinner sounds exactly like our experience since they had a parade at that time and we had to detour the long way through TL! Argh!

Sounds like you started to feel better but darn, sorry for the Dessert Party night you were hit with the crud.

Love your whimsical headbands/bags and gear. How adorable and fun.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #191
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Enjoying the trip report so far. Midori really likes the Monster's Inc. Hipster..

The guy in the picture looks like he needs a new pair of glasses or he just ate something he did not like. Your right, you wonder how many family vacation pictures we are in with crazy looks and faces.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 09-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #192
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Loving it so far!

But I do miss a lot going back and forth between the phone and laptop...I had to wait until this morning to see the out take from the flight...hmmm... Elbow...yes, that's what it was....

LOL...

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #193
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblc14 View Post
Out-take of the day...

I love the guy in the tank top facial expression.... I always wonder if this has ever been any of us in someone's TR??? Be interesting to see and laugh at!!

Can't wait to see what the big news is!!
Hi Mike! Yah - I saw that guy too... And I LOLed at his expression. I pray I am never in anyone's TR and making faces - well - unintentional faces that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Out-take of the day...

The picture of V is funny, but what caught my attention was that guy.

That is the one thing I want to do this trip - go crash AoA. I don't think I actually want to every stay there (unless we get some sort of surprise kid) but I cannot wait to see the Cars area.

And you've got some sneaky ninja bus hopping skills there. Poor Suzi, having to catch up with you.
It was so fun to crash AoA - it was almost like a theme park unto itself. LOL You'll want to stay tuned for my next update then...

Hahaha... That was the ONLY time the busses worked so well in our favor - I should have known, as soon as it happened, that something was up. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbruzzetti View Post
Oh my!! I have just discovered your trip reports!! I spent last night and today reading all about your March 2012 trip and now have started in on this one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your bags! Since I'm new here I was hoping you could direct me on where to find out more info on your bags and how much they are and what not. I'm hoping to fit one into my budget for my first mother daughter trip with my DD6!!!
Awesome! Thank you! I am super happy to have someone else following along... I can PM you some info if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Oh gosh...that AoA trip was interesting. Still not entirely sure how we missed you guys But it actually worked out good because we got to see a little of POP too. Love your AoA pics. This night is one of the bad ones on my camera. I know Sara has some cute ones though. It was fun!
I think we figured it out yesterday via text - nothing made sense until then. I think, what happened is that you all were waiting at the FQ bus stop - but since the driver went to POR to pick up, he dropped us at the POR stop, which was RIGHT NEXT to the AoA stop... We were literally on the ground outside the bus for less than 20 seconds. I should have known the moment we pulled up - with the AoA bus next to us - that it was too good to be true. I love ya Suzi - I never would have gotten on that bus if I would have known you were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
I can't wait to read the big announcement!

I would be disappointed that Donald wasn't at the entrance as well.

The pics of Alli with V being cranky are adorably funny.

Another cliffhanger...
Oh - you know me - the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is TOP SECRET for the time being... But I will continue to drop clues for you all, here and there, to keep you interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about the big announcement!
Hahaha... I love it!!! Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned anything? It's going to be a while before I can tell you all... and it's top secret news until then. But I will continue to drop clues, to keep you all in suspense (I've been told that I am good at that...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm glad you and Susi ended up finding each other (funny that you missed each other at Epcot). Great pictures of AOA. I know for fact that Mark and I could never stay there. And not because of how big it is, because we don't like the big icons and the in your Disney. But they sure did a great job with it.
Yay - so happy that we found Suzi too! Meeting up with her and her clan was one of the big highlights of our trip! I loved AoA... I think we could do a short trip there - but it would have to be short, we are way too used to the quiet and smallness of FQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
DOrine, do you have merida pics? I have all of them so just want to be sure. I don't have any fairy godmother photo pass pics, was there a photographer there?
I do have the Merida pics... I love how they turned out! There wasn't a Photopass photographer at the Fairy Godmother... But I have TONS of pics of the meet on my camera... Do you want me to email them to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Hi I am joining in! I really enjoyed your pre-trip report and reading all about your sewing! My very small sewing business helps fund our trips too! My DD had a cold during our trip and we still had a wonderful time, but being sick defiantly slows you down, and that stinks! I hope you all felt better as the trip went on. Can't wait to read more!
Welcome! That is awesome! I love meeting fellow seamstresses on the The Dis! Super happy that you are following along. Bummer about your dd having a cold... V came down with a cold as soon as we got home - it was pretty nasty - she is still trying to get her ears to pop from the flight and we've been home for 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
We have to go in July/Aug because of my DH's work schedule. I guess since its go then or not go at all, I have never really thought too much about the weather but it is pretty hot. But, I would rather be in Disney heat than heat at home!
I totally agree... The heat was awful - but I feel the same way - right now we just don't have a choice. I cannot afford to let the girls miss that many days of high school for a trip - and it's SO MUCH WORK for them to get caught up... I hate going in the summer - but this was our first summer trip - and it was soooo nice not to have the stress of homework on us all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi D! I had to follow your TR since our travel dates overlapped and I recall that Kathy Schultz met up with you too! It was HOT then! Melty HOT!
Welcome!!! Glad to have you following along. Yes, I did meet Kathy - super happy about that! What were your trip dates??? Where did you stay??? Ooooh - maybe I should just go read your TR and see for myself? LOL

Quote:
Your attempt to get to CRT for dinner sounds exactly like our experience since they had a parade at that time and we had to detour the long way through TL! Argh!
Yah - that was pretty rough... I don't wish it on anyone. And now the girls want to eat there again... Sigh - That was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime thing." LOL I hope you made it to your CRT ADR on time.

Quote:
Sounds like you started to feel better but darn, sorry for the Dessert Party night you were hit with the crud.
We did start to feel better - still bummed about the dessert party... but we will just have to do it again - it won't be the same with out Suzi and Erin there with their families, but...

Quote:
Love your whimsical headbands/bags and gear. How adorable and fun.
Thank you!!! It sure added a ton of fun and attention to our trip! I am not sure I could ever go back with out it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Enjoying the trip report so far. Midori really likes the Monster's Inc. Hipster..
Thank you!! Super happy to have you following along! She may have to fight V for it - LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
The guy in the picture looks like he needs a new pair of glasses or he just ate something he did not like. Your right, you wonder how many family vacation pictures we are in with crazy looks and faces.
LOL... He does stick out... I should try to find one of him with a normal face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Loving it so far!

But I do miss a lot going back and forth between the phone and laptop...I had to wait until this morning to see the out take from the flight...hmmm... Elbow...yes, that's what it was....

LOL...

Nini
Thanks Nini - so glad you are still following along. LOL yes - I can see your confusion between the elbow and ???? LOL

Another nice day yesterday...

I am still finding it so strange to not have such a heavy workload in my sewing room... It's very hard to find things to occupy my time... I did spend some time up there yesterday though. As most of you know - as a rule - I try not to spend any time up there on the weekends, but as we were prepping for our trip - I was pulling 12 hour days/7 days a week for the last several weeks. So to be back to my normal schedule is very bizarre for me. So, just a few hours up there yesterday and I made a nice dent in my next BIG SUPER SECRET progect... No hints for it today - other than progress. But let's just say - the sooner I finish - the sooner you will get to see it.

I am still debating on ordering my Photopass CD... Then, as I was going through some photos on my phone yesterday - I found a TON of them I could have uploaded to my TR already... Really bummed about that. So, I think what I am going to do, is just edit those posts involved??? What would you do? Then I can just post a link to that post to let you all know it's been updated?

Today the girls and I are headed up to BFF's house. We have not seen her since we have been home from our trip. I am also bringing Alli's UP bag with me... It had an accident with her make-up on the trip home and it didn't win. I am so very sad about it - you all know how many HOURS I had into it - but I only found out the other day when she unpacked. It is very possible that I will have to rip the entire bag apart and remake it - I am hoping that I can at least save the panels with all the applique work on them - as that is where most of my time was spent. BFF is a whiz on getting stains out - so I am going to let her work her magic first. Thankfully I sprayed it down good with Scotch Guard before we left - so there is a bit of hope of saving it. Wish us luck.

That's about all for updates in my boring life...

Out-take... I had to pull this one out - even though it showed my drawing, the girls' faces were awful (even if one of them was intentional. )

Have a fantastic day everyone!

D~
Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #194
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I forgot to add...

Yesterday, Alli created her own user name on The Dis... She plans to update my TR with some of the pictures she took on our trip. She is a bit nervous about this, and I don't know when she will get a chance to do it - as she wants to edit them all, so it may be weeks... But I wanted to let you all know that she may be around a little bit.

D~
Old 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #195
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

haha love that outtake

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: