Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #91
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Happy Monday, everyone!

I managed to do pretty well this weekend - landing in about the same spot on the scale after handling a church picnic (Saturday) and a small cookout at our house (Sunday). *whew* I went more off the rails yesterday when we opened the wine, but it was worth it! I might have had a couple of extra little cookies, but overall I was pretty proud of myself for sticking to the overall plan.

And today, oh my heck, today. I barely had time to eat! I had a MD appt at 8 and physical therapy at 9, so DH managed the whole kids-out-the-door process. I grabbed a little bit of work time with a lunch break jammed in at Subway. Got the kids at the bus stop (Mondays are an early release day here, drives me nuts!) and got homework going for the older one. Mitigated a few disputes and knocked out a bit more work before getting the kids out to their dental cleanings. Home and immediately sent the younger one down the street for her first piano lesson. Quick phone convo with the older one's teacher about her math placement - on speaker with DH, who had just gotten home. Chowed down a SmartOnes chicken quesadilla while DH started a quick dinner for the kids. Ran (almost literally) to the first-grader's back-to-school night; DH brought DDs with him to his church committee meeting. Back here, grabbed a quick snack (dried fruit) and got some work done. Miles to go, but I may give up soon and take my Kindle up to bed.

OOF.

I hope you guys had a slightly less insane Monday! Here's to a great week with less of all of us.

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #92
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

Liz,

Just reading the activities of your day wore me out! I must say, I had an easier day. I worked 7a-7p (nurse). Now waiting for DD to get done with school commitments so we could drop homework off at DD's boyfriend's house, and then go home. Not sure what dinner will be since it'll be almost 9 by the time we get home. Maybe a small salad.

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #93
bryana
Mouseketeer

I decided with my boyfriend being away M-F for the next 8 weeks, I would try to start a new routine of getting up earlier every day, as opposed to my current one of running out of the door for work at the last possible second. Today is my second day of setting an alarm for 5 and the coffee pot for 5:30. Today was a little harder than yesterday but I still did it! Being able to eat a "real" breakfast has definitely been a nice change of pace. I also noticed yesterday that I definitely snacked way less. My usual routine was to toast a bagel at work and put peanut butter on it. Yesterday (and today) I have made eggs, a few strips of turkey bacon, some Ezekiel toast, and a small bowl of strawberries and raspberries. Feeling pretty good about it.

Upcoming Trips
Jan'15 RPR/BWI/BC

Previous Trips
Aug'96 WL; Aug'05 WL; Jun'08 ASMo; Dec'10 Offsite; Jan'13 ASMu; Feb'14 BC (Inaugural GSC )
bryana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #94
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone-had a busy weekend but managed to stay on track Dusted off weighing scales and measuring cups/spoons (I have Disney ones which always make me smile) so hopefully I will do good at Fridays weigh-in. I made Pamela's pizza (on the recipe thread)for our family movies night at the weekend and have to say it was delicious (thanks for sharing Pamela) plus I felt so angelic for not buying takeout (shining my halo now ).

Off to do school pick-ups (walking there today). Keep up the good work everyone

PS Very impressed with your handiwork Pamela-cooker looks great!
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #95
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Oh, hello found 1.6 pounds club this week. But that's what I get for thinking the more tequila I drank, the better the Miami Hurricanes would beat up on the Gators! (Which they DID BTW!)

No worries though as my official Wine and Dine training starts this week. Also going to try doing the protein shake for breakfast AND dinner and have a good meal at lunchtime. Guess we'll see how it goes next week.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #96
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Feeling the munchies now, but trying to stay on target as the dang scale says I put 1 lb. on over the weekend even though I have been very good about my food intake. Grrrrr

So instead of eating food I have in my house, I have decided to think of all the scrumptious treats I plan on eating next year at WDW. Since I have no access to them, it's ok to say I can have them, right?

Tops on my list is the pumpkin spiced waffles I see for MNSSHP. Then it's Creme Brulee from Wolfgang Puck Express, brownie sundae from the food court and a funnel cake with ice cream & apples from Epcot AA kiosk. And maybe a Mickey bar if it's hot enough and I'm not too full.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #97
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
Feeling the munchies now, but trying to stay on target as the dang scale says I put 1 lb. on over the weekend even though I have been very good about my food intake. Grrrrr

So instead of eating food I have in my house, I have decided to think of all the scrumptious treats I plan on eating next year at WDW. Since I have no access to them, it's ok to say I can have them, right?

Tops on my list is the pumpkin spiced waffles I see for MNSSHP. Then it's Creme Brulee from Wolfgang Puck Express, brownie sundae from the food court and a funnel cake with ice cream & apples from Epcot AA kiosk. And maybe a Mickey bar if it's hot enough and I'm not too full.
You are totally allowed to plan next yrs treats if it helps you stay on plan now
You do however now have my tummy rumbling and my mind thinking "oooh that's sound nice, and that too and......."
Think swimsuits lol
Old 09-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #98
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
You do however now have my tummy rumbling and my mind thinking "oooh that's sound nice, and that too and......."
Sorry! At least none of us have access to them!

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #99
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry! At least none of us have access to them!
No worries-you made me smile
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #100
mainemooncat
Mouseketeer

Hello, New Here

Hello! I would love to join this thread. Just yesterday I booked our trip for next year in October and I refuse to go to WDW at this weight. I want to be in pictures with my DH and DD! I have a while before the trip but also have a lot of work to do. I look forward to joining here for some mutual support as I have started this journey several times but now really am motivated by our trip next year to STAY ON TRACK AND FINISH!

Thanks for putting this thread out there!
mainemooncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #101
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemooncat View Post
Hello! I would love to join this thread. Just yesterday I booked our trip for next year in October and I refuse to go to WDW at this weight. I want to be in pictures with my DH and DD! I have a while before the trip but also have a lot of work to do. I look forward to joining here for some mutual support as I have started this journey several times but now really am motivated by our trip next year to STAY ON TRACK AND FINISH!

Hiya welcome to the team A trip is a brilliant motivator. Bet you cant wait to start planning it all
Old 09-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #102
myweegirls

Good morning, everyone! Wednesday already - how did that happen?! The kids are off to school (their first day of walking together to the bus stop without a parent - DH shadowed them in the car), and I'm waiting for the plumbing guys to come measure the spot where we want to replace our pedestal sink with a small cabinet vanity. Working at the same time, but it's hard to hear the doorbell from the home office, so I'm leaning a lot.

I commuted yesterday, which always makes for a long day, but I still got out for a 5K run last night. It was so hot during the day - I went at sunset, which was pretty...and then dark. I think I might have inhaled a spider web. But otherwise, it was a good run! I have a half marathon this Saturday morning, and we have a forecast low of 49, high of 69, and not a cloud in sight. That would be SO perfect for a long run...and this one starts and ends at a winery, too. That is definitely not a bad thing.

Hope everyone has a great day!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #103
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Happy Monday, everyone!

I managed to do pretty well this weekend - landing in about the same spot on the scale after handling a church picnic (Saturday) and a small cookout at our house (Sunday). *whew* I went more off the rails yesterday when we opened the wine, but it was worth it! I might have had a couple of extra little cookies, but overall I was pretty proud of myself for sticking to the overall plan.

And today, oh my heck, today. I barely had time to eat! I had a MD appt at 8 and physical therapy at 9, so DH managed the whole kids-out-the-door process. I grabbed a little bit of work time with a lunch break jammed in at Subway. Got the kids at the bus stop (Mondays are an early release day here, drives me nuts!) and got homework going for the older one. Mitigated a few disputes and knocked out a bit more work before getting the kids out to their dental cleanings. Home and immediately sent the younger one down the street for her first piano lesson. Quick phone convo with the older one's teacher about her math placement - on speaker with DH, who had just gotten home. Chowed down a SmartOnes chicken quesadilla while DH started a quick dinner for the kids. Ran (almost literally) to the first-grader's back-to-school night; DH brought DDs with him to his church committee meeting. Back here, grabbed a quick snack (dried fruit) and got some work done. Miles to go, but I may give up soon and take my Kindle up to bed.

OOF.

I hope you guys had a slightly less insane Monday! Here's to a great week with less of all of us.

XO
Liz
AHHH!! I remember those days! I can't BELIEVE I am old enough for that to now be in my PAST! With DD off to college my schedule has changed SO MUCH! I haven't been out of the house during the evening hours, other than to run my WW meetings, since she left in August! I LOVE being home!!

Sounds like you got it all done though....good for you. Remember to take care of YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryana View Post
I decided with my boyfriend being away M-F for the next 8 weeks, I would try to start a new routine of getting up earlier every day, as opposed to my current one of running out of the door for work at the last possible second. Today is my second day of setting an alarm for 5 and the coffee pot for 5:30. Today was a little harder than yesterday but I still did it! Being able to eat a "real" breakfast has definitely been a nice change of pace. I also noticed yesterday that I definitely snacked way less. My usual routine was to toast a bagel at work and put peanut butter on it. Yesterday (and today) I have made eggs, a few strips of turkey bacon, some Ezekiel toast, and a small bowl of strawberries and raspberries. Feeling pretty good about it.
What a great motivator to start a new routine! It will be so much easier to get a new schedule going when you only have to worry about YOU. The healthy filling breakfast sounds great! A good breakfast is such a key to staying full and satisfied for the WHOLE DAY! I just don't understand folks who can skip eating until noon... I would pass out from starvation!

Try to really APPRECIATE and EMBRACE that "pretty good" feeling you are having about your new routine. It will help you stick with it when the pillow feels so good someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Hello everyone-had a busy weekend but managed to stay on track Dusted off weighing scales and measuring cups/spoons (I have Disney ones which always make me smile) so hopefully I will do good at Fridays weigh-in. I made Pamela's pizza (on the recipe thread)for our family movies night at the weekend and have to say it was delicious (thanks for sharing Pamela) plus I felt so angelic for not buying takeout (shining my halo now ).

Off to do school pick-ups (walking there today). Keep up the good work everyone

PS Very impressed with your handiwork Pamela-cooker looks great!
SO glad you enjoyed the recipe.... and thanks for the compliment on the range project! Wish the picture showed the dramatic change a bit better.

WOOHOO on pulling out the measuring cups etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Oh, hello found 1.6 pounds club this week. But that's what I get for thinking the more tequila I drank, the better the Miami Hurricanes would beat up on the Gators! (Which they DID BTW!)

So does that mean that the tequila will make an appearance for every game??? (Honestly, I'm not even sure what sport those teams are involved in!)

No worries though as my official Wine and Dine training starts this week. Also going to try doing the protein shake for breakfast AND dinner and have a good meal at lunchtime. Guess we'll see how it goes next week.
Hope your new eating schedule helps. Good luck with your training.

Quote:

Stop... you're making me hungry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemooncat View Post

WELCOME! Be sure to read page one so you get started on the right track with us! Do you know what kind of eating plan you are going to adopt??

Morning all! My day of double-work yesterday was long, but not terrible (subbed in Kindergarten during the day and then went straight to my WW meeting for the evening). It was more just the planning (lunch and snacks to pack, dinner in the crockpot, and an outfit appropriate for both situations) that was getting to me.

For those of you who are attending WW meetings, I LOVE this week's topic. I could really EMBRACE it and get my members to really THINK HARD about it. Make sure you don't miss your meeting! And one of my members brought me TWO TYPES of soup that she made from our newest WW cookbook (Family Style). I can't WAIT to try it for lunch today!! I let you know what I think (she is a chef, so I'm sure it is great!).

BEAUTIFUL weather day on tap here.... near record high temps (welcome back summer!!). I have some WW work to do here at the computer and then will get some housework done and start on some projects here. I will wait and do my walk/run tonight after dinner, when it is a bit cooler (I hope). And I will try to drag DS along with me.... he really needs to increase his acitvity level. He isn't overweight or anything.... but he is "under active," especially since he doesn't play any organized sport any longer.

Off to chat just a bit on the meal planning thread! Come visit!.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #104
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
I think I might have inhaled a spider web. But otherwise, it was a good run! I have a half marathon this Saturday morning, and we have a forecast low of 49, high of 69, and not a cloud in sight. That would be SO perfect for a long run...and this one starts and ends at a winery, too. That is definitely not a bad thing.
Liz
Spider? Blech!!! I have ingested my fair share of those little gnatty things that always seem to show up around 5:30 at night too. Extra protein, right??

I'm thinking if the start/finish is a winery, I'd probably skip the 13.1 in between!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #105
myweegirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
For those of you who are attending WW meetings, I LOVE this week's topic. I could really EMBRACE it and get my members to really THINK HARD about it. Make sure you don't miss your meeting!
Argh! I had to miss my on-site meeting yesterday (I'm the liaison for our WW at work program, or whatever they're calling it these days!) and will have to wait until next week to pick up the weekly. Sounds intriguing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Spider? Blech!!! I have ingested my fair share of those little gnatty things that always seem to show up around 5:30 at night too. Extra protein, right??

I'm thinking if the start/finish is a winery, I'd probably skip the 13.1 in between!
Fortunately, I missed the spider. I hope. And yes - if the winery was open for business that early, I'd be very tempted to skip all the miles in between! I will definitely have earned my wine this weekend!

XO
Liz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: