Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #76
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Just sent in my WI - down just a bit over 1 Lb so that is great! Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are off to my parents again to visit my gram in the nursing home ..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #77
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone!

Am quite pleases with my weight, am down 0.7 pounds since Monday (and that means I am back at my start of August weight...). So hopefully that is a good sign for a successful September!

SUPER!!

You all talk about smoothies as meals - is that really something you can have and feel like you had a proper meal? I think I would just drink it and then think ok, what's for dinner now?
I RARELY have a smoothie as a meal.... in fact, I don't drink smoothies very often. But the one that I made the other day was very filling and high volume food with low calories (due to the pumpkin base). The ONLY time I would really consider having just a smoothie for a meal would be at breakfast.... or maybe lunch if I were desperate. Otherwise I would rather EAT and CHEW my fruits and veggies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Congrats on the loss! Yes I've always felt full after a smoothie - not as much w pure juice. Juicing gives nutrients but no fiber to fill you up. I did the dr oz 3 day cleanse (google it for recipes). The breakfast and dinner was great but I didn't care much for the lunch. It was hard doing nothing but smoothies because you have that urge to chew

I do fine and feel very full and satisfied with having one usually at breakfast. I tried doing a juice fast and could have killed somebody for "food" but I didn't have that on the smoothies. The pulp and fiber are key.
I totally agree with you about wanting the fullness of the fiber from fruits and veggies.... and 99% of the time I am all about eating them whole. But occasionally I am feeling the need for a few cleansing type days and I pull out the juicer. Plus it is a great alterative to get EXTRA veggies in, on top of what you've already eaten. Usually if I am juicing I am doing it in addition to my regular meals, not instead of.

I originally bought my juicer when my DH had his jaw wired shut for about 12 weeks after an accident. He couldn't even do smoothies.... they were just too thick to go through the wires. He lived on homemade juices and very thin protein milkshakes for those 12 weeks (which included T.giving and Christmas )

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Well, I couldn't be happier with my first week of seriously climbing back on the eating right wagon - down 5.2!!!

Of course, I know that pace isn't sustainable, so now the work starts of staying on plan as the pounds get more reluctant to come off. No celebrating this loss with Ben & Jerry's tonight (we'll be walking right by one on our evening errands...). But I'm feeling really proud of my first week back, especially given how insanely busy it's been here! I CAN do this...

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

XO
Liz
Are you KIDDING??? That is remarkable! I'm so impressed!! WTG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
lost 1lb tis week-had hoped for more but glad to have started in the right direction Think I will pay a little more attention to portion sizes this week as I probably need to work on that a little!

Well done to those who got the results they hoped and worked for and to those who are a little disappointed. Keep strong and next weigh in will be better for you

Thanks again Eliza for keeping track of it all
Nice job with the 1 lb!!! Way to get back on track! Now pull out the measure spoons and the food scale and get those portion sizes in line and you will do great next week as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
I had a successful week, as well. Down 4.4 lbs and I know that will slow down when my body decides to realize what we're doing. Right now, though, it's a good motivator.

Good weights to everyone today!
WOOHOO!!

Quote:
Wow - I had to get on the scale 3 times this morning to make sure my eyes were seeing right!.

4.0 lbs down

But again it's my first week back on track and I was super focused on my diet and said 'no' to sooo many temptations - we'll see how long that lasts! And I must admit I rocked on the workouts - again - let's see how long that lasts

Off to the treadmill!!

Good luck everyone and keep focused on your goals!!
And ANOTHER great "LOSER"!! Nice job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Just sent in my WI - down just a bit over 1 Lb so that is great! Hope everyone has a great weekend, we are off to my parents again to visit my gram in the nursing home ..
Wonderful!! That is terrific!

A HUGE BRAVO to all our big losers!! Nice way to start the month!! I am impressed.

And for the rest who might be struggling.... HANG IN THERE!!

I am not going to hang around and chat. Got a pretty decent headache building up for some reason, so I want to lay down for a bit before I go pick up DS at 2:40. I'll try to pop on later...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #78
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the 'Found-a-Pound' Club Zim.......I'm sure we can both manage to get rid of it (and hopefully a bit more) by next week!!!

Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me already, I've updated the spreadsheet and added colours to post #3 for you all....nice selection of colours already!!!

I know some of you PM'd me about coaching during September, but unfortunately I have deleted the messages once I updated the spreadsheet...Doh!!! Could any volunteers please PM me again, and I'll put a post up about coaching on Monday.

Finally...a QOTW (Question of the Weekend!!)..well less a question and more of a recipe sharing request!!!

I have lbs and lbs of extra lean ground beef in my freezer (In the UK extra lean is less than 5% fat), but I am bored with chilli, lasagne or meatballs. Anyone got any low fat, nutricious ideas they'd like to share with me???? (And with everyone else obviously!)

Last edited by Eliza32; 09-06-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #79
pjlla
<><

Hamburger soup, cheeseburger soup, stuffed pepper soup, tacos/taco salad/taco soup, stuffed peppers, stuffed zucchini boats, galumpkies (polish stuffed cabbage rolls), African meatloaf, Shepherd's pie, spicy beef and bean pie, sloppy joes, beef and bean burritos... that's all I am coming up with for now. I could offer recipes for most of these if you have an interest...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #80
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

I'm very interested in the soups, particularly cheeseburger soup!!! Beef and bean burritos also sound good, but I can't have the wraps, so have to substitute with a one egg omlette, do you think it would still work???
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #81
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
I have lbs and lbs of extra lean ground beef in my freezer (In the UK extra lean is less than 5% fat), but I am bored with chilli, lasagne or meatballs. Anyone got any low fat, nutricious ideas they'd like to share with me???? (And with everyone else obviously!)
Cook the ground beef, add pasta sauce, par-bake a zucchini (seeds removed) then "stuff" with meat mixture in the zucchini "boat" and bake. Like stuffed peppers, only with zucchini.

Hamburger pizza.

Taco's or taco salad.

Shepherd's Pie (not really lo-fat, but you can tweak it)
Quote:
Beef and bean burritos also sound good, but I can't have the wraps,
What about wrapping it in romaine leaves?

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #82
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Oooh, like the idea of romaine leaves, I have a similar recipe for chinese yuk sung using turkey mince
Old 09-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #83
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday everyone!

Things here are looking good! I started to sort through my pantry today (it is not that large to start with...) as I will be moving house sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. So I thought before all kind of food needs to be moved, I rather look what I have and then replace after the move. Found some interesting stuff and now have new meal ideas!

Already had some canned mackerel (which was best before October 2013 ) for lunch. It was delicious and the whole can only had 5 points. I had it with some rye bread (similar to pumpernickel). Made a perfect lunch and I had some fish. I definitely will get more of these cans after the move.

Tonight will be some grilled chicken breast with couscous and a tomato salad. I am planning on using the barbecue so that I use up the charcoal!

I think that this will be a fun project! I left all the things that I am planning to eat over the next few weeks out on the kitchen counter!

Helen, the only idea I could come up with would be a "mediterranean" version of chill. Sauté some aubergines, zucchini and maybe bell peppers, then add the beef to the pan, add some tomato paste and a can of tomatoes and you have a beefy ratatouille.

Otherwise, you are welcome to send your lean beef to me here in Germany! I wish I would be able to get lean beef here.

DisFam95 and Pam, thanks for the smoothie feedback! I think I like to chew as well. Especially in the morning, I always enjoy my bowl of fruit, müsli and joghurt (or milk) a lot. So maybe I am just not a smoothie person...

And finally congratulations to all the losers!! Seems like some of us did particularly well this week!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #84
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Well yesterday I seemed to have forgotten my focus somewhere. Breakfast was good. Ended up at the mall shopping for my son so food court it was. Found myself at chick fil a got a sandwich and no fries so I guess that's progress.

I actually don't recall dinner! We went to the store and bought stuff but time got away and no one wanted to cook so we snacked. I found these things called cookie chips. All natural. About the size of a Millard wafer they are super thin and crucify cookie chips. I LOVE thin crunchy cookies so apparently I didn't even think twice about chomping through the bag over the evening. They were a fancy kind of gourmet thing so that means the bag was tiny. Still an extra 600 calories I didn't need.

Then the popcorn came out.

I'm seeing a big salt jump today.

Checked my calendar and noted the date. Certain Tom is coming so that explains the cravings I think.

Water water water today! Going to the movies today so I need to sit away from the popcorn gang.

Good luck everyone on your goals!!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #85
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I'm very interested in the soups, particularly cheeseburger soup!!! Beef and bean burritos also sound good, but I can't have the wraps, so have to substitute with a one egg omlette, do you think it would still work???
Are you avoiding the carbs, is that why no wraps? I have had great luck finding a couple of different types/brands of low carb wraps/tortillas here in the U.S., so may be you could look around a bit. And the suggestion of a lettuce wrap is great as well! I have an Asian Lettuce wrap recipe over on the recipe thread if you want to take a peek. If you do go with lettuce, pick a soft buttery lettuce, like Boston or Bibb. If you pick something crispier like iceberg or Romaine, the leaves will crack and break rather than fold.

I'll look up the cheeseburger soup recipe and try to get it on the recipe thread today (I don't think it is there yet). I'll post a link when I've done that.

Quote:
Well yesterday I seemed to have forgotten my focus somewhere. Breakfast was good. Ended up at the mall shopping for my son so food court it was. Found myself at chick fil a got a sandwich and no fries so I guess that's progress.

I actually don't recall dinner! We went to the store and bought stuff but time got away and no one wanted to cook so we snacked. I found these things called cookie chips. All natural. About the size of a Millard wafer they are super thin and crucify cookie chips. I LOVE thin crunchy cookies so apparently I didn't even think twice about chomping through the bag over the evening. They were a fancy kind of gourmet thing so that means the bag was tiny. Still an extra 600 calories I didn't need.

Then the popcorn came out.

I'm seeing a big salt jump today.

Checked my calendar and noted the date. Certain Tom is coming so that explains the cravings I think.

Water water water today! Going to the movies today so I need to sit away from the popcorn gang.

Good luck everyone on your goals!!
OH my! Water, water, and MORE water. I have a special "fondness" for movie popcorn and would have a hard time sitting there and NOT eating it! More power to you!!

Morning all! Up and moving this morning. I got an email from my Territory Manager late yesterday that I hadn't done an August weigh-in (the month just absolutely FLEW by!!), so I dashed out to the nearest center this morning before breakfast (I say "dash" but it was an hour round trip ). I just BARELY made it within my maintenance range with NOTHING to spare....not a single tenth of a pound!! That was kind of scary! I've GOT to get back to the lower end of my range so I have some "wiggle room" from now on!!

Ran into a small "glitch" as I was trying to re-assemble my newly painted range yesterday, so it still isn't in the kitchen. Hopefully I can solve the problem today and get it together and back in the kitchen!! Also need to finish another coat or two of paint on the bookcase I am painting to take to DD at school.

I may have to change up today's scheduled meals, as I was counting on having the stove back today. I have a pork tenderloin for the grill (although it looks like I may be grilling in the rain) and I can steam broccoli in the microwave. So dinner is all set I guess.... and lunch can be sandwiches. My broccoli cheddar soup will have to be put on hold again!

I would like to plan to do something with DS today. He didn't want to go shopping with me yesterday and it doesn't look like a good day to try to talk him into a bike ride or a short hike. We have free HBO this weekend, so may be a movie afternoon??? Wish I could think of something more active to do with him! He likes to bowl, but it can get expensive and it is a 30 minute drive each way. He likes to paintball, but obviously that isn't something that I get into. Any suggestions????

Off to refill my coffee cup! TTYL...................P

Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #86
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi pjlla

On the eating plan I follow, a lot of foods are 'free' (unlimited), but certain stuff is restricted - carbs is one of those things.....I can only have either 2 small slices of wholemeal bread or one wholemeal pitta per day. Wraps are a complete no-no!!!. It's no loss really.....the one egg omlette thing works great with stuff like burritos and breakfast wraps. (yes, eggs are 'free' on my eating plan too!)

We don't get Bibb or Butter lettuce in the UK (except maybe in WholeFoods), but little gem work quite well.

I've been 100% on plan this week, and the scales are currently showing a 2lb loss, but will have to see what happens at my 'official' club weigh-in tomorrow evening. TOM is literally just around the corner, so maybe a couple of lbs of water to go there too!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #87
amcn928
Earning My Ears

Subscribing! Started in July or our September trip...down 14.25 inches and 7lbs! I would have loved to lose 20 lbs before the trip, but had a hard time staying motivated.
amcn928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #88
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi pjlla

On the eating plan I follow, a lot of foods are 'free' (unlimited), but certain stuff is restricted - carbs is one of those things.....I can only have either 2 small slices of wholemeal bread or one wholemeal pitta per day. Wraps are a complete no-no!!!. It's no loss really.....the one egg omlette thing works great with stuff like burritos and breakfast wraps. (yes, eggs are 'free' on my eating plan too!)

We don't get Bibb or Butter lettuce in the UK (except maybe in WholeFoods), but little gem work quite well.

I've been 100% on plan this week, and the scales are currently showing a 2lb loss, but will have to see what happens at my 'official' club weigh-in tomorrow evening. TOM is literally just around the corner, so maybe a couple of lbs of water to go there too!!!
Well.... you could always turn the contents of a wrap into a salad topping I suppose!

Fingers crossed that the 2 lb loss "sticks" for tomorrow night.... and maybe it could bring along a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcn928 View Post
Subscribing! Started in July or our September trip...down 14.25 inches and 7lbs! I would have loved to lose 20 lbs before the trip, but had a hard time staying motivated.
Welcome aboard! Make sure you read page one so you get started on the right track!

Usually the thought of vacation pictures is a BIG motivator that keeps me on track! When do you leave for your trip??

Morning friends!! Happy Monday!

I made that pumpkin banana smoothie again today and tweaked the recipe a bit more and it was definitely an improvement. I'll share it on the recipe thread! I am also still searching for my cheeseburger soup recipe to share.... not sure what became of it!

Working from home today for a few hours, plus doing the usual laundry, etc. I got a late start on stripping beds and washing sheets, so I will have to keep on top of that today to make sure everything gets on the clothesline in time.

Did you all spend some time this weekend doing your meal planning for the week?? I will admit that I DID NOT, but I am going to it this morning. First I need to take freezer inventory for tonight's meal and tomorrow's crockpot meal. DS has requested soup for tonight, but I'm not sure my stove will be inside by then!

I spent the weekend on some crafting projects and painting projects. Finished painting the bookcase for DD's dorm room. It came out pretty good, all considered. The finish isn't flawless, but I presume it will get banged up plenty this year with books and binders in and out of it, so I'm not too concerned. Can't wait to bring it to her. I miss her so much! Wish I could stay longer when I go visit, but her schedule is so busy, it wouldn't do me much good to stay, since she has classes, labs, swim practice, work, etc.

I can hear the laundry finishing its spin cycle, so time to head to the clothesline!.....................P

Old 09-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #89
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhh!!! I have very little time right now to post Just know that I am reading along and am trying to find time to respond/reply. I'm off to a soccer game and then drum lessons. Hopefully, I will be able to get stuff done around the house tonight & check in after that or tomorrow. Have a healthy night

Jill
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #90
pjlla
<><

Here is a link to my post on the Budget Board where I show pictures of my appliance painting adventure, if you are interested! .............P

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=18

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: