Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #331
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,622

Lisa.... I agree with staying home on the weekends being a TREAT! After 9 years of crazy swim and robotics weekends, I am LOVING having whole weekends to just be HOME! I'm sure that will get boring eventually, but not yet!

Okay folks... time to get something else done! I am sick of being in the kitchen. The low carb pancake recipe I made for DH for breakfast was a bit of a disaster. I finally got a few decent pancakes, but it was a struggle, so that recipe will go in the recycling bin. I was so frustrated by the time I was done with those, I didn't want to cook anything for myself, so I ended up toasting a Van's waffle and putting on a bit of light cream cheese and calling it DONE.

Went out to my herb bed and grabbed a handful of fresh rosemary, basil, and parsley for my 13 bean soup. I threw some in now (full leaves) to infuse some flavor during the long simmering process and then I'll throw those out and put in some fresh chopped stuff when I add the veggies later.

I made some homemade tomato basil soup yesterday and it turned out delicious, even though I didn't use a recipe. If there is any interest out there, I'd be happy to post my process/recipe/idea here. It was SUPER low cal, low fat, and reasonably low carb (unless you count the tomato carbs).

I"m off to check out the October thread (fresh and shiny and NEW) and save myself a seat! .....................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #332
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,225

I'm certainly interested in a good n tasty tomato soup recipe!! Tomato is my fave, but DH hates it!

Just been looking at the 5K results from yesterday.....they've managed to catch me in the photos this week too...unfortunately (fluorescent spandex is soooo not a good look!!)

Anyway, here they are if you need a laugh........the one on the left is me 'in action', and the one on the right is of me in the funnel, getting my timing barcode sorted.


Last edited by Eliza32; 09-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #333
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?
 
knewton64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,636

Smile ** RE: MY WEIGHT LoSS JOURNEY **

Question of the Weekend for 9/28-29/2013:

It's the weekend.... you are hanging around the house.... there are LOTS of tempting foods in the kitchen... chips, cookies, cheese, etc. What do you do to get your mind off of the goodies??


Love the ?



With us, it's just keep on thinking about making our overall target weight & how good & I am going to be looking (going clothes shoppin' in about 7 more weeks) when I head off for San Fran in a few more weeks.



P.S. ELIZA32..... I MADE GOAL for end of month!! YYEEAAA!!! Will be PMing u shortly.
luv the pics.




T.T.F.N.
__________________
Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas
MY "GETTING SPOOKED @ WDW" - MNSSHP TRIP REPORT; Oct 28th -Nov 4th 2010(w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&referrerid=0
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND & SCOTLAND" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT - August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040

Last edited by knewton64; 09-30-2013 at 01:32 AM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #334
DisFam95
DIS Veteran
 
DisFam95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,243

So many good reports - no I feel really bad. Ok I would not sit down and eat a stick of butter but that's what I did! We'll not exactly. My sons birthday was this weekend and I made his cake Friday night. I make really goof buttercream and add a little almond extract. I had leftovers which I basically just ate many spoonfuls over the day.

It's still in the fridge and I'm going to toss it in the morning before I get tempted more.

My son snuck a bag of Mellowcreme pumpkins in the cart. It was my first bite of Halloween candy and it's not even October!!! I had a couple handfuls over the weekend - shame

Oh well I did skip on my diet cokes and do more water.

I'm going to be super focused the rest of the week because our DL trip is in 2 weeks!!!'
__________________
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #335
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?
 
knewton64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,636

Smile ** I HEAR Ya **

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
So many good reports - no I feel really bad. Ok I would not sit down and eat a stick of butter but that's what I did! We'll not exactly. My sons birthday was this weekend and I made his cake Friday night. I make really goof buttercream and add a little almond extract. I had leftovers which I basically just ate many spoonfuls over the day.

It's still in the fridge and I'm going to toss it in the morning before I get tempted more.

My son snuck a bag of Mellowcreme pumpkins in the cart. It was my first bite of Halloween candy and it's not even October!!! I had a couple handfuls over the weekend - shame

Oh well I did skip on my diet cokes and do more water.

I'm going to be super focused the rest of the week because our DL trip is in 2 weeks!!!'


....when it comes to frosting & such.



Here I am in the kitchen, cooking.


AND......


nibbling on what I thought was 4 "INNOCENT"
looking malt balls........



UNTIL -



just 2 days ago I discovered that EACH FLIPPIN' maltball is 10 FREAKIN CALORIES!!!


RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!


NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!



THIS STINKS!!



SIGH!!!


So, oh yes - I stopped that bad habit as well

(I wud do that EVERYTIME I cook)


and - very proud to say that SHOULD I desire a little something for an after meal dessert (and want chocolate)....

I stick to no more than 90 calories worth.





ALLRIGHTEE --- I am off to the OCT thread.


CYA!





T.T.F.N.
__________________
Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas
MY "GETTING SPOOKED @ WDW" - MNSSHP TRIP REPORT; Oct 28th -Nov 4th 2010(w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&referrerid=0
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND & SCOTLAND" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT - August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #336
Zim
Meow meow
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 658

My final number this morning put me at 3.2 pounds lost for September, so I made my goal, which was 3 pounds!

Now for the October goal of getting into the 160s!! I'm right at 171 now - October the month of Halloween candy, it's going to be tough!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #337
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,415

Eliza32, thank you so much for hostessing this month!

You look fabulous in your running picture! You've come a long way, baby, since the days of the gray shirt. Keep up the good work.

I would have a very hard time resisting the siren's call of the buttercream frosting, too, DisFam95. Especially with almond flavoring. But a little indulgence isn't the end of the world and will help you maintain your focus before your DL trip. You'll have to tell us more about it on the October thread.

Thanks for a great challenge and I'll see you all on the October thread.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #338
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Talking

Hi everybody!

So in a last minute surge for the month, and after a couple of big see-saw weeks, I managed to pull off a BIG loss and drop 6 pounds from last week! Now, it was on a different scale, so I'm not too sure how accurate it is, but in order to keep my head in a happy place, I'm sticking with it! October is looking good already. Hope to see you all there! Thanks Helen for hosting and to all our great coaches this past month.
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #339
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I'm certainly interested in a good n tasty tomato soup recipe!! Tomato is my fave, but DH hates it!

Just been looking at the 5K results from yesterday.....they've managed to catch me in the photos this week too...unfortunately (fluorescent spandex is soooo not a good look!!)

Anyway, here they are if you need a laugh........the one on the left is me 'in action', and the one on the right is of me in the funnel, getting my timing barcode sorted.
]
I think you look amazing and strong and happy!! I'll post the soup recipe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post

P.S. ELIZA32..... I MADE GOAL for end of month!! YYEEAAA!!! Will be PMing u shortly.
luv the pics.

T.T.F.N.
Congrats on making goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
So many good reports - no I feel really bad. Ok I would not sit down and eat a stick of butter but that's what I did! We'll not exactly. My sons birthday was this weekend and I made his cake Friday night. I make really goof buttercream and add a little almond extract. I had leftovers which I basically just ate many spoonfuls over the day.

It's still in the fridge and I'm going to toss it in the morning before I get tempted more.

My son snuck a bag of Mellowcreme pumpkins in the cart. It was my first bite of Halloween candy and it's not even October!!! I had a couple handfuls over the weekend - shame

Oh well I did skip on my diet cokes and do more water.

I'm going to be super focused the rest of the week because our DL trip is in 2 weeks!!!'
Nothing like frosting to make the willpower waver!! Dump salt on the bowl and put it in the trash!! You will be back on track before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
nibbling on what I thought was 4 "INNOCENT"
looking malt balls........

UNTIL -

just 2 days ago I discovered that EACH FLIPPIN' maltball is 10 FREAKIN CALORIES!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!

THIS STINKS!!

SIGH!!!

So, oh yes - I stopped that bad habit as well

(I wud do that EVERYTIME I cook)


and - very proud to say that SHOULD I desire a little something for an after meal dessert (and want chocolate)....

I stick to no more than 90 calories worth.

ALLRIGHTEE --- I am off to the OCT thread.

CYA!

T.T.F.N.
Good for you for checking the calorie and stopping yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
My final number this morning put me at 3.2 pounds lost for September, so I made my goal, which was 3 pounds!

Now for the October goal of getting into the 160s!! I'm right at 171 now - October the month of Halloween candy, it's going to be tough!
WOOHOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hi everybody!

So in a last minute surge for the month, and after a couple of big see-saw weeks, I managed to pull off a BIG loss and drop 6 pounds from last week! Now, it was on a different scale, so I'm not too sure how accurate it is, but in order to keep my head in a happy place, I'm sticking with it! October is looking good already. Hope to see you all there! Thanks Helen for hosting and to all our great coaches this past month.
WOW!! That is amazing!!

*********

At work on a lousy computer with just a few minutes to spare. Off to chat on the October thread!! ...............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.