DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

When do Closing Docs Come?

I am getting a bit ahead here but trying to figure when things happen after ROFR.
From reading about the Tuesday before 30 days, I would expect our ROFR to be Tues. Sept. 16.
We will be leaving for vacation the following Friday for 10 days.
Will estoppel be say the 17th for a week or so and then they send closing papers? Do we send check back with the paperwork or before?
I'm trying to figure if we need to make arrangements to get closing papers and cashier's check taken care of while we are gone. Don't wanna hold up closing.
TIA!
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Figaro8398
Mouseketeer

We were told 10-14 days but we had them in 5.
2009 - POR, 2010 - BCV/VWLEngaged at the Garden Grill
February 2011 - POR Married at Shades of Green, June 2011 - Disneymoon at BCV
March 2012 - POP...then surprise! The BC!!! - The Babymoon
Our little princess's first trip home May 2013 BCV
Figaro8398 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
lawboy2001
Soon to be DVCer

I think timelines can vary. My ROFR came through late on Monday night and I received all the closing docs that Thursday, and sent them and the funds back on the Friday, because I was going on vacay for over a week.

To be safe, you can always send in the funds before your leave and then receive the closing docs by email, sign them and scan them back to the broker.
lawboy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
I am getting a bit ahead here but trying to figure when things happen after ROFR.
From reading about the Tuesday before 30 days, I would expect our ROFR to be Tues. Sept. 16.
We will be leaving for vacation the following Friday for 10 days.
Will estoppel be say the 17th for a week or so and then they send closing papers? Do we send check back with the paperwork or before?
I'm trying to figure if we need to make arrangements to get closing papers and cashier's check taken care of while we are gone. Don't wanna hold up closing.
TIA!
Talk to your broker, that is what they are there for. Schedules change and they would have the up to date info.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
agie65
New Disney Fan

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

After ROFR everything depend one closing agent, only thing broker can do is call and stay on top of seller to send the docs on time. If ROFR happens in the first 3 weeks of the month estoppel should not take much longer. At the end of the month DVC holds it till the first of the month. Your closing agent can help you out on this matter. They can also give you total closing cost and if you want to be super sure can send extra money and closing agent can refund the money left over from closing. I like *** for closing so no matter who the broker is I ask them to send closing to *** so I can get a faster response on questions and a super fast closing. I just closed on one contract in 8 days after ROFR. And if your seller has special situation it can take longer to get the docs back for closing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: