Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #181
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Lisa --thanks for the kind words and CONGRATS on the jeans fitting! That's awesome!!!

Plutobaby I'm really sorry the dis team response was curt...did you know there is a technical forum to ask for help too?

QOTD- you guys already know ...packing up jeans and getting out the next size

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........

Last edited by ohMom; 09-19-2013 at 10:25 AM.
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #182
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

QOTD Wednesday, September 18, 2013: It's woo hoo Wednesday -- share your woo hoo moment from the week, big or small!
My woohoo Wednesday is 4 things!

First off, I have 30 seconds of free time to come back to my peeps. I've been reading when I can but things have been nuts here. More on that later.

Second, last week I slipped on this fabulous burnt orange jacket that I've had for 5 years and have never been able to wear before. And I get compliments every time I wear it!

Third, last week at open house for school, lots of people noticed my weight loss. YAY!

Fourth, I am 1.6 pounds away from the 160's!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #183
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

My woohoo moment is taking the kids to Cici's pizza (buffet) and not eating anything myself!! I got home after all the kids events and fixed myself a healthy dinner.

Still a bit frustrated as not seeing and mvmt on the scale. I'm still so darn bad about snacks. A pinch of this a handful of that. E specially late afternoon.

Got my food journal sitting out on the countertop prepared to jot down every bite today.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #184
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

My Whoo hoo this week is so far so good sticking back to my atkins plan.. I was hungry last night and soo badly wanted to eat the rest of the tortilla chips in the kitchen but I made myself stay on the couch and just tough it out.. (it was horrid but I did it) I might have to throw the rest of the bag away - it's just sooo tempting! (ps I have already seen the scale moving downwards!)

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #185
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

My woohoo moment was yet another PB for my 5K on Saturday morning (36:04)..I've knocked a little over 4 minutes off since I started 8 weeks ago!!!!

Been crazy busy this week, hence no colour update yet, but thanks to all of you that have sent in your weights, they are on the spreadsheet, just need to change the colours on here. Didn't get home last night until 9:45, although did manage to fit in 5.5K on the treadmill and 3K on the bike at the gym between leaving work and chairing my union meeting!!

PlutoBaby, which hotel did you stay in in Sorrento??? We stayed at the Carlton International near Tasso Square, it was lovely. My mum has splashed out a couple of times and stayed at the Capo di Monte, but it's out of my league!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #186
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Hump day everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting regularly. Been lucky enough to be working a bit more. If I am home tomorrow I will come and chat. Gotta go finish dinner so we are ready to watch the Survivor premiere at 8pm!! TTYL.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #187
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I have not disappeared off the face of the earth.

THANK GOODNESS!!

But it has been an interesting month or so.

First--Jill--That is an amazing time for a 5k! Congrats to you.

I have given up on September. I know there are still two weeks left, but I also know I am going to stress eat my way through those two weeks. Just being real.

I am going to work very hard to get in my exercise and to eat some healthy food each day. That's the best I can do right now.

We move Friday and Saturday into an apartment and the closing on our house is the 24th. It has all been very emotional, but it's going to be ok.

We still don't have a long range plan--actually not sure what we are going to do. We leased an apartment for 6 mos. So that will give us some time to take a breath and regroup.

I ran 8 miles today, so that's good. And it wasn't too painful. I have also kept up with my mile a day for the year.

Really looking forward to W&D in November.

I plan to hit it hard in October--training and food choices.

I have done this before, and I can do it again.
Been thinking a lot about you. Should have sent a PM to let you know that. Glad you are doing well and that the move is going well. And I so excited to hear you are keeping up with your mile a day!! Wine and Dine is definitely something to be looking forward to with anticipation! Miss seeing you here more, but I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hope everybody had a great weekend. I was actually pretty good both with food and the exercise. I hate those days though where I have no energy and don't feel like doing anything. Those usually end up being my "snack on everything in sight" days. That being said, I could have been a LOT worse, but made a conscious effort to keep things in check. Of course, throwing in a 2 hour nap in the middle of Sunday afternoon helped too! Here's to kicking the scale's butt this week for all of us.
I hate those "wanna eat anything not nailed down" kind of days too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
QOTD Monday, September 16, 2013: Share your favorite motivational quote or mantra or any other words that motivate you.

BRB with replies and my answer.
Had to pull out the little packet of quotes that DD made for me to take to WW. My favorite two are.....

"What can you do today to bring yourself one step closer to your goal??"

and

"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStars9 View Post
I know that I don't post alot, but I'm alway following along. Congrats to all who had success last week with your weigh in. I did not have any success last week so I will keep strong and not let it get me down. My manager at work usually sends out her "Monday Mantra", and it was just what I needed. I thought I'd share it. Here it is.

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?” Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz. She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.”
She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.”
It’s important to remember to let go of our stresses. As early in the evening as we can, put all our burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down
Very nicely! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for being here with us, even if you don't chat much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am not at all good with quotes, so I will just enjoy what everyone else posts on today's QOTD!

That's just fine!!

I think I am more motivated by the posts I can find here and the chatter. I haven been struggling with weight for so long, but over the last few years it has been a lot of losing and regaining the same 8 pounds over and over again. And I realised today that over the course of the last 12 months I managed to keep focussed on eating healthy for a very long time. Some was with setbacks, especially December last year was really really bad. But I also realised that one year ago was the first time I became active in a Biggest Loser thread. I think I signed up before, but never participated. Then last fall I decided to come out and chat more. And then starting with the new format in January I really did chat much more than before. I am sure that this is something that kept me going, it is the reason why this year I had really bad weeks, not months at a time. My bad months have mainly been maintains and since December was so bad, I started out the new year at nearly the same weight as my September 2012 weight. So I can say that I have lost 15 pounds this year. Which I am very content with and I know I would not have been able to do this without the support of all of you!

I am starting to feel very confident that this time I will finally really make it down to my dream weight! But I do have interim goals. Fortunately the scale is moving again, I saw another low number today. Only half a pound and I will below the lowest weight I ever had since I started Weight Watchers for the first time in 2005!
Thanks for sharing all of that with us. And THANKS for never giving up!! It helps us all to know that we aren't alone in this and that we ALL experience highs, lows, and setbacks.... but what is most important is that we NEVER, EVER give up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I'm not good with motivational quotes either, but am enjoying seeing what others post. I believe that joining in with these forums since January has really kept up my motivation, along with attending slimming class every week with a bunch of like minded people.

I definitely attribute a big part of my weight loss and maintenance success on having such a GREAT GROUP here to chat with, whenever I need!!

Being on here with you guys has given me motivation in so many different ways...looking back to January, running wasn't even on my agenda, but now, mostly due to all of your posts about it, I've not only given it a go, but have managed to knock over 4 minutes off my 5K personal best in 10 weeks!! The weather here is terrible at the moment...cold, raining and high winds, so I'm going to the gym tomorrow night to make sure I get a good workout.

I've been for weigh-in tonight...only half a pound off this week officially, but at least it was off not on! Keep up the good work everyone, and keep your eye on the end goal..it might be a long and winding path to get there, but if you focus you really can do it.

Remember.......getting to any goal can be a marathon, it doesn't have to be a sprint.
Don't stress about losing "just" a half pound. You've been doing so well! And like you said, at least it was OFF and not ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall14 View Post
Is it too late for me to join? I'm new to all this!
NEVER too late! Welcome aboard! Not sure if you've had a chance to read page one, but please do so and then let the chatter commence! Glad to have you with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi everyone! Catching back up after quite a weekend...QOTDs first:

1) Superstitions...I was famous at my old WW meeting for wearing the *same* *darn* *dress* every single week to weigh in. I was somehow convinced that wearing anything else to weigh in would through throw the whole thing off. My little touch of OCD didn't help matters any!

Been there, done that!!

2) Secrets to success - I always, always do better when I write down everything I eat. My last WW leader had a whole list of sayings - If you bite it, write it. Before you pick up a utensil, pick up a pencil. Etc, etc. Whenever I get off track, the first thing I do to put it back together is start tracking every nibble.

I've got BOTH of those written inside my food journal!!

3) Motivational quotes - I don't so much have full quotes as I do short little mantras for while I'm running. There are two: "Suck it up, buttercup" and "Allons-y!" Anyone who loves the tenth doctor as much as I do knows that second one. It's French for "let's go!" and it's even engraved on my RoadID.

Speaking of running...oh, you guys. That race on Saturday was baaaad. I mean, I finished, and I'm so glad, but it was a poorly organized race and ended up being my worst time to date. I can blame external factors to a point, but I also learned good lessons about doing extra research and prep for races that are new.

The traffic getting to the race was terrible. I left twice the time I'd need to get to the start line an hour early, and I was still sitting in traffic when the roads were supposed to be closing. The race started 90 minutes late (!!!), so my pre-race food and water were a moot point by the time we started running.

The organizers misstated the elevation gain for the race - they said 266 feet, but it was more like 800 feet. A much, much hillier race than advertised! And they forgot to note that a lot of the race was on dirt roads...rocks, dust, not anything I'd trained for, and the uneven terrain caused a lot of runners to trip.

DH and DDs came to cheer me on - they saw me off at the start and were at the finish line when I finally staggered across. I made sure to run across the finish line to show DDs a strong mommy but I was really feeling it by then. I posted my slowest time for a half (2:33), but all in all, I'm proud of myself for not quitting when I felt like that's all I wanted to do, and I have some good experience under my belt for future races. That which does not kill us, right? The next one is less than four weeks away - my cousin is running it, too, and my mom will get to see me race for the first time! I want to stay good and strong for that one.

In other news, DD the Older turns 9 today! My sweet, beautiful girl is growing up so fast. Today is my on-campus commuting day, and I hate that I had to leave before she was up, but I'm going to call her before they leave for the bus stop. I made her mommy cake last night (what we call the homemade cake - she gets a party cake at American Girl this weekend, save me now!!), and that's coming with us out to dinner tonight. Birthday girl's choice, and we're going to our favorite local sushi restaurant! That and a light lunch mean Mommy will enjoy a nice piece of cake without going over points today.

And not to end on a down note, but I'd be remiss not to acknowledge the sadness here in DC today...a friend's husband works at the Navy Yard and was running late yesterday. He got there after they'd shut the place down, and he went back home to his wife and their two little boys. My heart is aching for those families who weren't able to have those reunions yesterday.

Lots of love to all - I'm calling this a count-my-blessings Tuesday.

XOXO
Liz
Sorry that the run wasn't what it should have been. Obviously the organizers were inexperienced. Glad your friend's DH was safe and sound. What a terrible thing that was. And Happy Birthday to your DD! Cherish these years.... she will be 18 and gone before you can blink!

Okay.... I said I didn't have time tonight, but DH is running late, so I'm keeping the dinner warm on the grill and had a few extra minutes to try to catch up! Off to flip my veggie burgers before they dry out! ............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #188
tmarshall14
Earning My Ears

I am not able to send PMs yet.. Haven't posted enough so my mom (ohmom) is going to PM my info to get started! I am super excited and will try to catch up on the chatter
Have a question though- I am on MFP and use the app on my phone- can I add everyone that's listed on the second post? I can't find a way to add a friend by user name, only by Facebook, my phone contacts, and invite through email.
tmarshall14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #189
Zim
Meow meow

Quote:
I am not able to send PMs yet.. Haven't posted enough so my mom (ohmom) is going to PM my info to get started! I am super excited and will try to catch up on the chatter
Have a question though- I am on MFP and use the app on my phone- can I add everyone that's listed on the second post? I can't find a way to add a friend by user name, only by Facebook, my phone contacts, and invite through email.
Yes you can absolutely add all those MPFs (including mine!) they're a great group of people and very active on the site with lots of positive energy!

My woohoo moment was my walk / run. I do a 4 mile loop in an hour with a combo of walking fast and running. I've slowly added more run songs and removed slower songs. Today I removed the slowest song I was using to climb up the steep hill by the lake runoff because I.can jog it to a faster song now. And the next slowest really tripped me up today and now that's off too and I've added another running song. Really feeling some strength on my legs now and almost feel capable of running the whole thing, even the hills - really great feeling!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #190
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Tmarshall: Welcome to our group!!

Rose and Buffy: great to see you posting again! I was thinking of both of you recently and am glad to see you here! Hope life is going to be less stressful for both of you soon!

QOTD:

My Woohoo moment was that I was able to use the last hole on my belt.

Also, my weight this week kept creeping down 100g a day, so today I arrived at 71kg. Which is the lowest weight I ever tracked in my WW history (when I signed up again earlier this year it still had all my old data). I hope that tomorrow's weigh in will be good! And for me a one pound loss is already spectacular!

I am starting to wonder whether the body goes through seasons with regard to weight loss. I noticed that in the past I was always good at losing weight through the fall, mid winter and late spring. September and October have in the past often been the months where I lost a lot of weight fairly quickly. Interesting thought. Maybe there is something about how the different seasons change my metabolism?
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #191
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
QOTD- you guys already know ...packing up jeans and getting out the next size :woohoo;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
My woohoo Wednesday is 4 things!

First off, I have 30 seconds of free time to come back to my peeps. I've been reading when I can but things have been nuts here. More on that later.

Second, last week I slipped on this fabulous burnt orange jacket that I've had for 5 years and have never been able to wear before. And I get compliments every time I wear it!

Third, last week at open house for school, lots of people noticed my weight loss. YAY!

Fourth, I am 1.6 pounds away from the 160's!!!
for four great woo hoos, Buffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
My woohoo moment is taking the kids to Cici's pizza (buffet) and not eating anything myself!! I got home after all the kids events and fixed myself a healthy dinner.

Still a bit frustrated as not seeing and mvmt on the scale. I'm still so darn bad about snacks. A pinch of this a handful of that. E specially late afternoon.

Got my food journal sitting out on the countertop prepared to jot down every bite today.
on some awesome willpower! Your journaling idea is a great one to see if those bites, licks, tastes and nibbles are derailing your hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
My Whoo hoo this week is so far so good sticking back to my atkins plan.. I was hungry last night and soo badly wanted to eat the rest of the tortilla chips in the kitchen but I made myself stay on the couch and just tough it out.. (it was horrid but I did it) I might have to throw the rest of the bag away - it's just sooo tempting! (ps I have already seen the scale moving downwards!)
for sticking with the plan even when you are hungry! Hope you see a good number on the scale tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
My woohoo moment was yet another PB for my 5K on Saturday morning (36:04)..I've knocked a little over 4 minutes off since I started 8 weeks ago!!!
congratulations on another PB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Hump day everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting regularly. Been lucky enough to be working a bit more. If I am home tomorrow I will come and chat. Gotta go finish dinner so we are ready to watch the Survivor premiere at 8pm!! TTYL.................P
for more work and hopefully funds for Disney travel.

Quote:
I know you can add all those folks on MFP but you may need to do it from a computer. I looked at my phone last night and it has the same options that yours does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Yes you can absolutely add all those MPFs (including mine!) they're a great group of people and very active on the site with lots of positive energy!

My woohoo moment was my walk / run. I do a 4 mile loop in an hour with a combo of walking fast and running. I've slowly added more run songs and removed slower songs. Today I removed the slowest song I was using to climb up the steep hill by the lake runoff because I.can jog it to a faster song now. And the next slowest really tripped me up today and now that's off too and I've added another running song. Really feeling some strength on my legs now and almost feel capable of running the whole thing, even the hills - really great feeling!
for great improvement on your 4 mile loop!

Quote:
QOTD: My Woohoo moment was that I was able to use the last hole on my belt.

Also, my weight this week kept creeping down 100g a day, so today I arrived at 71kg. Which is the lowest weight I ever tracked in my WW history (when I signed up again earlier this year it still had all my old data). I hope that tomorrow's weigh in will be good! And for me a one pound loss is already spectacular!

I am starting to wonder whether the body goes through seasons with regard to weight loss. I noticed that in the past I was always good at losing weight through the fall, mid winter and late spring. September and October have in the past often been the months where I lost a lot of weight fairly quickly. Interesting thought. Maybe there is something about how the different seasons change my metabolism?
on the last belt hole! Time to start looking for a new belt!

I think your point about weight loss seasons is a good one. I have really good luck in the fall and I am making sure to make hay while the sun shines.

BRB with the QOTD.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #192
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

I thought I would finish up my coaching gig this week with this recycled QOTD about the portions -- one of the most important things you can know about for this healthy living journey and a key to success.

Do you know what 300 calories looks like?

300 calories look drastically different when you're eating in instead of dining out. Choosing healthier, more nutritious foods--at home and away--means you can eat much more food and still lose weight.

Breakfast: 300-Calorie Meals & Portions
Here are three morning meals that each weigh in at 300 calories. Healthy and quick homemade meals pack whole grains, fresh fruit, and protein--a filling combination that will keep you fuller longer. You could only eat a fraction of the comparable restaurant meals (right column) for the same number of calories. Get more healthy breakfast ideas here.

And what about lunch for 350 calories?

Or dinner for 400 calories?

These images are courtesy of a sparkpeople.com article. Here is a link if you would like to see the entire article, including more pictures of 350 and 400 calorie meals. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1260

Which leads me to the QOTD for Thursday, September 19, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #193
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone-I've not been posting much but I have been trying to keep up I'm still on track this week and loving all the woohoo moments-think mine is still in my future!
So relieved to have gotten this far this week and feeling hopeful for tomorrows weigh-in

QOTD HAVE TO SAY VISUALLY THE HOME-COOKED MEALS ARE SO MUCH MORE APPEALING!!

The waffles and berries one surprised me the most-I had no idea that the restaurant version was so calorific
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #194
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

luvpoohandcompany, thanks for mentioning the Hairy Dieters! I ordered their cookbook (was quite affordable on Amazon) and got it yesterday. Found a lot of interesting recipes that I want to try out!

QOTD:
When I got into tracking calories, the thing that surprised me the most was how lean meat gives you a lot of food for relatively few calories. I guess this is why low carb diets work so well.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #195
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
luvpoohandcompany, thanks for mentioning the Hairy Dieters! I ordered their cookbook (was quite affordable on Amazon) and got it yesterday. Found a lot of interesting recipes that I want to try out!

QOTD:
When I got into tracking calories, the thing that surprised me the most was how lean meat gives you a lot of food for relatively few calories. I guess this is why low carb diets work so well.
Its a great book isn't it I love their sweet and sour chicken and the korma for the weekends. They taste so much better than takeout and yet fill that need for me to feel like I'm having a treat
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: