Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Wow, you guys were really packing in the miles back and forth between parks. Great use of Fastpasses too.

Jess, that meal at Seasons is totally necessary. Especially that awesome shortcake. So good.

Oh God, seeing all these photos really makes me want to be back for Christmas.

That is a great Illuminations spot. I think that's where they'll be doing the Fastpass+ as well. And I totally forgot about the Holiday add on. I must see it again!

I do love early morning at the resorts. Of course I've only done it once, but still.

That's so nice to hear about the CM giving the free pass. I just love hearing things like that.

Great Safari to be followed up but one of my true loves (meaning that certain mountain you spoke of).
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
JessM
We all have a dream

A Morning of Thrills!

A Morning of Thrills!

After our ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris we headed over to the Pagini Trail. I like to hit this first thing in the morning so we don’t have to come back to Africa later in the day.

I just love the fish tank with the hippos!

We didn’t see any meerkats so I didn’t bother to take any pictures at their enclosure.

However, the Gorillas were quite active this morning

Well except for this guy, he looked sleepy.

Something was going on with the Gorillas on the part of the trail where the rope bridge is. Maybe they were just chatting, but the atmosphere seemed a little tense between them.

Next we headed towards Asia.
It was YETI TIME!

We grabbed a fp for later and then jumped in the still short standby line. I love to go thru this quene completely anyways so I didn’t mind the wait!

So excited!

I love all the colors and details for this ride. Spencer hadn’t been on this yet and I was excited to show him one of my other favorite rides in Disney.

Verdict?

He LOVED it. He was glad I had made him grab a fp for later. He was beginning to understand the method to my madness haha.

Next we headed over to DINOSAUR.

This ride completely terrifies me but I still find a need to go on it every trip. The pre-show is my favorite part, I actually hate how when its not busy they will let you in the pre-show room while the film is already half over…

Professor Skeeter just cracks me up “Flash pictures *snap* I wouldn’t, that alters the homing signal and that’s not good” makes me laugh every time!

Our Redneck Ride Photo, I’m cowering and Spencer looks confused, typical. Everyone else? Looks completely unimpressed.

After our narrow escape from the impending meteor shower we wanted through Dinoland. I wanted to do primeval whirl but Spencer thought it might make him sick so we passed on it.

Spencer did find his new whip though. I pulled Spencer away from his dream car and we headed back towards Everest, our fps were almost ready!
We got sidetracked on our way to the Himalayas by the Finding Nemo show that was about to start, the CM out front said there were still a ton of good seats left so we ducked in to see the show!

I actually had never seen the Finding Nemo show so it was on our list for later on in the day, I have to say I was really impressed. The show was a bit too long in my opinion but I actually really enjoyed the music. While it was a little weird, being about to see the actors operating the puppets was great, they all really got into it!

The puppets themselves were very impressive and I loved all the bright colors. Bright, shiny things get me every time!

We had gotten pretty good seats for 5 mins before the show started!

I love the way they did Nigel? I think that’s his name.

Can’t go wrong with bubbles.

Spencer really enjoyed the show too. The entire trip I was worried that he would be bored or not “get” my love of Disney. I was genuinely surprised and thrilled that after almost every ride or show he would say “that was really cool.” I just couldn’t believe it and I was so happy about it! From SM to Nemo to Pooh he loved it all. He even enjoyed the Hall of Presidents, ahhhhh I was SO happy! To me that meant I’d definitely get him back their someday! He’s my favorite travel partner so I wanted him to enjoy it at least close to as much as I did.

Anyways, I’m blabbing, back to the trip!

We ran over to Everest after the show to use our FPs! The line was only 20min but hey 20mins is 20mins!

It was such a beautiful day!

We grabbed another set of FPs for later, you can never ride Everest enough right?

Next we had some cuddly friends to see!

Well he may not be cuddly, but he was pretty cool!

It was Marharajah Jungle Trek Time!

Unfortunately, all the Tigers were laying where you couldn’t really see them today.

We did have a great time looking around in the bird enclosure, my Mom isn’t a big bird fan so we normally breeze straight through here but it was great to stop and really look around for awhile!

After our trek through the Jungle I believe we stopped for lunch at Yak and Yeti. We both had the sweet and sour chicken, it was pretty good but man was there a lot of it. Spencer eats a ton so its hard for us to split meals but we definitely didn’t need that much food.

By the time we finished lunch it was Yeti time… AGAIN!

Stay Tuned!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Wow, you guys were really packing in the miles back and forth between parks. Great use of Fastpasses too.

Jess, that meal at Seasons is totally necessary. Especially that awesome shortcake. So good.

Oh God, seeing all these photos really makes me want to be back for Christmas.

That is a great Illuminations spot. I think that's where they'll be doing the Fastpass+ as well. And I totally forgot about the Holiday add on. I must see it again!

I do love early morning at the resorts. Of course I've only done it once, but still.

That's so nice to hear about the CM giving the free pass. I just love hearing things like that.

Great Safari to be followed up but one of my true loves (meaning that certain mountain you spoke of).
Thank god for those Friendship Boats or we never would have made it!

I'm already dreaming of that strawberry shortcake and those Christmas decorations, I'm less than 3 months out now!

It was so nice of the CM to give them that free pass, disney was so accommodating thorough the whole thing with my Aunt and it definitely convinced her and my uncle to go again as soon as they get the chance.

Love that Mountain ; )

I love the early mornings too but I don't think I'll be able to get Spencer up that early too many times this next trip!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #19
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I swear those gorillas just fascinate me. I feel like I could watch them all day.

Everest. That is all.

Ha, nice Dino photo!!!

You know you're right. The Nemo show is really long. Really good and impressive, but really long.

Wow, great morning. You two got a lot done.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
I swear those gorillas just fascinate me. I feel like I could watch them all day.

Everest. That is all.

Ha, nice Dino photo!!!

You know you're right. The Nemo show is really long. Really good and impressive, but really long.

Wow, great morning. You two got a lot done.
Thanks, we weren't full on commando but we both walk along at a pretty good clip and we had a lot we were really excited to see!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #21
JessM
We all have a dream

Rounding Out Our Time at the Animal Kingdom!

Rounding Out Our Time at the Animal Kingdom!

So I left off we were heading over to tackle Everest one last time.

We survived… AGAIN!

Afterwards we stopped for a picture in front of our favorite mountain

I honestly can’t imagine the AK now without that ride, its just so perfect. The theming and the ride are incredible.

We managed to pull ourselves away from Everest and hit up Kali River Rapids, it was 72 degrees out, it made perfect sense…

I had packed ponchos and we put those on but we still got really wet. It was also overcast by this point so in retrospect I wish we had skipped Kali, but we still had a fun ride and a good time looking over the quene. I honestly think that’s the best part of the whole attraction.

We headed out of Asia and back towards the Tree of Life, there were a couple friends I was hoping were still out for their last meet and greet of the day!

Russell and Doug from Up!

These guys were great. Doug licked my face and then Russell tried to steal me from Spencer. He kept holding my hand and leading me away, it was adorable! I love fur characters who still have a ton of personality even though they don’t say anything aloud.

Next we headed over to its Tough to be a Bug!

The completely necessary bug eye shot.

This show definitely creeps me out a little bit but I still love it. It was fun watching Spencer see it for the first time because he wasn’t ready for some of the “surprises” Over all we really enjoyed it and we were glad we fit it into our day! I do wish the AK had something more kid friendly involving Bugs or A Bugs Life, I think the park could use a small section devoted to those types of critters.

Next we headed to Camp Minnie Mickey, or is it Mickey Minnie? We were off to see the FOTLK AKA the Best show on Disney Property!

But first we stopped to say hi to some furry friends!

I love this photo

This was a great meet and greet, they were so full of energy! They were just adorable. I’m a huge Chip and Dale fan and grew up obsessed with the Rescue Rangers, I really enjoyed meeting them in their Christmas gear!

Next we hopped in line to see some characters from one of my favorite Disney movies, the Jungle Book!

This was another great meet and greet because I had a Jungle Book shirt on. Baloo was so excited! Then King Louise saw that he was not on the shirt and he got all sad.

I tried to cheer him up but he seemed to decide to only like Spencer from then on.

It was really fun meeting them!

Next it was time for the FOTLK! We headed into the theater with 5 mins til showtime and we got some good seats, love those December crowds!

The show was great per usual.

I love the FOTLK the music, the performers, the costumes, its just fabulous. Spencer really enjoyed the show as well!

After the show we ran over to see Donald.

He loved my Donald Pin I had on. He was great! He and the character handler works well together because she insisted he wasn’t really #1 as his pin stated, but of course Donald is adamant that he is! Too funny.

After our meet and greet with Donald we wandered around Camp Mickey Minnie checking out the character trees. I think these are so creative and great! I love them all and would love to have one in my house.

Donald’s Tree!

Goofy!

Mickey!

Pluto!

Chip and Dale!

By this time is was around 2:30pm. We wanted to stay for the parade but it wasn’t until 3:30 or 4 if I remember correctly and there really wasn’t anything else we wanted to do in the AK that day, we had pretty much done it all! So we headed out of the park.

We did stop for a picture in front of the Park Christmas Tree

Our one and only magic shot, too funny.

We jumped in the car and headed back to AoA, we were going to take a little break, explore the resort and then head out for some more park fun later that night.

Stay Tuned!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #22
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ahh I'm am so bummed I missed out on Russel and Dug. I saw them in April and planned to get back, but it just didn't happen.

I so love Tough to be a Bug with a newbie. OMG it's fun.

Interesting thought about Bugs Life and more kid friendly. In DL (or more accurately California Adventure), the entire Bug's Life area is kid centred. They really should do the same in AK.

Hahaha, that's a great Magic Shot.

Ahhhh you are making me want to get back this December SO BAD!!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMG AHHHHHHH where'd you ever find that Jungle book shirt????

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #24
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Ahh I'm am so bummed I missed out on Russel and Dug. I saw them in April and planned to get back, but it just didn't happen.

I so love Tough to be a Bug with a newbie. OMG it's fun.

Interesting thought about Bugs Life and more kid friendly. In DL (or more accurately California Adventure), the entire Bug's Life area is kid centred. They really should do the same in AK.

Hahaha, that's a great Magic Shot.

Ahhhh you are making me want to get back this December SO BAD!!
Haha you know you want to, December at Disney is the best!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
JessM
We all have a dream

Photo Tour of AoA and MK!

Photo Tour of AoA and Heading to MK!

We headed back to AoA, we got back to our room and changed/freshened up. I promised Spencer a nap but I was afraid if I laid down I wouldn’t want to get back up. Plus there’s no sleeping in Disney!

I let Spencer lay down for half and hour and then I hurried him up and out of the room! We weren’t quite ready to head off the MK yet (it was parade taping there and we didn’t want to get there before that was all cleaned up) so we decided to walk around our resort! We hadn’t taken a bus yet and we had driven back and forth to Animation Hall so we were really overdue for a resort walk thru!

I know everyone’s trip reports who have stayed at AoA for the past year have a ton of pics so I’ll just share a few of my favorites!

Ursula!

Our room was on the back side of this building. I really loved our view out to Hourglass Lake, it was perfect! And we weren’t quite as far away as the Ariel Building was from Animation Hall.

Looking towards the LM Section

I really loved the landscaping in this section, you can tell Disney was trying to make it look like the bottom of the sea. I think once the plants fill out a little more this section will be perfect!

On to the Lion King Section!

On the way to the Lion King Section

Dorky Vacation Photo

Scar!

Pride Rock

Be that Statue?

The Lion King Section is the least appealing to me, compared to the other sections it’s a little boring. Its still really well done but if I was staying in a suite I’d pick Nemo or Cars!

On to Finding Nemo!

Crush! My favorite Dude!

Mr. Ray!

The Finding Nemo pool looked like a ton of fun. Unfortunately we never got in it : (

Off to Cars!

The Cars Section in my opinion was the best section. The theming was fabulous, I can only imagine how awesome real Cars land must be at California Adventure!

The Cozy Cone!

The pool are was so cute with the Cone Cabanas. So Clever Disney!

Mater : )

My Turn

Luigis! This section is sooooooo well done, I loved it!

Stud

I love miss Sally!

After our tour of the resort we headed to Animation Hall and looked around the gift shop. I also pin traded in the lobby and tried to figure what to do about our reservation that night since it looked like my parents and Aunt wouldn’t be joining us.

We had a reservation for the dessert party at MK and we had pre-paid for it. Luckily, Spencer and I had a separate reservation than my folks because they had booked their trip so late. I had been thrilled they were able to get in with us after a few days of reservation stalking. So I waited in line at the Concierge to ask if I could still cancel for them and get them a refund based on what happened earlier in the day. The Concierge said it should be no problem but my Dad would have to call since the reservation was in his name. I passed that information along to my folks in a text message and we headed out to the bus stop. MK here we come!!

It wasn’t long before we were seeing this beautiful site!

We entered the park and made our way up Main Street, it was busy but not unmanageable. We stopped for a photopass picture even though the Castle hadn’t been lit yet.

The photopass photographer was like “you know the lights will be on in 15 mins right?” but we didn’t care we weren’t going to watch the lightening ceremony but it seemed just wrong to go up Main Street without a picture!

We hurried over to SM and pulled a FP with a return time that was only out around an hour, NOT bad!

We decided to grab some dinner at Cosmic Rays while we waited. We both had the chicken nuggets, SO good. Sorry for the lack of pictures…

After dinner we had a bit of time before our FPs were good so we hit up the Laugh Floor!

I love all the little details, so cute! I’m pretty sure Spencer thought I was a freak for grabbing a picture of this but I didn’t care!

We grabbed FPs for Buzz after we left the Laugh Floor and headed over to use our SM FPs!

I don’t care that SM is jerky its still one of my favorites <3

So when we got off the ride and went over to look at the ride photos, the little girl who was behind us in the car was right infront of us viewing the ride photos:

She said. “hey Mom look it’s me! That ride was great! Oh look at that guy in front of me!” And then she laughed because Spencer was cowering in the picture!

She looked behind and saw Spencer standing there, got a really embarrassed look on her face and then ran off hahahaha. I thought she was hilarious because in truth Spencer was screaming like a bit of a baby ; )

I laughed the entire way out of SM, it was a great ride!
We took a spin on the people mover, none of my pictures came out : (
And we were off to save the Galaxy from the Evil Emperor Zurg.

We made our way quickly through the line with our FPs

I really want to get a good picture of Buzz someday!

Spencer annihilated me, I always knew I hated this ride haha!
We were done for now in Tomorrowland so we headed off to explore more the MK.

Stay Tuned!!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #26
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Great mini tour of AoA Jess. It really is a spectacular resort.

Really glad Disney was (I assume) able to cancel the 'rents reservation.

Bahaha, great SM ride photo story especially when the girl ran off. OMG too funny.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Great mini tour of AoA Jess. It really is a spectacular resort.

Really glad Disney was (I assume) able to cancel the 'rents reservation.

Bahaha, great SM ride photo story especially when the girl ran off. OMG too funny.
I love AoA, not enough to pay more when POP is across the lake but I'm glad we tried it once!

They were, Disney is so accommodating.

I love it, I think I'm going to get Photopass+ next time so we can have actual copies of all of these, Spencer's face is pretty much always priceless lol
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #28
JessM
We all have a dream

A Magical Evening!

A Magical Evening!

After we finished up in Tomorrowland we headed over towards Adventureland.

We stopped for a couple pics

Those Castle Dream Lights are amazing!

We still had some time to kill before we checked into the Dessert Party!
We headed over and stopped and walked through the Swiss Family Robison Treehouse.

It was just as boring as I remember it but it was kinda fun.

The view was nice from the top at least!

Next we headed over to the Jungle Cruise. I love the punny jokes on this ride. I had never done the ride at night. I know some people love it at night but I have to say I wasn’t a huge fan of it in the dark. It just wasn’t the same, and it seemed really eerie instead of fun and light hearted like its supposed to be. Our skipper wasn’t the best either. She was trying really hard but you couldn’t really understand or hear her so it was just meh.

We headed to Pirates next.

Spencer and I both really enjoyed this ride! Its one of my Dad’s favorites and it was actually really sad not riding with him : ( I think it might have been my first Dad free Pirates ride ever… I so wished they weren’t stuck at the hospital and they were with us having fun!

After Pirates, we figured we should go get in the line for the Dessert party, and we were starting to drag a bit so we were looking forward to sitting down!

So we went over and got in what I thought was the line. Two years before the line went one way and this year it went the opposite way. So I thought we were at the back of the line and that we were behind this family. Apparently we were really waiting by the entrance and they didn’t even bother to tell us! I really wasn’t trying to be a jerk but jeez I wish they had said something! We were there for like 10mins!

Anyways, we finally figured it out without help from the front of the line family and went to the back of the line.

Meanwhile…

My parents had been with my Aunt at the hospital all day. They had cancelled their Dessert Party Reservation and were planning on sticking around the hospital at least until the doctor came back. Finally, the Doctor came around at like 6:30 and said they hadn’t found anything but they were going to keep my Aunt overnight. My Uncle decided he wanted to stay the night so my parents left solo.

They got back to POP and decided to head over to the MK. My Mom wasn't taking the whole last of vacation thing well so they headed out immediately. My Mom texted me while we were on our way over to the Dessert Party to tell me they were on their way. When they arrived they were bummed that they had just cancelled their reservation (around 6ish) because they didn’t think they would make it because the doctor took forever coming around. The line had just started moving to be let into the party. Everything had gone exactly right to get them there on time, which never happens!

I offered to give them Spencer and I’s table since they had had a less than magical day but they weren’t hearing any of it. My Dad decided to go ahead and ask the manager if there was any way they could get their reservation back.

We waited in line and by the time we got to the podium the CMs had it all worked out! They gave us back the table of 4 my parents had originally reserved! SO LUCKY! And so nice of them to give us that table, they had been telling people randomly asking they were full. SO much pixie dust!
We headed over to our table and hit the dessert buffet hard! My Mom and I are both dessert fans, we ate so much!

I love the Dessert Party and I think its so worth it, but that’s just me : ) The desserts are tasty and I like the view without fighting several hundred of my closest friends.

They even had a photopass photographer!

This one is so foolish

We watched Celebrate the Magic First (sorry none of my pictures came out). I absolutely love this show, especially the Tangled lantern part. I was almost crying.

Spencer also loved it! I was so amazed and happy how much he genuinely enjoyed everything this trip! I almost started crying just because he said he loved it too. Just a sap!

Wishes was next and it was magical, emotional and amazing as usual. The little girls voice literally melts my heart. I will see Wishes more than once on my next trip!

After the fireworks, we decided to go and try to hit up a couple of my Mom’s favorite rides since she hadn’t gotten to ride much this trip! My Dad was taking this whole trip derailment much better than my Mom was so we went to do her favorites first!

Main Street was crazy packed, they even had the back stage exit going. It was nuts. Good thing Spencer is great at evasive maneuvers so we followed him across Main Street and into the sanctuary that was Adventureland.

First we hit up BTMRR

A ride that is quite fabulous in the dark!

The ride was great per usual and my Mom looked so much happier after we got off, its her favorite ride!

We walked along the boardwalk by the Rivers of America laughing and just generally being happy to finally all be at the MK!

We hurried along so we could make it to the HM before the parade!
We took at spin with the happiest of haunts, my Mom’s other favorite ride!
When we came out the parade was just about to start! We grabbed seats right on the curb and watched

Parade Spam!

I honestly love this parade. I remember Spectromagic but I think they are both spectacular. The only thing I really miss from Spectro is chip and dale on their piano, so cute!

Cindy is so pretty

Peter Pan my Favorite!

Dopey is so cute

Also, Spencer LOVED the parade. I’ve caught him listening to the music at home, its true I really have!

I was so happy, the night just seemed so magical. In Disney with my family, my BF it was perfect! The weather was great, the MK night time entertainment was great and we had ridden so many great rides!

And our magical night wasn’t over yet!

Does anyone find it hard to believe a Disney freak managed to go to MK and not beeline straight to New Fantasyland?

Well I was pretty impressed with myself haha. I had purposely not walked by NFL yet because I feared it would be super busy and I would just be disappointed I couldn’t experience anything there yet because of the waits.
But after the parade seemed like a perfect time! NFL time!

First we hit up the Little Mermaid ride.

I thought the quene was really cute!

I really enjoyed the ride, especially the under the sea room. I just loved all the bright colors.

I know its not super thrilling but its in Fantasyland its not supposed to be.

We also went over and did Enchanted Tales with Belle. I was getting tired at this point so no pictures sorry.

Overall I really enjoyed the attraction. I loved Belle’s cottage that was fabulous. I thought the CM did a good job trying to get people into it while in Maurice’s workshop and waiting for the mirror portal but it just seemed a little too scripted and no one was really interested. Maybe they could shorten that wait or something.

The mirror effect was incredible! I want to do the attraction again just to watch that again. It was amazing.

The show was cute too, none of us got picked for a part but it was cute.
I wouldn’t wait a long time for it but it was a cool experience.
We made our way out of the park after that. It had been a magical evening but it was late and it had been a jam packed day!

A few photos on the way out.

I was actually pleasantly surprised how into photopass my parents got. We usually don't take any pictures at Disney so it was nice to get a few this trip. Next trip I'm going for the plus to get the ride photos too! It is nice to share the cost with my folks!

Highs of the Day: Honestly too many to list but here’s a few of my favorites:

• Everest!
• Awesome little girl making fun of Spencer after SM
• Celebrate the Magic, Wishes and MSEP!
• Mom and Dad getting into the Dessert Party!

Lows of the Day:
• My Aunt going to the hospital : (

Food of the Day:
• Everything at the Dessert Party
• Disney Nuggets

Disney Christmas Experiences:
• Castle Dream Lights
• Holiday Version of Celebrate the Magic!
• Donald, Chip and Dale in Christmas Grab!
• Camp Minnie Mickey Character Christmas Trees
• Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Christmas Décor

Missed Disney Christmas Experiences for Next Trip:
• Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy and their Christmas best!
• MVMCP
Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
_addicted2disney
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read more!
_addicted2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #30
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Ahh I can't wait to see the castle dream lights again. Just stunning.

Bahaha, too funny on the treehouse. Definitely some nice views though.

Oh wow, I actually quite love the Jungle Cruise at night. It is VERY different to be sure. For some reason the animals just look more real to me. I think that's why I like it.

OMG, that is so wonderful that your parents made it to the Dessert Party AND were able to get the ressie back. Pixie dust indeed!

So glad the day ended so wonderfully for you despite the sadness of your aunt's situation. And super glad to hear that Spencer is a complete convert. That's Disney Magic for ya.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: