Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
salemnews
Earning My Ears

Disney Magical Express

Question about Disney magical express? Were leaving Manchester NH at 7am flight when will we see our bags again? Do we pick them up at Orlando airport?
salemnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

This is my favorite part about DME! The next time you see your bags will be when they're waiting for you in your room! Granted, it might take a few hours for them to get there, but you don't need to deal with them at all.

Just remember to pack anything you'll need right away in your carry-on. Go check in, head to a park, and when you come back your bags will be waiting for you!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Crazy Hakim
DIS Veteran

This is GREAT advice! Do not pack any items that you might need upon arrival at your resort! Medications, Reservation Info, Magic Bands, and sometimes even a change of clothes should all be in a carry on, just in case DME does not deliver as soon as you expected. A quick call to Bell Services can assist you in estimating arrival time of your bags, and you do not have to be in your room for them to be delivered from DME.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

I Love DME. For my family, that is when the trip really begins! It is a magical ride! Gotta love that you never handle your luggage!

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
MATTinNH
Mouseketeer

Hello, We fly out of Manchester all the time ( next trip to WDW is end of Oct ).

We've never had an issue. Its a great service, we always use it. There is like a 25% chance your bags will make it there within about 30 mins after you. I think the average for us has been about an hour. I believe they have a 2 hour window. We generally either wear what we intend on wearing for the day, and/or bring a change in our carry-ons. We make sure we have every thing we need for our son ( 3 1/2). If you have meds, anything like that bring it.

If your departing at 7, guessing you're arriving about 10:30.....You'll get to your hotel about 11-11:15.

Kids LOVE the bus!!! ( we love the bus) It just starts the whole week off right...no worries, not even transportation, just having fun all week.

Once you use it, you'll always use it.
MATTinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
connors95
Earning My Ears

I use it every time I go to WDW. My luggage is usually there within 2 hours after check-in. I did have only one problem when one of our suitcases was not there when we got back from the parks. I called baggage and they located it and had it to my room in less then a hour. I would still not hesitate using it every time I go.
connors95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Originally from NH, recently moved to the Orlando area--but we always used MHT to get here in the past. Magical Express always got our bags to our room within an hour of getting to our resort. Makes it a lot less stressful, you just hop on the bus and let the vacation begin.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
DisneyDude71
Mouseketeer

You can pick up your bags at the airport if you wish to. Just don't put the yellow tags on your bags. Then you would have to go to baggage claim to get your bags then to magical express. Just put a few things you may need in with your carry on, and your good to go. If your room is not ready when you get to the resort your items can be held so you can go and checkout the parks or whatever..
DisneyDude71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
TerryGriffin
Mouseketeer

A few questions :
Our flight arrives at 9:35 am.

Does the bus depart on the hour?
We are staying at Contemp/Bay Lake Tower, what time will we arrive?
Since check in isn't until later, will the hotel hold our carry on bags or no?
TerryGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
Crazy Hakim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGriffin View Post
You can check in as soon as you arrive at the resort.
Your bags will be held/delivered to your room "magically"
I strongly suggest you do On-line check in in advance of your arrival, and make sure your approx. arrival time is noted (put your landing time).
With a little luck, you may get a ready room when you arrive.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #11
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryGriffin View Post
A few questions :
Our flight arrives at 9:35 am.

Does the bus depart on the hour?
We are staying at Contemp/Bay Lake Tower, what time will we arrive?
There is no schedule for the DME busses. They leave when they are full or in 20 minutes, whichever is sooner.

Bell services at the Contemporary will hold your carryon bags for you.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
PoohBear23
Earning My Ears

I'm traveling with an 11 month old and a 4.5 year old in Feb. I'm Concerned about the safety of the 40 min bus ride for my youngest with no car seat. Does anybody else have these concerns? Those of you that have ridden before, can you set this worried mama's mind at ease so that we don't incur yet another added expense?
PoohBear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear23 View Post
I'm traveling with an 11 month old and a 4.5 year old in Feb. I'm Concerned about the safety of the 40 min bus ride for my youngest with no car seat. Does anybody else have these concerns? Those of you that have ridden before, can you set this worried mama's mind at ease so that we don't incur yet another added expense?
It's no different than any other public bus service.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #14
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

Quote:
We have ridden on ME many times, once with kids the same as yours are now. We have never had an issue. The seats a large and padded well, no seat belts. There is a video playing while you ride so the kids are usually distracted by that. It will be OK sit back, hold the baby put the 4 yr old next to you or another adults and relax!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is practically no public transportation where my family lives, so my sister was nervous about taking the buses with my niece on our last trip (1 year old at the time). To put her mind at ease, she put her in her Ergo carrier every we were on a bus. I don't know how safe this would be in an accident, but it did make my sister feel better to know my niece wouldn't fly off a seat or her lap if the bus went over a bump or had to stop quick.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: