Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #211
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi Everyone

I am back!

I've updated the colours in post #3 with all weights received up to and including 19th September. We welcome a couple of new WISHers to our challenge this week tmarshall14 and LJRJR. OhMum, I would be very grateful if you would take on coaching for the coming week.

Remember today is weigh-day. Finally I have seen some movement in the right direction, 2 off for me this week.......quite pleased with that after my junk eating holiday 2 weeks ago!!

Well it's day off for me today, so 1st load of washing is nearly done in the machine (gym gear that I need for my 5K tomorrow!), the hoover is ready to be thrown around the carpet (daren't do it too early in case I wake up the neighbours) and then I have shopping to do. It's FILs 80th Birthday tomorrow and we're throwing an 'english tea party' for him. Eldest son is coming over from Belgium and bringing drink, middle son is responsible for the savouries, and my OH, the youngest (which means me!) is responsible for dessert. We're having french fancies, bakewell tart, jam tarts, lemon curds, swiss roll, treacle tart, battenberg and scones with cream and jam. I guess you guys will need to google most of that!! It's all very traditional stuff over here.

Hope many of you have had a successful week on your weight-loss journey. Look forward to hearing from you all over the next couple of days.
Happy Friday friends! I am doing a quick check in now and will be back around lunch time.. I have had a loss! In the 5 (well really 4) shorts days I've been following the atkins plan starting from induction again I'm down 3.4 from last friday's weigh in (but 5.9 from this Monday's weigh in!! ) but only 1.5 down from the beginning of the month and half way to what I set as my goal this time around.. I have trouble lately with nighttime snacking and weekend in general - so we'll have to be careful .. Next week Zumba starts YAY can't wait only wish I had enough $$ to do both classes but 1 at this point is better then the none I have been doing!

I havent been posting much but I've read all post - Keep up the great work, one day at time and we'll all succeed!

Oh my those desserts sound very tasty indeed! TTFN

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #212
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

Down another 3.4 lbs this week. Total so far is 10.2 this month but the trouble is, I don't see where it's coming from. Sure would be nice to be 20-30 lbs down from now. But I'll take every positive step I get. I guess I'm just tired of being fat. Still have 30-35 lbs to lose. Then maybe the ballroom dancing will look prettier! ;-)

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #213
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I thought I would finish up my coaching gig this week with this recycled QOTD about the portions -- one of the most important things you can know about for this healthy living journey and a key to success.

Do you know what 300 calories looks like?

300 calories look drastically different when you're eating in instead of dining out. Choosing healthier, more nutritious foods--at home and away--means you can eat much more food and still lose weight.
Forgive me for being a little behind this week. I seem to have totally "lost" Thursday!

Since I started WW, I'm much more in tune with what s erving actually looks like, what calories look like and how I can "get more bang for my buck" calorie wise. Growing up, my mother always served us our salad after the meal (we kids think it was her way of tricking us into thinking that was dessert ). Now, I always make sure to make it big and eat it first. I've found it fills me up and I'm less likely to eat too much of the empty calories. Plus, now that I've become a total Italian food snob, by using a great imported olive oil as a dressing with just a tiny bit of kosher salt, I'm getting those healthy fats, which also helps fill me up, instead of using regular salad dressings that are made with who knows what.

And since I can't get enough of the picture-loving thing now, here's another one of my baby!

Kimberley

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #214
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi, everyone!

Congratulations to everyone on their great accomplishments - whether scale-based or not - this week! My NSV this week was DD9's birthday...I made the cake I always make for our family celebration (gave DH the bowls to lick to save myself ) and brought it to our dinner out. DD chose sushi, so I had an easy time eating light. And then I cut myself a piece of cake, logged the points, and was done with it. DH has been working down the cake leftovers since Tuesday night, but I've managed to stay away from it! I think my new-to-September rule of not eating after 9pm unless it's a special reason (we're out, etc.) has really helped. I tend to lose my power to make better choices the later it gets, so if I just say food is off the table (so to speak) after 9pm, I can't choose the things I know I shouldn't! That cake is reaaaallly good, too. If I do say so myself.

And it's paid off - I'm down 2.2 this week! This weekend is full of challenges...tonight I'm going out to dinner with a girlfriend at my favorite restaurant. Managing points veeerrry carefully today for that! Tomorrow is DDs birthday party - hello, American Girl! Luckily, they have some good choices on their menu, and they'll accommodate my requests to hold this, or put that on the side. That includes a cake, too, and of course I'll have cake with DD! One piece. One leeeetle piece.... Tomorrow night, I think DH and I are doing a movie date night! MIL is in town, and she usually shoos us out on Saturday nights when she comes to visit. We go to a movie theater here (Alamo - yay, we have one!) that has a full menu. As long as I don't slip into the pizzas, I should be okay. But it's just one thing after another this weekend!

On the exercise front, I ran 4 miles this morning and will do another run on Sunday afternoon. That should help offset some of the extra indulgences.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the awesome work!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #215
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Sounds like some good success so far this week! Good job everyone.

I'm down 1.2 this week. I had a lot of extra challenges and snacks but again rocked the exercise. Hope I can keep it up.

More challenges tonight w school pizza bingo fundraiser. Party tomorrow. And just life after that.

Focus focus and ill keep that journal going.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #216
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemooncat View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this! I did "know" this kind of information but to actually "see" the difference in making smart choices at home versus eating out really was surprising. Great visuals! I also shared with DH, who was similarly shocked. Great post! \

Also, congrats on turning lime green and an incredible weight loss of 6 pounds this week! That is awesome!!!
Thanks! It does help to really "see" how easy it is to make your meals look more appealing and be able to be satisfied with good food.

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I am back!

I've updated the colours in post #3 with all weights received up to and including 19th September. We welcome a couple of new WISHers to our challenge this week tmarshall14 and LJRJR. OhMum, I would be very grateful if you would take on coaching for the coming week.

Remember today is weigh-day. Finally I have seen some movement in the right direction, 2 off for me this week.......quite pleased with that after my junk eating holiday 2 weeks ago!!

Well it's day off for me today, so 1st load of washing is nearly done in the machine (gym gear that I need for my 5K tomorrow!), the hoover is ready to be thrown around the carpet (daren't do it too early in case I wake up the neighbours) and then I have shopping to do. It's FILs 80th Birthday tomorrow and we're throwing an 'english tea party' for him. Eldest son is coming over from Belgium and bringing drink, middle son is responsible for the savouries, and my OH, the youngest (which means me!) is responsible for dessert. We're having french fancies, bakewell tart, jam tarts, lemon curds, swiss roll, treacle tart, battenberg and scones with cream and jam. I guess you guys will need to google most of that!! It's all very traditional stuff over here.

Hope many of you have had a successful week on your weight-loss journey. Look forward to hearing from you all over the next couple of days.
Thanks so much for hostessing this month, Helen!

Have fun at the party and enjoy!

Quote:
Re. Lisa's QOTD........I'm lucky, my diet plan totally disregards calories!!!! We have certain foods which are 'free'. This means we can literally eat them in unlimited amounts!!! Pasta, rice and potatoes are included in this!!! I know it amazes you all, but at 66lbs gone, I guess I am some kind of proof that it works!!! It's some kind of food combining science, but I've no idea how it actually works!!!!
You are definitely a walking success story and living proof of the success of the Slimming World program! You have had a GREAT year this year for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Lisah welldone on reaching Lime green and thanks for coaching this week

Eliza-love the sound of your FIL birthday party (I am all too familiar with all those treats). Sounds delicious!

I'm delighted to say that I'm a loser this week
3lbs off which means I'm 2 lbs down since I started! . So pleased with myself (just goes to show what I can do when I stick with it)!!

Good luck at the scales everyone
for being a loser this week! Having success will help you to build on it next week, too.

Thanks for your kind words!

BRB smilie police are after me.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #217
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
ok.....I'm in!

Glad I found your thread. Been losing weight since late July as my weight loss journey starts a little over 1/2 way down on page 5 of my upcoming San Fran, Rose Bowl adventure that u will find in my below listed signature.

Glad to find my support group.
(overall, as of 09-19-13, I am at a 51 pound weight loss)

Some lifestyle change (I don't like saying the word "dieting"), humor -
When I first got started, I would weigh myself with the scale close to a wall. Well, the numbers kept on "going all over the place" so I had to use my hand to lean against the wall......IN ORDER TO SEE THE NUMBERS CLEARLY.
(I had to look at the scale sideways cuz my stomach 'got in the way')

OUCH!!!

Once I got to the point that I didn't have to do that anymore, I first saw that I was about 3 pounds heavier!! (the wall 'helped" me cheat & I didnt even know it) -

NOW, it is such a pleasure to step on that scale.

P.S.
Hey Eilza32, thanks for the heads up on British foods as I just learned a few days ago, the CORRECT way to have coffee w/cream (I am a foodie and am looking forward to seeing London for the very first time in August).

Getting caught up on this thread - I am reading now from page 1 -
T.T.F.N.
Thanks for joining us and a big on a great losing year so far! Great intro post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
A big to knewton!!

Lisa, 6 pounds is fantastic!! I know you are usually a slow loser like me, so that is just wonderful!

I know all of your treats, Helen, we have had many family vacations in the UK in self-catering places and one of our biggest joys was trying our way through all the different food offerings. My sister is very partial to Battenbergs, I would prefer the scones.

---

Very happy with my weigh in today, I lost over a pound last week, which is good for me. Now my first interim goal is less than two pounds away. Maybe I can even manage to get there until the end of the month. That would be fabulous!
Congratulations on your weigh in, Magdalene! You are doing great as you get closer and closer to your goal.

I am a slow loser for sure -- it's taken 31 weeks to get to 20 pounds but I'm okay with that because it's gone for good now. I'd had the mystery gain the week before so I was happy to get rid of that quickly. It's a journey, not a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
WOO-HOOO and WOWZA!!! Bravo! Congrats on the 6 pounds and on earning your 20 pound star! I am so proud of you!! !! .........P
Thanks so much, Pamela! And that big loss was on the scale I was convinced was bad luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Happy Friday friends! I am doing a quick check in now and will be back around lunch time.. I have had a loss! In the 5 (well really 4) shorts days I've been following the atkins plan starting from induction again I'm down 3.4 from last friday's weigh in (but 5.9 from this Monday's weigh in!! ) but only 1.5 down from the beginning of the month and half way to what I set as my goal this time around.. I have trouble lately with nighttime snacking and weekend in general - so we'll have to be careful .. Next week Zumba starts YAY can't wait only wish I had enough $$ to do both classes but 1 at this point is better then the none I have been doing!

I havent been posting much but I've read all post - Keep up the great work, one day at time and we'll all succeed!
Congrats on a loss and for getting off to a great start! And you are halfway to your goal already! Still a 1/3 of the month to get the rest of the way -- you can do it!

I think I need smilie intervention again . . .
Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #218
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
Down another 3.4 lbs this week. Total so far is 10.2 this month but the trouble is, I don't see where it's coming from. Sure would be nice to be 20-30 lbs down from now. But I'll take every positive step I get. I guess I'm just tired of being fat. Still have 30-35 lbs to lose. Then maybe the ballroom dancing will look prettier! ;-)
Wowza! Great loss! Ten pounds gone already this month! Do spend a little time and enjoy your success, too, and don't worry so much about what is left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Forgive me for being a little behind this week. I seem to have totally "lost" Thursday!

Since I started WW, I'm much more in tune with what s erving actually looks like, what calories look like and how I can "get more bang for my buck" calorie wise. Growing up, my mother always served us our salad after the meal (we kids think it was her way of tricking us into thinking that was dessert ). Now, I always make sure to make it big and eat it first. I've found it fills me up and I'm less likely to eat too much of the empty calories. Plus, now that I've become a total Italian food snob, by using a great imported olive oil as a dressing with just a tiny bit of kosher salt, I'm getting those healthy fats, which also helps fill me up, instead of using regular salad dressings that are made with who knows what.

And since I can't get enough of the picture-loving thing now, here's another one of my baby!

Kimberley
Bless her sweet little doggie heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi, everyone!

Congratulations to everyone on their great accomplishments - whether scale-based or not - this week! My NSV this week was DD9's birthday...I made the cake I always make for our family celebration (gave DH the bowls to lick to save myself ) and brought it to our dinner out. DD chose sushi, so I had an easy time eating light. And then I cut myself a piece of cake, logged the points, and was done with it. DH has been working down the cake leftovers since Tuesday night, but I've managed to stay away from it! I think my new-to-September rule of not eating after 9pm unless it's a special reason (we're out, etc.) has really helped. I tend to lose my power to make better choices the later it gets, so if I just say food is off the table (so to speak) after 9pm, I can't choose the things I know I shouldn't! That cake is reaaaallly good, too. If I do say so myself.

And it's paid off - I'm down 2.2 this week! This weekend is full of challenges...tonight I'm going out to dinner with a girlfriend at my favorite restaurant. Managing points veeerrry carefully today for that! Tomorrow is DDs birthday party - hello, American Girl! Luckily, they have some good choices on their menu, and they'll accommodate my requests to hold this, or put that on the side. That includes a cake, too, and of course I'll have cake with DD! One piece. One leeeetle piece.... Tomorrow night, I think DH and I are doing a movie date night! MIL is in town, and she usually shoos us out on Saturday nights when she comes to visit. We go to a movie theater here (Alamo - yay, we have one!) that has a full menu. As long as I don't slip into the pizzas, I should be okay. But it's just one thing after another this weekend!

On the exercise front, I ran 4 miles this morning and will do another run on Sunday afternoon. That should help offset some of the extra indulgences.

XO
Liz
Great week, Liz! It sounds like you enjoyed every bite of that delicious cake and that's the way it should be. Lots of challenges coming up for you but I know you will have another successful week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post

I'm down 1.2 this week. I had a lot of extra challenges and snacks but again rocked the exercise. Hope I can keep it up.

More challenges tonight w school pizza bingo fundraiser. Party tomorrow. And just life after that.

Way to stay focused and use that journal to be successful! You can do it!

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #219
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I am back!

That tea sounds delightful! I am familiar with a swiss roll and a treacle tart and scones.... but the rest?? Are lemon curds an actual pastry or do you just serve straight up lemon curds?? Love lemon anything!

WOOOHOO and congrats on your loss this week!

Quote:
Re. Lisa's QOTD........I'm lucky, my diet plan totally disregards calories!!!! We have certain foods which are 'free'. This means we can literally eat them in unlimited amounts!!! Pasta, rice and potatoes are included in this!!! I know it amazes you all, but at 66lbs gone, I guess I am some kind of proof that it works!!! It's some kind of food combining science, but I've no idea how it actually works!!!!

You are right.... you are proof that it can work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I'm delighted to say that I'm a loser this week
3lbs off which means I'm 2 lbs down since I started! . So pleased with myself (just goes to show what I can do when I stick with it)!!

Good luck at the scales everyone
Celebrating your loss this week with a dancing trio... one dancer for each pound you lost!! WTG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
ok.....I'm in!

Glad I found your thread. Been losing weight since late July as my weight loss journey starts a little over 1/2 way down on page 5 of my upcoming San Fran, Rose Bowl adventure that u will find in my below listed signature.

Glad to find my support group.
(overall, as of 09-19-13, I am at a 51 pound weight loss)

Some lifestyle change (I don't like saying the word "dieting"), humor -
When I first got started, I would weigh myself with the scale close to a wall. Well, the numbers kept on "going all over the place" so I had to use my hand to lean against the wall......IN ORDER TO SEE THE NUMBERS CLEARLY.
(I had to look at the scale sideways cuz my stomach 'got in the way')

OUCH!!!

Once I got to the point that I didn't have to do that anymore, I first saw that I was about 3 pounds heavier!! (the wall 'helped" me cheat & I didnt even know it) -

NOW, it is such a pleasure to step on that scale.

Getting caught up on this thread - I am reading now from page 1 -
T.T.F.N.
HUGE WELCOME and congrats on your loss so far!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post

Oh my those desserts sound very tasty indeed! TTFN
Congrats on the loss so far! If you would like any Atkins recipes or suggestions, let me know. DH is on his second go around with Atkins (this time since early 2011). I don't find it tolerable myself and stick with WW, but it works for him and so I have developed a rather impresive collection of dessert recipes to keep him from having too many cravings for junk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
Are you kidding?? 10.2 is FABULOUS! Most of us would give a small fortunate to lose that much in a month! Don't be hard on yourself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

Was your Mom French? The French generally serve the salad last. I don't care for that way either. Nice job getting the healthy oils. I need to get past my pananoia of oils!

Kimberley
Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi, everyone!

XO
Liz
You are doing GREAT and fitting the healthy eating into real life!! And how wonderful that you can see the changes it is making on the scale!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post

Great loss!! Keep going!!

PHEW... finally caught up!!!

Off for my lunch time with the 1st graders! TTYL..........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #220
sugarnspicex4
Mouseketeer

After a pretty depressing week, the scale was very kind to me today! I am down 5.0 lbs. for the month, which means I'm going to be WISH green!

What happened this week? Our pet rabbit passed away on the morning of my dd's 9th birthday. Rotten timing, right? He was pretty elderly by rabbit standards and had been suffering from a number of ailments. I had already spent a bundle on a vet visit and several medications three months ago. It was a sad day in our house, but we're healing. Also rotten is the fact that I had to deplete our vacation fund in order to pay off credit card bills (I never carry a balance). Lots of expenses have been piling up lately. I still have the plan for a WDW trip next July but I'm going to have to get creative to make it work.

sugarnspicex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #221
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hey stranger!! Hope all is well at your house(s) this fall! So happy to hear that the weight loss journey is going well for you!! How is DS enjoying Senior year?? Presume he is running this fall?? Leg is all better? Don't be a stranger here!!
This are going well, other than the whole house fighting a cold.
DS is loving senior year, especially with double study hall A and B channel. He only has one day a week that he needs to be at school all day. He is running, all of them are. The leg is ok, it still sore sometimes but he's powering through.
We have a big meet in RI next Saturday and that will be a true test of where he stands. He is running Varsity in that race because he finished top 7 for the team Tuesday.
How is DD doing in college? Does she love it? Did she get a good roommate?
How is DS doing without his big sis around?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #222
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspicex4 View Post
After a pretty depressing week, the scale was very kind to me today! I am down 5.0 lbs. for the month, which means I'm going to be WISH green!

What happened this week? Our pet rabbit passed away on the morning of my dd's 9th birthday. Rotten timing, right? He was pretty elderly by rabbit standards and had been suffering from a number of ailments. I had already spent a bundle on a vet visit and several medications three months ago. It was a sad day in our house, but we're healing. Also rotten is the fact that I had to deplete our vacation fund in order to pay off credit card bills (I never carry a balance). Lots of expenses have been piling up lately. I still have the plan for a WDW trip next July but I'm going to have to get creative to make it work.
I'm so sorry about your bunny. DD must have been so devastated. We lost our two guinea pigs just a month apart a few years ago and DD and I were so sad. And we too, had gone to a few slightly extreme expenses with one of them, going to a special small animal surgeon an hour away when she needed "girlie" surgery.... and of course, she wasn't the one to die first. But I think she died of a broken heart when her BFF died.

And I can totally relate about the vacation fund. I did some "robbing Peter to pay Paul" this summer in an effort to NOT dip into my fund, but I had to anyhow (darn college expenses!). DS and I are going to Orlando in November (NOT Disney ) and I was hoping to have enough set aside to pop into a park for a day, but it won't be happening now. I'll have to be content with an evening spent at DTD and maybe a monorail ride.... so close, but yet so far!!

Keep plugging....you can make the vacation happen, you have enough time for some creative financing. How about selling unused things on an online yard sale? I recently joined two on FB and sold my first item this week... $15 toward the vacation fund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
This are going well, other than the whole house fighting a cold.
DS is loving senior year, especially with double study hall A and B channel. He only has one day a week that he needs to be at school all day. He is running, all of them are. The leg is ok, it still sore sometimes but he's powering through.
We have a big meet in RI next Saturday and that will be a true test of where he stands. He is running Varsity in that race because he finished top 7 for the team Tuesday.
How is DD doing in college? Does she love it? Did she get a good roommate?
How is DS doing without his big sis around?
She is doing great. No roommate.... lucked into a forced single (which means no extra expense for it), but I'm afraid it is going to spoil her. She is in a beautiful dorm (Honors Program housing ) on the third floor with a spectacular view of Mount Hope Bay and the Mount Hope bridge! So lucky! She said she drawers her shade up every morning to enjoy her view... what a way to start the day!

DS is doing GREAT without Sis. He keeps talking about how quiet and calm life is now!! It is true though. Without all of the mad dashing around for swim, plus all of the non-stop chatter (and some bickering, of course) between she and I, things are definitely QUIET at our house now. I miss her SO MUCH!

Where is DS running in RI?.... remember, my DD is in Bristol!! WTG on the top 7 finish for DS!

Praying for renewed health for you all! Lots of icky runny noses and coughs here at my school.... ICK!

Okay folks... I'm caught up and then some! Off to text my DD while my kids are at Special!............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #223
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
She is doing great. No roommate.... lucked into a forced single (which means no extra expense for it), but I'm afraid it is going to spoil her. She is in a beautiful dorm (Honors Program housing ) on the third floor with a spectacular view of Mount Hope Bay and the Mount Hope bridge! So lucky! She said she drawers her shade up every morning to enjoy her view... what a way to start the day!

DS is doing GREAT without Sis. He keeps talking about how quiet and calm life is now!! It is true though. Without all of the mad dashing around for swim, plus all of the non-stop chatter (and some bickering, of course) between she and I, things are definitely QUIET at our house now. I miss her SO MUCH!

Where is DS running in RI?.... remember, my DD is in Bristol!! WTG on the top 7 finish for DS!

Praying for renewed health for you all! Lots of icky runny noses and coughs here at my school.... ICK!

Okay folks... I'm caught up and then some! Off to text my DD while my kids are at Special!............P

Goddard Park on Ives Rd in Warwick

** 10:55am Race 5 Varsity – 2 Boys
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #224
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

I'm happy to coach starting tomorrow right? It's been a long time passed since i coached so bear with me!!

Wow there was a lot of losing going on here!!!! sadly I'm back where I started at beginning of the month ...

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #225
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to some motivation to get me through to the end of the month!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: