Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #16
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

That's a really good question.... I'm actually not sure. I'll try to find out at work tomorrow I know the actual deepest part is after the plunge on the waterside but I'm not sure exactly how deep it is... Probably pretty deep because adults go down and don't hurt themselves lol. But it gets shallow quickly and there's always a lifeguard posted. Aside from that, all of the pools are pretty shallow. I'm 5 feet and can stand easily so I'm guessing like... 4 feet? Maybe even less?
Hitsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 AM   #17
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

Waikolohe river is probably around 3 feet...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 03:17 AM   #18
MilesAugust
Earning My Ears

Parking?

Are there any tips for overnight parking? Cheaper alternative nearby, maybe? Was hoping to save on the $35 per night charge.
MilesAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #19
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

I wish... Unfortunately there is no way around the parking fee... Even cast members have to pay it when they stay on property... It's a pretty hefty fee for those who are staying for multiple days
Old 09-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #20
GoofyforDisnee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Hawaii... we plan to arrive on a Wednesday, spend three nights on Oahu, and then Saturday jump on the NCL cruise around the islands until the following Saturday, and then spend one more night in Oahu and leave Sunday. For our first three nights in Oahu, we thought we'd stay at Aulani being Disney fanatics but I have read it's pretty remote and out of the way. As first timers being in Hawaii (and probably our last!), would you recommend Aulani considering the location? I know you are bias since you work there, and I am bias being a Disney fan, but we thought maybe the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki may be more central with more sightseeing options for us, without having to go too far out of the way. We will have a car the whole time though. Appreciate your opinion!
I have done the NCL cruise. Although I thought it was absolutely the best way to see the other islands, I would do that first and stay at Hilton Hawaiian Village (HVV) or Aulani second. I stayed at HHV first and was so diappointed with the quality of the room on the ship. What I mean by that is the bedspread had a hole in it and other little minor things. Just use to Disney standards. HVV is absolutely beautiful and it is definitly a more central location. We took a bus to Diamond Head from there and walked to the Hard Rock. I have never stayed at Aulani, yet!! First trip will be June 2014!!
GoofyforDisnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #21
GoofyforDisnee
Earning My Ears

Beach chairs/umbrellas

We are planning our first trip to Aulani in June. I would like to know if there is an adequate number of umbrellas/beach chairs on the beach? Do I need to "secure" my spot first thing in the morning? Went to Jamaica last year and found all of the best chairs with umbrellas and tables were gone first thing in the am by either early risers or the butlers for people staying in butler suites. Thank you!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #22
Nickyz79
Earning My Ears

Do you know how big the new pool is going to be? Any more talk about weather the new pool will be ready by end september?
Nickyz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

There are a bunch of beach chairs that they just added near the 'Ama 'Ama restaurant. I rarely go to the beach area but the last time I was there was TONS of room in that new area
Old 09-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

No sorry there has been no recent updates on the pool. The new area is going to be pretty big because its where the old lawn used to be
Old 09-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
lsa999
Earning My Ears

We were there for 5 days and didn't have any trouble getting chairs.
lsa999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
GoofyforDisnee
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #27
Nickyz79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsubasa View Post
No sorry there has been no recent updates on the pool. The new area is going to be pretty big because its where the old lawn used to be
Thanks so much for your info. I have another question for you since we will be arriving in a month. This time about pillows for the kids. How are the pillows. My kids like , and are used to very thin pillows. Should we bring our own, are there kids pillows or are the usual ones thick or thin?. Ta
Old 09-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #28
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

Not thin pillows. They're pretty fluffy... They're very comfy though if they're used to flat pillows, however, then you might want to brig your own
Old 09-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #29
Hitsubasa
Earning My Ears

UPDATE!! My work schedule had me go near the pool today so I had a look at the construction... They are making GREAT progress! I even saw water in the pool today so hopefully that means its almost done I didn't get a really good look at it but I know the kiddie area is pretty much done
Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #30
Nickyz79
Earning My Ears

YAY that is fantastic news. Fingers crossed for it being ready for first week october. Thank you for all your advice.
I was actually just looking at resturant bookings. I notice you can book the Makahiki restaurant for breakfast and dinner. But can you book for lunch or do you just show up?

Tags
aulani, cast member, hawaii

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: