Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #31
bryana
Mouseketeer

hello all! i'm new to this but figure since i am doing the excerise challenge, i may as well do this one too!

i didn't weigh myself this morning so i will PM a weight and my goals tomorrow morning.

Upcoming Trips
Jan'15 RPR/BWI/BC

Previous Trips
Aug'96 WL; Aug'05 WL; Jun'08 ASMo; Dec'10 Offsite; Jan'13 ASMu; Feb'14 BC (Inaugural GSC )
bryana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #32
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I'm here!!!! Sorry to be so late to the party!! I will send you this past Friday's weight as my starting weight for the month, okay??

HEY FRIENDS!! So glad to have a fresh start this month with you all!......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #33
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Hi I l'd like to join in if that's ok? Tried a BL challenge a couple of years back but didn't quite make my goal. Time for a fresh start!
You've been missed!!

So glad to see so many returning friends.... BAMB, donac... missed seeing you around here as well!

And a HUGE welcome to so many new "faces"!!

I am off to get post a bit on the meal planning thread and then be on with my day!............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #34
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone

I have waded through my PMs (remind me never to let it get to 34 unread ever again!!!) and I believe I have added everyone to post #3. Please could you each check that you are there, and PM me if you are NOT.

Next I will be updating the final results for August, so for those of you who were in, take a look later for your final colours.

It's been a bit quiet on here of late, so hopefully we can get a bit of discussion going.....

QOTD Tuesday3/Wednesday 4 September

What are your favourite, healthy, nutricious selections for:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

See ya all later
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Guess I'd better answer my own question!!!!

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Breakfast - porridge with fresh fruit
Lunch - sometimes I really enjoy a tin of baked beans!!! (weird, but it does for me)
Dinner - homemade veggie chilli with chickpeas and bulgar wheat (my new favourite)
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #36
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Breakfast -- luna bar, greek yogurt, smoothie with soymilk and fruit
Lunch -- salad topped off with nuts, meat/egg
Dinner -- meat on the grill, fresh veggies from the fruit stand

now, if i'd just eat like that everyday!

workouts are going to be a stretch for me this week...i'm really run down from last week and we leave again Friday for a wedding. but I will get my dog on a walk here in a bit and make every effort to exercise tomorrow morn. I have a doc appt at 11 a.m. though. i'm in the process of listing out every med and supplement I take, and what changes I want to feel in the next 6 months and present to all my docs. time for their big brains to get it all sorted it may be truth is...more time...bleh

hope everyone's having a great start to their week!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #37
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Breakfast - Apples and cinnamon oatmeal
Lunch - Sandwich on wheat bread with some fruit
Dinner - Grilled pork or chicken, side salad and a veggie

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #38
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Quote:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Here goes:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Cheerios, 1/3 cup Uncle Sam (cereal w/flaxseed & lots of fiber), 1 sliced banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup skim milk. This sounds more complicated than it is - it's my go-to breakfast most mornings, and I love it!

Lunch: Subway - 6" turkey on wheat with provolone, toasted, with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, and one line of honey mustard. Baked Lays original on the side. If I'm out at lunchtime and need something I can order and count points on in my sleep, this is it!

Dinner: DH is doing more cooking, which I love. He's good at it, and he's very respectful of my desire to keep things low-WW points for me and healthy for us all. So we typically meal plan together (!), and then I do the shopping. It's a little bit of a cop-out to say that whatever he makes will be good, but most everything is! This week, I'm looking forward to grilled salmon (probably with a lemon/dill rub) and asparagus. The girls will get a rice side, and I'll skip the extra carbs in favor of a VitaTop (Chocolate Mint, mmmm) for dessert.

DDs went back to school this morning - wahoo! I work at home four days a week, and I'm looking forward to something resembling a normal schedule again. I'm still running a whole bunch - my next half marathon is a week from Saturday, ack! I'm dealing with a little bit of an achilles issue on the left side. I saw an orthopedist about it and am now doing exercises, stretches, and physical therapy. Fortunately, I can still run with it - weirdly enough, that's when it *doesn't* hurt.

So far so good this week for getting back with the healthy eating program. I definitely let the food choices slide too much this summer. Despite still getting good exercise, it just wasn't enough to counter all that relaxed eating! So I set a fairly unrealistic goal for September, if just to keep me motivated clear through to the 30th. We'll see what happens. I'm eager to rejoin the ranks of the maintainers and get this under control before our Food & Wine (and, you guessed it, Wine & Dine Half Marathon) trip in two months!

So good to be back on the challenge board, and so good to see everyone!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #39
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Breakfast: banana on work days, egg whites with veggies on weekends.
Lunch: fresh fruit, cheese, salad.
Dinner: fish or baked chicken with roasted veggies (squash etc..) or grilled burger with onions (no roll) and corn on the cob.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #40
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

Breakfast: usually a packet of oat meal (variety flavor) and I add a Tbsp of peanut butter and one of sugar free jelly to it. Makes it taste like a PBJ sandwich with a spoon.
Lunch: I've recently discovered wraps! I get the 90 cal Flat Outs and use lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon, a slice of thin ham or other lunch meat, a slice of low fat cheese, and a little ranch dressing. Delish!!!
Dinner: this is where my problems lie. I love to cook, so we always eat something different. But I always stick to chicken, ground turkey, tuna in water, etc. lately we've been doing a lot of soups and chili.

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #41
CaryHaven
Mouseketeer

Is it too late to join?
CaryHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #42
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Breakfast: I like to make a "breakfast sammie" with Dave's killer bread (60 cal thins) egg substitute, turkey bacon and a touch of low sugar ketchup.

Lunch: Usually some protein (chicken, fish, pork etc..) with low carb yogurt and raw veggies with either light cream cheese or light ranch dip.

Dinner: Would have to be my meatless taco salad, made with a Morningfarms grillers patty crumbled up and seasoned with a little taco seasoning and cheese over just a big salad, add some crispy jalapeno chips for crunch and top with light sour cream and salsa.

===============================

Had a pretty rough week at work and I am sooooo looking forward to my week off! Lots to do when my sister gets here, flyball practice with Puck the wonder dog, then going to an agility competition with our other dog Blaze, and also trying to squeeze in a trip to the ocean for the day! My sister has never been to our competitions so that will be fun!! Now I just have to get my house cleaned up for the weekend and then I can just relax and enjoy the visit!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #43
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

QOTD
Breakfast-my homemade granola with semi-skimmed milk or a spoonful of granola over low fat yoghurt.
Lunch- curried carrot soup
Dinner- chicken and vegetable stir-fry with fine egg noodles.

Pamela thanks for the kind words. Glad to being back to healthier times
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #44
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

HI everyone I'm back this month too as many others are as well.. I have submitted a goal of 3.1 for the month.. Summer all in all was about a 10 lb gain for me.. so back on track I go!

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I have waded through my PMs (remind me never to let it get to 34 unread ever again!!!) and I believe I have added everyone to post #3. Please could you each check that you are there, and PM me if you are NOT.

Next I will be updating the final results for August, so for those of you who were in, take a look later for your final colours.

It's been a bit quiet on here of late, so hopefully we can get a bit of discussion going.....

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

See ya all later
Breakfast - Egg beaters with cheese and onion
Lunch - Tossed salad with grilled chicken, SF Jello, Peanuts
Dinner - Meat (Steak/Chicken/Pork) baked/roasted/grilled and Veggies (no Carbs for me)

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #45
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Breakfast Herbalife Mint Chocolate Protein Shake
Lunch a big, fat salad with some kind of vegetarian friendly protein
Dinner
some kind of (small portion) of fresh cooked Italian from the local, authentic Italian store - either pasta, fish, or salad

I've been trying to move my bigger meals to lunch time and keep dinner relative light. In my quest to go all-out vegetarian (3 weeks and counting now! ), I've discovered I actually like fish. Who da thunk? My mother will be so proud.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Here goes:

DDs went back to school this morning - wahoo! I work at home four days a week, and I'm looking forward to something resembling a normal schedule again. I'm still running a whole bunch - my next half marathon is a week from Saturday, ack! I'm dealing with a little bit of an achilles issue on the left side. I saw an orthopedist about it and am now doing exercises, stretches, and physical therapy. Fortunately, I can still run with it - weirdly enough, that's when it *doesn't* hurt.

So far so good this week for getting back with the healthy eating program. I definitely let the food choices slide too much this summer. Despite still getting good exercise, it just wasn't enough to counter all that relaxed eating! So I set a fairly unrealistic goal for September, if just to keep me motivated clear through to the 30th. We'll see what happens. I'm eager to rejoin the ranks of the maintainers and get this under control before our Food & Wine (and, you guessed it, Wine & Dine Half Marathon) trip in two months!

So good to be back on the challenge board, and so good to see everyone!

XO
Liz
Hi Liz! Good luck with the PT. A year later and I'm still having flat out arguments with my knees. Looking forward to seeing you at the Wine and Dine.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: